Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611426 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:38pm On Oct 16, 2019
donlittle25:
Wow. Congrats bro. You they sleep like this?

Lol, thanks much boss. We dey sleep small small. But when season start now, no sleep.. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:

grin grin

Congrats man. More blessings to you and your fam.

Just swipe the Dad card whenever I'm handing you those L. I'll be nice. grin cheesy

Thanks much Doc.
Handle me ke? Don't worry, we are a few days away from drafting and then kick off... grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN I Don join ó.

Since Navixsport Don pack up, how do I stream these NBA games
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
yomi96:
stop sounding like you dont know the human right abuses and social injustice going on in Hk. Any sane person will condem it, Hk has some form of democracy and china is try to erode that, we all should condem it. he should focus on his community, you cannot encourage speaking out against injustice, then when morey does, you criticise him, that is hypocrisy. Are u living in china?
That's why I said in on Hong Kong's side on this. Morey has no business as well as any NBA personnel. Not even America. Imagine U.S.A talking about human right abuses and injustice. I laugh in hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Roland17:
Lebron is nothing but a sellout and hypocritic social crusader. Suddenly he has realized that free speech is not actually free speech! that free speech has negative consequences. When you listen to him on his HBO series talk about the 1st amendment right and other social justice issues you would think he has the guts. This has everything to do with his $1 billion Nike endorsement deal and the fact that his movie "SpaceJ Jam 2" will actually premiere in China before the US. I would have had no problems if he was not such a talkative at home but this cat is the first to jump on any social justice issue. If you had nothing sensible to say especially over a very sensitive situation why not sidestep the question as Curry and Kerr did? But of course, he wants to always control the narrative.

If you are courageous enough to call a graduate of statistics from Northwestern with an MBA from a renowned institution like MIT "Uneducated" then it is fair to call Lebron an "Illiterate" and argue that his opinion about free speech stems from his illiteracy. We have to stop thinking we have to control the narrative of everything especially when they are occurring outside our country. China is not a developing country, it is a powerhouse and they have built their country from core values and principles that align with its culture and it has worked for them. This proves that we are not very versed in the life of other countries and always want to impose our own values on them even when it is not necessary.

Finally, this situation makes me question Adam Silver's leadership capabilities because he has not gotten a grip on this fiasco from day 1.

Another angle and I understand your point of view as it's the most possible reason for LeBron to do this. I didn't think it deep up to space jam and his Nike deal. Na True sha. LeBron sometimes is a snake. However, Morey had no business as well as anyone or anything America. Nobody holy pass. Let me add that I do believe that China did trespass and should have let Hong Kong be. The result of this whole thing could break their government and also it's hold on Macau and Taiwan. It's that serious. Morey should have known better. See, these Chinese people don't understand the concept of free speech, thought or ideas. Some were like "so why was America angry when 9/11 happened. The terrorists were just expressing their freedom of speech?". They are that naive and don't care about democracy. So Morey's tweet only made things worse and I don't think Adam Silver or LeBron should have added fire.

cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hardetayour:
SmooshCHN I Don join ó.

Since Navixsport Don pack up, how do I stream these NBA games
Just Google NBA Reddit. You'll find your way around. I'll post link to the sites when season starts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Just Google NBA Reddit. You'll find your way around. I'll post link to the sites when season starts.
I believe you.

Jaylen brown is holding out for a bigger offer after celtics offered him 4 year 80 Mill extension
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
yomi96:
stop sounding like you dont know the human right abuses and social injustice going on in Hk. Any sane person will condem it, Hk has some form of democracy and china is try to erode that, we all should condem it. he should focus on his community, you cannot encourage speaking out against injustice, then when morey does, you criticise him, that is hypocrisy. Are u living in china?
He's lived in China. I'm sure he knows the terrain better than any of us here
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
Roland17:
Lebron is nothing but a sellout and hypocritic social crusader. Suddenly he has realized that free speech is not actually free speech! that free speech has negative consequences. When you listen to him on his HBO series talk about the 1st amendment right and other social justice issues you would think he has the guts. This has everything to do with his $1 billion Nike endorsement deal and the fact that his movie "SpaceJ Jam 2" will actually premiere in China before the US. I would have had no problems if he was not such a talkative at home but this cat is the first to jump on any social justice issue. If you had nothing sensible to say especially over a very sensitive situation why not sidestep the question as Curry and Kerr did? But of course, he wants to always control the narrative.

If you are courageous enough to call a graduate of statistics from Northwestern with an MBA from a renowned institution like MIT "Uneducated" then it is fair to call Lebron an "Illiterate" and argue that his opinion about free speech stems from his illiteracy. We have to stop thinking we have to control the narrative of everything especially when they are occurring outside our country. China is not a developing country, it is a powerhouse and they have built their country from core values and principles that align with its culture and it has worked for them. This proves that we are not very versed in the life of other countries and always want to impose our own values on them even when it is not necessary.

Finally, this situation makes me question Adam Silver's leadership capabilities because he has not gotten a grip on this fiasco from day 1.

It's why I always laugh at the clowns that always brought up Jordan and complaining about his lack of social activism calling him a sellout and other idiotic arguments by Bronsexuals. Jordan never claimed to be an activist, even the charity he did he never broadcasted it for everyone to see.

However their faux activist is now nitpicking when and where not to fight for free speech and expression and I'm laughing watching Bronsexuals salaye their king's inconsistency and double standards.

Adam Silver is walking the same tightrope as LeNomad in the sense that he's created this air of a Left leaning cool guy commissioner but at the end of the day the bottom line is still revenue streams. He can't afford to completely pander to anti-China people
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:27am On Oct 17, 2019
Killrhymz:

olowuademola01@yahoo.com

Just checking, you are INNOCENT WARRIOR right? I think I sent an invite to your email - pls check, unless you are joel

Draft is this saturday, 4AM Pacific time. I apologize to california and mountain time people, but we gat peeps in china grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 6:56am On Oct 17, 2019
Brooklyn nets screwed Lakers..

In revenge,lakers screwed warriors cheesy

Nothing But Amazing!
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2019
birdman:

Just checking, you are INNOCENT WARRIOR right? I think I sent an invite to your email - pls check, unless you are joel

Draft is this saturday, 4AM Pacific time. I apologize to california and mountain time people, but we gat peeps in china grin

What is it in Nigerian time?
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

12 pm
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
Hardetayour:
12 pm

Should be 12 midnight Friday I suppose? I just want to be sure
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

i believe that is 12noon in nigeria, if my math is correct. if you have the app on ur phone it should show based on where you are
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:23am On Oct 18, 2019
birdman:

i believe that is 12noon in nigeria, if my math is correct. if you have the app on ur phone it should show based on where you are

Alright. I have seen it, 12noon Saturday. Thanks birdy
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:24am On Oct 18, 2019
Hardetayour:
12 pm

You are right. Thanks.
And Congratulations to me in advance for emerging Champion grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
KNIGHTBlaed:

You are right. Thanks.
And Congratulations to me in advance for emerging Champion grin grin
lemmaaoooo. You're drafting last abi
Re: The NBA Begins by oisujeh(m): 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
Commissioner birdman, what's the draft order. Make I begin write algorithm to draft my players grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2019
oisujeh:
Commissioner birdman, what's the draft order. Make I begin write algorithm to draft my players grin

same as last year..first round everyone picks according to playoff position last year. After that it is randomized.

AD finish you last year ba? Loool
Re: The NBA Begins by oisujeh(m): 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
birdman:

same as last year..first round everyone picks according to playoff position last year. After that it is randomized.

AD finish you last year ba? Loool
Lol yes o cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:36am On Oct 19, 2019
birdman:

same as last year..first round everyone picks according to playoff position last year. After that it is randomized
That's fair. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:16am On Oct 19, 2019
SmooshCHN:

That's fair. grin

should i stick with my man harden? I am afraid of d westbrook effect. decisions, decisions tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:13am On Oct 19, 2019
birdman:

should i stick with my man harden? I am afraid of d westbrook effect. decisions, decisions tongue
I've been thinking the same thing. Harden is still going to be the main handler which makes Westbrook a second option. Westbrook is also currently injured and had knee surgery over the summer. So I'm sure they'll watch his minutes. Go with Harden. No question.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2019
Guys!!! Shall we?
Birdman, Oisujeh, Hardetayour
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:01am On Oct 20, 2019
SmooshCHN:
I've been thinking the same thing. Harden is still going to be the main handler which makes Westbrook a second option. Westbrook is also currently injured and had knee surgery over the summer. So I'm sure they'll watch his minutes. Go with Harden. No question.

such wisdom grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2019
birdman:

such wisdom grin
Ojoro Commissioner sad

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:26am On Oct 21, 2019
Here's my honest preview of the coming NBA season.
https://candidbasketball.home.blog/2019/10/21/the-nba-is-back/
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
Time to re follow this thread

It's about to begin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
Zion out for 6-8 weeks.

Looks like Jaylen Brown got paid at last. The Celtics have bowed $115m/4 years
Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 10:41am On Oct 22, 2019
Jaylen brown got $115m

The rate of dishing out Max deals to NBA stars is so high these days.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2019
Nostradamus:
Jaylen brown got $115m

The rate of dishing out Max deals to NBA stars is so high these days.
at this rate, we'll all get Max. Just wait till it's your turn grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.