Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617355 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2019
Killrhymz:
so sad Auburn couldnt hold on.

Sir Charles will be so devastated right now.
Texas tech vs Michigan state for the championship will be a stingy match up cause both teams hang their hats on playing D.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2019
It seems the Bucks will rest the Greek Freak for the remainder of the regular season. Great choice
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:49am On Apr 07, 2019
A40:
Leave rim matter and focus on the matter at hand. Someone has provided you Garri, you're still asking for Cassava.

The most impactful boost to his FG% over the last two years consisted of him cutting down on long 2's, since this has been unearthed stop taking us back to any rim matter that does nothing for the debate whether right or wrong
Lol. It's now about long twos abi, no more rim matter. But as his long twos reduced, so did his going to the rim, which kind of balances it out . And did you know that he is making 49% of his long twos (16ft to 3pt line) this year as opposed to 35% last year, which happens to be his best shot type compared to all the other distances apart from at the rim. Bro, your argument holds no water. I've told you to stop reading stats cos it's clear you don't know how to analyze them.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2019
etidy:

Sad stuff, it was chilling when I heard the news. I didn't know that we "medics" plenty on this forum.
I started residency recently. But I have made up my mind to "port too" the system is just crazy ., no time for nonsense again.
Please do when you ever get the chance. You deserve better.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2019
donlittle25:
Paul Pierce needs to shut up and stop letting people disrespect him up and down.

He thought he was Kobe. That guy is soft as tissue.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:53am On Apr 07, 2019
steady986:

Lol. It's now about long twos abi, no more rim matter. But as his long twos reduced, so did his going to the rim, which kind of balances it out . And did you know that he is making 49% of his long twos (16ft to 3pt line) this year as opposed to 35% last year, which happens to be his best shot type compared to all the other distances apart from at the rim. Bro, your argument holds no water. I've told you to stop reading stats cos it's clear you don't know how to analyze them.
You're just yarning megedefegede. The point is stop giving LeNomad credit for any improvement with KCP if you will not give him blame for his decline as well.

I knew he was making it at a higher percentage. The page shows the percentage Captain Obvious. My point is the fewer longer 2's you take the likelier you are to be more efficient with it. Common sense!

Are you comparing the drop in longer two's to the drop in shots at the rim? What is your point exactly? Are you disputing the fact that cutting down long 2's generally improve a player's efficiency? Or that KCP has been doing that over the last 3 seasons.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
A40:
You're just yarning megedefegede. The point is stop giving LeNomad credit for any improvement with KCP if you will not give him blame for his decline as well.

I knew he was making it at a higher percentage. The page shows the percentage Captain Obvious. My point is the fewer longer 2's you take the likelier you are to be more efficient with it. Common sense!

Are you comparing the drop in longer two's to the drop in shots at the rim? What is your point exactly? Are you disputing the fact that cutting down long 2's generally improve a player's efficiency? Or that KCP has been doing that over the last 3 seasons.
He's still making a substantial amount of long twos, so whether it reduced or not is not relevant. It also tells that he is probably taking more good look and open twos rather than just taking any shot that comes his way. This is as a result of the double-teaming on Lebron which will make KCP and other teammates freer. Don't you get it? If he goes on at that rate, it will still be 49%.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
steady986:

He's still making a substantial amount of long twos, so whether it reduced or not is not relevant. It also tells that he is probably taking more good look and open twos rather than just taking any shot that comes his way. This is as a result of the double-teaming on Lebron which will make KCP and other teammates freer. Don't you get it? If he goes on at that rate, it will still be 49%.
Lmaooo are you hearing yourself at all? Someone made 37 long two's out of 80 games and you're here writing long story about LeNomad. Do you know what that computes to?

E say substantial amount. Hehehehe he's making less than .5 long two's per game so come and tell me more about how this double teaming is helping the teammates and why it's not reflecting on his 3pt shooting

Can you even prove that those two's came with LeNomad in the lineup? Chale stop wasting my time Biko
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
The fear of d warriors is d beginning of wisdom. The way OKC dey play this afternoon, dem no want 8th seed at aaaall grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Yonce(f): 12:19am On Apr 08, 2019
Apparently, Steph curry has been shooting 3s all these years with blurry vision.
He's been doing the birdbox challenge while playing in the NBA. lipsrsealed
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:24am On Apr 08, 2019
Yonce:
Apparently, Steph curry has been shooting 3s all these years with blurry vision.
Shhhh!! Don't talk too much. Or else someone will say his 3s are mostly catch and shoot and how he needs multiple screens to hit his shots.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2019
Yonce:

Since he got the contacts his been shooting 49% from 3. The dude is just unreal
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo are you hearing yourself at all? Someone made 37 long two's out of 80 games and you're here writing long story about LeNomad. Do you know what that computes to?

E say substantial amount. Hehehehe he's making less than .5 long two's per game so come and tell me more about how this double teaming is helping the teammates and why it's not reflecting on his 3pt shooting

Can you even prove that those two's came with LeNomad in the lineup? Chale stop wasting my time Biko
You're here whining about the amount, and I'm telling you he's making 49% as opposed to 35% last season. Do you think he just suddenly got better at the long twos? Even Curry that has played almost twice as many minutes as KCP has made only 64 long twos, which is less than one per game. And he's making it at 43% which is less than KCP's 49. Guy, I don tire for this your argument.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
steady986:

You're here whining about the amount, and I'm telling you he's making 49% as opposed to 35% last season. Do you think he just suddenly got better at the long twos? Even Curry that has played almost twice as many minutes as KCP has made only 64 long twos, which is less than one per game. And he's making it at 43% which is less than KCP's 49. Guy, I don tire for this your argument.
Noooooooo. the spirit of LeNomad entered his soul and suddenly he acquired the ability to make long two's. That's why he was able to make 2 last night from 3 attempts even in LeNomad's absence

What makes your point all the more laughable. You're crediting a guy that has missed 26 games for KCP's stat that rounds out at less than 0.5 makes per game. Yet the larger sample size of 3's you're disclaiming because it doesn't favor your guy. This is clowning at its peak

In other news KCP torched the Jazz last night sans LeNomad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
Yonce:
Lool you mean he was half blind the whole time?? Jesus Christ
Re: The NBA Begins by Yonce(f): 1:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
A40:
Lool you mean he was half blind the whole time?? Jesus Christ

I know right.
Shooting all those deep 3s while he was handicapped.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
Yonce:

I know right.
Shooting all those deep 3s while he was handicapped.
God help us all, If a guy with bad eyesight is making 43% despite taking 800 3's
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lmao unless I see doctors report or surgery videos not picture, adonbiliveit
A40:
God help us all, If a guy with bad eyesight is making 43% despite taking 800 3's
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2019
A40:
Noooooooo. the spirit of LeNomad entered his soul and suddenly he acquired the ability to make long two's. That's why he was able to make 2 last night from 3 attempts even in LeNomad's absence

What makes your point all the more laughable. You're crediting a guy that has missed 26 games for KCP's stat that rounds out at less than 0.5 makes per game. Yet the larger sample size of 3's you're disclaiming because it doesn't favor your guy. This is clowning at its peak

In other news KCP torched the Jazz last night sans LeNomad
Just the same way you're trying to blame Lebron for KCP's poor 3 shooting and not credit him for KCP's good long 2 shooting. If a grown man fails to make open 3s, it's not Lebron's fault. Good for him if he made 2 long twos yesterday or torched the Jazz, everybody has his day. It seams all you can do is bring out singular games and incidents to buttress your invalid points
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
After missing 18 games with a groin injury, Lebron still managed to average 27ppg even while his groin wasn't fully healed. Truly the KING.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
steady986:

Just the same way you're trying to blame Lebron for KCP's poor 3 shooting and not credit him for KCP's good long 2 shooting. If a grown man fails to make open 3s, it's not Lebron's fault. Good for him if he made 2 long twos yesterday or torched the Jazz, everybody has his day. It seams all you can do is bring out singular games and incidents to buttress your invalid points
Story. You can't even prove LeNomad is responsible for his good long 2 shooting. Merely judging by the larger sample size it's obvious LeNomad is likelier to be blamed and involved in KCP'S bad 3pt shooting (which I never did anyway, till you tried to credit LeNomad for a good game KCP had) than KCP's good long 2 shooting

I have brought out singular games and if you add those singular games up it makes my point glossier. All you have done is jumble incoherent stats that you cannot even prove LeNomad influenced. Prove LeNomad directly influenced the 39 makes from 16ft to just behind the 3pt line. I just showed you a game he attempted 3 and made 2
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
A40:
Story. You can't even prove LeNomad is responsible for his good long 2 shooting. Merely judging by the larger sample size it's obvious LeNomad is likelier to be blamed and involved in KCP'S bad 3pt shooting (which I never did anyway, till you tried to credit LeNomad for a good game KCP had) than KCP's good long 2 shooting

I have brought out singular games and if you add those singular games up it makes my point glossier. All you have done is jumble incoherent stats that you cannot even prove LeNomad influenced. Prove LeNomad directly influenced the 39 makes from 16ft to just behind the 3pt line. I just showed you a game he attempted 3 and made 2
You're funny o. You just watched one game, probably only the highlights, and you're making your conclusions. I've watched the Lakers the whole season and I'm convinced Lebron has made everyone better. Just look at JaVale for instance, who ever thought he could play this way?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
steady986:

You're funny o. You just watched one game, probably only the highlights, and you're making your conclusions. I've watched the Lakers the whole season and I'm convinced Lebron has made everyone better. Just look at JaVale for instance, who ever thought he could play this way?
Uncle, leave Javale McGee out of this. The warriors rejuvenated this guy. Not Bron, not Walton, not Lonzo.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Incle, leave Javale McGee out of this. The warriors rejuvenated this guy. Don't even try to credit Bron on this one.
Shey you can see what I've been dealing with. These LeNomad fans are insufferable. Can you believe this ninja??
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2019
steady986:

1 game? Lmaooo. Simple question we have asked you since you just dey kalolo. Show your workings.

He's made everyone better but the Lakers have been out of playoff contention since mid-March

E say Javale? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
Never knew Shannon Sharpe can be this objective. He seems to possess this trait when LeNomad is not the subject matter.

Big shame on Antonio Brown for hating on my boy JuJu Smith Schuster. You're old enough to be his uncle! Got paid and is still bitter! I was telling Roland these guys are the problem not the locker room. Shey you see now
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:13am On Apr 09, 2019
A40:
Never knew Shannon Sharpe can be this objective. He seems to possess this trait when LeNomad is not the subject matter.

Big shame on Antonio Brown for hating on my boy JuJu Smith Schuster. You're old enough to be his uncle! Got paid and is still bitter! I was telling Roland these guys are the problem not the locker room. Shey you see now

its both. big ben got tons of issues too. sharpe is always objective - when it comes to lebron, he speaks that way to counter his counterpart...cant even remember his name grin. sharpe is a serious dude, and his first fo round on TV years back didnt end well. He partly clowns to keep things funny and improve his appeal.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:21am On Apr 09, 2019
Shannon is very objective o. Unless it’s Lebron
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:22am On Apr 09, 2019
donlittle25:
Shannon is very objective o. Unless it’s Lebron

great minds think alike grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32am On Apr 09, 2019
birdman:

its both. big ben got tons of issues too. sharpe is always objective - when it comes to lebron, he speaks that way to counter his counterpart...cant even remember his name grin. sharpe is a serious dude, and his first fo round on TV years back didnt end well. He partly clowns to keep things funny and improve his appeal.
Big Ben is not perfect, but in any organization there is always a chain of command. You might be an otherworldly talent but by virtue of position alone you will not have the cache of a Quarterback. Now when that Quarterback has actually won two Superbowls and a 15 year veteran to boot, to suggest you're an equal is laughable.

I'm thankful he has left the team and looking back now we should have let him go sooner. You can never win with these types of diva receivers, never

I actually like Sharpe, even with his LeNomad fanboyism which I find mildly irritating I still prefer him to the Nick dude.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:53am On Apr 09, 2019
A40:
Big Ben is not perfect, but in any organization there is always a chain of command. You might be an otherworldly talent but by virtue of position alone you will not have the cache of a Quarterback. Now when that Quarterback has actually won two Superbowls and a 15 year veteran to boot, to suggest you're an equal is laughable.

I'm thankful he has left the team and looking back now we should have let him go sooner. You can never win with these types of diva receivers, never

I actually like Sharpe, even with his LeNomad fanboyism which I find mildly irritating I still prefer him to the Nick dude.

Nick is trying to hold a job. Sharpe is for real.

On big ben, AB is not the only person he had issues with. What of Bell, who is more level headed. The QB cannot be spreading blame for team losses, chain of command or not. Brady doesnt do it. Rogers doesnt do it. Ben has an overinflated sense of his worth - he even likes to put mouth into other players contract issues. And that is why AB, as bad as he is, had some locker room support.

This is partly the owners doing, condoning this crap and partly the coach's doing, trying to be the fun players coach. But I'm not sure the coach can do much though, we all know who writes the checks. Is Ben's contract not coming up soon? E go hear am from AB
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:56am On Apr 09, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Uncle, leave Javale McGee out of this. The warriors rejuvenated this guy. Not Bron, not Walton, not Lonzo.
Lol. The warriors. Stop abeg. Someone that averaged 9.5 minutes per game and 4.8 points per game. Let me put that into perspective for you. This is Javale's fifteenth season in the league and this is the season he has averaged his highest points per game, 12.0, and he's doing it at 23 minutes per game. You say warriors. The warriors kill centers if you don't know. Cousins is packing his bag after this season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BlueMann and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.