Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616541 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1254) (1255) (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

Lol. I think we should put you on suicide watch, because your disappointment would be so immense. grin

What is funny is, you are the one nervous, confused, butthurt etc. I am the guy who said since Saturday morning that there will be a game 7 and GSW won. When some of you here were saying Raptors in 5.

You are actually supposed to shut up now. Game 5 is done and there is a game 6.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

If you mean the upstair of the Warriors organization, then you're absolutely right.

Will you tell me that this current Achilles injury is not as a result of the so called calf injury he sustained?

So when Kobe popped his Achilles was it as a result of a calf injury? When Cousins popped his was it as a result of a calf injury?

Your anger is that GSW won the game. Has nothing to do with starting KD or not. If he did not get hurt and we lost you would have had a field day.

Did Klay not rush back after he supposedly pulled a hammy? How come he has not pulled one again? Looney that they said was out of the finals has come back and played good minutes. Is it not the same medical team that cleared him?

Keep celebrating someone's misfortune. This week has surprises for some of you. You heard it here first.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

So when Kobe popped his Achilles was it as a result of a calf injury? When Cousins popped his was it as a result of a calf injury?

Your anger is that GSW won the game. Has nothing to do with starting KD or not. If he did not get hurt and we lost you would have had a field day.

Did Klay not rush back after he supposedly pulled a hammy? How come he has not pulled one again? Looney that they said was out of the finals has come back and played good minutes. Is it not the same medical team that cleared him?

Keep celebrating someone's misfortune. This week has surprises for some of you. You heard it here first.
Lol. Did you see how low the ice pack was on KD's leg a couple of days ago. It is possible that the injury was at the calf/Achilles junction and they called it a calf, probably out of ignorance or sheer lack of expertise.

Did you hear when the GM claimed responsibility for the Achilles injury? Why would he claim responsibility for an injury that just happened?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

What is funny is, you are the one nervous, confused, butthurt etc. I am the guy who said since Saturday morning that there will be a game 7 and GSW won. When some of you here were saying Raptors in 5.

You are actually supposed to shut up now. Game 5 is done and there is a game 6.
Lol, the thing is I had/have the luxury of saying Raptors in 5, 6 or 7. But what do you have?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

Lol. Did you see how low the ice pack was on KD's leg a couple of days ago. It is possible that the injury was at the calf/Achilles junction and they called it a calf, probably out of ignorance or sheer lack of expertise.

Did you hear when the GM claimed responsibility for the Achilles injury? Why would he claim responsibility for an injury that just happened?

Let me share a little hack for you; sometimes before posting, just Google what you are about to say. Google can make an ignoramus sound learned most times if used well.

So someone can simply wrap ice around an achilles and play? LOL. And it was you who knew but medical staff of experts, KD himself who not only trained but was seen dunking and dancing before the game and the GM Bob Myers had no clue.

Okay. LOL
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

Lol, the thing is I had/have the luxury of saying Raptors in 5, 6 or 7. But what do you have?

First this is actually dumb I'm sorry.

Second this is dumb again.

Third, you know the rest.

Luxury when you are wrong and do not even support the Raptors. Simply hating on GSW.

grin

Anyways, like I said before. Game 7 would be very interesting but the team you did not want to win, won.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Let me share a little hack for you; sometimes before posting, just Google what you are about to say. Google can make an ignoramus sound learned most times if used well.

So someone can simply wrap ice around an achilles and play? LOL. And it was you who knew but medical staff of experts, KD himself who not only trained but was seen dunking and dancing before the game and the GM Bob Myers had no clue.

Okay. LOL
Sometimes you should read a post properly before you react to it. I said the ice pack was on his leg days before he played, as part of the therapy or whatever.

Again, why should Bob Myers take responsibility for a player's injury?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

First this is actually dumb I'm sorry.

Second this is dumb again.

Third, you know the rest.

Luxury when you are wrong and do not even support the Raptors. Simply hating on GSW.

grin

Anyways, like I said before. Game 7 would be very interesting but the team you did not want to win, won.

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

Sometimes you should read a post properly before you react to it. I said the ice pack was on his leg days before he played, as part of the therapy or whatever.

Again, why should Bob Myers take responsibility for a player's injury?

The icepack was also on his leg after he was taken off before he got hurt.

Bob Myers has to take responsibility because that is what a good leader does. He had the final right to allow KD play or not. But KD clearly wanted to play. The Doctors said the calf injury could not worsen. KD trained and felt good. So the Warriors allowed him play.

When Kawhi felt SAS did not have his back he refused to play..exaggerated his injury and asked to be traded. So nobody forced KD to play
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
A40

LMAO You lot really thought Wilder couldnt do without flex didnt you? This is only the start, mark me, by next year he will be making mayweather money and will top this list. Dont play with Al Haymon.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
Literally a few months ago the UFC LHW division was weak, now:

Thiago Santos is next. His right hand is a hammer that just needs the slightest contact to do damage.

Dominick Reyes may have lost his last fight to volkan in the eyes of many but hes still an undefeated solid up and comer.

Corey Anderson has been banging war drums for a while and has put together a solid run. Real hatred for the LHW kingpin too.

Johnny Walker, the most exciting and explosive new comer by a mile. Many believe he may be "the one".

Anthony smith may have just lost his title shot but hes bounced back in devastating fashion and seems to have retired the mauler.

Alexander Rakic announced himself in the division a couple of weeks ago after brutally knocking out and retiring Jimi Manuwa with a wicked kick.

Khalil Rountree looks intriguing with his new found muay thai skills. One to watch.

Luke rockhold, former middleweight champ and one of the most well rounded fighters in the game whose only hindrance is his glass jaw. Maybe that will improve since he doesnt have to drain himself anymore by cutting weight now that hes moved up to 205. He may be an arse hole but his ground game and kicks will present a challenge for anyone in the division.

And now chris weidman, the "slayer" of Anderson Silva and another former middleweight champ, also claiming lack of weight cut will rejuvenate him.

Suffice it so say the division is stacked once again. Jon Jones will have his hands full but make no mistake, they are all sheep to the slaughter. Only Jon Jones can beat Jon Jones.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Bob Myers has to take responsibility because that is what a good leader does. He had the final right to allow KD play or not. But KD clearly wanted to play. The Doctors said the calf injury could not worsen. KD trained and felt good. So the Warriors allowed him play.

When Kawhi felt SAS did not have his back he refused to play..exaggerated his injury and asked to be traded. So nobody forced KD to play
Lol. I thought you said they are two different and separate injuries? So why should he take responsibility for an entirely different injury?

You're just buttressing my point.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

Lol. I thought you said they are two different and separate injuries? So why should he take responsibility for an entirely different injury?

You're just buttressing my point.

Comprehension.

Even if KD broke his hand, Myers would have said the same thing because he was asked who approved of KD playing.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

Comprehension.

Even if KD broke his hand, Myers would have said the same thing because he was asked who approved of KD playing.
You're not making sense o. So if you recovered from a leg injury, and then you get a hand injury on your return, your manager or GM have to say they are sorry for letting you play?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
steady986:

You're not making sense o. So if you recovered from a leg injury, and then you get a hand injury on your return, your manager or GM have to say they are sorry for letting you play?

See why I said comprehension?

They asked him whose decision it was to let KD play. He detailed how doctor's cleared him, KD wanted in and how Kerr approved but that the final buck stops at his table so they can put the blame on him.

If a recently recovering player gets another injury people will always ask, why did he start? Was he ready? etc etc

They did so game 4 for Klay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
Eruditor:

See why I said comprehension?

They asked him whose decision it was to let KD play. He detailed how doctor's cleared him, KD wanted in and how Kerr approved but that the final buck stops at his table so they can put the blame on him.

If a recently recovering player gets another injury people will always ask, why did he start? Was he ready? etc etc

They did so game 4 for Klay.

steady986:

You two will make a great sitcom.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:

First of all you have no idea when I entered this forum okay? You may know when I entered this thread but I had been fighting an online jihad on this forum long before then.

Secondly, how can there be girls on nairaland when girls are too busy in the kitchen?
Oya tell us when you entered this forum akobi Shekau

Secondly I hope the latter part of your post isn't how you reason in person. I would assume that was a joke else you have plenty unlearning to do
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
KarnThornheart:
A40

LMAO You lot really thought Wilder couldnt do without flex didnt you? This is only the start, mark me, by next year he will be making mayweather money and will top this list. Dont play with Al Haymon.
I'm sure close to half that money came from the Fury fight. He would have made a whole lot more and maybe be the one with the belts if he believed in himself a little more and accepted AJ's terms. His road to Undisputed is a much longer one now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Ewuro4:

I’m fine bud. I needed a time out then. This place is packed!

You were at Jurassic park? Anyway it is actually easier to close out a series on the road than at home.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 12, 2019
A40:
Oya tell us when you entered this forum akobi Shekau

Secondly I hope the latter part of your post isn't how you reason in person. I would assume that was a joke else you have plenty unlearning to do

What the hell is wrong with you you close minded bigot? Granted i may have over 10,000 family members across every sahelian country so do i have terrorist links? probably! Does that make me a terrorist? probably not. The fact that you jumped to that conclusion says a lot about the sort of person you are. You belong in the 14th century.

And what about the second part of what i said would even make you think i was joking?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:
Literally a few months ago the UFC LHW division was weak, now:

Thiago Santos is next. His right hand is a hammer that just needs the slightest contact to do damage.

Dominick Reyes may have lost his last fight to volkan in the eyes of many but hes still an undefeated solid up and comer.

Corey Anderson has been banging war drums for a while and has put together a solid run. Real hatred for the LHW kingpin too.

Johnny Walker, the most exciting and explosive new comer by a mile. Many believe he may be "the one".

Anthony smith may have just lost his title shot but hes bounced back in devastating fashion and seems to have retired the mauler.

Alexander Rakic announced himself in the division a couple of weeks ago after brutally knocking out and retiring Jimi Manuwa with a wicked kick.

Khalil Rountree looks intriguing with his new found muay thai skills. One to watch.

Luke rockhold, former middleweight champ and one of the most well rounded fighters in the game whose only hindrance is his glass jaw. Maybe that will improve since he doesnt have to drain himself anymore by cutting weight now that hes moved up to 205. He may be an arse hole but his ground game and kicks will present a challenge for anyone in the division.

And now chris weidman, the "slayer" of Anderson Silva and another former middleweight champ, also claiming lack of weight cut will rejuvenate him.

Suffice it so say the division is stacked once again. Jon Jones will have his hands full but make no mistake, they are all sheep to the slaughter. Only Jon Jones can beat Jon Jones.

The only guys with a prayer was Lionheart and now Thiago Santos. The rest are getting clapped. I hope Bones moves to the heavies. The margin for error is slimmer there than at LHW
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 12, 2019
A40:
I'm sure close to half that money came from the Fury fight. He would have made a whole lot more and maybe be the one with the belts if he believed in himself a little more and accepted AJ's terms. His road to Undisputed is a much longer one now

He made 15m to fight breazeale. If he had signed with dazn he wouldnt be able to fight fury and now ruiz who has the belts. Its better to remain flexible where he is. As a matter of fact if the fat guy goes and slaps flex silly again his path to undisputed is a lot easier. But i guess thats why flex is running back to the UK so UKAD can give him all the exemptions he wants to dope as much as he wants. He cant do that with VADA in the US. Probably why he was so afraid to fly over in the first place and thats why he got exposed the juice head.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2019
A40:
The only guys with a prayer was Lionheart and now Thiago Santos. The rest are getting clapped. I hope Bones moves to the heavies. The margin for error is slimmer there than at LHW

I'd like to see more from walker especially his ground game but the man just keeps knocking people spark out in the first round. From what i've seen so far he has the most potential among all these guys. He's definitely the one i'm most intrigued about. Very nice dude too.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23am On Jun 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

What the hell is wrong with you you close minded bigot? Granted i may have over 10,000 family members across every sahelian country so do i have terrorist links? probably! Does that make me a terrorist? probably not. The fact that you jumped to that conclusion says a lot about the sort of person you are. You belong in the 14th century.

And what about the second part of what i said would even make you think i was joking?
Stop being deliberately obtuse. If I believed you had terrorist links I would not interact with you at all. There isn't a part of hell hot enough for them

Secondly if you were not joking then the joke is clearly on you obviously and you're the one that needs to come back from the 14th century because when we look at the countries of the world and regions of Nigeria as a whole that are the most backwards and in shambles the common denominator is the dudes have the same mentality on women that you seem to have.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:28am On Jun 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

He made 15m to fight breazeale. If he had signed with dazn he wouldnt be able to fight fury and now ruiz who has the belts. Its better to remain flexible where he is. As a matter of fact if the fat guy goes and slaps flex silly again his path to undisputed is a lot easier. But i guess thats why flex is running back to the UK so UKAD can give him all the exemptions he wants to dope as much as he wants. He cant do that with VADA in the US. Probably why he was so afraid to fly over in the first place and thats why he got exposed the juice head.
Fury has no belts. Neither did Breazeale. Did he want to be Undisputed or just to keep pissing in the wind. He has two of the most dangerous fights lying in wait for him. Bridges he had supposedly crossed.Now even if he beats both guys he would not have made as much money fighting these guys combined compared to fighting AJ just once.

What are you even saying? Isn't it AJ's opponent that was caught doping in the same America? How do you keep pulling this B.S out of your rectum ad nauseum
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 12, 2019
A40:
Stop being deliberately obtuse. If I believed you had terrorist links I would not interact with you at all. There isn't a part of hell hot enough for them

Secondly if you were not joking then the joke is clearly on you obviously and you're the one that needs to come back from the 14th century because when we look at the countries of the world and regions of Nigeria as a whole that are the most backwards and in shambles the common denominator is the dudes have the same mentality on women that you seem to have.

So what the hell did you mean by what you said comparing me to that heathen?

You know sensitive feminazis like you are the true enemies of women. And if you are referring to the north as backward are we going to pretend as if the north wasn't the most advanced region in subsaharan Africa before the Brits came and screwed us over? Be honest with yourself, the common denominator with backwardness in this world is well... Nignogs!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:35am On Jun 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

I'd like to see more from walker especially his ground game but the man just keeps knocking people spark out in the first round. From what i've seen so far he has the most potential among all these guys. He's definitely the one i'm most intrigued about. Very nice dude too.
I'm still iffy on the caliber of guys Walker has faced. More scared of Santos, the way he put down Smith and especially Manuwa still makes me shudder
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2019
A40:
Fury has no belts. Neither did Breazeale. Did he want to be Undisputed or just to keep pissing in the wind. He has two of the most dangerous fights lying in wait for him. Bridges he had supposedly crossed.Now even if he beats both guys he would not have made as much money fighting these guys combined compared to fighting AJ just once.

What are you even saying? Isn't it AJ's opponent that was caught doping in the same America? How do you keep pulling this B.S out of your rectum ad nauseum

Well what if he signed with dazn now that Popeye has gone and lost his title? He'd be stuck! So if being undisputed and not money is the goal it's actually best for him this way.

LMAO keep defending your fellow jester. Miller may be a dick head himself but what he was saying about flex mentallo wasn't entirely false. People have been speculating for a while and this just proves it. Man ran into vada and turned into Samuel Peter. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53am On Jun 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

So what the hell did you mean by what you said comparing me to that heathen?

You know sensitive feminazis like you are the true enemies of women. And if you are referring to the north as backward are we going to pretend as if the north wasn't the most advanced region in subsaharan Africa before the Brits came and screwed us over? Be honest with yourself, the common denominator with backwardness in this world is well... Nignogs!
When you call yourself an online Jihadi and I see you exhibiting some weird tendencies then the comparisons will come. It is good you distance yourself from degenerates like that. We are making progress

I don't have a sensitive bone in my body. And if you knew me at all you would know my tolerance for Feminazi and misandrist behavior is nil because I know first hand they are bad for your health. However when you say stupid shyte like what you alluded to above, you kinda understand why they are so mad

You might have been forward then but you're backward now because clearly a lot of you didn't evolve and move with the times. Imagine in 2019 someone can confidently type a woman's place being in the kitchen.

The Brits screwed you over? You must be having a laugh! Your part of the country has produced the most leaders, you have the most arable land but thanks to this nonsense mentality and a culture that has enabled nonces and general maltreatment of women the Northern part of the country is behind on Education, Health and every other indices that determine the quality of life of any people. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00am On Jun 12, 2019
KarnThornheart:

Well what if he signed with dazn now that Popeye has gone and lost his title? He'd be stuck! So if being undisputed and not money is the goal it's actually best for him this way.

LMAO keep defending your fellow jester. Miller may be a dick head himself but what he was saying about flex mentallo wasn't entirely false. People have been speculating for a while and this just proves it. Man ran into vada and turned into Samuel Peter. cheesy
What is this cat talking about? AJ has one more fight on DAZN after which would require a renewal. Stop making it sound like these guys are signing away their destinies or some weird shyte like that. Wilder has just himself to blame here, the Ruiz/Miller debacle does not happen if he didn't negotiate himself out of their first fight. We would right now be looking at a Wilder-AJ trilogy potentially or at least a two fight deal

Whatever your point is one was caught on the dope and one wasn't. And if the issue with AJ is his chin then I don't know what steroids you can use that makes you possess a tougher chin. I don't believe anyone watches that fight and suggests AJ lost because of his inability to dope. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:14am On Jun 12, 2019
Eruditor:

i slept on this. And I thought about it again. Nah, lets talk true...what GS did here was evil. And as I have been checking other athletes comments, everyone is saying the same thing.

If they knew KD was going to be a warrior next season, they would not have let him play.

Whatever class and goodwill warriors management had is gone with this move. Crying on stage cant absolve the Machiavellian move they made here.

I fault Durant for being too trusting, too eager. But warriors did a number on this guy.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1254) (1255) (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.