Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617219 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 10:51am On Jan 01, 2020
DeeMain:

So many GSW fans have now joined the KD is a snake and villain and was gifted rings bandwagon all of a sudden because KD criticized aspects of their tactics or because they have to defend a fallible management by all means by hook or crook?

Won him 2 rings. Lol. Same narrative you all have been attacking in his defense with your souls all these years.

Smh.

Fanhood will make a riveting subject of research in our Ivory towers.

Interesting times.

i meant the system he criticized after he left won him 2 rings...that meant it worked, even with all the hoopla about him practically saying otherwise. He got a lot out of it the whole thing....the lore, the rings, championship pedigree. And we also did too, but you don't see any of our players talking about him in anyway that's unseemly. Just don't say anything and leave, its your choice, but, no, you had to justify why you left.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:27am On Jan 01, 2020
So loving this my thunder team...

Meanwhile, Doncic is just a beast...If they have two of him on that Mavs team, the teàm will be a force to reckon with...Guess that's why they signed Kristap...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 11:28am On Jan 01, 2020
Wetin kd do again grin

Happy new year guys

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2020
DeeMain:

So many GSW fans have now joined the KD is a snake and villain and was gifted rings bandwagon all of a sudden because KD criticized aspects of their tactics or because they have to defend a fallible management by all means by hook or crook?

Won him 2 rings. Lol. Same narrative you all have been attacking in his defense with your souls all these years.

Smh.

Fanhood will make a riveting subject of research in our Ivory towers.

Interesting times.

Uncle, stop being dramatic for the fun of it. It's a two way street here. As a Warriors fan, we could make a case that the Warriors gave him 2 rings and we can also say he gave us two rings. The reality is that the Warriors won one without him and 2 with him. Both parties won benefited here. That's what fans on this thread stood for so if you saw were any Warriors fan called him a snake or villian, quote it and if not just come out like some already have and let us know you're trolling.

Same tactics that made him join is what you're calling criticizing. Same tactics that got him the two rings he worked for. The Warriors can never do anything good with you guys. Suddenly y'all became KD's attorney after like 3yrs of bashing him and the Warriors. grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:55am On Jan 01, 2020
SIRcumalot:
Wetin kd do again grin

Happy new year guys
Dude. Welcome back grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
aliondo:
So loving this my thunder team...

Meanwhile, Doncic is just a beast...If they have two of him on that Mavs team, the teàm will be a force to reckon with...Guess that's why they signed Kristap...
CP3 is a Point God. There's levels to this point guard thing.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
SmooshCHN:
CP3 is a Point God. There's levels to this point guard thing.

Imagine him and K.D instead of Russ?? sad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
SIRcumalot:
Wetin kd do again grin

Happy new year guys

Chei...Welcome back bro....you too dey dissappear abeg..lol...Happy New year to you and your family. ..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Uncle, stop being dramatic for the fun of it. It's a two way street here. As a Warriors fan, we could make a case that the Warriors gave him 2 rings and we can also say he gave us two rings. The reality is that the Warriors won one without him and 2 with him. Both parties won benefited here. That's what fans on this thread stood for so if you saw were any Warriors fan called him a snake or villian, quote it and if not just come out like some already have and let us know you're trolling.

Same tactics that made him join is what you're calling criticizing. Same tactics that got him the two rings he worked for. The Warriors can never do anything good with you guys. Suddenly y'all became KD's attorney after like 3yrs of bashing him and the Warriors. grin

From Warriors fans on this thread:

"KD is not a victim. He is not a martyr in all this."

"In a few years we will revisit who helped who. Whether GSW helped KD or KD helped GSW. "

"I don't even need to be one of the higher-ups to know what he did. I laughed when I saw a post saying KD said nothing against the Warriors. In fact, the only thing he did not say was the one he knew that if he did, they would sue him for. Every other thing he said."

"But GSW that won KD rings he would have never won anywhere else are scum."

Some Warriors fans questioning his rings and his contributions is a ripple that resurrects D. Green's unwarranted insults on him and identifies with the KD is a snake and has plastic rings crusade. I do not expect that from Warriors fans. It's a betrayal and it makes your enemies, people like Ersan happy grin

I respect KD. The most I have ever pointed out here about him was the weak move he made. I have never slandered him nor called him any name whatsoever.

My point is some of your guys are now no better than than those you"ve lampooned here for dissing him.

KD is not perfect, he has never been. He is very emotional and sometimes allows it to get in his way. It's a fact and it was pointed out here many times to which many of you leapt to his defense . So what has changed? An emotional KD is a constant. True, he should have kept quiet about tactics but he didn't attack nor damage anything to warrant being left out in that tribute or the slander by some.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
I'm so glad the golden state warriors have been exposed. I've always known there was something shady about that organization with their whole holier than thou act. So fake! They are more hollywood than the lakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
donlittle25:
only way I will give them a pass is if Kevin Durant said they should not add him in it.
This is the only acceptable and logical defense for that action
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
You know who i blame for all of this? Steph curry! It is no secret that Steph curry is a horrible teammate and breeds a toxic environment and thats what chased away kevin durant. Won't be surprised if hes responsible for all of this. Through all that baby face kayfabe i know theres a prima donna in there. No surprise hes not playing this season, he knows without klay or kd hes going to shimmy all the way to the lottery. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
I kid, I kid. Of course! Everyone knows i love the notorious choker about as much as smooshchn loves lebron.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
Do you not see that fate is inexorable?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nostradamus: 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
aliondo:

Nostradamus, this would have been a tougher comparison..or what do you think? ?
i always thought Klay is miles ahead of beal ni. That's why I didn't ask for comparison between beal and Klay Thompson.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
Tundesam923:
always? Lmao. How the system doesn't work?(won you 2 rings!!!)The same system he talked glowingly about? Why it was the main reason he wanted to join and that he was tired of isos? He said a lot of things right after he left. Rachel nichols had to interview steph about it. You should look it up. Not a good look for gsw, but don't make the guy the victim, martyr of this story, he's not...

Once you start crying more than the bereaved objectivity is thrown out the window. That is why I just read some nonsense here and laugh.

There is always, the high way or the petty way. Both parties took the latter. KD had been petty after he left (anyone who is being objective will know) but GSW should have taken the highway (we- GSW fans, all agree).

But you see this fake moral pedestal where the organization takes the highway while the player is allowed to be petty? It is rubbish. That is the hypocrisy I won't stand for.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
Tundesam923:
i meant the system he criticized after he left won him 2 rings...that meant it worked, even with all the hoopla about him practically saying otherwise. He got a lot out of it the whole thing....the lore, the rings, championship pedigree. And we also did too, but you don't see any of our players talking about him in anyway that's unseemly. Just don't say anything and leave, its your choice, but, no, you had to justify why you left.

You are intelligent. Forget all those epistles with "I never slandered him I only called his move a weak one". Call me when you find a greater hypocritical statement than that.

Man left GSW and said I was not part of them. They did not draft me. Did they draft Iggy? No but Iggy was instrumental to their first ring. KD were you not instrumental to the other 2?

Throwing shade at SC. Including announcing your decision when SC told you he was flying to NY to see you (of which you approved) only to do it when he was in flight. SC by his nature will forgive you, but there is no guarantee the organization will.

All the players and staff are saying great things about you even when after the D. Green issue, KD was ONLY speaking to Quin Cook. The warriors downplayed it.

System was not working? LOL. System went 16-1 when you followed it. As soon as the ISO balls racked up, we almost lost to Rockets. It would have happened had KD not gone down game 5. Funny, soon as he does, GSW beats Rockets comfortably in games 5&6.

That is why I maintained here, with Klay fit, my money was still on GSW against Raptors. Nobody can deny the kid can score for fun. But he was doing so in OKC and winning nothing. He needed a winning formula with willing teammates to win. He got both, but still complained.

Just like some funny coaches here that will criticise a coach for winning because he did not win the way they wanted him to win. You will see comments criticising Steve Kerr meanwhile the seasons he is being criticized man won 67-15 and a ring and 58-24 and another ring. LOL

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
SmooshCHN:

GSW won rings for KD. Not the other way around. But he earned his rings..he was not carried along like say Matt Barnes or Quin Cook.

Anyone arguing that is just living in a fool's paradise. All that hogwash about how the Cavs figured GSW out is for the marines. Remember when they said same when CP3 went down for the Rockets? Well CP3 was there. Harden there. E. Gordon there. All had big games especially game 6 at their ground. There was no KD. GSW still beat them. That is the evidence we have.

Same people who kept telling us asterisk for our first ring are the ones who crowned Kawhi the best thing since sliced bread for beating a depleted GSW 4-2.

LOL
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
One can argue that this narrative you(Eruditor) are putting out runs deep in the Warriors organization and that D. Green only gave vent to a widely held perception that they don't need him. If this holds true, then one can also argue that KD felt disrespected or unappreciated at the Warriors.

You lost 2016, you went all out to seek for and get the ultimate assurance, KD of all people, deuces! He needs a ring desperately, you need another ring, badly. You win 2 rings with him and all of a sudden, you are hearing we don't need him and we would have won without him. That's BS.

An emotional KD will fight back. And he did.

KD is not perfect. KD had no father figure in his childhood. This explains his insecurities and weaknesses and caprices. I understand that. But to discount his contributions to the Warriors 2 rings? Haba!!!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
DeeMain:
One can argue that this narrative you(Eruditor) are putting out runs deep in the Warriors organization and that D. Green only gave vent to a widely held perception that they don't need him. If this holds true, then one can also argue that KD felt disrespected or unappreciated at the Warriors.

You lost 2016, you went all out to seek for and get the ultimate assurance, KD of all people, deuces! He needs a ring desperately, you need another ring, badly. You win 2 rings with him and all of a sudden, you are hearing we don't need him and we would have won without him. That's BS.

An emotional KD will fight back. And he did.

KD is not perfect. KD had no father figure in his life. This explains his insecurities and weaknesses and caprices. I understand that. But to discount his contributions to the Warriors 2 rings? Haba!!!

When Green acted a fool here...I called him out and was happy he was suspended. D. Green did not represent the organization until KD accepted he was not falling in line.

Remember, the issue they had was Green not conceding the ball to KD in the dying seconds of that Clippers game and KD being angry. Green's argument was "stop treating me like I am some bum, I was doing this before you got here and we were winning as well". Was Green wrong? Yes.

So what is the KD issue now? It was the underlying fact that he started acting like what was working before he got there and was part of the reason he came was no longer working and that he had a better strategy.

It explained why he got passive in the first 2 games against the Clippers in the P/Os. It was a subtle way of rebelling but it backfired. GSW blew the Clippers out in the first game and were doing so again when Curry fouled out in game 2. We lost that game 2 dramatically and the " they know who I am" talk came out.

He was bonkers but the games were close. Why? Iso ball makes the other players off-rhythm. Why Kerr hates it even though it works sometimes.

Fast forward to the Rockets series and the same trend. Curry is suffering. So is Klay. But KD is making buckets for fun. Before long..Rockets figure us out and the series is tied 2-2. The way we are going..we are looking like losing. Then fate happens..KD goes down..we go back to ball movement. Iggy..Curry etc have big games. We beat them.

Nobody said we did not need him. He EARNED his rings. He was instrumental. But the notion that GSW were past it and needed KD to get over the hump. Complete and utter nonsense and the evidence alludes to it.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
aliondo:

Imagine him and K.D instead of Russ?? sad
CP3, KD and Adams. Adams is so underrated.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
On this thread we have spent pages calling out the fans, players and hierarchy of different NBA organizations including teams that are not usually represented on this thread so debating a decision a big franchise like the Warriors made should not be an exception neither should it be sensationalized. I think it is rather unfair to label people because they hold a varying opinion about a specific decision made by the Warriors.

On the current topic of debate, below are excerpts from Curry’s response to KD’s comments. Please pay close attention to the last paragraph and tell me the difference between KD’s comment and Curry’s thoughts. Are both comments are not similar to what KD said! Is Curry not buttressing KD’s comment? But of course, it is because it came from KD.

Nichols went on to ask Curry about Durant’s quote to the Journal that the Warriors’ motion offense worked only “to a certain point” in the playoffs.

“Well, I don’t care what plays we ran,” Curry said. “We won two championships. And at the end of the day, we had a lot of talent and there was an expectation of us figuring out how to balance all that. And we talked a lot about it throughout the three-year run.

It wasn’t always perfect, but I think in terms of, you know, the results and what we were able to do on the floor, that kind of speaks for itself. We all want to play iso-ball at the end of the day in some way, shape or form. But I’d rather have some championships, too.”

So please tell what KD said that is abominable, “talking rubbish”, egregious, distasteful and disrespectful to burden him with the pitiable decision made by the Warriors hierarchy.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
Roland17:

So please tell what KD said that is abominable, “talking rubbish”, egregious, distasteful and disrespectful to burden him with the pitiable decision made by the Warriors hierarchy.

Curry simply took the high road.

What I meant by saying KD was talking rubbish about GSW is that he was throwing shades rather than taking the high road. But because you like KD he is allowed to be petty.

1. KD said I will never be one of them. That is to allude to the fact that he never truly felt appreciated. They are THEM and I am ME.

2. That I HAD to create stuff on MY OWN (I am paraphrasing). THEIR set up was not working.

3. THEY did not force me to play when I was hurt. THEY are them. I am ME. Again. Disunity.

4. Best PG I have PLAYED WITH in the NBA is Kyrie. A player he HAS not played with. Yet he won 2 RINGS with Curry.

5. My favorite PG currently playing is Damian Lillard. At that point Curry is playing. Kyrie is injured.

6. SAS asks him about Curry's injury. "Nobody likes it when another player is injured". Not addressing Curry as a personal friend who is hurt and what not.

There are many more of these things he was saying.

Don't you think it is funny that Warriors in that 3 min video even used players that were there during a losing streak but were drafted? It was petty. To leave KD out like he had been claiming and alluding to.

That I don't agree with them for doing it does not mean he was not being petty. That is why I agreed with Tundesam923. KD should have just thanked the organization and deflected questions about why he left.

I can also tell you why he was doing those things to Curry. Simply because Curry rightly listed Lebron as the SF in his all-time greats team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
Of course, what is petty about that. As someone would say he was just being honest. grin. I am just waiting for the organization's take on the matter.

Eruditor:

What I meant by saying KD was talking rubbish about GSW is that he was throwing shades rather than taking the high road. But because you like KD he is allowed to be petty.

1. KD said I will never be one of them. That is to allude to the fact that he never truly felt appreciated. They are THEM and I am ME.

2. That I HAD to create stuff on MY OWN (I am paraphrasing). THEIR set up was not working.

3. THEY did not force me to play when I was hurt. THEY are them. I am ME. Again. Disunity.

4. Best PG I have PLAYED WITH in the NBA is Kyrie. A player he HAS not played with. Yet he won 2 RINGS with Curry.

5. My favorite PG currently playing is Damian Lillard. At that point Curry is playing. Kyrie is injured.

6. SAS asks him about Curry's injury. "Nobody likes it when another player is injured". Not addressing Curry as a personal friend who is hurt and what not.

Don't you think it is funny that Warriors in that 3 min video even used players that were there during a losing streak but were drafted? It was petty. To leave KD out like he had been claiming and alluding to.

That I don't agree with them for doing it does not mean he was not being petty. That is why I agreed with Tundesam923. KD should have just thanked the organization and deflected questions about why he left.

I can also tell you why he was doing those things to Curry. Simply because Curry rightly listed Lebron as the SF in his all-time greats team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
benji93:
Of course, what is petty about that. As someone would say he was just being honest. grin. I am just waiting for the organization's take on the matter.

LOL

Don't forget when he left. We did a video thanking him. We said we will retire his jersey. In warriors game of the decade 2 of his shots were there.

So when did things change?

After he did those interviews and was throwing shade. That is why I think they did what they did.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
GS fans. Wow! You lot are one of a kind.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Eruditor:

Curry took the high road but from the embolden quotes, we know he shares the same sentiment KD shared about the offense, so what’s the problem?
To be honest, I can type explanations for each point you have made against KD and that is because they are not egregious to me, they are primarily emotional and sentimental because you have expectations of the specific words he should have used.
Isn’t it funny that Curry can talk about his preferred players but when KD expresses himself it is a problem.
The question about his departure will always be asked, no matter how much he deflects it, it would always come up. I don’t think he said anything out of bounds in the said interview that should be seen as disrespectful to the organization or Kerr. A player of his status has earned the right to express himself albeit respectfully.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
steady986:
GS fans. Wow! You lot are one of a kind.

i think you mean the fans they gathered in the last 5 years. Im not even sure their current fan base actually like bball. Nothing wrong with that, but it explains how folks who were worshipping Durant one season can be justifying him being dissed like this.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Roland17:

Curry took the high road but from the embolden quotes, we know he shares the same sentiment KD shared about the offense, so what’s the problem?
To be honest, I can type explanations for each point you have made against KD and that is because they are not egregious to me, they are primarily emotional and sentimental because you have expectations of the specific words he should have used.
Isn’t it funny that Curry can talk about his preferred players but when KD expresses himself it is a problem.
The question about his departure will always be asked, no matter how much he deflects it, it would always come up. I don’t think he said anything out of bounds in the said interview that should be seen as disrespectful to the organization or Kerr. A player of his status has earned the right to express himself albeit respectfully.

GSW don't have the right to choose who they want in their video but KD has the right to be petty?

So if they ask SC the best SF he has ever played with in the NBA he should say Lebron since it is his choice?

Curry did not agree with KD. He took the high road. He did not want to appear petty. That is the difference.

The points KD made don't need to be egregious to you. They were not to me either. They were rubbish though and petty. That does not mean I agree with leaving him out of the video but that will be my explanation for why they did. There is a difference.

At the end of the day. If I put on rose-coloured glasses. Everything I see will be red. So KD can never be wrong to you and that is perfectly fine.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
birdman:

i think you mean the fans they gathered in the last 5 years. Im not even sure their current fan base actually like bball. Nothing wrong with that, but it explains how folks who were worshipping Durant one season can be justifying him being dissed like this.
It's funny how y'all slandered KD and the Warriors for 3yrs straight. The Warriors couldn't even breathe. They retired his jersey and already posted a thank you video but you guys said it was eye service. It was fake. Yes, it was wrong they left him out as every fan here agreed but now y'all suddenly acting like he was family member all along. It's not that deep but since it's the Warriors, the hate must fly.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
This dude is a certified clown. What happened to his reason for retirement? Jesus spoke to him overnight or what?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
SmooshCHN:
This dude is a certified clown. What happened to his reason for retirement? Jesus spoke to him overnight or what?

YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!

The two most pressing needs for the lakers. A playmaker and a defensive wing. He more than fills the needs of the former. The fact that hes a good shooter is an added bonus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.