Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617324 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Is it just me or this D Wade thing is too much? Kilode Nah!!! How would it now be if LeBron is retiring?? Or if na LeBron do all these serenren the haters will swarm him like bees even though he deserves times 5 of this D Wade thing. Anyways, one thing I'm for is how this is all in Paul Pierce's face. I always wanted him come out like the mumu That he is since that day he said the Celtics shouldn't play Isaiah Thomas's tribute video on his Jersey night. The fans are not letting him have it easy and E sweet my belle die.

He said the jersey thing was not true. That it was ITs choice not his. You have evidence to the contrary?

Pierce was good in his time, but even then tmac was far better. Pierce unfortunately allowed himself to get baited into this rubbish controversy. Or maybe that was the plan all along...generate news undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
birdman:

He said the jersey thing was not true. That it was ITs choice not his. You have evidence to the contrary?

Pierce was good in his time, but even then tmac was far better. Pierce unfortunately allowed himself to get baited into this rubbish controversy. Or maybe that was the plan all along...generate news undecided
Paul Pierce is too great to allow himself to get baited into topics like this.

I think the Jersey thing was true though, wasn't he on the news defending his decision self?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:43pm On Apr 11, 2019
birdman:

The jersey thing was true. Dude said it on National TV.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/949032598650675200
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
SmooshCHN:
The jersey thing was true. Dude said it on National TV.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/949032598650675200

wao shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
birdman:

wao shocked shocked
stuff like that shouldn't even be a topic actually. They should never have asked him that. He is top 20 Greatest celtics of all time is he not?

Celtics organization set him up men. But, immediately something like that came up, he should have brushed it aside or even embraced IT self.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Paul Pierce get him own but for how much longer is the World going to deal with Uncle Toms like Jason Whitlock.

Do you need to be a coon to work for Fox? I know they are largely a right learning network but this nigga is like the Uncle Tom MVP. Uncle Ruckus
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Let me reiterate that I have no problems with "THE TRUTH" asking the Celtics to reschedule the tribute video of IT considering the scheduled date conflicted with his jersey going up the rafters. "THE TRUTH" owes no one any apologies for holding on to that and infact, if IT respects greatness and the TD Garden he would have no issues with the fact that the "THE TRUTH" jersey hanging should be prioritized over his tribute video.

The problem is this, players are only remembered when they are winning and everyone forgets this man started his career with the Celtics when we were really struggling. He is a good defender and his offense was class especially when you consider he was a clutch player in his time. Now, I am not going to compare him to Wade but "THE TRUTH" has earned the right to hold his own argument.

Since how many years/ seasons have the Celtics traded IT? Why is no one crying fowl that he could not even make the Nuggets post season rotation this year? I love IT so much and proud of him but we must stop this emotional blackmail of the Celtics because of his issues. He was in the league strapped on the bench with a metal strap before the Celtics took a chance on him, he got injured, played injured and spoke about getting the max and we thought differently about the situation.

"THE TRUTH" any day, anytime and any true Celtic fan who bleeds green would have no problems with that.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
Roland17:
Let me reiterate that I have no problems with "THE TRUTH" asking the Celtics to reschedule the tribute video of IT considering the scheduled date conflicted with his jersey going up the rafters. "THE TRUTH" owes no one any apologies for holding on to that and infact, if IT respects greatness and the TD Garden he would have no issues with the fact that the "THE TRUTH" jersey hanging should be prioritized over his tribute video.

The problem is this, players are only remembered when they are winning and everyone forgets this man started his career with the Celtics when we were really struggling. He is a good defender and his offense was class especially when you consider he was a clutch player in his time. Now, I am not going to compare him to Wade but "THE TRUTH" has earned the right to hold his own argument.

Since how many years/ seasons have the Celtics traded IT? Why is no one crying fowl that he could not even make the Nuggets post season rotation this year? I love IT so much and proud of him but we must stop this emotional blackmail of the Celtics because of his issues. He was in the league strapped on the bench with a metal strap before the Celtics took a chance on him, he got injured, played injured and spoke about getting the max and we thought differently about the situation.

"THE TRUTH" any day, anytime and any true Celtic fan who bleeds green would have no problems with that.

i was going to leave this alonr. buuuuuut...

This is why I respect guys like Jalen Rose, Stephen Jackson. They know they were allstars in their prime, but one level below the Kobes and TMacs. So they stay humble on TV. Pierce was an allstar on a bad team. Nothing more. Same for Reggie Miller. These guys now want to revise their career because they are now on TV angry

It was not hard to be good on those old Celtic teams...the ones with Antoine Walker and everybody bricking 3s all day grin

As far as guards, Kobe was king, Tmac was the most skilled and Pierce had a season and a half where you could mention him in the same sentence as the other two.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
GSW vs Raptors in finals dis year IMO .
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2019
Roland17:

Is there anytime you wouldn't give us a Celtics history? I appreciate it however, a 3mins video won't hurt anybody let alone a grown man and someone like Paul Pierce. He f*cked up on this IT 3mins video thing and saying he had a better career than D Wade.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Is there anytime you wouldn't give us a Celtics history? I appreciate it however, a 3mins video won't hurt anybody let alone a grown man and someone like Paul Pierce. He f*cked up on this IT 3mins video thing and saying he had a better career than D Wade.

LMAO.. You no go kill me grin

He got his video so can the world move on now?

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:05am On Apr 12, 2019
Killrhymz:

Rockets have a liru surprise for warriors. Actually its not little, but cool cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:06am On Apr 12, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 10:16am On Apr 12, 2019
Killrhymz:

Don't sleep on the Rockets and Celtic.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
donlittle25:
stuff like that shouldn't even be a topic actually. They should never have asked him that. He is top 20 Greatest celtics of all time is he not?

Celtics organization set him up men. But, immediately something like that came up, he should have brushed it aside or even embraced IT self.

Not top 5. Not top 10. Not top 15 sef. On one team o, not the whole NBA. Man you are savage grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
birdman:

Not top 5. Not top 10. Not top 15 sef. On one team o, not the whole NBA. Man you are savage grin
grin grin grin grin

when @roland17 starts giving us history of celtics back to back to back, you go don learn a lot about celtics and their history now. Their history nor be small according to roland sha so na why i carry am put for top 20 sha. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
donlittle25:
grin grin grin grin

when @roland17 starts giving us history of celtics back to back to back, you go don learn a lot about celtics and their history now. Their history nor be small according to roland sha so na why i carry am put for top 20 sha. cheesy grin

HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!! angry angry grin

"THE TRUTH" ranks top 5 Celtic of all time angry angry

My knowledge of my team gives me supreme credibility when I speak about them and na why I no dey use dem play oh.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
More celebs need to follow suit.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2019
Time to drop my picks without further Adu like Freddy

East

Bucks vs Pistons: Bucks in 5.

Raptors vs Magic: Raptors in 5.

Sixers vs Nets: Depending on Embiid's health this series might get very complicated. Nets matchup well with Sixers. I'd still say Sixers in 6

Celtics vs Pacers: Celtics in 6. Or 5! Pacers don't match up well with Boston at all

West
Warriors vs Clippers: Warriors sweep

Nuggets vs Spurs: Contrary to popular opinion and the mere fact that the Spurs best perimeter player is desperately allergic to 3's I like the Nuggets for this series. Nuggets in 6.

Blazers vs OKC. OKC in 7. Provided Westbrook doesn't go Bricko mode

Rockets vs Jazz: Rockets in 5
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
POST SEASON PICKS

Bucks v Pistons: Bucks in 6

The Bucks are flying into the playoffs, however, this series will depend more on what the Pistons bring that anything else. If Drummond and Griffin are both healthy and stay out of foul trouble, I see them stealing one home game or 2 to make this interesting. The Bucks are short at the top of the key without Brogdon and that is where players like Jackson and Ish Smith can cause some problems. The Pistons will have to force Giannis to become a perimeter offense player which is nearly impossible as he would look to dominate the paint and get Piston in foul trouble. The Pistons are streaky when they are shooting well especially with L. Kinnard and Mykhailiuk who can both go off from deep.

Raptors v Magic: Raptors in 5

The Raptors are the most balanced team in the East if you ask me. They can hurt you on both ends of the court and my goodness can they rebound the ball!! Also, they have a very deep roster in comparison to any other team in the NBA, worth more the Magic. The Magic should be content they are in the playoff but this is not a good match up for them. The only place I can see them pushing the Raptors is for pace. Both teams are not particularly fast paced teams but If they increase the tempo and force the Raptors to run more, they may sneak a good loss or one win.

Sixers v Nets: This is where an upset may likely come, else, Sixers in 7

Celtics v Pacers: Celtics in 5

WEST

Warriors v Clippers: Warriors in 4

Nuggets v Spurs: Nuggets in 6

Blazers v OKC: OKC in 7

Rockets v Jazz: Rockets in 6

Before dem go say I don type epistle on top post season preview
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
Magic Johnson is gone.
Luke Walton is gone.

Guys!!! LeGM has been activated by force.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Magic Johnson is gone.
Luke Walton is gone.

Luke' departure was inevitable, it was bound to happen.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Magic Johnson is gone.
Luke Walton is gone.

Dont think so. Whoever is running the show right now isnt asking Lebron for anything. The fact that Magic was cut just like that means the new sherriff is all business. No way Lebron lets Magic go. Not only from a bball perspective...but Magic has the business connects.

Team Lebron needs to tread carefully here.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
A40:
Time to drop my picks without further Adu like Freddy

Rockets vs Jazz: Rockets in 5

So you dry like this lipsrsealed But you picked rockets, so I forgive you.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
birdman:

Dont think so. Whoever is running the show right now isnt asking Lebron for anything. The fact that Magic was cut just like that means the new sherriff is all business. No way Lebron lets Magic go. Not only from a bball perspective...but Magic has the business connects.

It's just a joke chill grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Magic Johnson is gone.
Luke Walton is gone.

Lmaooo LeCoach Killer strikes again. Luke must be cursing the day LeNomad joined the Lakers
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 13, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo LeCoach Killer strikes again. Luke must be cursing the day LeNomad joined the Lakers

David Blatt
And when he was asked about the perception that he had a bad relationship with the “King”, Blatt implies that things are not always what they seem to be: “I just don’t think that’s true. I don’t think we had a bad relationship. In today’s world and in today’s media there’s nothing more important than a narrative. But as you all can understand the narrative is not always correct. And we can move on from that…”

Ty Lue
"If he has a problem or disagrees with you, he's going to talk to you. He's not going to make a big scene or blow up. Occasionally you see him [upset] on the bench, but ... people blow it out of proportion, like it's something crazy. ... It's just the surrounding s--t that they try to make it hard." Lue continued: "If he happens to wear a different shoestring, it's, 'What's wrong with Bron?' If he happens to wear a different wristband, 'What's wrong with Bron?' It's always a story." He said: "I mean, [he] never cussed a coach out. Never. Sometimes there will be disagreements—that's just part of the game—but he's respectful, does things the right way."

Mike Brown
“He knows the game inside and out on both ends of the floor. Luke should feel extremely lucky, blessed and fortunate, like anybody who has had a chance to coach LeBron and be able to work with him. There’s no magic in it. He’s a great guy and you coach him as you see fit. He’ll buy into anything you say. Best of luck to them both, except when they play us.”

You know what A40, you're the person i've been trying to figure out on this thread. With most of the other guys on this thread its easy, they're simpletons, i mean pure stupidity oozes out of most of the things they type and for a while i pegged you as such. I've realized now that you're not stupid at all, far from it and yet even worse. Your're a gullible Joe Bloggs. You're like most of the people that fill this paltry ball of dirt, bland, vapid, credulous, ordinary, sad. People like you are media narratives sell. What a terrible existence.

BTW, I have a bridge to sell you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 13, 2019
Trade lebron to the Suns. This organization might be even worse than the cavs. Embarrassing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:46am On Apr 13, 2019
birdman:

If Rob Palinka survives this clearout then I may be tempted to believe my subconscious that Kobe is running the show like a Mamba. His silence is not even helping me argue against my subconscious.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:09am On Apr 13, 2019
ReysonDrabek:

David Blatt
And when he was asked about the perception that he had a bad relationship with the “King”, Blatt implies that things are not always what they seem to be: “I just don’t think that’s true. I don’t think we had a bad relationship. In today’s world and in today’s media there’s nothing more important than a narrative. But as you all can understand the narrative is not always correct. And we can move on from that…”

Ty Lue
"If he has a problem or disagrees with you, he's going to talk to you. He's not going to make a big scene or blow up. Occasionally you see him [upset] on the bench, but ... people blow it out of proportion, like it's something crazy. ... It's just the surrounding s--t that they try to make it hard." Lue continued: "If he happens to wear a different shoestring, it's, 'What's wrong with Bron?' If he happens to wear a different wristband, 'What's wrong with Bron?' It's always a story." He said: "I mean, [he] never cussed a coach out. Never. Sometimes there will be disagreements—that's just part of the game—but he's respectful, does things the right way."

Mike Brown
“He knows the game inside and out on both ends of the floor. Luke should feel extremely lucky, blessed and fortunate, like anybody who has had a chance to coach LeBron and be able to work with him. There’s no magic in it. He’s a great guy and you coach him as you see fit. He’ll buy into anything you say. Best of luck to them both, except when they play us.”

You know what A40, you're the person i've been trying to figure out on this thread. With most of the other guys on this thread its easy, they're simpletons, i mean pure stupidity oozes out of most of the things they type and for a while i pegged you as such. I've realized now that you're not stupid at all, far from it and yet even worse. Your're a gullible Joe Bloggs. You're like most of the people that fill this paltry ball of dirt, bland, vapid, credulous, ordinary, sad. People like you are media narratives sell. What a terrible existence.

BTW, I have a bridge to sell you.
Stop being so emotional. Lmaooo.

What am I supposed to do with this trailer load of PC garbage you posted here? You expected them to curse him and go on some tirade? You think everyone is like Antonio Brown. Save it!! And accept that everywhere LeNomad goes there is always upheaval and anarchy in his wake.

A GM, A coach and 1 President of Basketball Ops lost their job in an absolute shitstorm of a season where a beloved Laker legend was reduced to tears and you're telling stories

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:52am On Apr 13, 2019
A40:
Stop being so emotional. Lmaooo.

What am I supposed to do with this trailer load of PC garbage you posted here? You expected them to curse him and go on some tirade? You think everyone is like Antonio Brown. Save it!! And accept that everywhere LeNomad goes there is always upheaval and anarchy in his wake.

A GM, A coach and 1 President of Basketball Ops lost their job in an absolute shitstorm of a season where a beloved Laker legend was reduced to tears and you're telling stories

With due respect to Magic. He is not equipped to run basketball operations in a NBA team. He is more like an owner type of person. A president of a NBA team has to be more hands on than he ever was. Travel to watch player in dingy gyms (at college or in Europe), watch films, read scouting reports, improve player development staff etc. All of these Magic failed to do.
how it became Lebron's fault I don't understand.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:29am On Apr 13, 2019
Khanben:

With due respect to Magic. He is not equipped to run basketball operations in a NBA team. He is more like an owner type of person. A president of a NBA team has to be more hands on than he ever was. Travel to watch player in dingy gyms (at college or in Europe), watch films, read scouting reports, improve player development staff etc. All of these Magic failed to do.
how it became Lebron's fault I don't understand.
Player development? Name one player that was developed while playing in a team assembled for LeNomad. That one is mission impossible. Everything is geared towards getting stars to play with him right now so this whole idea of scouting, development flew out the window the minute LeNomad was coming

This is not solely about Magic. There is more than enough blame to go around. Though I agree he made numerous unpardonable gaffes evaluating personnel but some of these gaffes were based on pressure and the need to get instant impact players or players that fit with LeNomad

It's about the fact that half the team was going to be traded at Midway point. Who instigated that? The uncertainty in the franchise with the coaching and the younger players from the all Star break to the trade deadline. Whose advisor set those wheels in motion? There is no way you can tell me LeBron played no role in this mess. Not hearing that. Sorry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.