Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1608071 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) ... (2190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
steady986:

Lebron would have done equally well with this Rockets team without CP3 and Capela. They have Eric Gordon who can go for 30 on a good day. Gerald Green, Trevor Ariza...come on. Forget what you hear of this Lakers team, they can't play sh*t. It needs total overhauling. Plus the coaching, let's not forget that Luke is barely the same age with most of the players. He's a baby when it comes to coaching, especially coaching a team filled with veterans who don't seem to want to take instructions from him. You can add to all these the instabilities the AD trade brought. There's just so many things wrong with this team. Let's wait 'til next season when we have a new coach, another all-star, a couple of shooters...then we can judge.
The LeBron that is not doing well with the Lakers despite having Ingram, Rondo, Kuzma will suddenly do well without CP3 and Capela? Are you kidding me right now?

Eric Gordon also missed 14 games btw. Which means there were games James Harden was missing all 3 (Capela, Gordon, CP3). Lmaooo Ariza has left the Rockets since last season!! Gerald Green? Don't make me lose appetite please

How old was Luke when he was leading Golden State to a 39-4 record? If you were a boss I'm sure you would not tolerate all these excuses you're serving for LeNomad

What stopped your LeNomad from embracing this team and leading them to the promise land? You guys swore he can lead any team to the playoffs. While we told you he was benefiting from a rubbish Eastern Conference where teams 4 games behind .500 are in playoff positions

Who are the all Stars for the Jazz and Clippers? The fact is LeNomad's terrible leadership completely wrecked a salvageable situation. The excuse last season was he needed more playmakers and players that could create offense on their own, they gave him playmakers and the excuse now is he needs more shooters! Same shooters he had in Cleveland. Sheesh!
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
A40:

The LeBron that is not doing well with the Lakers despite having Ingram, Rondo, Kuzma will suddenly do well without CP3 and Capela? Are you kidding me right now?

Eric Gordon also missed 14 games btw. Which means there were games James Harden was missing all 3 (Capela, Gordon, CP3). Lmaooo Ariza has left the Rockets since last season!! Gerald Green? Don't make me lose appetite please

How old was Luke when he was leading Golden State to a 39-4 record? If you were a boss I'm sure you would not tolerate all these excuses you're serving for LeNomad

What stopped your LeNomad from embracing this team and leading them to the promise land? You guys swore he can lead any team to the playoffs. While we told you he was benefiting from a rubbish Eastern Conference where teams 4 games behind .500 are in playoff positions

Who are the all Stars for the Jazz and Clippers? The fact is LeNomad's terrible leadership completely wrecked a salvageable situation. The excuse last season was he needed more playmakers and players that could create offense on their own, they gave him playmakers and the excuse now is he needs more shooters! Same shooters he had in Cleveland. Sheesh!

A40 correct me if I am wrong o, but didn't Eric Gordon start of the season struggling? The guy is just finding his footing sef
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
donlittle25:
A40 correct me if I am wrong o, but didn't Eric Gordon start of the season struggling? The guy is just finding his footing sef
I tire oh. Someone that has been shooting 39% from the field this season.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
steady986:

Lebron would have done equally well with this Rockets team without CP3 and Capela. They have Eric Gordon who can go for 30 on a good day. Gerald Green, Trevor Ariza...come on. Forget what you hear of this Lakers team, they can't play sh*t. It needs total overhauling. Plus the coaching, let's not forget that Luke is barely the same age with most of the players. He's a baby when it comes to coaching, especially coaching a team filled with veterans who don't seem to want to take instructions from him. You can add to all these the instabilities the AD trade brought. There's just so many things wrong with this team. Let's wait 'til next season when we have a new coach, another all-star, a couple of shooters...then we can judge.
lebron would have done equally well on this rockets? grin grin grin na so. The love affair you have with the guy is still going very strong Sha. am not going to do this jire....LeBron just passed the goat(yes the GOAT!!!) On the scoring list, so am going to give the guy his due . He has done well for himself, but why are we are on this pls? again? Really?How many evidences do you need again? Came back when this team was at eight place o...not as if they were out of the playoff contention or something and he could do nada, zilch! And Ingram can't play? Are u hearing yourself? Kuzma? And them boys? (Do you have to put other players down to lift LeBron up?)maybe hes inconsistent, bt he's 21 for goodness sake! Continue to put LeBron James on an unreasonable pedestal o.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
A40:

he basically created this roster. Magic Johnson and Rob pelinka alluded to that, so the flaws and loopholes on this team are somewhat on him. I think he banked on his greatness a bit too much... Trying to over extend on how great he thinks he is. Welcome to the western conference, LeBron James!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
What's the point of all these our arguments sef? Are u people saying that LeBron is not as good as people think he is, or you're just say he's not as good as MJ? Which is it. Because I myself believe MJ is the greatest. So, let's clarify.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:36am On Mar 08, 2019
How can someone say watching harden is more exciting than Giannis lol MVP is obviously playing for the team with the best record in the league
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:38am On Mar 08, 2019
This might be one of those rare NBA seasons (2001 was the last full season, I think, where no team won 60 regular season games.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2019
Killrhymz:
How can someone say watching harden is more exciting than Giannis lol MVP is obviously playing for the team with the best record in the league
Giannis fouls players on the drive a lot, and the referees don't call it.
Harden travels a lot on the step backs, and the referees don't call it. Make your pick.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2019
steady986:

Giannis fouls players on the drive a lot, and the referees don't call it.
Harden travels a lot on the step backs, and the referees don't call it. Make your pick.
And LeBron travels a lot on his drives too.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2019
Hardetayour:
And LeBron travels a lot on his drives too.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
steady986:
What's the point of all these our arguments sef? Are u people saying that LeBron is not as good as people think he is, or you're just say he's not as good as MJ? Which is it. Because I myself believe MJ is the greatest. So, let's clarify.
He's not as good as MJ. Never has been and never will

The consecutive Final runs highlight the weaknesses of the East much more than LeNomad's greatness which is what we have been repeating ad nauseum! so this narrative that LeNomad can carry any team must die
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
A40:
Bahahahahaha. We gave them fair warning. The West is a different beast we said, we would bow they said. Who is bowing now? Out of the playoffs I might add

Bahahahahaha grin grin they said I was writing epistle

This team could have gotten to the second round in the west and everyone knows it. The way they were dismantling Warriors before Lebrons injury is proof.

The big blunder was overshopping the young core in trade talks. Now the cry babies refuse to play because their feelings were hurt. Id trade them all this off season and get professionals, not kids who should really be in college eating ramen noodles
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
A40:
He's not as good as MJ. Never has been and never will

The consecutive Final runs highlight the weaknesses of the East much more than LeNomad's greatness which is what we have been repeating ad nauseum! so this narrative that LeNomad can carry any team must die
I don't understand your point. Was MJ not in the east as well?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
steady986:

I don't understand your point. Was MJ not in the east as well?
In MJ's era the balance of power was largely in the East as shown by the number of dominant teams it had compared to the West. Since LeNomad's era the balance of power has shifted
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
Shannon's points against Skip in the Lebron/MJ debate was fire. Even Skip confirm.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
A40:
In MJ's era the balance of power was largely in the East as shown by the number of dominant teams it had compared to the West. Since LeNomad's era the balance of power has shifted
Not true. The West had strong teams, even stronger than the East. Magic/KAJ with Lakers, Post Malone with Jazz, Kobe/Shaq with Lakers, Olajuwon with Rockets, Duncan with Spurs. Guy chill
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
birdman:

This team could have gotten to the second round in the west and everyone knows it. The way they were dismantling Warriors before Lebrons injury is proof.

The big blunder was overshopping the young core in trade talks. Now the cry babies refuse to play because their feelings were hurt. Id trade them all this off season and get professionals, not kids who should really be in college eating ramen noodles
Lmaooooo. That team was not going to do Squadushhh. They were only 2.5 games ahead of the 9th seed before LeNomad's injury and started on a relatively light schedule, which explains why their run-in to the season is so brutal

As for the Warriors game. That was largely an aberration. These Warriors lost to worse teams than the Lakers

Who were the cry babies that refused to play? Is it Ingram who put together the best 5 game stretch of his career or who exactly are you talking about. LeNomad is a terrible leader. These kids were 7 games under .500 last year. The potential was there! A so-called King returning with 31 games still to play and just 2 games outside the playoffs should have galvanized the troops. That's what real leaders do.

The locker room don't respect him. That's why a second year ninja like Kyle Kuzma can shove LeNomad to go and cover his defensive assignment grin grin I've never seen anything like that all my years of watching basketball

This is the toxic environment Kevin Durant was talking about.

I hope they trade them off and mortgage their future for an ageing player who probably has 2 seasons left of elite basketball
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
steady986:

Not true. The West had strong teams, even stronger than the East. Magic/KAJ with Lakers, Post Malone with Jazz, Kobe/Shaq with Lakers, Olajuwon with Rockets, Duncan with Spurs. Guy chill
I don't have time for too much argument.

Between the years the GOAT played (84-93 95-98)
Celtics - 1 title
Pistons - 2 titles
Bulls - 6 titles

The East won 9 titles out of a possible 13.

I don't even know why you're mentioning Duncan and Spurs and Kobe. How many years did they spend in the league and what did they achieve before MJ retired. Don't be dropping names for the sake of it
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
A40:
I don't have time for too much argument.

Between the years the GOAT played (84-93 95-98)
Celtics - 1 title
Pistons - 2 titles
Bulls - 6 titles

The East won 9 titles out of a possible 13.

I don't even know why you're mentioning Duncan and Spurs and Kobe. How many years did they spend in the league and what did they achieve before MJ retired. Don't be dropping names for the sake of it
Kobe was drafted in 96, Duncan in 97, so I have every right to mention them. And why do you include the 6 titles by Jordan, it's not relevant in this conversation. Take out the 6 and its 4-3 to the West. And what happened to 2001-2003? You're not adding that one? And don't forget the two years Rockets won it(94 & 95). We can clearly see that apart from Jordan's teams, the west were the dominant conference.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2019
Come on men, when was mike last championship?
steady986:

Kobe was drafted in 96, Duncan in 97, so I have every right to mention them. And why do you include the 6 titles by Jordan, it's not relevant in this conversation. Take out the 6 and its 4-3 to the West. And what happened to 2001-2003? You're not adding that one?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
A40:
Lmaooooo. That team was not going to do Squadushhh. They were only 2.5 games ahead of the 9th seed before LeNomad's injury and started on a relatively light schedule, which explains why their run-in to the season is so brutal

As for the Warriors game. That was largely an aberration. These Warriors lost to worse teams than the Lakers

Who were the cry babies that refused to play? Is it Ingram who put together the best 5 game stretch of his career or who exactly are you talking about. LeNomad is a terrible leader. These kids were 7 games under .500 last year. The potential was there! A so-called King returning with 31 games still to play and just 2 games outside the playoffs should have galvanized the troops. That's what real leaders do.

The locker room don't respect him. That's why a second year ninja like Kyle Kuzma can shove LeNomad to go and cover his defensive assignment grin grin I've never seen anything like that all my years of watching basketball

This is the toxic environment Kevin Durant was talking about.

I hope they trade them off and mortgage their future for an ageing player who probably has 2 seasons left of elite basketball
At least he's not like Durant who Chickened out and went to a winning team. The only reason Durant doesn't want to play with Bron is because he doesn't want to be under his shadow. Even AD is dying to play with Bron. You're saying all these as if it has been a regular occurrence in his career. Who dares not respect Lebron? Lebron came to LA to save their asses

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:14am On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

Kobe was drafted in 96, Duncan in 97, so I have every right to mention them. And why do you include the 6 titles by Jordan, it's not relevant in this conversation. Take out the 6 and its 4-3 to the West. And what happened to 2001-2003? You're not adding that one? And don't forget the two years Rockets won it(94 & 95). We can clearly see that apart from Jordan's teams, the west were the dominant conference.
Lmaooo je ki'n paro kan fun e. Kobe was not even a starter in his first two seasons. So don't drop Kobe and the Lakers like they were a threat

Why won't I include the 6 titles the Bulls won? What kind of Sakamanje argument is that? Are they not an Eastern team. If the West was as dominant as you claim then explain why no team from that conference took the Bulls to 7 games even when they had homecourt. Why would teams from a supposedly dominant conference fail at all 6 attempts to defeat the Bulls.

When the GOAT got to his full peak starting from 87-88 the only 3 series he lost two of them were to the eventual NBA Champions that played in his conference.

I didn't forget the two years. The Lakers and Rockets comprise the 4 titles the West won

You're adding 2001-2003 when the GOAT was 40 and came out of a 3 year retirement? You can't be serious undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:28am On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

At least he's not like Durant who Chickened out and went to a winning team. The only reason Durant doesn't want to play with Bron is because he doesn't want to be under his shadow. Even AD is dying to play with Bron. You're saying all these as if it has been a regular occurrence in his career. Who dares not respect Lebron? Lebron came to LA to save their asses
What's the difference? You called up your 2 lottery pick draft mates, all 3 of you in your athletic prime when you couldn't beat Orlando and Boston.

Imagine Jordan calling Olajuwon and Barkley to come to his rescue when he couldn't beat the Bad Boy Pistons and Boston. That is what your LeNomad did.

Durant, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard. The list is endless! Anthony Davis is a young pup who still looks at LeNomad like a fan. The older guys don't care for your king and that's why Anthony Davis is the only prominent guy being linked to the Lakers.

Lmaooo a second year dude literally pushing you to do your defensive duties. What an embarrassment!

Yeah we're seeing how he is saving their asses. They will be playing golf and going fishing from mid-April while others are battling in the playoffs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27am On Mar 09, 2019
This game is fire!!! Nuggets made a 21-5 run at warp speed!!!
Would love to see these teams in a playoff series
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 5:51am On Mar 09, 2019
I came here few weeks ago about my friend that said Danny Green is a better 2 way player than Klay Thomson....

This is what he sent me today

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 6:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Nuggets are NOT Golden State's greatest threat. Houston and Oklahoma City are.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 6:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Nuggets vs Warriors in the Western Conference Finals. NO. The Nuggets will be OUT in the first round of the playoffs. With Nuggets being a #2 seed, they would face the #7 San Antonio Spurs, another team Denver CANT beat. Nuggets already have problems with the Spurs as it is already and Spurs would win 4-2. It will probably be Houston or Oklahoma City in the West Finals
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2019
A40:
What's the difference? You called up your 2 lottery pick draft mates, all 3 of you in your athletic prime when you couldn't beat Orlando and Boston.

Imagine Jordan calling Olajuwon and Barkley to come to his rescue when he couldn't beat the Bad Boy Pistons and Boston. That is what your LeNomad did.

Durant, Paul George, Kawhi Leonard. The list is endless! Anthony Davis is a young pup who still looks at LeNomad like a fan. The older guys don't care for your king and that's why Anthony Davis is the only prominent guy being linked to the Lakers.

Lmaooo a second year dude literally pushing you to do your defensive duties. What an embarrassment!

Yeah we're seeing how he is saving their asses. They will be playing golf and going fishing from mid-April while others are battling in the playoffs
Klay Thompson is considering the Lakers too. Even Kyrie has reconciled and is willing to team up again.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:20am On Mar 09, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo je ki'n paro kan fun e. Kobe was not even a starter in his first two seasons. So don't drop Kobe and the Lakers like they were a threat

Why won't I include the 6 titles the Bulls won? What kind of Sakamanje argument is that? Are they not an Eastern team. If the West was as dominant as you claim then explain why no team from that conference took the Bulls to 7 games even when they had homecourt. Why would teams from a supposedly dominant conference fail at all 6 attempts to defeat the Bulls.

When the GOAT got to his full peak starting from 87-88 the only 3 series he lost two of them were to the eventual NBA Champions that played in his conference.

I didn't forget the two years. The Lakers and Rockets comprise the 4 titles the West won

You're adding 2001-2003 when the GOAT was 40 and came out of a 3 year retirement? You can't be serious undecided
They couldn't take the bulls to seven games because the bulls had the greatest player on earth.

Your argument was that the east was dominant in Jordan's era. I say the east looked like it was dominant because Jordan was with the bulls who won it 6 times. Now if you look at 85 to 03 which was Jordan's era, the only other Eastern team to win the ring is the pistons (2) and the Celtics (1). From the west Lakers won it 6 times, rockets 2 times and spurs 2 times. Now how's that dominance from the east?

The only time the east has ever been dominant was in the late 50s and 60s when the Celtics won it about 11 times. Check your fact before u argue my guy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2019
steady986:

Klay Thompson is considering the Lakers too. Even Kyrie has reconciled and is willing to team up again.
bro! "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" who is now believing the media now undecided( you did accuse me of that during LeBron stint as a gm trying to ship that whole team for "ad"wink Klay coming to Lakers? Why? Is it the culture that he would be enamored with?(lmao) or is it the money? Gsw can offer more money or what exactly? I don't get o...pls explain. Gee, am sorry...a chance to play with LeBron right? Lolz. Off with LeBron tinted glasses you wearing and try to see things as they truly are...and Kyrie? We have seen how that story ends before

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) ... (2190) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.