Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611011 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
sad

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Tundesam923:
i get. But it speaks to a certain lack of confidence In your QB when the team runs the football this much... 30 carries? The best teams are the ones who have always been able to do both! It shows a lot about your offense and how predictable it is...vrabel has been a doing a Phenomenal job with the play calling tho'. tannehill job has practically been- "get out of way and let henry cook, and maybe don't make a mistake". A game manager! And am trying to remember when a team has won a super bowl with a Qb like that in this era. Joe flacco? He was cold as ice in their 2012 superbowl... 11 touchdowns, no picks.
You're overreacting here. They led the entirety of the game which made it unnecessary to require any type of passing game.

The Ratbirds didn't score a touchdown till midway through the 4th and so since they were not chasing the game the sensible thing to do was to keep feeding Derrick Henry. And when you're armed with a power back you have to keep feeding him the ball till the defense can't take the pounding no more.

Did you see what he did to Earl Thomas who was flapping his gums all week? One stiff arm and he was spinning in the opposite direction. These guys after some time start making business decisions and literally refuse to tackle this man. Tannehill does not need to do anything crazy or heroic. He's a competent QB who just needs to keep it simple where required. Wilson was a 'game manager' when the Seahawks won, Peyton Manning was even worse
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
Lool what's happening with the Chiefs!
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
A40:
You're overreacting here. They led the entirety of the game which made it unnecessary to require any type of passing game.

The Ratbirds didn't score a touchdown till midway through the 4th and so since they were not chasing the game the sensible thing to do was to keep feeding Derrick Henry. And when you're armed with a power back you have to keep feeding him the ball till the defense can't take the pounding no more.

Did you see what he did to Earl Thomas who was flapping his gums all week? One stiff arm and he was spinning in the opposite direction. These guys after some time start making business decisions and literally refuse to tackle this man. Tannehill does not need to do anything crazy or heroic. He's a competent QB who just needs to keep it simple where required. Wilson was a 'game manager' when the Seahawks won, Peyton Manning was even worse
earl thomas got what he deserved!!! Lmao. And to the Peyton manning/wilson comparison, they had all time great defense; legion of boom- bobby Wagner, Sherman, kam, cliff avril, thomas et al. and for the denver broncos- von miller, demarcus ware and elite pass rushers and cornerbacks have always provided more value to winning than a RB. My point is I don't think you can win that way if your defense ain't all time!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
21-0 and still in the first quarter. The Chiefs are getting destroyed
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Tundesam923:
i know how surreal Henry is! And that offensive line? Sheesh! My reservations are about the QB. You have to be a do more than 7 passes for 88 yards. There is less of a margin of error with this offense. Teams could at least in theory slow King henry, and force tannehill to beat them In the air. then what?

I don’t necessarily believe Tannenhill needed to throw more than or do more than he did last night. Infact, one of the reasons the Ravens lost last night was because L. Jackson tried to do too much, rather than get help from his team, I will also blame Jim Harbaugh for some bad play calls. He carried all 3 4th & 1 possessions and they failed to convert all three.
Vrabel had a strategy going into the game and they executed it to the T, you can tell the Titans spent a lot of time studying film and they were rewarded. Dominate the line of scrimmage on both ends, manage throws and don’t do anything excessive because it was not needed. Simply put, don’t beat yourself.
Even when Tannenhill threw the ball, he was quite accurate and smart with his progressions. It’s all about the right system bro, Tannenhill fits the system in this offense. As for D. Henry, did you notice the Ravens resorted to lifting his legs off the ground as the only means of getting him down? That was how bad he had bullied them, I would imagine they all questioned their masculinity after the game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ohh my Lord Patrick Mahomes. No lead is safe with this man. Ogini na fio

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
This man completed a 24 point comeback in a little over half a quarter

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
A40:
Ohh my Lord Patrick Mahomes. No lead is safe with this man. Ogini na fio

Assinn, 4 TD in a quarter. Patrick Mahomes just led drives that resulted in 5 TDs in 12 minutes let that sink in, if the chiefs can figure out a way to pay him without gutting their team on all 3 sides of the ball, they will win multiple SBs with him at QB ( injuries permitting).
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
Khanben:

Assinn, 4 TD in a quarter. Patrick Mahomes just led drives that resulted in 5 TDs in 12 minutes let that sink in, if the chiefs can figure out a way to pay him without gutting their team on all 3 sides of the ball, they will win multiple SBs with him at QB ( injuries permitting).
The only way to beat Mahomes is to keep him off the field. I don't know how Tom Brady was able to do it last year. I keep hearing about Rodgers but Rodgers was never this good. After Tom Brady this kid is surely next in line

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
41-24. 6 unanswered touchdowns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
A40:
The only way to beat Mahomes is to keep him off the field. I don't know how Tom Brady was able to do it last year. I keep hearing about Rodgers but Rodgers was never this good. After Tom Brady this kid is surely next in line

The Chiefs defense was crap last year and even at that it took Deford lining up offsides for the patriots to win (The patriots deserved the win, just pointing out the circumstances).
IMHO if the chiefs needs to continually invest in the O-line and their pass rush while Mahomes is still playing, they will be contenders each year.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
A40:

Rodgers was that good the packers just had the wrong GM for most of his prime. I remember watching an interview from one of the veteran D-line men who was cut after Rodgers won his first SB he said I am paraphrasing. The GM said they will build the defense from the draft and even if they are not good that Rodgers will carry them, and that stupid decision cost Rodgers his prime.
Imagine if the packers had chased FA through all these years the way they did this off season, Rodgers might have won more than 1.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
My Homie is having the game of His life Here. He might not be the best Football player but He is definitely the best QB in football.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:07am On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:

The Chiefs defense was crap last year and even at that it took Deford lining up offsides for the patriots to win (The patriots deserved the win, just pointing out the circumstances).
IMHO if the chiefs needs to continually invest in the O-line and their pass rush while Mahomes is still playing, they will be contenders each year.
In every game there are always circumstances involved. If Rashad Mendenhall didn't fumble that ball maybe Aaron Rodgers has 0 Superbowl wins by now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:10am On Jan 13, 2020
Patrick Mahomes is the best player in the league. The difference between him and Lamar Jackson we saw it today. You're watching the game and the minute Kansas scored the very first touchdown you knew the Chiefs were back in it despite needing 3 scores. You knew there was too much ball left to play. That's the difference between the Brady's, Mahomes and the rest. The inevitability, the fact that you know your lead is never safe
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:19am On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:

Rodgers was that good the packers just had the wrong GM for most of his prime. I remember watching an interview from one of the veteran D-line men who was cut after Rodgers won his first SB he said I am paraphrasing. The GM said they will build the defense from the draft and even if they are not good that Rodgers will carry them, and that stupid decision cost Rodgers his prime.
Imagine if the packers had chased FA through all these years the way they did this off season, Rodgers might have won more than 1.
Nope. Rodgers was never as good as this electricity I'm watching from Mahomes rn. I have seen all of Rodgers. From getting outplayed by old man Kurt Warner in his debut to his one magical run in 2011.

The next year nko? They went 15-1 in the regular season only to get torched by Eli Manning and the Giants at HOME!! After that na back to back L's to Colin Kaepernick of all people both home and away. Then he had the lead and couldn't seal it vs Seahawks. Blew a 16pt HT lead

Got outplayed by Carson Palmer, then completely got wrecked by the Falcons and Matt Ryan.

Don't get me started. I have a laundry list of Aaron Rodgers and his postseason chokejobs and under-performance

And please don't tell me he had no help. James Jones, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson

And before you bring up the defense let me remind you that Tom Brady once took a 31st ranked defense (in yards) to the Superbowl.

Who are the free agents that the Patriots chased when they were winning all those SBs? This ain't the NBA, free agents guarantee you next to nothing more often than not.

Aaron Rodgers is overrated. There is no reason he shouldn't have made more than one Superbowl if he is as great as being purported. I've already seen enough of Mahomes to confidently tell you his peak is and will be higher than Aaron Rodgers, it will be on him to maximize it and looking at him today I wouldn't bet against him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:27am On Jan 13, 2020
That Texans coach and DC need to be fired before the end of the game though. Great as Mahomes is you still shouldn't turn a 24 point lead to a 20 point deficit
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:40am On Jan 13, 2020
If we're talking about players whose prime was wasted you start with Drew Brees who was saddled with literally the worst defenses in league history. There was a season they gave away 7000 yards (that's not a typo)

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:15am On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
That Texans coach and DC need to be fired before the end of the game though. Great as Mahomes is you still shouldn't turn a 24 point lead to a 20 point deficit

Totally Agree, they now have only 2 more years with Watson on his rookie contract. They need to make a change now
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:23am On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Nope. Rodgers was never as good as this electricity I'm watching from Mahomes rn. I have seen all of Rodgers. From getting outplayed by old man Kurt Warner in his debut to his one magical run in 2011.

The next year nko? They went 15-1 in the regular season only to get torched by Eli Manning and the Giants at HOME!! After that na back to back L's to Colin Kaepernick of all people both home and away. Then he had the lead and couldn't seal it vs Seahawks. Blew a 16pt HT lead

Got outplayed by Carson Palmer, then completely got wrecked by the Falcons and Matt Ryan.

Don't get me started. I have a laundry list of Aaron Rodgers and his postseason chokejobs and under-performance

And please don't tell me he had no help. James Jones, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson

And before you bring up the defense let me remind you that Tom Brady once took a 31st ranked defense (in yards) to the Superbowl.

Who are the free agents that the Patriots chased when they were winning all those SBs? This ain't the NBA, free agents guarantee you next to nothing more often than not.

Aaron Rodgers is overrated. There is no reason he shouldn't have made more than one Superbowl if he is as great as being purported. I've already seen enough of Mahomes to confidently tell you his peak is and will be higher than Aaron Rodgers, it will be on him to maximize it and looking at him today I wouldn't bet against him.

I absolutely agree that Mahomes peak will be greater than Rodgers.
As for Patriots if you give Rodgers Belichick he might not win 6, but he will damn sure win more than 1,
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:03am On Jan 13, 2020
It is a sacrilege that A. Jones did not make the Pro Bowl!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:14am On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:
It is a sacrilege that A. Jones did not make the Pro Bowl!

Wait I thought it was Smith that did not make the pro bowl. Those voting are on something then, who went ahead of him I wonder
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:22am On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:

Wait I thought it was Smith that did not make the pro bowl. Those voting are on something then, who went ahead of him I wonder

Take a guess? E. Elliott was picked ahead of Jones!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:34am On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

Take a guess? E. Elliott was picked ahead of Jones!

It is now a popularity contest then
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:28am On Jan 13, 2020
Russell Wilson might just pull this off
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:
Russell Wilson might just pull this off

Yea right!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Jan 13, 2020
@A40
Come and pay homage to the GOAT and you better show some RESPECT while doing it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:15am On Jan 13, 2020
The Hawks overachieved IMHO, this season. If they Draft well, next season they can take another step especially on defence and TE.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:20am On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

Yea right!

He tried though
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 13, 2020
The NBA just really isn't the same without uncle drew. Makes you think just how less exciting this season is without KD Klay and Wardell. Especially now that everything's more balanced. Hopefully everyone's fit next year and we get what the warriors have deprived us for years now.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:
@A40
Come and pay homage to the GOAT and you better show some RESPECT while doing it!

Hahaha I was waiting for this comment. I knew you were simply just waiting for this game to End.

No mind A40 with his Aaron Rodgers is overrated diatribe

(1) (2) (3) ... (1484) (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.