Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,059 members, 7,807,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615648 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2019
A40:
Is it this Dak Prescott the dink and dunk merchant birdman was saying they should pay elite QB money? Yeye dey smell!

If the Cowboys have sense let them better bite the bullet and seek a quality QB from the draft and endure the growing pains.

They have made the first mistake overpaying Zeke. If they overpay Dak they will be hamstrung till Jerry Jones is knocking on heaven's door

i tell yall d truth, i dont know dak. i never met him. i may have heard of him but i dont know him know him
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2019
donlittle25:
@Birdman Hapoy Belated My G. When we they celebrate twins

looool. twins ke? but u are a prophet bro tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2019
Roland17:
@Birdman! Happy belated birthday boss!

thanks bro cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2019
Happy Birthday birdman..

Have a blast cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2019
Pelicans looking like play-off contenders sha.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2019
birdman:

i tell yall d truth, i dont know dak. i never met him. i may have heard of him but i dont know him know him
grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nostradamus:
Happy Birthday birdman..

Have a blast cool

blast ke? make i tear acl grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
oisujeh, donlittle25, sylvanus we dey wait una cry
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nostradamus:
i didn't expect such performance from the raptors(maybe my expectation is too high sha).those kids are shooting woefully.if they should continue with such shootings in the regular season,it'll disastrous for the raptors...

Even our d'tigers can't shoot terribly like this.

Please where are you watching from? Post link
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
donlittle25:
@Birdman Hapoy Belated My G. When we they celebrate twins

Happy Belated Birthday Birdman!
grin grin @donlittle. Na me God bless with twins o
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2019
birdman:

blast ke? make i tear acl grin
abeg no tear or injury ooo grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

Wao! Big congrats on your twins..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

wao really? congrats man. how is sleep deprivation these days grin
Re: The NBA Begins by oisujeh(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
birdman:
Birdman I don come.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by oisujeh(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
birdman:
Seen.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hardetayour:
All those guys wey go disappear after draft. Hope sey dem Don note them

baba check ur email. draft will be this saturday. na u we dey wait tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:06am On Oct 16, 2019
birdman:

baba check ur email. draft will be this saturday. na u we dey wait tongue
I no understand ó. The same problem. Telling me link has been revoked by the commissioner ���
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 1:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Make una help me begg SmooshCHN to allow me join Fantasy. I know he's scared of me.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:47am On Oct 16, 2019
Hardetayour:
I no understand ó. The same problem. Telling me link has been revoked by the commissioner ���
I had the same issue. You should have no problem using a browser or PC to open the link and join.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 5:56am On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I had the same issue. You should have no problem using a browser or PC to open the link and join.
I'll get on a PC and do just that
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2019
Roland17:

Wao! Big congrats on your twins..

Thanks much Boss.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2019
birdman:

wao really? congrats man. how is sleep deprivation these days grin

Thanks much Birdman. No sleep for now o. I'm just waiting for the season to kick off, so I'll just use my open eye dey enjoy the beautiful game, and at the same time kick oga Smoosh arse for Fantasy grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2019
Wow. Congrats bro. You they sleep like this?
KNIGHTBlaed:

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:35am On Oct 16, 2019
Hardetayour:
Make una help me begg SmooshCHN to allow me join Fantasy. I know he's scared of me.
grin grin
KNIGHTBlaed:

Thanks much Birdman. No sleep for now o. I'm just waiting for the season to kick off, so I'll just use my open eye dey enjoy the beautiful game, and at the same time kick oga Smoosh arse for Fantasy grin grin grin
Congrats man. More blessings to you and your fam.

Just swipe the Dad card whenever I'm handing you those L. I'll be nice. grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 11:53am On Oct 16, 2019
what a bad look, lebron the sell out. He has a show where they focus on social injustices, but when it comes for him to step up, he bows down to the paycheck, such a sellout. Na trump he get mouth to dey trash talk. He should shut up and dribble. Darl mourey did the right thing and he knows better than a high school dropout.
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 11:56am On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:

grin grin

Congrats man. More blessings to you and your fam.

Just swipe the Dad card whenever I'm handing you those L. I'll be nice. grin cheesy
when is the new season startin? This place don dry, we don tire for american football, i like patrick mahomes tho.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
yomi96:
what a bad look, lebron the sell out. He has a show where they focus on social injustices, but when it comes for him to step up, he bows down to the paycheck, such a sellout. Na trump he get mouth to dey trash talk. He should shut up and dribble. Darl mourey did the right thing and he knows better than a high school dropout.
Wait!! What the f*ck is America, Morey or NBA's business with Hong Kong/China and how they run their government? Is it America's responsibility?
I'm on the Hong Kong side but I know the devastating effect their freedom will have on mainland China and it's citizens, Macau and Taiwan. Let them figure it out and Americans mind their business. You don't see them teaching Americans how to run their country.
Morey's statement threatens a government of over 1.7 billion people and that's where he went wrong. Will Morey fix things when each citizens start acting like Americans do? grin grin LeBron was right to smoothen the water on this issue just like Adam Silver did. If it's anything about the U.S.A, everyone can say whatever they want because that's how things go in the US. The US system is totally different from the Chinese. If Morey was educated enough, he would know to have kept quiet on the issue.
If the U.S was perfect and Chinese looked up to them, I might understand the concern.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
yomi96:
when is the new season startin? This place don dry, we don tire for american football, i like patrick mahomes tho.
NBA starts in 7 days.

Early predictions
LeBron or Steph Curry MVP
Zion Williamson R.O.Y
Draymond Green D.P.O.Y
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
Lebron is nothing but a sellout and hypocritic social crusader. Suddenly he has realized that free speech is not actually free speech! that free speech has negative consequences. When you listen to him on his HBO series talk about the 1st amendment right and other social justice issues you would think he has the guts. This has everything to do with his $1 billion Nike endorsement deal and the fact that his movie "SpaceJ Jam 2" will actually premiere in China before the US. I would have had no problems if he was not such a talkative at home but this cat is the first to jump on any social justice issue. If you had nothing sensible to say especially over a very sensitive situation why not sidestep the question as Curry and Kerr did? But of course, he wants to always control the narrative.

If you are courageous enough to call a graduate of statistics from Northwestern with an MBA from a renowned institution like MIT "Uneducated" then it is fair to call Lebron an "Illiterate" and argue that his opinion about free speech stems from his illiteracy. We have to stop thinking we have to control the narrative of everything especially when they are occurring outside our country. China is not a developing country, it is a powerhouse and they have built their country from core values and principles that align with its culture and it has worked for them. This proves that we are not very versed in the life of other countries and always want to impose our own values on them even when it is not necessary.

Finally, this situation makes me question Adam Silver's leadership capabilities because he has not gotten a grip on this fiasco from day 1.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Wait!! What the f*ck is America, Morey or NBA's business with Hong Kong/China and how they run their government? Is it America's responsibility?
I'm on the Hong Kong side but I know the devastating effect their freedom will have on mainland China and it's citizens, Macau and Taiwan. Let them figure it out and Americans mind their business. You don't see them teaching Americans how to run their country.
Morey's statement threatens a government of over 1.7 billion people and that's where he went wrong. Will Morey fix things when each citizens start acting like Americans do? grin grin LeBron was right to smoothen the water on this issue just like Adam Silver did. If it's anything about the U.S.A, everyone can say whatever they want because that's how things go in the US. The US system is totally different from the Chinese. If Morey was educated enough, he would know to have kept quiet on the issue.
If the U.S was perfect and Chinese looked up to them, I might understand the concern.
stop sounding like you dont know the human right abuses and social injustice going on in Hk. Any sane person will condem it, Hk has some form of democracy and china is try to erode that, we all should condem it. he should focus on his community, you cannot encourage speaking out against injustice, then when morey does, you criticise him, that is hypocrisy. Are u living in china?
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:

NBA starts in 7 days.

Early predictions
LeBron or Steph Curry MVP
Zion Williamson R.O.Y
Draymond Green D.P.O.Y
cheesy cheesy cheesy
zion cannot live up to the hype, i doubt he will play up 2 70 games this season. What of the playoffs, B-)
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
Roland17:
Lebron is nothing but a sellout and hypocritic social crusader. Suddenly he has realized that free speech is not actually free speech! that free speech has negative consequences. When you listen to him on his HBO series talk about the 1st amendment right and other social justice issues you would think he has the guts. This has everything to do with his $1 billion Nike endorsement deal and the fact that his movie "SpaceJ Jam 2" will actually premiere in China before the US. I would have had no problems if he was not such a talkative at home but this cat is the first to jump on any social justice issue. If you had nothing sensible to say especially over a very sensitive situation why not sidestep the question as Curry and Kerr did? But of course, he wants to always control the narrative.

If you are courageous enough to call a graduate of statistics from Northwestern with an MBA from a renowned institution like MIT "Uneducated" then it is fair to call Lebron an "Illiterate" and argue that his opinion about free speech stems from his illiteracy. We have to stop thinking we have to control the narrative of everything especially when they are occurring outside our country. China is not a developing country, it is a powerhouse and they have built their country from core values and principles that align with its culture and it has worked for them. This proves that we are not very versed in the life of other countries and always want to impose our own values on them even when it is not necessary.

Finally, this situation makes me question Adam Silver's leadership capabilities because he has not gotten a grip on this fiasco from day 1.

smooshchn

(1) (2) (3) ... (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.