Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,467 members, 7,781,356 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:02 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589852 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
One of Sports many mysteries because there is nothing you really can use to explain these undeniable patterns
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
benji93:
İ sincerely respect your opinion, but you better not quote that guy when you wanna present an argument to me. İ take most of his opinions with a pinch of salt. And i beg to differ, that's not in anyway ridiculous. . You may want to read his post again. He literally stated that Davis swept the Trailblazers. İn which planet did that happen ? İ repeat again, if Holiday had not kept lillard at bay, the complexion of that series would definitely have been different. At least you used 'they'. We are not talking about if AD produced the numbers while he played with Cousins(held his own), i was talking about how much games he was able to win in the post that came after the post you mentioned. İ have not in anyway slighted him with respect to his talents. This is the NBA where leading is on a different dimension and all the more complex, not college where your talent alone can put you over the top. İn the other post i clearly mentioned the number of games he played with Holiday and Cousins in the 2017/2018 season in which case they only managed to win half. İ maintain my stand, you can keep yours as well.
Haha! I understand bro. I have rules of engagement with everyone. No vex, I no go quote am for your matter again. grin
If you say Holiday kept Lillard mute then I can make subjective inferences until the world comes to an end. I can say Davis dominated the rim and kept Nurkic, Lillard and others away from the rim. Holiday did his assigned job as a guard and it contributed to the success of the team, so did AD on both ends. I can also say without the clutch shooting of K. Middleton last year, the Bucks would not have made the conference finals before choking a 2-0 lead to the Raptors.
I don’t know what or how you define leadership but it a very broad term and from the history of AD’s career he has shown he is a leader, maybe not your usual charismatic, in your face loud leader but every team he has played in from high school have always looked up to him as their leader and guess what he was up to the task. There are different styles of leadership, Curry does his with his on court performance while Green does the in your face thing.. but guess who the leader of the team is? Curry of course! How about S. Nash? He would rarely say a word on the court but Amare and the rest knew who their leader was! I will entertain arguments about stats, numbers and other but leadership? Or making his team or team mates better? That’s a no for me.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
What is wrong with you man. Stop mentioning my posts. grin
KarnBarlow:

If magic didnt have kareem and vice versa, if jordan didn't have pippen, if bron didnt have wade/kyrie, where would they be? So AD isn't allowed to have a sidekick? He got to the western semis and lost to the warriors through no fault of his own, i dont understand this obsession with 50 wins you have if he came through in the post season and demolished a higher seeded team. I don't know what exactly you want from this man yomi. Just stop with the senseless hate.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
benji93:
What is wrong with you man. Stop mentioning my posts. grin

Oh! I didn't know you were holding a grudge against Ersan. Have we interacted before?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
A40:
One of Sports many mysteries because there is nothing you really can use to explain these undeniable patterns

Its mind boggling! Hes obviously so talented. I've never seen an instance where a team is better off without such a good player. Its fascinating, i have never seen anything like this before.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
Charlievids:
Hey guys, check out this funny skit of Stephen A Smith and Terrell Owens.

T.O tells Stephen A that Max kellerman is Blacker than him, lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALItlyacME

grin grin grin black peoples ...smh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lebron missed half season, and playoffs. Yet everyone was talking about the king, even during and right after the Finals! Curry has missed a month? Durant, Klay missed a month? The league has moved on bros grin. Dont even know what they look like no mo' cheesy

Sometime, greatness is how your enemies cant get you off their minds. SAS and his followers in sifia pains
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
Your point is well taken. Obviously we have different opinions on what leadership means. İ believe leadership varies from one social environment to another. İn this case, i believe the mix of qualities that constitute good leadership at the college level is different from the NBA. Again it's hard to make a definitive conclusion on his leadership, cos you cannot find a full regular season sample in which he played alongside at least one other star. İt's either he got injured, or his co-star, for instance Cousins got injured for a stretch of time. But as i have presented, in 2017/2018 season , he played 42 of the first 48 games with Cousins and Holiday and they barely won half of their matches. This was in reference to the argument that Davis cannot do what Giannis' is doing at the moment(as an extension to our who is better or are they at the same level argument grin), given the fact that the Bucks are 7-0 without Middleton.
Roland17:

Haha! I understand bro. I have rules of engagement with everyone. No vex, I no go quote am for your matter again. grin
If you say Holiday kept Lillard mute then I can make subjective inferences until the world comes to an end. I can say Davis dominated the rim and kept Nurkic, Lillard and others away from the rim. Holiday did his assigned job as a guard and it contributed to the success of the team, so did AD on both ends. I can also say without the clutch shooting of K. Middleton last year, the Bucks would not have made the conference finals before choking a 2-0 lead to the Raptors.
I don’t know what or how you define leadership but it a very broad term and from the history of AD’s career he has shown he is a leader, maybe not your usual charismatic, in your face loud leader but every team he has played in from high school have always looked up to him as their leader and guess what he was up to the task. There are different styles of leadership, Curry does his with his on court performance while Green does the in your face thing.. but guess who the leader of the team is? Curry of course! How about S. Nash? He would rarely say a word on the court but Amare and the rest knew who their leader was! I will entertain arguments about stats, numbers and other but leadership? Or making his team or team mates better? That’s a no for me.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
The return.

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
A40:
AD would lead the Bucks to the Finals? Wetin man no go read for Obasanjo's internet grin grin

There goes our Leader the one and only AD.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
benji93:
I am sorry, I maintain my stand. Davis has never won above 50 games in any season, even when he was healthy and had a lot of help. In the 2017/2018 season when he had more than enough help- in fact I could argue that he had a co-star in Holiday who kept the opposing team's star guard( Lilliard) at 18.5 points while averaging 23.7 points, even scoring 41 in the final game. That was as important, if not more than any other factor in the sweep. In the 2016/2017 season where he had Holiday and Cousins for 18 games they lost more than half of their games. In the 2017/2018 he started 42 of the first 48 games with Holiday and Cousins, and they barely won half of their games. These may not be full season sample sizes, but they are good ones. If he was good enough a leader his team should have done better in those stretches. And don't give me the argument that Cousins and David didn't fit together, cos if he had half the leadership qualities u guys assume he could have been able to make it work. And don't bring the high school argument here. Who cares if he was a football(soccer) player or even a quarterback? grin. We are talking about his Nba career, you are talking about high school.
OK, so your issue is than he's not a leader. But my argument is that he's a better player

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
A40:
Good. So that means he is not carrying the load of facilitating like Giannis can. Which proves my point

It's not everything that needs argument.
Lol. When you're the primary ball handler you're bound to get high assists. AD is not the coach, so he can't make himself the primary ball handler.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2019
Jones vs Reyes Official

Tony vs Khabib set for 2020

What a time to be alive.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
steady986:

Lol. When you're the primary ball handler you're bound to get high assists. AD is not the coach, so he can't make himself the primary ball handler.
If you like make him kindergarten ball handler he can't pass like Giannis. And I'm sure there is a reason why he's never been a primary ball handler on any NBA team (don't tell me he was a PG in high school)

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lmaoooo I'm fed up with the internet fam

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:43am On Nov 28, 2019
A40:
Lmaoooo I'm fed up with the internet fam

grin grin I swear I can’t deal!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:59am On Nov 28, 2019
benji93:
Your point is well taken. Obviously we have different opinions on what leadership means. İ believe leadership varies from one social environment to another. İn this case, i believe the mix of qualities that constitute good leadership at the college level is different from the NBA. Again it's hard to make a definitive conclusion on his leadership, cos you cannot find a full regular season sample in which he played alongside at least one other star. İt's either he got injured, or his co-star, for instance Cousins got injured for a stretch of time. But as i have presented, in 2017/2018 season , he played 42 of the first 48 games with Cousins and Holiday and they barely won half of their matches. This was in reference to the argument that Davis cannot do what Giannis' is doing at the moment(as an extension to our who is better or are they at the same level argument grin), given the fact that the Bucks are 7-0 without Middleton.
Guess who has the franchise record for most points, rebound and blocks for the Pelicans? Oh yes, it’s AD and he still ranks 6th in the all time assist category for the Pelicans. That is the on court evidence of leadership, no questions asked. He did on the court with different team mates mostly bums. Leadership transitioned from college to the NBA for him. AD was an all star before any of Cousins or Holiday joined him in New Orleans.
The Bucks are 7-0 without Middleton in what stage of the season? I don’t think the Bucks are playing for the regular season so that record is irrelevant. Whenever it happens in the post season you can check that box.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:39am On Nov 28, 2019
Celtics really hate Kyrie

I gotta ask too is this Bradley Beal nigga Kenyan? His cardio is off the chain. While the rest of the league is load managing this dude barely sits more than 2 mins each quarter. Almost a travesty that he gets to waste his prime with the Wizards
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 28, 2019
You can tell the pelicans circled this date. Jrue Holiday especially is out to prove a point, so is AD. Fun duel.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 28, 2019
This whole force feeding AD thing is putting the other players out of rhythm. And for goodness sake play some defence, seems Avery Bradleys more important to this team than i thought. And Bron stays bricking FTs its shameful to watch at this point!
Re: The NBA Begins by oxladexo(m): 5:50am On Nov 28, 2019
WhatsApp group for NBA fans:
https://chat. whatsapp.com/JUI0fMyDa1o5UJX6DROnLH
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:50am On Nov 28, 2019
KarnBarlow:
This whole force feeding AD thing is putting the other players out of rhythm. And for goodness sake play some defence, seems Avery Bradleys more important to this team than i thought. And Bron stays bricking FTs its shameful to watch at this point!

its ok. this game is not the goal of the season
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2019
It will be a miracle if the lakers win this but hear me, hear me now, the Lakers are a fraud!

And Josh Hart was not in good terms with lakers fans after the podcast debacle, hes not doing himself any favors after today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 28, 2019
TIE GAME!!!

BTW The pelicans are playing dirty!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 28, 2019
BRON!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 28, 2019
birdman:

its ok. this game is not the goal of the season

These are the games you should be winning if you want to be a top seed though. And the lakers have tough fixtures ahead if they become comfortable playing this badly and winning then they are going to have a very tough couple of weeks ahead. After the pelicans and the wizards, theres a storm ahead.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 28, 2019
KarnBarlow:
BRON!!!!

Going to work! The Closer!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 28, 2019
Didn't want to get on the Rondo hate train but man its glaring how much better the team plays without him on both ends. The Lakers have some very difficult decisions to make, they need a wing and now apparently a more reliable back up PG. Caruso has been great but its more about his defence and hustle and from what i've seen this season isnt a capable floor general.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 28, 2019
We're coming for you Kareem!

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 28, 2019
Kuzma! Big time shot! Really may be this lakers' james worthy.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:24am On Nov 28, 2019
KarnBarlow:

These are the games you should be winning if you want to be a top seed though. And the lakers have tough fixtures ahead if they become comfortable playing this badly and winning then they are going to have a very tough couple of weeks ahead. After the pelicans and the wizards, theres a storm ahead.

games like these are more mind games than skill. coming from 10 down on the road in a hostile arena is a good sign
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:25am On Nov 28, 2019
Don't we all love the game of basketball? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.