Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,347 members, 7,780,932 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:46 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589670 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2019
What's up with Kristaps??

These playoffs have also shown that the midrange game is alive and well
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:25pm On May 13, 2019
If one of Dame or CJ fails to show up in any of the games, this series won't go past 4 games. However if they both do they might be able to pinch One or two(with a bit of luck) games.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 13, 2019
A40:
He took the Pacers to two Conference Finals losing to the Heatles. Don't know what went wrong in Orlando but I'm not giving Ty Lue 5 years bruh

Lue overplayed his hands. I'm not trusting a potential championship team to frank vogel. Dont trust the woman beater either but i guess the two of them together will be intriguing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 2:13pm On May 13, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Lol! Are you on the spectrum or something? Since when did inside the NBA become a debate show? Its perhaps one of the few genuine shows out there which relies on the persona and camaraderie of their hosts rather than shock value and heated debates. You actually asked why skip doesnt support shannons predictions LMAO!
Still bullshit.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:52pm On May 13, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Lue overplayed his hands. I'm not trusting a potential championship team to frank vogel. Dont trust the woman beater either but i guess the two of them together will be intriguing.

Did he really overplay his hands or was he trying to get his due? He is a championship winning coach albeit with Lebron and by offering 3 years the Lakers were tying his contract to Bron’s which he deemed disrespectful and rightfully so. Worse still, they were going to choose his coaching staff, now that is going too far and setting him up for failure already.
After failing to agree with Lue, the Lakers were boxed into a corner because they could not offer another coach a longer termed contract because it would raise a lot of dust with the fans and Bron, so they offered Vogel the same 3 years.
Make no mistake about it, people have become wary of the Lakers and how they are conducting business. I don’t know how much improvement Vogel will bring to the Lakers, maybe they should have been courageous enough to just hire Jason Kidd if you consider the work he did with a young Giannis and Middleton.
I also don’t know how secure Vogel will feel with having Kidd on the bench, knowing fully well that Kidd could usurp his position.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Lol! We the warriors are winning it all in 8. Run tell that.
Lol, we the warriors
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 13, 2019
Roland17:

Did he really overplay his hands or was he trying to get his due? He is a championship winning coach albeit with Lebron and by offering 3 years the Lakers were tying his contract to Bron’s which he deemed disrespectful and rightfully so. Worse still, they were going to choose his coaching staff, now that is going too far and setting him up for failure already.
After failing to agree with Lue, the Lakers were boxed into a corner because they could not offer another coach a longer termed contract because it would raise a lot of dust with the fans and Bron, so they offered Vogel the same 3 years.
Make no mistake about it, people have become wary of the Lakers and how they are conducting business. I don’t know how much improvement Vogel will bring to the Lakers, maybe they should have been courageous enough to just hire Jason Kidd if you consider the work he did with a young Giannis and Middleton.
I also don’t know how secure Vogel will feel with having Kidd on the bench, knowing fully well that Kidd could usurp his position.

But lue should have also realised that the only reason the Lakers approached him was his past history with LeBron. Not as if he had the reputation of being the most intuitive head coach. Not as if teams are lining up for his services. In the end his pride cost him probably the last NBA job offer he's ever going to get.

Not the exact same team but one year later look where the bucks are. Both Vogel and Kidd are journeymen. The two of them being on the bench might work really well or end up being a Trainwreck. Either way I'm all for it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 13, 2019
steady986:

Lol, we the warriors

Piece of advice based on personal experience, if you're rooting against the Warriors, hoping for some kind of miracle. You're in for a very rude awakening. Might as well embrace the inevitable.
Re: The NBA Begins by Maticja: 5:00pm On May 13, 2019
PLZ GUYS JUST HELP ME TO LIKE THIS POST ON I.G.����...I am willing to compensate you people

https://instagram.com/p/BxZXVBGh2uI/
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Piece of advice based on personal experience, if you're rooting against the Warriors, hoping for some kind of miracle. You're in for a very rude awakening. Might as well embrace the inevitable.
Naah, I strongly feel those eastern teams have a genuine chance of causing an upset. Especially Bucks.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:04pm On May 13, 2019
Roland17:

The Lakers are on a rebuilding mission and it won't be nice if they continued dishing out five-year contracts. Look how Luke turned out. What they're doing now is testing the waters sort of. I think three years is just about the right way to go. Do a good job and an extension could be on the offing. Do a shite job and you're booted out without worrying about a hefty payoff.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:11pm On May 13, 2019
steady986:

The Lakers are on a rebuilding mission and it won't be nice if they continued dishing out five-year contracts. Look how Luke turned out. What they're doing now is testing the waters sort of. I think three years is just about the right way to go. Do a good job and an extension could be on the offing. Do a shite job and you're booted out without worrying about a hefty payoff.
you have a top 50 all time player on your roster and you are rebuilding?
Could it be... Ah nevermind

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:16pm On May 13, 2019
A40:
What's up with Kristaps??

E be like say na "onigbese" una sign oh.
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 7:30pm On May 13, 2019
donlittle25:
Old man with the experience didn't think about that one. All that confidence saying Lakers are rebuilding with LeBronfucking James. Lmao
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:41pm On May 13, 2019
donlittle25:

Rebuilding with a top 10 player all time, who is still averaging 27/8/8. The Lakers front office are a joke.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:53pm On May 13, 2019
Roland17:

5 years is too much for Ty Lue. Don't forget he also had health issues if we even look past his suspect coaching. Obviously selecting his assistants was where the Lakers were taking the piss, however Ty Lue has benefited from such arrangement before so maybe he shouldn't be one to groan. You could argue his relationship with LeNomad is the only reason he's even in the picture for starters

Vogel and Kidd might not be a bad collaboration. Vogel has been to multiple conference finals and Kidd won a playoff round with Brooklyn. Lakers fans should be optimistic! That Bucks roster had a lot of deadweight that needed offloading. Greg Monroe, Thon Maker, Tony Snell etc so I won't blame it entirely on Kidd.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2019
The burst of emotions from Kawhi after buzzer beater was the highlight of that game 7 for me. Outside the weird laughter, that was the most we have seen from him as far as emotions.
Re: The NBA Begins by smoosh20: 8:58pm On May 13, 2019
Khanben:

Rebuilding with a top 10 player all time, who is still averaging 27/8/8. The Lakers front office are a joke.
They are not rebuilding. The front office is just a mess right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 13, 2019
People easily forget how dominant this guy was. The only reason theyre doubting him is because he's not in the playoffs because when he was playing it was clear no one in the world even comes close. He's in a league of his own.

Every stat you pull up this man is on top or there abouts and scary thing is he's not even done yet. His body of work is nothing short of magnificent. It's mad. The GOAT!

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:50am On May 14, 2019
First Chris Carter says nobody's going to the Lakers, because of Lebron, and now he's saying if anyone's going to the Lakers, it's because of Lebron. I'm tired of these guys.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:55am On May 14, 2019
donlittle25:
I don't know who the top 50 all time you're talking about is, maybe Rondo, but we have a top 2 all time player as well.

And you can rebuild with anything, top 50, top 1000. It's the situation the Lakers were before that makes it a rebuilding, and not anything else.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:55am On May 14, 2019
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:31pm On May 14, 2019
I wonder what stats zombies like Nick Wright will have to say about this. Daryl Morey too

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 14, 2019
The portland trailblazers are in the WCF but some people believe lebron wouldnt have carried the lakers into the playoffs if he didnt get injured. LOL!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 14, 2019
I want to be in the same room as Jason Whitlock just so i can punch that fat fvck in his throat!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 14, 2019
A40:
5 years is too much for Ty Lue. Don't forget he also had health issues if we even look past his suspect coaching. Obviously selecting his assistants was where the Lakers were taking the piss, however Ty Lue has benefited from such arrangement before so maybe he shouldn't be one to groan. You could argue his relationship with LeNomad is the only reason he's even in the picture for starters

Vogel and Kidd might not be a bad collaboration. Vogel has been to multiple conference finals and Kidd won a playoff round with Brooklyn. Lakers fans should be optimistic! That Bucks roster had a lot of deadweight that needed offloading. Greg Monroe, Thon Maker, Tony Snell etc so I won't blame it entirely on Kidd.

Racist! Too much blackness in one post. What do you have against dark skinned people?

Re: The NBA Begins by Patrick33(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2019
I love to come in here and read the comments and arguements but i've never written anything down..i must say its really nice to meet guys with Passion for BB in a football loving country..Congrats to any Raptor fan in here..great game but the bucks gonna take it in game 5 grin.. The klaw vs the greak freak is gonna be a hell of a Match up..def better than joel vs giannis if the sixers won...Now i see people got hate for bron..i don't really like the guy but to compare him with KD is kinda dumb..KD has been great this season and in the playoffs no doubt but whatever he has done now..Bron has definitely been doing it..weather he would've taken the lakers to the playoffs if he was fit or not...doesn't mean he isn't great..he definitely is top 3 after MJ and mamba...Just give credit where its due..bron is great,KD is great but ill definitely pick bron over KD anytime..i mean one is playing with 4 other all stars...he is having a great season but for me.i repeat for me the best players in the regular season and in this playoff is Giannis and kawhi then KD comes in third..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 14, 2019
Patrick33:
I love to come in here and read the comments and arguements but i've never written anything down..i must say its really nice to meet guys with Passion for BB in a football loving country..Congrats to any Raptor fan in here..great game but the bucks gonna take it in game 5 grin.. The klaw vs the greak freak is gonna be a hell of a Match up..def better than joel vs giannis if the sixers won...Now i see people got hate for bron..i don't really like the guy but to compare him with KD is kinda dumb..KD has been great this season and in the playoffs no doubt but whatever he has done now..Bron has definitely been doing it..weather he would've taken the lakers to the playoffs if he was fit or not...doesn't mean he isn't great..he definitely is top 3 after MJ and mamba...Just give credit where its due..bron is great,KD is great but ill definitely pick bron over KD anytime..i mean one is playing with 4 other all stars...he is having a great season but for me.i repeat for me the best players in the regular season and in this playoff is Giannis and kawhi then KD comes in third..

Was indifferent to what you were saying until I saw that. Congrats, you just earned your clown license on your first post.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 14, 2019
Anybody who thinks that Kobe Bryant is better than LeBron James is a bona fide clown. Bald DeRozan I can forgive, you lot have been brainwashed, but Kobe? LMAO! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Patrick33(m): 2:41pm On May 14, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Was indifferent to what you were saying until I saw that. Congrats, you just earned your clown license on your first post.
Wow...thanks

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 14, 2019
Patrick33:
Wow...thanks

You're welcome, baskets. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.