Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1614662 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2019
donlittle25:
lmao bruh, i was disgusted when i read that. Golf loun loun
Vlade Divac didn't draft Luka because he and Luka's dad are not in good terms grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
Haters gone say "it's just week 6"

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2019
A40:
But some thought he wouldn't ball because he was coming from the Euroleague, a league the casual NBA fan looks down on because the players are not stronger, bigger, faster and more athletic than players in the American system. We had people suggesting the youngest Euroleague MVP in history would be a bust
It's just sad that people let the media think for them. Even worse is when they just choose to be blind. How can you not see Doncic is playing more than his age? You just have to be blind at this point or just stubborn.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
SmooshCHN:
It's just sad that people let the media think for them. Even worse is when they just choose to be blind. How can you not see Doncic is playing more than his age? You just have to be blind at this point or just stubborn.
A lot of people just have Europhobia. They have bit into the narrative that any and everything European is slower and soft and what not. You would think guys like Dirk, Pau, Tony Parker, Giannis would have changed their narrative but apparently it's not the case
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
A40:

I have to ask for your medical reports at this point. You did confess to seeing a shrink to help you with your mental issues a while ago. No?

Because I never juxtaposed both countries as regarding their policies, I highlighted the fact that China had nothing to do with Hong Kong's development you confused and lying midget
It has everything to do with the development of a tributary because everything they do is with Chinas blessing.

Ohh this fool thinks he is still young. Unless you plan on checking out prematurely your 30's would be here in a flash. This turd is completely out of ammo
I'm a baby compared to you old man.

Oppression apologist
Incel

Shut up! He alluded to an MIT grad being uninformed about a matter he also knew absolutely nothing about

Morey tweeted his conscience you fool! There is literally no team in the league that stands to bear the brunt of that tweet than the Houston Rockets. Which surprise surprise he's the GM of. He could easily have lost his job. Very retarded of you to claim that was selfish and ignorant of him when he had more to lose than anyone else
He tweeted his conscience with no regard to how that affects others in the league. Every action someone in the NBA takes as far as this issue affects everyone else so as long its not a consensus agreement or at least a plurality, then its selfish. He wants to lose his job then maybe he should resign and move to hong kong and join the protests. Plus if he was so willing to lose his job why did he apologize afterwards? seems he didnt fully understand the ramifications of his actions and hence was ignorant of the issue. MIT or not, you can be a graduate and be uneducated or ignorant of an issue. You should know that better than anyone else.

Talking achieves nothing if it's not backed with action.

Where did I say LeNomad has not spoken for his community?
You said he didnt speak up when it counted? so it only counts when its hong kong? LOL! Miss me with that rubbish.

At odds with who? Fool nobody likes Trump. He gets booed at games in the country's capital and is arguably the most unpopular President in US history. A President we have Championship winning teams openly refusing to visit? FOH! Nobody is losing business because they are at odds with Trump
You're buying to this narrative as well? how gullible can a person be. He lost the popular vote by a few points and still has people willing to do anything for him. He has at least half the country behind his back and the way things look with dweebs the democrats are putting forward he'll probably get re-elected again. The same media that told you he wasnt going to win is telling you no one likes him. Donald trump is the true face of America, not the picture they're trying to paint. Hes polarizing, but he has his fans most of whom hate lebron and that does something to your brand. To say that his tense relationship with the right doesnt affect his brand and business is extremely ignorant.

Jordan never portrayed himself as a social crusader but he still did work in the community. Not everyone believes in playing to the gallery like your man
Good! Then why does the geordie shore get pissed when we say that hes not and try to paint him as that? Playing to the gallery like i said draws attention to issues and gets more people behind it.

Are you dyslexic? All LeNomad had to do was not criticize someone that did stand up for Hong Kongers that was literally all he had to do.

Stop acting like LeNomad was all by himself and got unwittingly dragged into this mess
He didnt criticize him for his views about hong kong, he criticized him for his timing and the fact that he ruined other NBA players trips potentially putting them in danger. And he was right!

There are people with different ailments still getting jobs. What proof do you have that all the people Barkley gave money or tried to give money were mentally ill. You're just too dense
You think its easy for mentally impaired people to get jobs? LMAO Like i said, it needs special attention and systematic change, its not for want of trying on their part.

What proof did jordan have that he didnt have an ailment to imply that he was homeless cause he was lazy? like i said, he may or may not be but the least you can do is not jump to conclusions. It was an insensitive assumption.

How is advising someone to get work that will provide a long term solution to their problem mocking them. You're dangerously obtuse. If work will not solve their problem is it continued begging that will?

Did you or Charles Barkley verify that any of these people were actually homeless
Like i said, a mentally ill person cant just walk into a job center and get a job, they need special attention.

I always give homeless people money and [MJ will] always slap my hand and say, ‘If they can ask you for spare change they can say ‘Welcome to McDonald’s, can I help you please?'”
This is the quote, its not a matter of a hypothetical.

WTF is this loon on about? What happens if there is no Charles Barkley to give them a few $$ tomorrow. I don't blame you anyway. Your almajiri mentality is at work here. You lot literally have a culture of begging and subservience and would rather give a man fish than teach him how to fish. So he will forever be at servitude. My bad
LOL You are starting to lose the plot and i love it. We're not perfect, we have our flaws. But i'd much rather that than a culture of crime violence immorality and fraud which might explain your insensitivity. We all have our flaws, some more than others but you know what they say about those who live in glass houses.

You're a confused numpty! Titles also count, Jerry Rice or whoever it is you have above Tom Terrific would not be rated that highly without the 3 rings he won at San Francisco. Jerry Rice was not throwing the football to himself you buffoon. He had Quarterbacks that fed him the ball

Tom Brady is the GOAT. Been to the most Superbowls, has the most playoff wins, most rings, most Superbowl TDs, most Superbowl MVPs. There is literally a video game GOAT edition named after Tom Brady
Shut up and listen to people that have been following the Sport while you were still tending to cattle in Funtua
LMAO And brady was throwing the ball to himself? he too had other teammates and of course that solid defense. You're bringing up bradys records but like i said, Rice has over a hundred so you're coming to a nuclear war with a strap. This man actually brought up a video game LOL Dude, i need a more cogent argument since you claim to know the sport and so far this is nonsense.

Resorting to bigotry just tells me your brain is incapable of putting together coherent arguments, you know you're losing woefully so you're taking the easy way out. I love it cheesy

This homoerotic nuisance is at it again. I don't blame you anyway. The internet is the only safe space for you to display your homoerotic ways without getting stoned to death
You're the one in love with Ronaldo not me.

Can you name just one title C.Ronaldo did not win in his time in Spain?

This buffoon claims Messi is a better scorer than Ronaldo because Ronaldo spent his formative years as a conventional winger while Messi had the luxury of playing as a false 9 since he turned 22.

Come and explain why Messi's superior abilities could not rescue his team from two of the biggest chokejobs in CL history
And one title messi hasnt won in spain? their teams have both won, but they didnt win it all. But individually their numbers dont lie. More goals, more assists, more accolades. Messi started as a right winger, hes been out scoring your man crush as basically a midfielder over the past few years, i'm still waiting for you to tell me the one thing ronnie does better than messi.

You use multiple accounts because you live a miserable life and NL is your only escape. Keep lying on bots. As if you're the only one on this forum. Somebody tell this foolish virgin hermit it would be a cold day in hell before a rank simp like you ever owns me in anything
LOL Okay. Its certainly not the man pushing forty who loves to throw comical insults on nairaland thats miserable. I guess the angels must have turned down the thermostat because everyone can see that i own you now. I am your father.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
A40:
Ignore the idiot. I have no qualms with anyone who prefers Messi, a purist might prefer Messi but to suggest that it's not debatable is borderline lunacy. Like someone saying Michael Jackson and Prince can't be compared. Each player has their respective appeal.

Interesting choice of words cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eruditor:

You might just be MENSA after all.

Was that ever in doubt? Besides, I'm the most objective person you'll ever meet. I deal with facts and facts only.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Interesting choice of words cheesy
Your gaydar is always active. I am not surprised
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2019
You know i made one promise when i came back to this thread. No more insults because i am a grown a-s man and i'm pretty proud of myself because i've remained true to that.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:

It has everything to do with the development of a tributary because everything they do is with Chinas blessing.
Ignoramus. They were chilling as far back as 97 when China were struggling

KarnBarlow:

I am not old enough to sire you so I can't be that old

KarnBarlow:

He tweeted his conscience with no regard to how that affects others in the league. Every action someone in the NBA takes as far as this issue affects everyone else so as long its not a consensus agreement or at least a plurality, then its selfish. He wants to lose his job then maybe he should resign and move to hong kong and join the protests. Plus if he was so willing to lose his job why did he apologize afterwards? seems he didnt fully understand the ramifications of his actions and hence was ignorant of the issue. MIT or not, you can be a graduate and be uneducated or ignorant of an issue. You should know that better than anyone else.
You're relentlessly obtuse. Name one team in the league with closer ties to the Chinese than the Rockets, just one. There is nobody that had more to lose than Darryl Morey and his organization.

The outrage on Morey's statement was bizarre and unnecessary, it was a personal statement on his personal account and a personal opinion not directly linked to the NBA or even the Rockets

Are you seriously asking why he apologized? You ask the most ret@rded questions

KarnBarlow:

You send when he didnt speak up when it counted? so it only counts when its hong kong? LOL! Miss me with that rubbish.
It counted when he needed to speak up or miss out on Chinese $$ and we know the route he took

KarnBarlow:

You're buying to narrative as well? how gullible can a person be. He lost the popular vote by a few points and still has people willing to do anything for him. He has at least half the country behind his back and the way things look with dweebs the democrats are putting forward he'll probably get re-elected again. The same media that told you he wasnt going to win is telling you no one likes him. Donald trump is the true face of America, not the picture they're trying to paint. Hes polarizing, but he has his fans most of whom hate lebron and that does something to your brand. To say that his tense relationship with the right doesnt affect his brand and business is extremely ignorant.
You have to go back to George W Bush to find the last President that lost a popular vote and even George Bush did not lose by 2 million votes.

If you think one of the most unpopular Presidents in recent history has more than half the country behind his back then you're sadly mistaken. Confusing the loud minority of MAGA folk as endorsement of Trump's popularity shows how confused you are. I have no qualms with Trump he is reasonably authentic and he has never portrayed himself to be who he is not. Don't confuse the Dems inability to present a strong candidate for Trump's popularity

LeNomad does not have problems with the right but mainly with MAGA apologists. It is naïve and ignorant on your part to think every right winger is in agreement with Trump and his policies. I'm sure in your ignorant mind LeNomad has no fans on the right

KarnBarlow:

Good! Then why does the geordie shore get pissed when we say that hes not and try to paint him as that? Playing to the gallery like i said draws attention to issues and gets more people behind it.
Who the fuq is pissed? It is pocket watching kangaroos like you that drag athletes and expect flawed human beings like you to fight your battles. Charles Barkley came out openly to say he's not a role model

There is no rule that says you must talk and draw attention to issues when you could rather do the background work to effect actual changes and empowerment. Neither approach is inferior to the other

KarnBarlow:

He didnt criticize him for his views about hong kong, he criticized him for his timing and the fact that he ruined other NBA players trips potentially putting them in danger. And he was right!
Shut up your smelling mouth you oppression apologist. He criticised him for not being educated about the issue at hand and not just the timing. Ohh and by the way if anything had happened to the NBA players as being opined then wouldn't that prove Darryl Morey's point anyway and perhaps make you wonder why they visited China in the first place.

KarnBarlow:

You think its easy for mentally impaired people to get jobs? LMAO Like i said, it needs special attention and systematic change, its not for want of trying on their part.
How do you tell who is mentally impaired and who is not? Stop reaching you Muppet! Do you go around the street verifying every beggar's mental health status? How realistic is that

KarnBarlow:

What proof did jordan have that he didnt have an ailment to imply that he was homeless cause he was lazy? like i said, he may or may not be but the least you can do is not jump to conclusions. It was an insensitive assumption.
If ten random able bodied men came to ask you for money on the street how many would you give money before you begin asking some questions. MJ did not jump into conclusions he gave a long term solution that any sensible human will agree with. Life is unpredictable but don't out of hate see black and call it white

KarnBarlow:

And I ask you again. How much longer can you give a homeless person money. Who gives him money the next week when he's spent the one you gave him last week

KarnBarlow:

LOL You are starting to lose the plot and i love it. We're not perfect, we have our flaws. But i'd much rather that than a culture of crime violence immorality and fraud which might explain your insensitivity. We all have our flaws, some more than others but you know what they say about those who live in glass houses.
Lmaooooooo what a clown. Don't even start! Did you just say crime, violence, immorality. Hahahaha I would pretend I didn't read that. You lot have the worst junkies and the most violent parts of the country. It's not even hate but pure facts and this Muppet is talking about glass houses. These jokes write themselves

KarnBarlow:

LMAO And brady was throwing the ball to himself? he too had other teammates and of course that solid defense. You're bringing up bradys records but like i said, Rice has over a hundred so you're coming to a nuclear war with a strap. This man actually brought up a video game LOL Dude, i need a more cogent argument since you claim to know the sport and so far this is nonsense.

Resorting to bigotry just tells me your brain is incapable of putting together coherent arguments, you know you're losing woefully so you're taking the easy way out. I love it cheesy
A Quarterback has more influence on a game than a WR.

Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing him the football. If you think Rice got his records without their help then you're more ret@rded than I initially feared. I dare you to name a top 10 WR or TE not named Randy Moss (0 Superbowl wins) or Rob Gronkowski (4 Superbowl wins without him) that played with Tom Brady

Btw come and list the 100 records Jerry Rice has you shameless liar. I put it to you that Tom Brady has more records than Jerry Rice

It's not bigotry if it's true. Keep using words above your pay grade. What is bigotry about rearing cattle?? Is it not a honest day's job? You're not just losing this argument but your mind as well it seems

KarnBarlow:

Ok homoerotic nuisance

KarnBarlow:

And one title messi hasnt won in spain? their teams have both won, but they didnt win it all. But individually their numbers dont lie. More goals, more assists, more accolades. Messi started as a right winger, hes been out scoring your man crush as basically a midfielder over the past few years, i'm still waiting for you to tell me the one thing ronnie does better than messi.
Ronaldo spent 9 seasons in Madrid won every trophy available and left.

No shyte Sherlock. I would expect a player who has played with lethal marksmen like Eto'o, Henry, Villa, Suarez,Neymar to gather more assists

The question is where were these goals and assists to save Barcelona from two of the biggest chokejobs in CL history.

You mean Messi could not score just one goal that would have saved his side from humiliation last season?? All these goals and no CL Finals for Messi since 2015. Lol

KarnBarlow:

LOL Okay. Its certainly not the man pushing forty who loves to throw comical insults on nairaland thats miserable. I guess the angels must have turned down the thermostat because everyone can see that i own you now. I am your father.
Lol I'm more than two democratically elected terms away from forty but go awffff. You would not be the first fool to confuse my moniker for my actual age.

I just love taking presidential dumps on your head for the fun of it. And when I'm through leave you questioning your mental state before deactivating your account

I would claim you as my seed but heaven forbid I sire a mentally retarded wasteman like you. I would rather be a Tibetan monk
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Nets fans silently praying Kyrie does not return from his injury
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Incel

You said he didnt speak up when it counted? so it only counts when its hong kong? LOL! Miss me with that rubbish.

You're buying to this narrative as well? how gullible can a person be. He lost the popular vote by a few points and still has people willing to do anything for him. He has at least half the country behind his back and the way things look with dweebs the democrats are putting forward he'll probably get re-elected again. The same media that told you he wasnt going to win is telling you no one likes him. Donald trump is the true face of America, not the picture they're trying to paint. Hes polarizing, but he has his fans most of whom hate lebron and that does something to your brand. To say that his tense relationship with the right doesnt affect his brand and business is extremely ignorant.

Like i said, a mentally ill person cant just walk into a job center and get a job, they need special attention.

Please what did Ronaldo start out as?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 25, 2019
A40:

Ignoramus. They were chilling as far back as 97 when China were struggling
And their economy is still robust now. Grew constantly after 1997 as well.

I am not old enough to sire you so I can't be that old
Your bald head would say otherwise. Imagine a man pushing 40 acting like a teenager on nairaland saying "i'm not that old" bruh...

You're relentlessly obtuse. Name one team in the league with closer ties to the Chinese than the Rockets, just one. There is nobody that had more to lose than Darryl Morey and his organization.

The outrage on Morey's statement was bizarre and unnecessary, it was a personal statement on his personal account and a personal opinion not directly linked to the NBA or even the Rockets
This is why LBJ was right, if you think that outrage was bizarre you're just as ignorant as daryl morey. China has zero tolerance when it comes to the unity of their regions, the rockets have influence in china which makes this even more sensitive. He as the GM came out and said something foolish that obviously his owners and the NBA had to distance themselves from. He made ignorant comments and he didnt understand their implications and he backtracked when he realized. Like i said, if he really cares about them he should resign and continue to speak up for them, surely he cant be working for people working for their oppressors no? But he wont will he? Like LBJ said, he was ignorant.

Are you seriously asking why he apologized? You ask the most ret@rded questions
Why would he? you said he tweeted his conscience? did that change cause of the outrage? LMAO! If thats truly his conscience why doesnt he stick by it and resign.

It counted when he needed to speak up or miss out on Chinese $$ and we know the route he took
All that doesnt negate all the times hes spoken up for his people. Like i said, Fvck the hong kongers. If the americans are so mad about china they should boycott nike apple and walmart while they're at it.

You have to go back to George W Bush to find the last President that lost a popular vote and even George Bush did not lose by 2 million votes.

If you think one of the most unpopular Presidents in recent history has more than half the country behind his back then you're sadly mistaken. Confusing the loud minority of MAGA folk as endorsement of Trump's popularity shows how confused you are. I have no qualms with Trump he is reasonably authentic and he has never portrayed himself to be who he is not. Don't confuse the Dems inability to present a strong candidate for Trump's popularity

LeNomad does not have problems with the right but mainly with MAGA apologists. It is naïve and ignorant on your part to think every right winger is in agreement with Trump and his policies. I'm sure in your ignorant mind LeNomad has no fans on the right
Lost by 2 million and still scored over 60 million votes. He lost by less than 2% of total votes so stop this nonsense about him being anonymously hated. Hes still popular enough that he gets picked over democratic candidates.

More ignorance, Lebron has had his issues with the right long before donald trump even entered the picture so its not just about the maga crowd. If you think alienating himself from a huge section of the country doesnt hit his pocket you need a refund from lagos polytechnic.

Who the fuq is pissed? It is pocket watching kangaroos like you that drag athletes and expect flawed human beings like you to fight your battles. Charles Barkley came out openly to say he's not a role model

There is no rule that says you must talk and draw attention to issues when you could rather do the background work to effect actual changes and empowerment. Neither approach is inferior to the other
LOL You can work to draw issues to public attention and increase a movements momentum and work behind the scene to improve these issues like LBJ does. Yes you dont have to speak up but dont expect us not to praise someone who does especially when your reason for shying away from these issues by self admission is selling shoes. Which is cool, but dont compare him to someone who does speak up anyway. Its foolish.

Shut up your smelling mouth you oppression apologist. He criticised him for not being educated about the issue at hand and not just the timing. Ohh and by the way if anything had happened to the NBA players as being opined then wouldn't that prove Darryl Morey's point anyway and perhaps make you wonder why they visited China in the first place.
But you just admitted both you and daryl werent educated on the issue seeing as you claimed the backlash was bizarre, meaning you dont know the sensitivity of the issue to china and how strong their ties are with the NBA. Again if morey is so right he should put his money where his mouth is and resign, i mean after you said he spoke his conscience, how does it allow him to still work for the rockets after they backed down to these "oppressors"

How do you tell who is mentally impaired and who is not? Stop reaching you Muppet! Do you go around the street verifying every beggar's mental health status? How realistic is that

If ten random able bodied men came to ask you for money on the street how many would you give money before you begin asking some questions. MJ did not jump into conclusions he gave a long term solution that any sensible human will agree with. Life is unpredictable but don't out of hate see black and call it white

And I ask you again. How much longer can you give a homeless person money. Who gives him money the next week when he's spent the one you gave him last week
Which is exactly why you dont jump into conclusion and accuse them of laziness. He didnt give a long term solution he made an uneducated comment and a dangerous generalization. Its not about the efficacy of giving them moment in that moment, its about having the empathy to if not ease a persons suffering in that moment not stop someone who was willing to. What do you think barkley did with that money afterwards? he just deprived a possibly disturbed person from a meal, he took away from him in the short term and added nothing to his life in the long term.

Lmaooooooo what a clown. Don't even start! Did you just say crime, violence, immorality. Hahahaha I would pretend I didn't read that. You lot have the worst junkies and the most violent parts of the country. It's not even hate but pure facts and this Muppet is talking about glass houses. These jokes write themselves
We certainly don't have the worst junkies contrary to your myths. I'm just going to say i'm ashamed of carrying my passport today, theres a reason nigerians are known worldwide for being nefarious beings and that has nothing to do with us. We still bear the brunt of it. At least evidence shows we can attribute our vices to illiteracy, whats your excuse? What did you say again about culture?

A Quarterback has more influence on a game than a WR.

Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing him the football. If you think Rice got his records without their help then you're more ret@rded than I initially feared. I dare you to name a top 10 WR or TE not named Randy Moss (0 Superbowl wins) or Rob Gronkowski (4 Superbowl wins without him) that played with Tom Brady
Btw come and list the 100 records Jerry Rice has you shameless liar. I put it to you that Tom Brady has more records than Jerry Rice
With the way the patriots have been playing in relation to the way their quarterback has been playing its clear you're overestimating his influence.

As for rice, its amazing isnt it? over a hundred, i understand why you'd think its impossible but it seems that was jerry rice. I can list them all here but there wouldnt be enough space, you can go and count for yourself. And after you do you should come back and admit hes the GOAT since his feats are so amazing you couldnt even believe them. Still has over a hundred after retiring about two decades ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_(individual)#Receptions

It's not bigotry if it's true. Keep using words above your pay grade. What is bigotry about rearing cattle?? Is it not a honest day's job? You're not just losing this argument but your mind as well it seems
So stereotyping people based on ethnicity isnt bigotry? like telling a black person to go play basketball or a jewish person to go count his money? You are a very crude person with poor home training, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ok homoerotic nuisance
LOL Like i said, im not the one trying to go where badr hari has been cheesy

Ronaldo spent 9 seasons in Madrid won every trophy available and left.

No shyte Sherlock. I would expect a player who has played with lethal marksmen like Eto'o, Henry, Villa, Suarez,Neymar to gather more assists

The question is where were these goals and assists to save Barcelona from two of the biggest chokejobs in CL history.

You mean Messi could not score just one goal that would have saved his side from humiliation last season?? All these goals and no CL Finals for Messi since 2015. Lol
LMAO so messi has more assists cause he played with better players? what about the past few seasons playing with washed up suarez and a bunch of kids? what about this season? Is he not a better passer and play maker than Ronaldo? why would he not have more assists? you keep telling me where barca comes short where all i'm waiting for is for you to tell me one thing ronaldo does better than messi and you've been dancing around that for the longest. After all where was your man when his team was getting flattened by Ajax (LOL) last season. I expect a proper response next time around. As a football player what does ronaldo do better than messi, its simple.

Lol I'm more than two democratically elected terms away from forty but go awffff. You would not be the first fool to confuse my moniker for my actual age.
LOL You are not even ashamed to admit this after all the foolishness you've been responsible for here.

I just love taking presidential dumps on your head for the fun of it. And when I'm through leave you questioning your mental state before deactivating your account

I would claim you as my seed but heaven forbid I sire a mentally retarded wasteman like you. I would rather be a Tibetan monk
cheesy
I deactivate my account every other sunday so thats a weird flex to say you make me do anything. I'd hope that pushing 40 i would not be on an anonymous forum arguing and throwing insults and getting fathered by kids half my age. Your life is a cautionary tale old man.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Khanben:

Please what did Rinaldo start out as

Go and read why i mentioned where messi started out. That was in response to him claiming ronaldo started out on the wings.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:11am On Nov 26, 2019
Bron gets no calls man. Shameful how bad the officiating on Bron has been this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 26, 2019
That settles it, i'm getting a KCP jersey. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:22am On Nov 26, 2019
Every friggin team goes bonkers against the lakers. Fvcking hell, why won't they just let us maintain our win streak and hype in peace?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 26, 2019
KarnBarlow:
Bron gets no calls man. Shameful how bad the officiating on Bron has been this year.

Guess it doesn't matter if hes just going to brick them anyway. So frustrating watching him sink a 30 footer and then brick a FT a second later.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:27am On Nov 26, 2019
Can't believe anyone with working eyes would watch Ben Simmons and suggest he has any type of MVP potential. Including our resident ret@rd here
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:30am On Nov 26, 2019
Giannis with the 50piece on the Jazz. I want to ask a question. For all of Giannis's limitations if you arm Anthony Davis with this same Bucks roster do you think he can lead them to a 14-3 record even with Middleton's absence

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 26, 2019
A40:
Can't believe anyone with working eyes would watch Ben Simmons and suggest he has any type of MVP potential. Including our resident ret@rd here

Someone said Simmons had MVP potential and you scoffed at him. Even Andrew Wiggins had MVP potential just because they didn't live up to it doesn't mean it never existed. As for simmons hes 23 and seems like he wants to improve jason kidd used to be ason kidd afterall. But theres no way anyone watched that 7 footer handle the ball and think he couldn't be as good as he wanted to be.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:23am On Nov 26, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Your bald head would say otherwise. Imagine a man pushing 40 acting like a teenager on nairaland saying "i'm not that old" bruh...
I'm not pushing 40 you obtuse Muppet. You're closer to 30 than I am to 40 you bipolar clown. And my hairline is intact btw, just because baldness runs in your lineage does not mean this applies to everyone else

KarnBarlow:

This is why LBJ was right, if you think that outrage was bizarre you're just as ignorant as daryl morey. China has zero tolerance when it comes to the unity of their regions, the rockets have influence in china which makes this even more sensitive. He as the GM came out and said something foolish that obviously his owners and the NBA had to distance themselves from. He made ignorant comments and he didnt understand their implications and he backtracked when he realized. Like i said, if he really cares about them he should resign and continue to speak up for them, surely he cant be working for people working for their oppressors no? But he wont will he? Like LBJ said, he was ignorant.
Outrage from whom and why?? If you think the outrage was not purely financial related then you're very foolish. The only thing this has exposed is a league that talks from both sides of it's mouth when it comes to human rights, free speech and any form of activism which your MCM is representative of

KarnBarlow:

Why would he? you said he tweeted his conscience? did that change cause of the outrage? LMAO! If thats truly his conscience why doesnt he stick by it and resign.
Will his resignation stop what is going on in China? What does that solve? Will the problem go away? This makes 0 sense

KarnBarlow:

Lost by 2 million and still scored over 60 million votes. He lost by less than 2% of total votes so stop this nonsense about him being anonymously hated. Hes still popular enough that he gets picked over democratic candidates.
Hated compared to past presidents. If the Democrats present a credible candidate Trump will lose woefully. Don't get it twisted

KarnBarlow:

More ignorance, Lebron has had his issues with the right long before donald trump even entered the picture so its not just about the maga crowd. If you think alienating himself from a huge section of the country doesnt hit his pocket you need a refund from lagos polytechnic.
What were the issues with the right? You do realize that whichever side you are perceived to represent would alienate you either from the right or the left one way or another. Stop being foolish and binary I'm sure you were taught better in that your Cyprus University

Whatever $$ he lost from the right he would surely gain from aligning with the left, who are more inclined to patronize his merchandise anyway.

KarnBarlow:

But you just admitted both you and daryl werent educated on the issue seeing as you claimed the backlash was bizarre, meaning you dont know the sensitivity of the issue to china and how strong their ties are with the NBA. Again if morey is so right he should put his money where his mouth is and resign, i mean after you said he spoke his conscience, how does it allow him to still work for the rockets after they backed down to these "oppressors"
You're incapable of critical thinking, you were too busy peddling drugs instead of paying attention in that your Cypriot community college. A random, isolated tweet should have been accepted for what it is and not the extremely polarizing response it got. That just shows you the kind of people they are in bed with, the idea that a tweet can put the lives of players at risk

He has chosen not to resign. Why not go and sack him. Anuofia

KarnBarlow:

Which is exactly why you dont jump into conclusion and accuse them of laziness. He didnt give a long term solution he made an uneducated comment and a dangerous generalization. Its not about the efficacy of giving them moment in that moment, its about having the empathy to if not ease a persons suffering in that moment not stop someone who was willing to. What do you think barkley did with that money afterwards? he just deprived a possibly disturbed person from a meal, he took away from him in the short term and added nothing to his life in the long term.
He didn't accuse them of laziness. He said someone that can ask you for money can work. How is that a laziness accusation? Who cursed you with such poor comprehension? Jeeez

How do you know they are suffering? For all you know the person could be a conman. They could be genuinely in need as well but how can you tell? How many people will Barkley be able to help? What happens if there is nobody to help tomorrow? Whether you like it or not it is not a feasible way to go in the long term. You might have an issue with the message but if you were not so filled with hate you would understand

KarnBarlow:

We certainly don't have the worst junkies contrary to your myths. I'm just going to say i'm ashamed of carrying my passport today, theres a reason nigerians are known worldwide for being nefarious beings and that has nothing to do with us. We still bear the brunt of it. At least evidence shows we can attribute our vices to illiteracy, whats your excuse? What did you say again about culture?
Lmaoooo you're so deluded it defies belief. You lot have a well documented drug problem. You do all types of drugs and alcohol (despite it being Haram in your parts) and pay the most lip service to religion. Just STFU and save us the lecture

KarnBarlow:

With the way the patriots have been playing in relation to the way their quarterback has been playing its clear you're overestimating his influence.
The Quarterback is 42. He's not supposed to be influential anymore. At his influential best he won 6 rings

KarnBarlow:

As for rice, its amazing isnt it? over a hundred, i understand why you'd think its impossible but it seems that was jerry rice. I can list them all here but there wouldnt be enough space, you can go and count for yourself. And after you do you should come back and admit hes the GOAT since his feats are so amazing you couldnt even believe them. Still has over a hundred after retiring about two decades ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_(individual)#Receptions
Just list 20. I can't be arsed to go through your uselessly fraudulent link. I would gladly do the same for Brady. You're quick to slander Tom Brady's achievements forgetting a WR needs a QB even more and Jerry was fortunate to have two of the best of all time throwing his way

KarnBarlow:

So stereotyping people based on ethnicity isnt bigotry? like telling a black person to go play basketball or a jewish person to go count his money? You are a very crude person with poor home training, you should be ashamed of yourself.
It's literally not bigotry you semi literate. Stop using words beyond your grasp you buffoon! There is nothing negative about tending to cattle, it is not a negative stereotype neither is it degrading or displaying of intolerance.

If I say Ibadan people like Amala a lot that does not make me a Bigot you blathering eediot

KarnBarlow:

LOL Like i said, im not the one trying to go where badr hari has been cheesy
You even keep track of people allegedly romantically linked with Ronaldo? Obsessed much. Gaylord

KarnBarlow:

LMAO so messi has more assists cause he played with better players? what about the past few seasons playing with washed up suarez and a bunch of kids? what about this season? Is he not a better passer and play maker than Ronaldo? why would he not have more assists? you keep telling me where barca comes short where all i'm waiting for is for you to tell me one thing ronaldo does better than messi and you've been dancing around that for the longest. After all where was your man when his team was getting flattened by Ajax (LOL) last season. I expect a proper response next time around. As a football player what does ronaldo do better than messi, its simple.
No-brainer. If you have Mbappe in your squad and your opponent has Rashford you're likely to rack up more assists

I keep telling you where Messi led Barca fell short because I would expect the so-called better passer and playmaker to make a difference where required not pad numbers against La Liga farmers and go missing in the business end of the biggest competition in Europe. Where were those goals and assists vs Chile?

Ronaldo won a friggin 3peat. Messi has not been to a CL Finals since 2015. Ronaldo scored all 4 goals Juventus scored in the K.O stage last season. Levels

KarnBarlow:

LOL You are not even ashamed to admit this after all the foolishness you've been responsible for here.
Ashamed? For undressing a nonce like yourself? What for?

KarnBarlow:

I deactivate my account every other sunday so thats a weird flex to say you make me do anything. I'd hope that pushing 40 i would not be on an anonymous forum arguing and throwing insults and getting fathered by kids half my age. Your life is a cautionary tale old man.
Whatever helps you sleep better at night. You need as much therapy as you can get. You're in your mid 20's suffering from MPD and you're spewing about cautionary tales. What a cretin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:34am On Nov 26, 2019
KarnBarlow:

Someone said Simmons had MVP potential and you scoffed at him. Even Andrew Wiggins had MVP potential just because they didn't live up to it doesn't mean it never existed. As for simmons hes 23 and seems like he wants to improve jason kidd used to be ason kidd afterall. But theres no way anyone watched that 7 footer handle the ball and think he couldn't be as good as he wanted to be.
Maybe the word MVP needs redefining. I laughed because seeing Ben Simmons skill set from the jump unless he bulks up like Giannis or Shaq or acquires a Jumpshot he would be nothing more than a tall and light skinned Rajon Rondo (but even Rondo took shots from time to time)

I see a player in his 3rd year who refuses to shoot from anywhere outside 10ft and yet is supposed to be a PG. Routinely shies away from the ball in the 4th. Cannot and will not shoot

Just the usual poverty triple doubles 12-15pts 10 rebounds, 10 assists. Ohh and we saw the basketball IQ earlier tonight

This is not me speaking out of beef. It's not that deep.

I didn't even believe he deserved ROY and I said it here times without number back in the day
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:35am On Nov 26, 2019
Lol OKC losing to a team trying to tank?? Aliondo don't tell me you're still supporting this useless team
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 26, 2019
A40:
Maybe the word MVP needs redefining. I laughed because seeing Ben Simmons skill set from the jump unless he bulks up like Giannis or Shaq or acquires a Jumpshot he would be nothing more than a tall and light skinned Rajon Rondo (but even Rondo took shots from time to time)

I see a player in his 3rd year who refuses to shoot from anywhere outside 10ft and yet is supposed to be a PG. Routinely shies away from the ball in the 4th. Cannot and will not shoot

This is not me speaking out of beef. It's not that deep.

I didn't even believe he deserved ROY and I said it here times without number back in the day

Fact of the matter is he was a 7 foot PG who was athletic and a brilliant passer with basketball IQ far ahead of his age. I think that qualifies him as a unicorn. Went number 1 in the draft and even though i agree donovan mitchell should have won and i was ridiculed for making that case on this very thread he was ROTY in his first season nonetheless. The consensus was he was a jump shot from being in the upper echelon of the NBA. Obviously he hasnt taken that next step and the fact that philly had and brought in more scorers stunted his growth on that end of the floor. I think part of why certain players improve is out of necessity, because they have to carry that offensive load and he doesn't have to now and he seems to have settled into a role.

I'm not arguing about what he looks like now, my problem is with denying that he had all the potential in the world to begin with.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:54am On Nov 26, 2019
Damn!!! This tanking thing is fúvked up. I know we suck but it's like they just decided to lose that game to OKC.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Damn!!! This tanking thing is fúvked up. I know we suck but it's like they just decided to lose that game to OKC.

12pt lead in the 4th quarter. I stopped checking. Only to see they lost. We are definitely tanking.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
A40:

I'm not pushing 40 you obtuse Muppet. You're closer to 30 than I am to 40 you bipolar clown. And my hairline is intact btw, just because baldness runs in your lineage does not mean this applies to everyone else
LOL No i'm not. You're 30+ and behaving like this, its still embarrassing. The fact that you're actually admitting to being over 30 like it makes it any better is just funny to me. I pray that in a few years when i'm in my mid 20s i don't have so much bile and petulance in me as you do now.

You sound like a bald person, you really really do. Bald people tend to be angry cheesy

Outrage from whom and why?? If you think the outrage was not purely financial related then you're very foolish. The only thing this has exposed is a league that talks from both sides of it's mouth when it comes to human rights, free speech and any form of activism which your MCM is representative of
Of course the NBA like all of america and frankly most bodies and nations is hypocritical and selectively moral. Dont blame someone for being a different kind of hypocrite.

Will his resignation stop what is going on in China? What does that solve? Will the problem go away? This makes 0 sense
Did him speaking up change anything? Actually him resigning for that cause would have been a lot more inspiring and would have achieved a lot more. Instead the hypocrite backtracked and apologized because he feared the repercussions for himself but didnt think about the repercussions for others.

Hated compared to past presidents. If the Democrats present a credible candidate Trump will lose woefully. Don't get it twisted
The fact that him losing comes with a caveat should tell you that he has his fans no matter how fragile.

What were the issues with the right? You do realize that whichever side you are perceived to represent would alienate you either from the right or the left one way or another. Stop being foolish and binary I'm sure you were taught better in that your Cyprus University

Whatever $$ he lost from the right he would surely gain from aligning with the left, who are more inclined to patronize his merchandise anyway.
He doesn't have to pick a side though. We see athletes playing both sides all the time to avoid incurring losses.

You know i've never been to Cyprus but Ayia Napa looks like it will be fun.

You're incapable of critical thinking, you were too busy peddling drugs instead of paying attention in that your Cypriot community college. A random, isolated tweet should have been accepted for what it is and not the extremely polarizing response it got. That just shows you the kind of people they are in bed with, the idea that a tweet can put the lives of players at risk

He has chosen not to resign. Why not go and sack him. Anuofia
If he chose not to resign maybe the cause is not worth fighting for after all. Maybe it wasnt his conscience that led him to tweeting that, i mean how can he work with people in bed with such monsters? Maybe if he wasnt willing to put his livelihood on the line he shouldnt put that of others.

He didn't accuse them of laziness. He said someone that can ask you for money can work. How is that a laziness accusation? Who cursed you with such poor comprehension? Jeeez

How do you know they are suffering? For all you know the person could be a conman. They could be genuinely in need as well but how can you tell? How many people will Barkley be able to help? What happens if there is nobody to help tomorrow? Whether you like it or not it is not a feasible way to go in the long term. You might have an issue with the message but if you were not so filled with hate you would understand
I'm all for long term solutions but what if you're not in a position to do something like that? i dont see him looking for long term solutions for homelessness. Does that mean you should never give to the down trodden at all or stop someone willing to help and assume the worst of them? Even if he isnt there the next day he was there on that particular day and he helped. That counts for something.

Lmaoooo you're so deluded it defies belief. You lot have a well documented drug problem. You do all types of drugs and alcohol (despite it being Haram in your parts) and pay the most lip service to religion. Just STFU and save us the lecture
Its a problem because it hasnt been normalized here like it has in some places. And i didnt start with the ethnocentrism, you did so...

The Quarterback is 42. He's not supposed to be influential anymore. At his influential best he won 6 rings
You mean the patriots won. So now that they're on pace for another ring how do you know what to attribute to his greatness or the rest of the team? this is the problem with team achievements and team sports.

Just list 20. I can't be arsed to go through your uselessly fraudulent link. I would gladly do the same for Brady. You're quick to slander Tom Brady's achievements forgetting a WR needs a QB even more and Jerry was fortunate to have two of the best of all time throwing his way
LOL Its 100% genuine, i cant do everything for you. You cant list as many records for brady as you can for rice. When it comes to numbers in the NFL rice is the king.

It's literally not bigotry you semi literate. Stop using words beyond your grasp you buffoon! There is nothing negative about tending to cattle, it is not a negative stereotype neither is it degrading or displaying of intolerance.

If I say Ibadan people like Amala a lot that does not make me a Bigot you blathering eediot
Theres nothing wrong with playing ball and making money either but they're still stereotypes. I dont know enough about you lot to understand your analogy but i know racial stereotyping is akin to bigotry. Just because i'm from the north you assume i rear cattles because thats all we're good for? SMH.

You even keep track of people allegedly romantically linked with Ronaldo? Obsessed much. Gaylord
They're romantically linked? I didnt know that, i just meant Ronaldos yacht but thanks for the clarification cheesy

No-brainer. If you have Mbappe in your squad and your opponent has Rashford you're likely to rack up more assists

I keep telling you where Messi led Barca fell short because I would expect the so-called better passer and playmaker to make a difference where required not pad numbers against La Liga farmers and go missing in the business end of the biggest competition in Europe. Where were those goals and assists vs Chile?

Ronaldo won a friggin 3peat. Messi has not been to a CL Finals since 2015. Ronaldo scored all 4 goals Juventus scored in the K.O stage last season. Levels
And compare who ronaldo has to who messi has this year, their assist numbers are still not comparable. I think play making is the last area you'd want to compare the two cause messi really sets himself apart here. I can also claim messi won 6 out of 6 available competitions in a year but we all know thats down to his team not just his individual brilliance. Again, theres not one aspect of the game where ronaldo trumps messi. I hate to admit it, but its a fact.

Ashamed? For undressing a nonce like yourself? What for?
Ewww, dude, phrasing. You should carry yourself with more grace and class befitting someone who is over the ripe age of 30. Dont be a curmudgeon.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night. You need as much therapy as you can get. You're in your mid 20's suffering from MPD and you're spewing about cautionary tales. What a cretin
LMAO I dont think advanced age is linked to MPD genius. Not in my mid 20s at least not until a few years but nice try. Like i said, by the time i'm in my mid 20s, i hope i have outgrown all the petulant tendencies you display. Its shameful.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 26, 2019
Eruditor:

12pt lead in the 4th quarter. I stopped checking. Only to see they lost. We are definitely tanking.

SmooshCHN:

And you're still doubting that your players bar Klay Thompson are faking injuries? How do you go from the NBA finals to the lottery? Shameless franchise.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:49am On Nov 26, 2019
Wait, who was guarding Embiid that made him to go 0-11 and 0 points? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 26, 2019
steady986:
Wait, who was guarding Embiid that made him to go 0-11 and 0 points? shocked

Marc Gasol mostly. Raptors have clamped LeBron Kawhi Lillard and now Embiid. Their defense is legit. But man, 0 points? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:52am On Nov 26, 2019
Eruditor:

You're tanking no doubt, but it's because you're bad grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.