Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1614744 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
Rockholds kicks are something else. But it seems his chin issues remain at LHW. Great fight so far.

Called it. Rockhold is out cold! If I was a betting man I would have bet on Jan to win and made a whole lot of money, I have no idea what the bookies were thinking making Luke the favorite, I get hes a former champ at middleweight but his chin is worse than Amir khans and Yoel literally molested him sexually in the octagon. This is new waters for him too LHW. He's not even showing any form of sportsmanship the arrogant b-tch. Go focus on modelling now!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 07, 2019
The second man on my get knocked spark out list, Ben Askren! Everything about him annoys me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:09am On Jul 07, 2019
AD to the lakers is official. Let's get it!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
The second man on my get knocked spark out list, Ben Askren! Everything about him annoys me.

OMFG Askren out cold in seconds. LMAO! Fastest KO in UFC history. Another arrogant prick bites the dust. Another fight I would have made money betting on. Askren was an elite wrestler, that's it! May have worked in One FC but this is the UFC. You were handed a win vs Lawler and now you just got exposed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:20am On Jul 07, 2019
Askren still out and struggling to regain consciousness. I despise him but I don't want him to die. Hopefully he's alright. But masvidal did tell you he was going to kill you though. Craziest KO I have ever seen. That flying knee was dooope!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 07, 2019
Okay God. I know I'm riding my luck here, I know this may be too much of a reach but can you please have Holly Holm knock out that dyke? Please!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
Okay God. I know I'm riding my luck here, I know this may be too much of a reach but can you please have Holly Holm knock out that dyke? Please!!!

Sh.it! I knew I was riding my luck. Don't like the Dyke but I have to admit... That was dope.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 07, 2019
I think the GOAT in women's MMA is even clearer than that of men's MMA. There is no doubt, there is no argument, Amanda Nunes is the greatest.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 07, 2019
Fighters go through months of training camp and some fights don't last a round, some don't last a minute, some don't last 10 seconds. That must be mentally taxing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 07, 2019
And now for the main event. The GOAT man himself, let's get it bones.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 07, 2019
Kicks to the legs/calves showing potential flaws in Jon Jones' game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 07, 2019
Santos' left knee seems hurt. And his cardio man those muscles. He looks to be running out of gas going into the third. I sense a takedown in the championship rounds by Jones to finish this.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 07, 2019
Very very close but Jones has the edge. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he lost.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 07, 2019
And still!

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
And still!
guy you no dey sleep?
WC regular season power
rankings.
Denver Nuggets
LA Clippers
Utah jazz
LA lakers
Portland Trailblazers
Houston Rockets
Golden State
Spurs
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
And still!

Dude!! You said you're new here but I got to ask.

You made the last 20 posts of which some have you replying yourself. We know about your switching identities but 20 posts in a row? Really? Damn!!
Is everything okay? You good?
I'm just worried for you man.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:57am On Jul 07, 2019
We signed Alex Caruso. That's it...crown us champions now. cool
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
Steady986 Your man caruso is back and he got a good contract too. People want him to start because he can obviously shoot and is a better defender than our other options. I like cook as the starter and Rondo leading the second string. And theres the Kuzma dilemma since AD hates playing center. What would be your ideal starting 5?

I like Caruso, that guy is a tough guy. He looks like an Italian mafia. Whether he starts or not, he's a good addition to the squad. I think he should be involved more in crunch moments, whether defending or attacking... He can shoot threes, drive to the basket, he can rebound and is our best defensive point guard. The good thing is he can play the 2 too.

But I'd love our starting five to be:

Rondo
Green
Bron
Kuz
Davis

Davis won't play the 5 all game, so he should just relax. There'll be several combinations and I'm sure the staff will be looking to work them out.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:11am On Jul 07, 2019
Hardetayour:
How many minutes would they be giving u all game. Cook shoots less than 3 3s a game.

Volume also matters bruh. Klay is a career 40% 3pts shooter. Does that mean those 3 are better?
What it means is that these guys can shoot threes. They may be low volume shooters but it's only because they play few minutes. And we have four of them at 40% or higher. If one is not on the court then another will be.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:37am On Jul 07, 2019
The spot light will be on LA this coming season. I just hopes both teams bring it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:
Very very close but Jones has the edge. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he lost.
Your boy Jones was very very lucky last night because that split decision could have gone anywhere. I will not count Santos slip as a knock down because it was a clear slip, even Jones was shocked to see him go to the ground. We all underestimate Santos and he gave Jones a very good fight that could have been his victory if he capitalized early.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
steady986:
We signed Alex Caruso. That's it...crown us champions now. cool
Lol Trade Champions. That's the only thing LeBum collects this season
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2019
steady986:

What it means is that these guys can shoot threes. They may be low volume shooters but it's only because they play few minutes. And we have four of them at 40% or higher. If one is not on the court then another will be.
Loool. Cook that sees the 3 ball and still pass? Leeemmaaaooo.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hardetayour:
Loool. Cook that sees the 3 ball and still pass? Leeemmaaaooo.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2019
Roland17:

Your boy Jones was very very lucky last night because that split decision could have gone anywhere. I will not count Santos slip as a knock down because it was a clear slip, even Jones was shocked to see him go to the ground. We all underestimate Santos and he gave Jones a very good fight that could have been his victory if he capitalized early.

It was close fight that was hard to score but jones won in my eyes. There are two rounds where the winner is clear the 3 and 4 and both belonged to jones. Natural that the people who dont like him will give all the others to Santos even though jones won at least one if not two of these rounds. I'm sure many didnt think it was close until the commentator said it was and joe rogan said it was possibly 2-2 in the 5th. Apart from the slip jones hit him with an elbow that sent him down. Santos threw a lot of hay makers that got oohs and aahs from the crowd but the man was punching air most of the time. Jones controlled the fight all through, pushed forward, threw fewer shots and landed more, a very mayweather-esque performance from him for tow reasons IMO. One the amount of KOs in the earlier fights many against the favorite and one against his teammate holly holm got to him so he decided to play it safe. Two, notice how he shot for one only takedown contrary to what people expected and this is for one of two reasons, jones likes to beat a person at his own game, like taking down and out wresting DC multiple times, maybe he wanted to leave the fight on feet to prove a point. And i think that people talk about santos leg but jones did a good job of hiding the fact that his leg was hurt as well, he had to be carried out by his coach and brother after the fight, entered the presser with a wheelchair and this is another thing that can explain why he didnt take it to the ground.

Santos said hed shock the world and he did, not only by going the distance but stealing a scorecard from jones, something no one has ever done with basically one leg. I know dana said the fight wasnt close and that anyone who scored it for santos was an idiot but i think for the single fact that santos had one leg they should run it back, jones should also want to put it beyond any manner of doubt like he did his first fight with Gus.

The fight game has so many controversies and i admit there is corruption especially in boxing but many allow their feelings to sway how they saw a fight especially when its close and especially against someone who is as hated and as invincible as jones. If its not a KO people will always complain and even when theres a KO they still complain. Can you believe people are calling Masvidals KO of Askren a sucker punch and his celebration classless? LOL! After everything Askren said and did with his annoying face and voice thats exactly what he deserved. I hope his brain is fine though. It was a good card all through, sanchez showed heart and chiesa showed that he could be a problem at 170, Rockhold got knocked out, Askren got knocked the fvck out, i wanted holly to win but you have to respect amandas greatness, and then santos gave a very good fight.

EDIT: Watching the presser now and Jones said he wanted to keep him on the feet to beat him at what hes best at, like i stipulated.
Re: The NBA Begins by fF01(m): 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:

It was close fight that was hard to score but jones won in my eyes. There are two rounds where the winner is clear the 3 and 4 and both belonged to jones. Natural that the people who dont like him will give all the others to Santos even though jones won at least one if not two of these rounds. I'm sure many didnt think it was close until the commentator said it was and joe rogan said it was possibly 2-2 in the 5th. Apart from the slip jones hit him with an elbow that sent him down. Santos threw a lot of hay makers that got oohs and aahs from the crowd but the man was punching air most of the time. Jones controlled the fight all through, pushed forward, threw fewer shots and landed more, a very mayweather-esque performance from him for tow reasons IMO. One the amount of KOs in the earlier fights many against the favorite and one against his teammate holly holm got to him so he decided to play it safe. Two, notice how he shot for one only takedown contrary to what people expected and this is for one of two reasons, jones likes to beat a person at his own game, like taking down and out wresting DC multiple times, maybe he wanted to leave the fight on feet to prove a point. And i think that people talk about santos leg but jones did a good job of hiding the fact that his leg was hurt as well, he had to be carried out by his coach and brother after the fight and this is another thing that can explain why he didnt take it to the ground.

Santos said hed shock the world and he did, not only by going the distance but stealing a scorecard from jones, something no one has ever done with basically one leg. I know dana said the fight wasnt close and that anyone who scored it for santos was an idiot but i think for the single fact that santos had one leg they should run it back, jones should also want to put it beyond any manner of doubt like he did his first fight with Gus.

The fight game has so many controversies and i admit there is corruption especially in boxing but many allow their feelings to sway how they saw a fight especially when its close and especially against someone who is as hated and as invincible as jones. If its not a KO people will always complain and even when theres a KO they still complain. Can you believe people are calling Masvidals KO of Askren a sucker punch and his celebration classless? LOL! After everything Askren said and did with his annoying face and voice thats exactly what he deserved. I hope his brain is fine though. It was a good card all through, sanchez showed heart and chiesa showed that he could be a problem at 170, Rockhold got knocked out, Askren got knocked the fvck out, i wanted holly to win but you have to respect amandas greatness, and then santos gave a very good fight.
Even though a knock down does not necessarily determine or tell the story of a fight, a knock out buttresses finesse in the fight game. Don’t get me wrong, Jones had a good fight but going into a split decision against an obvious underdog makes it difficult to sing an overwhelming praise for him.
Joe Rogan’s comment only buttresses the fact that no one saw it going to the 5th and when it did, it is only natural to credit the underdog for going the distance. Jones showed his experience in the later rounds as he managed the space and gave some important hits and boy was he lucky those haymakers by Santos did not meet, else it would have been a totally different story for him and his camp.
Masvidal’s flying kick knock out was the highlight of the night for me and you can hear from his post match that he entered the fight really upset at Ben Askren and had a plan all the way. Typically fighters don’t take such risks the early seconds of the fight but Askren’s mouth did not match effort.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2019
steady986:

I like Caruso, that guy is a tough guy. He looks like an Italian mafia. Whether he starts or not, he's a good addition to the squad. I think he should be involved more in crunch moments, whether defending or attacking... He can shoot threes, drive to the basket, he can rebound and is our best defensive point guard. The good thing is he can play the 2 too.

But I'd love our starting five to be:

Rondo
Green
Bron
Kuz
Davis

Davis won't play the 5 all game, so he should just relax. There'll be several combinations and I'm sure the staff will be looking to work them out.

My problem with rondo starting is spacing. Secondly feel like kuzma wont get enough shots starting with lebron and davis and is better off with a sixth man role with rondo creating shots for him and boogie/javale (whoever they choose to start). The coaches will keep AD from the 5 not only because he doesnt want to but because of his health as well, centers get banged up too often. I like that we have options though and there are still spaces on the roster so i can't wait to see who else we add. Melo, Korver, Iggy and maybe bradley are still viable options.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Roland17:

Even though a knock down does not necessarily determine or tell the story of a fight, a knock out buttresses finesse in the fight game. Don’t get me wrong, Jones had a good fight but going into a split decision against an obvious underdog makes it difficult to sing an overwhelming praise for him.
Joe Rogan’s comment only buttresses the fact that no one saw it going to the 5th and when it did, it is only natural to credit the underdog for going the distance. Jones showed his experience in the later rounds as he managed the space and gave some important hits and boy was he lucky those haymakers by Santos did not meet, else it would have been a totally different story for him and his camp.
Masvidal’s flying kick knock out was the highlight of the night for me and you can hear from his post match that he entered the fight really upset at Ben Askren and had a plan all the way. Typically fighters don’t take such risks the early seconds of the fight but Askren’s mouth did not match effort.

I wasn't praising him, it was probably his worst performance ever especially in terms of output. I'm just saying he won. Otherwise i agree with everything you said.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ocon: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2019
Is it true Rockets want Westbrook?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
RiskelWillow:

My problem with rondo starting is spacing. Secondly feel like kuzma wont get enough shots starting with lebron and davis and is better off with a sixth man role with rondo creating shots for him and boogie/javale (whoever they choose to start). The coaches will keep AD from the 5 not only because he doesnt want to but because of his health as well, centers get banged up too often. I like that we have options though and there are still spaces on the roster so i can't wait to see who else we add. Melo, Korver, Iggy and maybe bradley are still viable options.
Kuz needs to start. We need someone who can drive to the basket in case AD is double teamed in the paint. Having the option of LeBron and Kuz, with one or two shooters in the flanks ready to pounce, is mouthwatering. And it's always good to start with your best team. Give them say 6-8 minutes together to stamp their authority on the game, then we can begin different permutations.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2019
yomi96:
guy you no dey sleep?
WC regular season power
rankings.
Denver Nuggets
LA Clippers
Utah jazz
LA lakers
Portland Trailblazers
Houston Rockets
Golden State
Spurs

Fair enough. I can see the spurs creeping in somehow out of respect for Pop.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Skrrrrrrr, Roland17(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.