Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616441 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2019
A40:
Ka ma kuro ka ma jalè. That series was not sure for Golden State till Chris Paul got hurt

Exactly
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:13am On Feb 26, 2019
No come Western Conference. Them tell you you no gree, dem advice you you no hear
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:11am On Feb 26, 2019
Eruditor:

Even if they are not chokers people act like they were not leading 17pts and 15pts in the back to back losses of game 6 and 7 (without CP3) whereas they were losing by 12 and 5 or so with him in games 4 and 5 that they ended up winning.

People forget that the games 4&5 were won by a total of 5pts and we had the possessions to actually win. And that was prime Rockets. Their best ever.

Exactly, and we are forgetting that the Rockets barely made it thro the WC Finals. What's the guarantee that they will get to the finals this year. Make we dey watch..
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2019
A40:
No come Western Conference. Them tell you you no gree, dem advice you you no hear

grin grin grin grin And they were even seeing themselves in the playoffs automatically. Take Lebron out of that team and add a healthy Kawhi, they'll be at the lowest 5th on the standings. But now we can see how much help their goat had in Cleveland, it's always someone else's fault. Now em' don humble baba for west grin grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2019
Lol

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:02pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lakers fans e ti wo one chance. This guy no send una. He just came to boost his stats and gather individual accolades

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
A40:
Lakers fans e ti wo one chance. This guy no send una. He just came to boost his stats and gather individual accolades
He really posted this. LeBron grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

grin grin grin grin And they were even seeing themselves in the playoffs automatically. Take Lebron out of that team and add a healthy Kawhi, they'll be at the lowest 5th on the standings. But now we can see how much help their goat had in Cleveland, it's always someone else's fault. Now em' don humble baba for west grin grin grin grin
Lmaooo I told overconfident LeNomad fans that the Western Conference is a different animal. Even hopeless teams like the Grizzlies and Pelicans without Anthony Davis would go out of their way to make sure the Lakers don't make the playoffs

The Finals record stans and fanboys like Nick Wright would finally be able to shut up about Kobe missing the playoffs even though he had a much weaker roster.

I also don't want to even hear anything about LeBron's injury either. They are 4-7 since he returned. Losing to the Pacers sans Oladipo, Grizzlies sans Gasol, Jackson Jr, Pelicans sans Anthony Davis. So in total the Lakers are 23-20 with him which is hardly exceptional

Where is BarthramLeStat? He must have seen the future.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
im happy to see lebron STILL giving folks sleepless nights. Even after a loss shocked. We know haters think about Le King all the time. Wake up in cold sweats from nightmares of Lebron winning another ring grin Still shook up about coming back from 3-1 grin

Its ok, the kings envoys salute you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2019
SmooshCHN:
He really posted this. LeBron grin grin grin grin
I don't think any self respecting Basketballer who doesn't want to be or isn't a lackey would want to play with LeBron. When KD said it it sounded like he was hating whereas he was just spitting facts.

He's all about his stats and individual accolades at this point. If your team wins he would get all the glory, if they lose you would get all the blame. There is zero incentive to playing with LeNomad

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
birdman:
im happy to see lebron STILL giving folks sleepless nights. Even after a loss shocked. We know haters think about Le King all the time. Wake up in cold sweats from nightmares of Lebron winning another ring grin Still shook up about coming back from 3-1 grin

Alo alo oo, alo alo alo. Story story oh, Story story story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eHQTsI_AuU
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2019
birdman:

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
This gave me chills. Class act by Doc Rivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYWVbLv1wgY
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2019
Has Dirk come out like Wade to say he is retiring though? Lol cos with all the ovations and all he would look like a complete bozo if he played next season grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
A40:
Has Dirk come out like Wade to say he is retiring though? Lol cos with all the ovations and all he would look like a complete bozo if he played next season grin

This explains your silence about the recent recognition he has been getting. I been was ask why you neva say anything about Baba Dirk since this thing start.

Anyway, even if he chooses to stay, I believe he deserves the celebration he is getting now. LeBum should wax a special tribute to Dirk for slaying him and his assembly while battling a flu.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
Roland17:

This explains your silence about the recent recognition he has been getting. I been was ask why you neva say anything about Baba Dirk since this thing start.

Anyway, even if he chooses to stay, I believe he deserves the celebration he is getting now. LeBum should wax a special tribute to Dirk for slaying him and his assembly while battling a flu.
Honestly. He never actually come out talk anything, no hashtag nothing. I guess that's just Dirk being Dirk

2011 will always be memorable. When 33 year old Dirk, 38 year old Kidd and 34 year old Jason Terry beat LeNomad and the Heatles in their primes

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
A40:
ol boy, this is the main reason why i haven't said anything. My Guy can still play for the next year or two if he wants to.

But then again, he doesn't like attention. If he retires this year, i guess he hasn't said anything because doesn't want the recognition. Greatness will always be recognized even when it's humble. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2019
donlittle25:
ol boy, this is the main reason why i haven't said anything. My Guy can still play for the next year or two if he wants to.

But then again, he doesn't like attention. If he retires this year, i guess he hasn't said anything because doesn't want the recognition. Greatness will always be recognized even when it's humble. cool
I'd like to see him, Porzingis and Doncic in uniform. Something tells me he would still go another season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ewuro4: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2019
birdman:

grin grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:30am On Feb 27, 2019
Ewuro4:

grin grin grin wink
Hahahaha Happy New Year. No playoffs for LeNomad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Come on guys!!! Put some heart to the game now!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:23am On Feb 27, 2019
The raptors no even gats comot gear 1 to they beat the Celtics like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:41am On Feb 27, 2019
Ewuro4:

grin grin grin wink

original bitterleaf! grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:47am On Feb 27, 2019
People were saying Durant was going to be the next best player in the league as Lebron starts to age. To me, I feel like that baton is going to Antetokoumpo instead.

Maybe being on a talented warriors is reducing how much Durant has to do, but if I had to choose between these two, it would be the greek freak.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:22am On Feb 27, 2019
birdman:
People were saying Durant was going to be the next best player in the league as Lebron starts to age. To me, I feel like that baton is going to Antetokoumpo instead.

Maybe being on a talented warriors is reducing how much Durant has to do, but if I had to choose between these two, it would be the greek freak.

Kevin Durant has been the best player in the NBA since 2017. All the arguments people used to make for Lebron are all flat because KD has consistently outdone him. He has outplayed Lebron in 2 straight finals in both scoring and defending. Because one player looks like he is carrying more does not make him better. To suddenly shift to Antetokoumpo is just pure mischief. He is not even better than Curry, Kawhi, Harden yet in that order.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:48am On Feb 27, 2019
Roland17:

na your pikin be dat? tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:45am On Feb 27, 2019
Eruditor:

Kevin Durant has been the best player in the NBA since 2017. All the arguments people used to make for Lebron are all flat because KD has consistently outdone him. He has outplayed Lebron in 2 straight finals in both scoring and defending. Because one player looks like he is carrying more does not make him better. To suddenly shift to Antetokoumpo is just pure mischief. He is not even better than Curry, Kawhi, Harden yet in that order.

Come on, how do you outplay a player who has better stats and effect on his team while he is being done teamed throughout a playoff series. While KD never gets double teamed in the Cave series.
One of the most salient reasons why I have MJ above other wings is because he is the only one of them who played his entire career, where no other player in his team was ever double teamed.
KD won two finals MVP without being double teamed for the series, so forgive me if I do not call that person the best player in the world.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2019
I'm asking one of my guys. He just turned 17 and he's 5"9 or 5"10 . He loves college basketball. Any advice?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:40am On Feb 27, 2019
The Joker absolutely crushed the Thunder last night

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
Khanben:

Come on, how do you outplay a player who has better stats and effect on his team while he is being done teamed throughout a playoff series. While KD never gets double teamed in the Cave series.
One of the most salient reasons why I have MJ above other wings is because he is the only one of them who played his entire career, where no other player in his team was ever double teamed.
KD won two finals MVP without being double teamed for the series, so forgive me if I do not call that person the best player in the world.

I don't know how to make emotional arguments. Legacy wise Lebron is ahead of KD. In the last 2 years? No. When the played head to head in 2012 KD averaged more points in that finals. You people still said Lebron was better even when he had Dwade and Bosh. All the other times, they said Lebron was doing more overall -defensively (since KD always had better offensive output). Today, KD defends better than Lebron and he has proven that in 2 finals. The talk about Lebron being double-team issa fat lie my man. At least not by GSW. Go and rewatch all our playoff games against him. And if being double teamed makes a player great then Curry is better than both of them as he is the one who gets double-teamed.

GSW strategy has always been to leave the ball in Lebron's hands and let him get all the buckets so his teammates will be out of rhythm. You can check this thread on the day he scored those 53pts or so in game 1. I said it here.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lakers 4-10 without Lonzo Bust. cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 1:19am On Feb 28, 2019
BykeLaByke:
Lakers 4-10 without Lonzo Bust. cheesy
No lonzo, no playoffs for Lakers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1085) (1086) (1087) (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.