Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611547 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2019
somehow:
Australia really tried.

The cup is for Spain to lose but they should be weary of Argentina which I see beating France today.

Australia plays with a lot of grit and I was surprised they were unrated by some on this thread. I have always respected the energy and grit with which they competed and they also have some good individual players who can make plays for themselves.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
Birdman I'm waiting.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
Roland17:

I don't think any coach would have gotten much heat for the performances of this Team USA. This is the worst assembly in the history of Team USA basketball. Callenjelo can talk tough all he wants, we can not take this roster to the Olympics.

We all know Pop is a GOAT and the roster was wack, but do you agree with me that if it was another coach, they would have blamed him and not the players?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
Eruditor:

We all know Pop is a GOAT and the roster was wack, but do you agree with me that if it was another coach, they would have blamed him and not the players?

I get your argument and it is very valid. I would agree that the media/ critics are being careful about pointing any light at Pop because of his legendary status but again, I think the media would also give another coach a pass but maybe not as much as Pop is enjoying. So yes, I see where you are coming from and it is a valid argument to make.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by somehow: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2019
Roland17:

Australia plays with a lot of grit and I was surprised they were unrated by some on this thread. I have always respected the energy and grit with which they competed and they also have some good individual players who can make plays for themselves.

Having a lot of foreigners in NBA is gradually closing the gap between the US and the world. Except they come to the olympics with people like Curry, Klay, Durant etc, they won't find it easy.

Argentina is not just up there for a reason, they showed it against France once again.

Australia was underated by the BB world. Apart from having players in NBA, they also have a strong league with huge followership.

Can't wait for the final on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2019
somehow:

Having a lot of foreigners in NBA is gradually closing the gap between the US and the world. Except they come to the olympics with people like Curry, Klay, Durant etc, they won't find it easy.

Argentina is not just up there for a reason, they showed it against France once again.

Australia was underated by the BB world. Apart from having players in NBA, they also have a strong league with huge followership.

Can't wait for the final on Sunday.

And that is why I am not taking Colangelo's tough talks about not forgetting the players who pulled out serious. The US can not afford another shambolic performance on the international stage especially the Olympics. I disagree with you about the gap closing because, to be honest, if the big dogs showed up, it would have been a walkover. Other countries showed up with their top dogs and that is why it seems like the gap is closing and Serbia can make all this noise especially that their coach.

'When the cat is away, the rats play"
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
39 year old Luis Scola schooled back to back DPOY Rudy Gobert.

Tired of telling cats basketball is beyond size, athleticism and muscles.

The irony is the adjudged DPOY would not make top 10 Center in the 90's alone.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
I really hope KD sees a therapist men. Mental health is really really important. Like Jalen said "the score of the game doesn't necessarily make you happy in life" not even if you're KD who is clearly winning at it.

Just the unwillingness to move on from these things is just..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:30am On Sep 14, 2019
A40:
I really hope KD sees a therapist men. Mental health is really really important. Like Jalen said "the score of the game doesn't necessarily make you happy in life" not even if you're KD who is clearly winning at it.

Just the unwillingness to move on from these things is just..

nah, he just needs to grow up. grow up and shut up. the media circus that he hates is of his own doing.

i think the problem is these guys are making so much money at such an early age and no one around them is really looking out for them, just looking for a free ride.

It is good that Durant has a strong, supportive mother, but I think he is running into grown man issues and really doest know what to do. dropping 3s on the court is easy compared to adulting
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2019
birdman:

nah, he just needs to grow up. grow up and shut up. the media circus that he hates is of his own doing.

i think the problem is these guys are making so much money at such an early age and no one around them is really looking out for them, just looking for a free ride.

It is good that Durant has a strong, supportive mother, but I think he is running into grown man issues and really doest know what to do. dropping 3s on the court is easy compared to adulting
Well clearly he doesn't seem capable of that. For him to not know that engaging random strangers on Twitter and responding to every negative critique of him is a slippery slope that leads to nowhere.

He's not the only player that gets torched on SM but nobody reacts and responds to every Jimmy from Instagram like he does, I mean a whole KD creating burner accounts FFS, Like nigga you're Kevin Durant. You have your own shoe!! He needs to be made to realize his worth and just understand he is past the level of proving anything to anybody but himself

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
The #FIBAWorldCup all-star five:

Ricky Rubio (Spain)
Bogdan Bogdanovic (Serbia)
Evan Fournier (France)
Luis Scola (Argentina)
Marc Gasol (Spain)

MVP: Ricky Rubio

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
A40:
Well clearly he doesn't seem capable of that. For him to not know that engaging random strangers on Twitter and responding to every negative critique of him is a slippery slope that leads to nowhere.

He's not the only player that gets torched on SM but nobody reacts and responds to every Jimmy from Instagram like he does, I mean a whole KD creating burner accounts FFS, Like nigga you're Kevin Durant. You have your own shoe!! He needs to be made to realize his worth and just understand he is past the level of proving anything to anybody but himself

My opinion is that every human on earth is unique. As long as he is not committing a crime he can do whatever he likes. I am personally tired of the medicine pushing a narrative that a human should conform to a standard, The fact is he does not have to behave the way we think he should.
There are billionaires who lavish their wealth, they are those who are philanthropic with it and their are others who live conservative life styles it's all on the person.
One angle most people are not looking at is the possibility of the individual who KD is chatting with getting positive feelings from KD replying them.
Finally in the eternal words of J K Rowling 'to each man his own'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
Khanben:

My opinion is that every human on earth is unique. As long as he is not committing a crime he can do whatever he likes. I am personally tired of the medicine pushing a narrative that a human should conform to a standard, The fact is he does not have to behave the way we think he should.
There are billionaires who lavish their wealth, they are those who are philanthropic with it and their are others who live conservative life styles it's all on the person.
One angle most people are not looking at is the possibility of the individual who KD is chatting with getting positive feelings from KD replying them.
Finally in the eternal words of J K Rowling 'to each man his own'.
It's not about not doing as you like and what not but understanding that from an elevated position you have to be selective and pick your battles. Especially when they are battles that are clearly taking a toll on your psyche. Making peace with the fact that you cannot control how you're perceived by people.

He should at least be able to filter constructive feedback from outright negative ones.

If you're walking down the road and 50 dogs bark at you. Do you stand and start barking back at them or continue your jolly way
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:31am On Sep 16, 2019
A40:
It's not about not doing as you like and what not but understanding that from an elevated position you have to be selective and pick your battles. Especially when they are battles that are clearly taking a toll on your psyche. Making peace with the fact that you cannot control how you're perceived by people.

He should at least be able to filter constructive feedback from outright negative ones.

If you're walking down the road and 50 dogs bark at you. Do you stand and start barking back at them or continue your jolly way

And I still say its his choice, as long as he is not committing a crime what he chooses to do with his time/life is his prerogative.
People have a propensity of trying to tell others how to live their lives. As far as I am concerned it is his time to spend however he chooses to, I might not like it but it is non of my business.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:02am On Sep 16, 2019
Khanben:

And I still say its his choice, as long as he is not committing a crime what he chooses to do with his time/life is his prerogative.
People have a propensity of trying to tell others how to live their lives. As far as I am concerned it is his time to spend however he chooses to, I might not like it but it is non of my business.
You're still missing the point. I'm not saying it's not his choice. I'm saying he is engaging in warfare he can't possibly win and it's taking an unnecessary emotional toll on him as we can clearly see. It is avoidable and some of us his fans would like to see him take evasive action

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Roland17:
If no one can get Brady to tap dance then he might as well play until he is 60. The man looks like he is throwing the football from his couch sipping orange juice.

@A40, if na this leg una wan use play this season, na losing record go sure pass be that eh!

I talk am.

@A40, baba, na losing record sure pass for una this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
Roland17:

I talk am.
@A40, baba, na losing record sure pass for una this season.
Iyanu a sele
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:46am On Sep 18, 2019
Who else is watching the WNBA playoffs? Elena Delle Donne is a beast for the Washington Mystics. She is such a matchup nightmare because of her ability to dribble, pass and play under the rim.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
What specie of English is this? [quote author=A40 post=82141111][/quote]
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
Roland17:
Who else is watching the WNBA playoffs? Elena Delle Donne is a beast for the Washington Mystics. She is such a matchup nightmare because of her ability to dribble, pass and play under the rim.
I dey root for my babe Liz Cambage
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
Roland17:

Elena is the undisputed MVP this season. But I'm rooting for Candace Parker and the Ogwumike sisters of the Los Angeles Sparks.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
Nike cut ties with Antonio Brown.

Never underestimate the power of your village people. cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:37am On Sep 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Nike cut ties with Antonio Brown.

Never underestimate the power of your village people. cheesy grin cheesy

antonio brown IS the villager bro grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2019
October 22,los Angeles Lakers Vs clippers

Who's your pick(i expect the clippers to win)

New Orleans pelicans(with Zion Williamson) Vs Toronto raptors(without kawhi)

Who's your pick on that pelicans Vs raptors game?
Re: The NBA Begins by swip88: 9:26am On Sep 20, 2019
NBA is really interesting to watch. I am currently going to Chicago to watch a super cool play and also I want to bet on https://azscore.co.it/ to get some money. It's really interesting and exciting to watch the game after betting, so many nerves.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
The Patriots just cut Antonio Brown. This man needs serious help, someone needs to get this man into serious therapy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27662788/brown-pats-cut-wr-amid-field-allegations
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:02am On Sep 21, 2019
Roland17:
The Patriots just cut Antonio Brown. This man needs serious help, someone needs to get this man into serious therapy.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27662788/brown-pats-cut-wr-amid-field-allegations

something is wrong. did he ever have some really bad concussion? or is this guy just that much of an ...
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:29am On Sep 21, 2019
birdman:

antonio brown IS the villager bro grin
You say what? He is done.
Re: The NBA Begins by fola89(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2019
Please what are the ways I can watch NBA games live here in Nigeria please Dont want to miss dis season
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
Roland17:

But I told y'all something is off with that ninja. The Patriots just tried to be smarter than themselves and got burnt this time with the awoof $9m Antonio don chop for their head. I'm pretty sure if he had behaved at Oakland this news wouldn't have leaked out

Was surprised the Pats didn't cut him the minute it broke out because Robert Kraft no dey take those allegations play. Anything DV, Assault you're getting cut.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
A40:
But I told y'all something is off with that ninja. The Patriots just tried to be smarter than themselves and got burnt this time with the awoof $9m Antonio don chop for their head. I'm pretty sure if he had behaved at Oakland this news wouldn't have leaked out

Was surprised the Pats didn't cut him the minute it broke out because Robert Kraft no dey take those allegations play. Anything DV, Assault you're getting cut.

$9m is nothing to the Patriots oh! They have their set ways and detest distractions so I knew it was a matter of time before AB was out. I am shocked you bought the zobo narrative that AB planned his move to New England all along when in actual fact he was scampering for anything. You are right though, Oakland would have hidden this incident. I think its over for AB as far as long contract commitment with huge financial rewards, that is if his career is not over.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
That babe must be a Raiders fan. You can't convince me otherwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) (1372) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.