Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611667 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1227) (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:27am On May 31, 2019
Eruditor:

Guy forget Drake. This game was poorly reffed. I think the team pretty much accepted it after the Klay tech.

The only good thing is, unlike the Rockets, the Raptors players were not actively fishing for calls. Refs were just giving them at "key moments".

12 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:33am On May 31, 2019
benji93:
Ofcourse they won't talk about it. It would be Curry couldn't get it done.

Yea bro.

No fears. We got this though. They had a couple hail mary shots that went in and Siakam and Gasol won't be this good again. Only issue is, will Kawhi be this quiet again?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:39am On May 31, 2019
They are puttting unnecessary pressure on the guy. It's like "you can only go to heaven, ifyou get the FMVP"
Eruditor:

Yea bro.

No fears. We got this though. They had a couple hail mary shots that went in and Siakam and Gasol won't be this good again. Only issue is, will Kawhi be this quiet again?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:41am On May 31, 2019
benji93:

They are puttting unnecessary pressure on the guy. It's like if he does not win FMVP, he wont make heaven

Shebi Every pundit has said he is the best player in the league. We looked scared to guard him because the refs were fishing for calls for him. He would miss a layup with no one on him and they will get a call. Yet Van Vleet was holding Curry at will.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:45am On May 31, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I wonder why you waste your time doing this when I will always call out BS. LOL.

I am going to always call it out.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:47am On May 31, 2019
Let's see how it goes in the 2nd game
Eruditor:

Shebi Every pundit has said he is the best player in the league. We looked scared to guard him because the refs were fishing for calls for him. He would miss a layup with no one on him and they will get a call. Yet Van Vleet was holding Curry at will.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:50am On May 31, 2019
benji93:
Let's see how it goes in the 2nd game

I won't be too worried though. Except the ref ball is glaring again, we should take game 2. When the lead was down to 4 in the 7th min of the 4th Q, Draymond's layup should have been a goal tend but they called it a block. Then in quick succession they gave Curry 2 fouls, gave Klay 1, gave him a tech and put us in the bonus. Siakam then shuffled to pass the ball to the corner for D Green who hit that 3 and basically sealed the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:52am On May 31, 2019
The real game to watch is game 2. If the Warriors take game 2, be prepared for a gentleman's sweep. If otherwise, raptors might take in 6 or 7.

The real decider is game 2

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 8:09am On May 31, 2019
LoJ:
The real game to watch is game 2. If the Warriors take game 2, be prepared for a gentleman's sweep. If otherwise, raptors might take in 6 or 7.

The real decider is game 2

You think Raptors can't win a game at the oracle?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:30am On May 31, 2019
The one fear for GSW is that they have looked vulnerable at times at Oracle this season. If the Raptors nick just one games there then it at the very least gets to 6 games
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:56am On May 31, 2019
Manutd19:

You think Raptors can't win a game at the oracle?
It's too early to predict that. After a long break GSW lacked rhythm and tempo. It is also not sure that the raptors can reproduce the performance. Game 2 will tell it all
Re: The NBA Begins by Jaqenhghar: 9:17am On May 31, 2019
KarnThornheart:
Serious question here. Why is it that every re.tarded lakers fan looks like this? If it's not a Chicano or a sand nigger it's a curry munching sprag called Ranjit. I hate this franchise and I hate their fans.
.[img]https://media1./images/98593d4ebf4f06be40968c9f97345e0d/tenor.gif?itemid=5683504[/img]
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:14am On May 31, 2019
Roland17:
During the 1st quarter, the Warriors started out playing a high tempo offense but deep into the 2nd they just lost gas and could not maintain that high tempo especially in transition and to me, this has to do with the rust. This is a very experienced team and I expect Kerr to make some adjustments but they can not lose game 2 for any reason.
Lol, I like how y'all are really using this 9 days as an excuse, like it was 9 weeks or something. You guys are running out of catchphrases grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:50am On May 31, 2019
Seems Swaggy P will survive the rapture.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 31, 2019
A40 did you catch the Yoel news? Seems Israel just dodged a major bullet. Red panty night at the Romero household!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 31, 2019
steady986:

Lol, I like how y'all are really using this 9 days as an excuse, like it was 9 weeks or something. You guys are running out of catchphrases grin
Baba calm Down its only one game. Remember Milwaukee
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:44pm On May 31, 2019
We need one of KD and DDemarcus, Pascal seemed to haven no job to do on the defensive end
Eruditor:

I won't be too worried though. Except the ref ball is glaring again, we should take game 2. When the lead was down to 4 in the 7th min of the 4th Q, Draymond's layup should have been a goal tend but they called it a block. Then in quick succession they gave Curry 2 fouls, gave Klay 1, gave him a tech and put us in the bonus. Siakam then shuffled to pass the ball to the corner for D Green who hit that 3 and basically sealed the game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:57pm On May 31, 2019
Eruditor:

have you noticed that every time you lose in this playoffs, you blame the refs. warriors fans, una try o

10 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:11pm On May 31, 2019
birdman:

have you noticed that every time you lose in this playoffs, you blame the refs. warriors fans, una try o

LOL. Like I did not see you and the rest of the NBA rant about Refs in the rockets series (game 1)?

I'm sorry it is hard to see the rust and lack of rhythm every pseudo analyst wants to talk about when the game is being stopped by ticky tacky fouls at every point in time for the more physical team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:19pm On May 31, 2019
benji93:
We need one of KD and DDemarcus, Pascal seemed to haven no job to do on the defensive end

Demarcus won't be of much help in this series. He is awful on the pick and roll D and they kept exposing him in his short mins on the court. On the other end, Lowry or whoever will just flop around him and they will get the whistle.

Pascal's game was a fluke just like Myers Leonard's of the Blazers. I am not saying he cannot play but he will not be that efficient neither will he make some of those circus shots he made. Gasol won't be that efficient as well especially if PnRs put him in foul trouble early on.

2 things are key, the other players cannot consistently miss wide open 3s when Curry is being doubled. Draymond missed like 6 yesterday. Iggy missed a few himself. Another thing is, GSW might have to resort to PnRs early just to fight off the doubles that Raptors were throwing at Curry. Some of the transition D they were playing by jogging back was annoying and Shaun Livingston needs to only be in the line up to capitalize on smaller guards like Vleet or Lowry. Other wise he is useless.

But that still won't matter if the Refs call the game the way they did yesterday. If you can, watch the game at any point where Warriors could cut the deficit to 2 or 1. They either hit a big lucky shot (McCaw, Van Vleet, Siakam) or they got head-scratching foul calls after a miss. Those are momentum killers.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2019
Eruditor:

Guy forget Drake. This game was poorly reffed. I think the team pretty much accepted it after the Klay tech.

The only good thing is, unlike the Rockets, the Raptors players were not actively fishing for calls. Refs were just giving them at "key moments".

Dude, I begged you to get your own TV show or something grin Please, let that ref complaining poo end with the conference finals. This is the Finals man, you wouldn't want to remember it as one where the refs helped your team get swept, you should remember it as the Finals that categorically marked the end of the GS dynasty.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:01pm On May 31, 2019
LoJ:

Baba calm Down its only one game. Remember Milwaukee
I remember Milwaukee, and I also remember Cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2019
Eruditor:

Nigger, chill!

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 31, 2019
Like I said game 2 will tell the whole story.

Whoever wins game 2, save the KD factor will likely win the series.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge10(m): 4:03pm On May 31, 2019
D’Antoni break off contract extension talk with Rockets l...Interesting
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:15pm On May 31, 2019
steady986:

Dude, I begged you to get your own TV show or something grin Please, let that ref complaining poo end with the conference finals. This is the Finals man, you wouldn't want to remember it as one where the refs helped your team get swept, you should remember it as the Finals that categorically marked the end of the GS dynasty.

It is not complaining if it is affecting the game. It affected the game. Like I said before, this is not meant to be an affront on the Raptors. It is directed at the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 31, 2019
ipledge10:
D’Antoni break off contract extension talk with Rockets l...Interesting
They can still renew it next year, though very unlikely. That guy is a good coach no doubt but not a great coach. However I don't understand those that want the rockets to get Ty Lue instead. Ty Lue?!
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:00pm On May 31, 2019
The guy is a great coach. I have him in my top 20 all time NBA coaches. He has always been unlucky though, man has always faced some juggernaut in his career.
LoJ:

They can still renew it next year, though very unlikely. That guy is a good coach no doubt but not a great coach. However I don't understand those that want the rockets to get Ty Lue instead. Ty Lue?!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:47pm On May 31, 2019
donlittle25:
The guy is a great coach. I have him in my top 20 all time NBA coaches. He has always been unlucky though, man has always faced some juggernaut in his career.

He's a great coach no doubt but peeps (including me) have questioned his ability to tweak his style to adjust rather than sticking to one style of play wether lose or win.... I mean before any match, you already know what to expect from his team in terms of style of play..His tactics do not change.
Re: The NBA Begins by mannatech: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2019
Drake is a bona-fide clown.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 01, 2019
A40:
Lmaooo Fury ducking Wilder rematch and now Dilian Whyte. All he does is talk shyte about AJ. Sick of this dosser!

As expected, fury wilder 2020. This fool is about to get knocked spark out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1227) (1228) (1229) (1230) (1231) (1232) (1233) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.