Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,413 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1610881 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:05am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:
Eruditor

I'm waiting for you to counter my findings. If you don't, then it means you're actually re.tarded.

We are discussing analysts and you are showing me bookmakers. What kinda person am I dealing with habeg?

Can you read?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:11am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:

Let me oblige you this last time.

But did I argue with you about the statement you made about the Lakers being ranked above Raptors? I didn't answer you because I knew you were right. What I questioned was your first statement where you said most analysts rated Lakers in 2nd place. So why bugging me with the Raptors s.hit? I did some digging, and I'm yet to find anyone who projected Lakers to finish in 2nd place.

It continues in my next post

Let me quote myself again.

You said all the major analysts and Bookmakers put LAL in top 2/3 this season. I said most of the analysts did same last season. One statement. Then said ESPN in their rankings put LAL even over Raptors.

You then asked me about rankings and Rockets. I told you that the claim about ranking and projections was for Raptors and that I specifically mentioned ESPN.

I don't know how to help you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

You said all the major analysts and Bookmakers put LAL in top 2/3 this season. I said most of the analysts did same last season. One statement. Then said ESPN in their rankings put LAL even over Raptors.

You then asked me about rankings and Rockets. I told you that the claim about ranking and projections was for Raptors and that I specifically mentioned ESPN.

So apart from stephen A which other "analyst" ranked the lakers as the second best team in the west?
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:23am On Jul 13, 2019
In as much as you were always criticized, your loyalty to the thunder team was never in doubt...Wish you more success in your career endeavours. ...WHY NOT!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:12am On Jul 13, 2019
RiskelWillow:

So apart from stephen A which other "analyst" ranked the lakers as the second best team in the west?

Nick Wright bashed the Rockets.
Shannon Sharpe
Cris Carter

All Lebron tearjerkers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:24am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

Nick Wright bashed the Rockets.
Shannon Sharpe
Cris Carter

All Lebron tearjerkers.

LOL Apart from Shannon Sharpe who said it in a gimmick. None of those other "analysts" definitively called the Lakers the second best team in the west. You can't classify one or two people as most. Seeing as that title technically ended up going to Portland I can argue bar the Lakers misfortunes they would've had a shot. But that's a different issue entirely cause misfortunes can befall any team now be it the Clippers or the jazz or nuggets. But sh-tting on this Lakers roster you are sipping nothing but the haterade small fry. Just admit you effed up and move on.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:35am On Jul 13, 2019
RiskelWillow:

LOL Apart from Shannon Sharpe who said it in a gimmick. None of those other "analysts" definitively called the Lakers the second best team in the west. You can't classify one or two people as most. Seeing as that title technically ended up going to Portland I can argue bar the Lakers misfortunes they would've had a shot. But that's a different issue entirely cause misfortunes can befall any team now be it the Clippers or the jazz or nuggets. But sh-tting on this Lakers roster you are sipping nothing but the haterade small fry. Just admit you effed up and move on.

I never told you Lebron was not good. I never told you that even with his last Cavs team. But when you were getting excited about trades and who was going to play, I told you that the roster was not exactly balanced. Remember? When Clarkson and the other Lakers slam dunk guy came to Ohio. When Hill, Hood, Green all joined. When they barely beat Indiana? When you and Shannon Sharpe would not let anybody rest when he swept the Raptors. I told you that the team was not balanced.

So yes, AD, Bron, Boogie, Danny, Bradley, Rondo look good on paper etc. But I am not overwhelmed by the ensemble. Maybe 3 years ago AD and Bron would have done that. But now I am seeing the flaw in the team. I would have felt the same had Kawhi gone there BTW. They would have won a title ok. But even the way everyone wanted to claim it would have been the greatest trio on NBA history. I would have told them to pipe down.

You only say that after you have seen the team play and how they will. I know they will be better than last season. Ok. How much better? Philly type of better (I mean compared to how they were last time).
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

I never told you Lebron was not good. I never told you that even with his last Cavs team. But when you were getting excited about trades and who was going to play, I told you that the roster was not exactly balanced. Remember? When Clarkson and the other Lakers slam dunk guy came to Ohio. When Hill, Hood, Green all joined. When they barely beat Indiana? When you and Shannon Sharpe would not let anybody rest when he swept the Raptors. I told you that the team was not balanced.

So yes, AD, Bron, Boogie, Danny, Bradley, Rondo look good on paper etc. But I am not overwhelmed by the ensemble. Maybe 3 years ago AD and Bron would have done that. But now I am seeing the flaw in the team. I would have felt the same had Kawhi gone there BTW. They would have won a title ok. But even the way everyone wanted to claim it would have been the greatest trio on NBA history. I would have told them to pipe down.

You only say that after you have seen the team play and how they will. I know they will be better than last season. Ok. How much better? Philly type of better (I mean compared to how they were last time).

I never claimed the 2018 Cavs would beat the Warriors and I can't remember anyone being that bold. We were excited however that after the trades the team was an improvement on the toxic waste they had.

And that's the thing. Everything about pretty much every team is based on what's on paper right now cause all the major contenders are significantly different from what they were a season ago. When you speak of lack of balance what do you mean?

Defense? We've got Green, Bradley and KCP for perimeter defense and AD and JaVale in the interior. Might get Iguodala too. Both Frank Vogel and Lionel Hollins were brought in for their defense.

Offense? We've got two of the best offensive forces in the game maybe 3 if anything that resembles the old boogie returns and a rising star in Kyle Kuzma.

Shooting? Green Bradley Daniels KCP Dudley Cook heck everyone on this roster bar rondo and JaVale has a 3 ball and even Rondo has improved in that regard. Might get Kyle Korver too.

Playmaking? We've got two of the best basketball minds in the history of the game.

So what is this balance you speak of? This roster is as versatile as any other in the NBA if not more.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kenturkish(m): 5:27am On Jul 13, 2019
This thread used to be for basketball heads, who argue constructively without cheap insults now it has gone down the ways of nairaland. Where tribal bigots and kids jump in to see who has the best line if insults. Even some old timers have been affected by the plague that has plagued nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:26am On Jul 13, 2019
RiskelWillow:

I never claimed the 2018 Cavs would beat the Warriors and I can't remember anyone being that bold. We were excited however that after the trades the team was an improvement on the toxic waste they had.

And that's the thing. Everything about pretty much every team is based on what's on paper right now cause all the major contenders are significantly different from what they were a season ago. When you speak of lack of balance what do you mean?

Defense? We've got Green, Bradley and KCP for perimeter defense and AD and JaVale in the interior. Might get Iguodala too. Both Frank Vogel and Lionel Hollins were brought in for their defense.

Offense? We've got two of the best offensive forces in the game maybe 3 if anything that resembles the old boogie returns and a rising star in Kyle Kuzma.

Shooting? Green Bradley Daniels KCP Dudley Cook heck everyone on this roster bar rondo and JaVale has a 3 ball and even Rondo has improved in that regard. Might get Kyle Korver too.

Playmaking? We've got two of the best basketball minds in the history of the game.

So what is this balance you speak of? This roster is as versatile as any other in the NBA if not more.

I will respond to this when I am well rested. It is past midnight here and I need to sleep.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

I will respond to this when I am well rested. It is past midnight here and I need to sleep.

You're right, way past your bed time small fry.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2019
chic2pimp:

As Great as MJ was, I have always felt His defence was a tad overrated.
Do you want me to show you videos of numerous highly rated defenders being put on skates including Kawhi?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:07am On Jul 13, 2019
RiskelWillow:

No NBA roster can be perfect, that is what some people will never accept just so they will have something to say. You adroitly broke down the upside and possiblities inherent within this Lakers team. Is the team perfect hell NO, but can it be a championship side if things go their way, hell YES. The same thing can be said of at least 4 other sides IMHO.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

Eruditor, you are trying to be smart with words here, but you can't fool me, I'm too smart for you. The longer you drag this the more obvious it is that you both have a short memory and that you're re.tarded.

And you didn't have to go back to alter your posts. Don't be cheeky. The picture I attached to this post is what you said initially, and my reply, but you deleted it and wrote something else. You see I didn't mention anything about Raptors. I tackled your statement about Lakers finishing above Rockets.

You know that the internet holds onto memories excellently. Then you said this
Eruditor:

Most analysts rated LAL 2nd in the west in 2018-19. Full stop. Representing one statement. To disprove this. Simply bring many analysts saying something contrary. That is part one.

Second statement. In fact, ESPN even rated them higher than the Raptors.

I decided to tackle the first statement and leave the second, then you said this

Eruditor:

Don't come and bring Nick changing mouth after it was clear LAL will not qualify for the playoffs. Most of the analysts said LAL were the team to challenge GSW in the west.

Then I duly posted about 6 analyst that didn't project Lakers to finish second. But your dumb self called them bookmakers.

You are not smart enough for me, and you know it.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2019
People of this great thread, Mr Eruditor here said that these are bookmakers and not analyst's predictions. I know what a bookmakers odd looks like and I know what an analyst's prediction looks like. I can categorically tell you that these are analyst's projections. I asked you to bring your projections from your own analysts who said the Lakers would finish second, and til now you are unable to do so. I'm still waiting

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2019
kenturkish:
This thread used to be for basketball heads, who argue constructively without cheap insults now it has gone down the ways of nairaland. Where tribal bigots and kids jump in to see who has the best line if insults. Even some old timers have been affected by the plague that has plagued nairaland.

It's embarrassing. Sad thing is i wasn't an ethnic bigot before but with all the things i've seen here, now i 100% am.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:31am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:

Eruditor, you are trying to be smart with words here, but you can't fool me, I'm too smart for you. The longer you drag this the more obvious it is that you both have a short memory and that you're re.tarded.

And you didn't have to go back to alter your posts. Don't be cheeky. The picture I attached to this post is what you said initially, and my reply, but you deleted it and wrote something else. You see I didn't mention anything about Raptors. I tackled your statement about Lakers finishing above Rockets.

You know that the internet holds onto memories excellently. Then you said this

I decided to tackle the first statement and leave the second, then you said this

Then I duly posted about 6 analyst that didn't project Lakers to finish second. But your dumb self called them bookmakers.

You are not smart enough for me, and you know it.

Your stupidity is gargantuan enough to steal sleep from droopy eyes. I did not alter my post. I was trying to quote myself to show you my exact words hours back and bungled it so I just paraphrased myself.

I wish you would see how lost you are in the eyes of common sense and logic. Please, if you are not a hopeless ignorant bastard. Post any comment here of me saying anything to the effect of Lakers and Rockets. If you don't provide just a shred of a post of me saying anything about the Rockets you will remain a bastard for eternity.

As for bookmakers and analysts. I actually have re-given up on you. Do you know what analysts are?

Am I being punked or something? Is it possible for a human being to be this hopeless?
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:
People of this great thread, Mr Eruditor here said that these are bookmakers and not analyst's predictions. I know what a bookmakers odd looks like and I know what an analyst's prediction looks like. I can categorically tell you that these are analyst's projections. I asked you to bring your projections from your own analysts who said the Lakers would finish second, and til now you are unable to do so. I'm still waiting

grin grin

This is so funny. Do you know how they come up with these numbers? Don't you watch Skip and Shannon for instance discuss if they would place their bets on the lakers finishing over or under the prognosticated win count? How can you help a mad person stop taking panadol to cure his madness? When you hear Vegas are predicting GSW to win 62 games who analysed the 62 games out? LOL.

Stop trying to out-stupid yourself. We have accepted you are the king please. I even threw out the names of the very same people you have called analysts on this thread and you are avoiding your brothers Nick Wright and co when they were running feeds talking about how LeBron could will the young LAL core to playing WCF against GSW. LOL.

You are posting bleacher report giving predictions of expected win counts and telling me it is analysis. grin

So if I say LAC to win LAL in round 1 of the playoffs 4-1 I have also analysed the playoffs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

Your stupidity is gargantuan enough to steal sleep from droopy eyes. I did not alter my post. I was trying to quote myself to show you my exact words hours back and bungled it so I just paraphrased myself.

I wish you would see how lost you are in the eyes of common sense and logic. Please, if you are not a hopeless ignorant bastard. Post any comment here of me saying anything to the effect of Lakers and Rockets. If you don't provide just a shred of a post of me saying anything about the Rockets you will remain a bastard for eternity.

As for bookmakers and analysts. I actually have re-given up on you. Do you know what analysts are?

Am I being punked or something? Is it possible for a human being to be this hopeless?

Lol, you're getting angry, and that's a sign of frustration. Let me frustrate you the more.

Who is talking about Rockets and Lakers? Is sour argument about the Rockets and Lakers? I don't understand the kind of dullard I'm dealing with here? You brought up an argument about the Lakers finishing 2nd, and now you're mentioning Rockets.

And the people who made those projections are analysts. If you read the entirety of the articles you would see their names at the top or bottom of the post. Just because you don't know them don't make them any less of an analyst. After all you said most analysts, and not most notable analysts. And I'm still waiting to see proof of your own analysts who said Lakers would finish second. You've been trying to beat around the bush for so long and you're doing a terrible job of it.

P.S, I'm glad you accepted that you actually altered your post, no matter the English you tried to use to describe your action. For a second I thought you'd be that dumb to deny it.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:51am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

grin grin

This is so funny. Do you know how they come up with these numbers? Don't you watch Skip and Shannon for instance discuss if they would place their bets on the lakers finishing over or under the prognosticated win count? How can you help a mad person stop taking panadol to cure his madness? When you hear Vegas are predicting GSW to win 62 games who analysed the 62 games out? LOL.

Stop trying to out-stupid yourself. We have accepted you are the king please. I even threw out the names of the very same people you have called analysts on this thread and you are avoiding your brothers Nick Wright and co when they were running feeds talking about how LeBron could will the young LAL core to playing WCF against GSW. LOL.

You are posting bleacher report giving predictions of expected win counts and telling me it is analysis. grin

So if I say LAC to win LAL in round 1 of the playoffs 4-1 I have also analysed the playoffs.
You're just talking gibberish. I refer you to my afore post. Bring your evidence of analysts who said Lakers would finish second, then we can argue. As long as you can't do that, all your points are invalid.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:

Lol, you're getting angry, and that's a sign of frustration. Let me frustrate you the more.

Who is talking about Rockets and Lakers? Is sour argument about the Rockets and Lakers? I don't understand the kind of dullard I'm dealing with here? You brought up an argument about the Lakers finishing 2nd, and now you're mentioning Rockets.

And the people who made those projections are analysts. If you read the entirety of the articles you would see their names at the top or bottom of the post. Just because you don't know them don't make them any less of an analyst. After all you said most analysts, and not most notable analysts. And I'm still waiting to see proof of your own analysts who said Lakers would finish second. You've been trying to beat around the bush for so long and you're doing a terrible job of it.

P.S, I'm glad you accepted that you actually altered your post, no matter the English you tried to use to describe your action. For a second I thought you'd be that dumb to deny it.

How can I be altering my post clandestinely and put a comment under it when it is clear something else was there? Why would I need to alter my post?

You said all the major analysts are projecting LAL as top 2 or 3 now. I said the same major analysts did so last year. Then spoke about Raptors. You have now claimed you ignored the Raptors part and were asking me about Rockets. I said, the people you quote verbatim here all said LAL was the team that would give GSW a run for their money in the WCF. Your ally here even told you that SAS said same. You left all that to give me selected projected win counts from sports blogs. What am I supposed to do with it? How am I mentioning the Rockets? You are the one who is trying to use projected win counts of blogs to make up for major analysts. LOL
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:57am On Jul 13, 2019
A40:
Do you want me to show you videos of numerous highly rated defenders being put on skates including Kawhi?

Nah no need to. I have seen enough of Jordan over the years to confidently say His defence was a tad overrated.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:02am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

grin grin

This is Zach Lowe saying 4 teams will win 60 games, including GS and Houston. Another prediction of Lakers not in the top 2 in the west.

I have time for you today. grin

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:05am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

How can I be altering my post clandestinely and put a comment under it when it is clear something else was there? Why would I need to alter my post?

You said all the major analysts are projecting LAL as top 2 or 3 now. I said the same major analysts did so last year. Then spoke about Raptors. You have now claimed you ignored the Raptors part and were asking me about Rockets. I said, the people you quote verbatim here all said LAL was the team that would give GSW a run for their money in the WCF. Your ally here even told you that SAS said same. You left all that to give me selected projected win counts from sports blogs. What am I supposed to do with it? How am I mentioning the Rockets? You are the one who is trying to use projected win counts of blogs to make up for major analysts. LOL
Once again, you're talking rubbish if you don't show me evidence of an analyst saying Lakers would finish second.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

Bingo! The one you've been waiting for. Steven A predicted the Lakers would finish third cheesy This is so sweet.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

Another sweet one from my man Nick Wright. Are you still alive? Or do you have a rope in your hand right now? cheesy cool

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:15am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:

This is Zach Lowe saying 4 teams will win 60 games, including GS and Houston. Another prediction of Lakers not in the top 2 in the west.

I have time for you today. grin

That is what I was expecting. This is an example of an "analyst". Good. Now he makes up for all but one analyst. I don't know how this helps you. I can as well bring other people who put them second. I already mentioned 3 others. Here is a 4th.

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:

Bingo! The one you've been waiting for. Steven A predicted the Lakers would finish third cheesy This is so sweet.

Want to bet I can bring another post where he changed and made them second?

I can do same for Nick Wright. Bet?

Who does not know analysts change opinions like the wind?

LOL
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:18am On Jul 13, 2019
All along Mr Eruditor has been lying to us that Stephen A. Smith and Nick Wright predicted the Lakers to finish second in the west. Lol

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2019
Eruditor:

Want to bet I can bring another post where he changed and made them second?

I can do same for Nick Wright. Bet?

Who does not know analysts change opinions like the wind?

LOL
Lol, Mr man, you have been emphatically defeated. SHUT THA F.UCK UP
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:
All along Mr Eruditor has been lying to us that Stephen A. Smith and Nick Wright predicted the Lakers to finish second in the west. Lol

You know how I roll. I want you to make a fool of yourself and then I will post SAS prediction with LAL as second.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2019
steady986:

Lol, Mr man, you have been emphatically defeated. SHUT THA F.UCK UP

I said bet and you cowered and started talking about defeat lol. At least you have learnt about analysts now. Do you want to bet on SAS? Nick Wright?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.