Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1610579 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2020
PED taking Car Vandalising Julian Edelman is the Patriot's Ed Block Courage Award Reciepient. You could not make this shyte up if you tried.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:32am On Jan 13, 2020
Isn't AD from Chicago? How are you from Chicago and you support the Packers? Lmaoooo is this guy for real? Lol and KD is supposed to be the cupcake

Roland17:
@A40
Come and pay homage to the GOAT and you better show some RESPECT while doing it!
Lool what nonsense homage? Because he was carried by Aaron Jones against that patchwork Seahawks squad that had to beg a 33 year old BeastMode to come back from retirement we won't hear word again.

We shall see how he fares against a real pass rush. And we will listen to una excuse then
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:36am On Jan 13, 2020
chic2pimp:

Hahaha I was waiting for this comment. I knew you were simply just waiting for this game to End.

No mind A40 with his Aaron Rodgers is overrated diatribe
Be honest with yourself. Can Rodgers do what Mahomes did last night? Can he do what Tom Brady did at SB LI?

Come and show me one instance where you were watching a game with an Aaron Rodgers team down 3 scores and you knew his team still had a fighting chance because Aaron Rodgers is at QB?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Isn't AD from Chicago? How are you from Chicago and you support the Packers? Lmaoooo is this guy for real? Lol and KD is supposed to be the cupcake

Lool what nonsense homage? Because he was carried by Aaron Jones against that patchwork Seahawks squad that had to beg a 33 year old BeastMode to come back from retirement we won't hear word again.

We shall see how he fares against a real pass rush. And we will listen to una excuse then

You better watch what you say about the GOAT! I knew you would be so DISRESPECTFUL with your comments, Show some RESPECT!
I told you every one in his category has move on from being the center piece of their respective offense, the difference is the GOAT is doing better now. Brady and Brees are both gone and the GOAT is now the Lone Ranger! Put some RESPECT to that name!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
chic2pimp:

Hahaha I was waiting for this comment. I knew you were simply just waiting for this game to End.

No mind A40 with his Aaron Rodgers is overrated diatribe

If my paddy can compare the GOAT to B. Bortles he would. The man just hates Rodgers and I don’t understand it.
I mean, you can hate a player but be RESPECTFUL about his record. Among his peers, he is the only one standing! The other are out or broken.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Be honest with yourself. Can Rodgers do what Mahomes did last night? Can he do what Tom Brady did at SB LI?

Come and show me one instance where you were watching a game with an Aaron Rodgers team down 3 scores and you knew his team still had a fighting chance because Aaron Rodgers is at QB?

Go and ask long suffering Bears about the 20-0 comeback win in 2018.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

We are talking playoffs you're talking regular season against the hapless Bears. The same team that flogged your Aaron Rodgers 44-20, Tom Brady came back from 25 points down to beat. There are levels
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

If my paddy can compare the GOAT to B. Bortles he would. The man just hates Rodgers and I don’t understand it.
I mean, you can hate a player but be RESPECTFUL about his record. Among his peers, he is the only one standing! The other are out or broken.

That is one thing I don't get especially from sport fans. They are a lot of great performers in sports that I don't like but that does not mean they don't deserve immense respect for their craft. The way some people talk about some players if you don't know better you might think those players are scrubs.
PS: For me it is Novak Djokovic, I just don't like him, maybe because he disrupted a bit the Rafa Rodger rivalry, but I will also maintain that he is as talented and productive a tennis player I have ever seen
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

You better watch what you say about the GOAT! I knew you would be so DISRESPECTFUL with your comments, Show some RESPECT!
I told you every one in his category has move on from being the center piece of their respective offense, the difference is the GOAT is doing better now. Brady and Brees are both gone and the GOAT is now the Lone Ranger! Put some RESPECT to that name!
Lool which kin nonsense GOAT? Stop over hyping that guy where I'm at. Tom Brady has been to 3 straight Superbowls winning 2. The one he lost he threw 3 TDs and 500+ yards.

Don't compare Tom Terrific to that overrated Aaron Rodgers. He is not fit to hold Tom Brady's cleats. He is not as good as Peyton Manning never mind GOAT Brady
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

What is hatred in me stating Aaron Rodgers is overrated? If you told me for example that Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 QB all time I'm sure nobody would argue with you, not even me. However for anyone to suggest he is better than Tom Brady is erroneous and disrespectful.

Tom Brady did not lead his team to 9 Superbowls to be compared to Aaron Rodgers.

Among what peers? Didn't Rodgers miss the last two playoffs altogether?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
We are talking playoffs you're talking regular season against the hapless Bears. The same team that flogged your Aaron Rodgers 44-20, Tom Brady came back from 25 points down to beat. There are levels

One guy had the number 1 defense and the other had the number 21 defense. Tony Romo put it best, "there are two constants in SB winning teams a great owner and a great/good defense"
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:

One guy had the number 1 defense and the other had the number 21 defense. Tony Romo put it best, "there are two constants in SB winning teams a great owner and a great/good defense"
Tom Brady has won a Super Bowl with the 24th ranked defense. Try another excuse.

Drew Brees did it with a 20th ranked defense
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:

You are going to have to show me 2 great QB’s that have come back from such deficits then because now you dey shift post! Neither Brady nor Brees have done such in the playoffs so does that mean Mahomes is better than both? I knew you would drink the bottle of DISRESPECT before typing! There is only one GOAT and he lives in Lambeu! Show some RESPECT and you better be nice and pray the 49ers come through. Else?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Tom Brady has won a Super Bowl with the 24th ranked defense. Try another excuse.

Which SB
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

You are going to have to show me 2 great QB’s that have come back from such deficits then because now you dey shift post! Neither Brady nor Brees have done such in the playoffs so does that mean Mahomes is better than both? I knew you would drink the bottle of DISRESPECT before typing! There is only one GOAT and he lives in Lambeu! Show some RESPECT and you better be nice and pray the 49ers come through.
Are you joking? Did you watch Superbowl LI when GOAT Brady overturned a 28-3 deficit in a quarter and half? Passing for almost 300 yards and Two TDs to get his team back in the game?

Don't compare him to Rodgers. There are levels to this. Small boy Mahomes is showing his working and with a Superbowl or two will easily surpass Rodgers. Right now he is already doing things Rodgers was incapable of doing in his prime and is already the most naturally gifted QB I've ever seen. There is literally no crutch left for your Rodgers to stand

Mschewww. Is it today Aaron Rodgers has started flopping in NFC Championship games? He's either blowing 16pt leads or getting beat by 24pts as per usual. Even you are not holding your breath. Need I remind you they lost 37-8 to this 49ers not too long ago
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:

Which SB
Tom Brady's very first win vs the Rams. Drew Brees also won a SB with the 20th ranked defense in 2010. Like I said you don't have any excuses
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:

Brees has enjoyed the best balance in offense, tearing numerous records, where is he now? Brady and Brees have done their thing, allow the GOAT to do his thing!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:

These are the rankings of Brady's defense the years he won the SB according to Pro football focus.
2001-6th
2003-1st
2004-3rd
2014-8th
2016-1st
2018-7th
So please tell me your source on the 24th defence. The saints did win with the 20th defense but we should remember with all due respect to his regular season heroics it was against probably the biggest choker as a QB in the playoffs Peyton Manning.
The defense stat is not a dogma, but it does give a large correlation score anyway you look at it

PS:Brady is the undisputed goat and the only reason he is not 9-0, is that 2 times the giants pass rush eat him alive and his defense could not stop anybody against Foles.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Are you joking? Did you watch Superbowl LI when GOAT Brady overturned a 28-3 deficit in a quarter and half? Passing for almost 300 yards and Two TDs to get his team back in the game?

Don't compare him to Rodgers. There are levels to this. Small boy Mahomes is showing his working and with a Superbowl or two will easily surpass Rodgers. Right now he is already doing things Rodgers was incapable of doing in his prime and is already the most naturally gifted QB I've ever seen. There is literally no crutch left for your Rodgers to stand

Mschewww. Is it today Aaron Rodgers has started flopping in NFC Championship games? He's either blowing 16pt leads or getting beat by 24pts as per usual. Even you are not holding your breath. Need I remind you they lost 37-8 to this 49ers not too long ago

HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU!!
So much DISRESPECT in one post! You better take some of those words back!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Tom Brady's very first win vs the Rams. Drew Brees also won a SB with the 20th ranked defense in 2010. Like I said you don't have any excuses

Vs the Rams, his defense was Ranked 6th, by the way. Let's clear that part
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
Anyone who reads @A40’s post would think Rodgers is playing with 7 pro bowlers! For this season alone, outside of D. Adams who can we say is legitimate threat? Rodgers is doing stuff with Lazard, Kumoro, MVS, Allison and a washed up Graham. Jones is a product of Rodgers and the system so what’s up with the DISRESPECT?
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:

Come on Bro we are talking about one of the Greatest QBs of all time here. Ofcourse He can. I know you don't like Rodgers but common now.

Roland17:

How about this? Or does that not count?
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:
Anyone who reads @A40’s post would think Rodgers is playing with 7 pro bowlers! For this season alone, outside of D. Adams who can we say is legitimate threat? Rodgers is doing stuff with Lazard, Kumoro, MVS, Allison and a washed up Graham. Jones is a product of Rodgers and the system so what’s up with the DISRESPECT?

All the Packers receiving corps save D Adams, are undrafted.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
Khanben:

These are the rankings of Brady's defense the years he won the SB according to Pro football focus.
2001-6th
2003-1st
2004-3rd
2014-8th
2016-1st
2018-7th
So please tell me your source on the 24th defence. The saints did win with the 20th defense but we should remember with all due respect to his regular season heroics it was against probably the biggest choker as a QB in the playoffs Peyton Manning.
The defense stat is not a dogma, but it does give a large correlation score anyway you look at it

PS:Brady is the undisputed goat and the only reason he is not 9-0, is that 2 times the giants pass rush eat him alive and his defense could not stop anybody against Foles.
That's solely for points allowed. Not for passing and rushing defense which factors every other thing including yardage and first downs

This so-called biggest choker Peyton Manning you speak of still got to 4 Superbowls. Of course you could argue he should have gotten to more but what do we now say of the likes of Rodgers who has only been to 1.

It is good that you agree Brady is the best. We have no arguments then
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU!!
So much DISRESPECT in one post! You better take some of those words back!!!!
Where is the lie? I know the truth is bitter than Guinness but what can we do?

Did Brady not come back from a 25 pt deficit?
Did Rodgers not blow a 16pt lead?
Did Rodgers not lose by 24 pts to the same team Brady beat?
Is Mahomes not more naturally gifted than Rodgers?

Where is the lie?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:

Brees has enjoyed the best balance in offense, tearing numerous records, where is he now? Brady and Brees have done their thing, allow the GOAT to do his thing!
He has the best balance on offense yet his #1 WR has 100 more receptions than anyone else? They were so desperate they tried to get Antonio Brown

Anyway I'm not really bothered as I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers will join them at home next week as he has been joining them for the past 8-9 seasons
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:

Ahhhh I see your wahala now. Rodgers is being compared to Brady and because in your opinion Brady is better player that automatically makes Him overrated not so? It does not work like that Bro.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
Roland17:
GOAT Brady was winning Superbowls with Danny Amendola and Chris Hogan. Try another excuse dawg.

Wes Welker became an all-Pro under Brady. Wes goddamn Welker an undrafted borderline midget receiver was entering NFL record books thanks to Tom Brady. When you talk of QBs that can bring the most out of average to mediocre receivers don't even go there
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
chic2pimp:

Ahhhh I see your wahala now. Rodgers is being compared to Brady and because in your opinion Brady is better player that automatically makes Him overrated not so? It does not work like that Bro.
Rodgers is overrated. The fact that people have him in the GOAT Convo ahead of the likes of Peyton Manning simply says he is overrated. I get his appeal to the average purist. His play is easy on the eye, however I'm seeing more finesse from this small boy Mahomes than the Aaron Rodgers people are raving about. And believe you me he has an even higher ceiling

I've also noticed people don't like talking about Rodgers chokejobs and failure to deliver in the playoffs like they do with Manning and others, somehow it is always everyone else's fault but Rodgers
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:
Rodgers is overrated. The fact that people have him in the GOAT Convo ahead of the likes of Peyton Manning simply says he is overrated. I get his appeal to the average purist. His play is easy on the eye, however I'm seeing more finesse from this small boy Mahomes than the Aaron Rodgers people are raving about. And believe you me he has an even higher ceiling

I've also noticed people don't like talking about Rodgers chokejobs and failure to deliver in the playoffs like they do with Manning and others, somehow it is always everyone else's fault but Rodgers

People don't generally regard Rodgers as the GOAT. he is generally regarded as the most talented QB to play the game and because of that at his best has the most influence on a game.
IMHO the greatest and most talented are not the same, so people should stop mixing those two up.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
Don't mind me, I'm just going to leave this right here...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
A40:

The fact that You and I amongst many others are having this convo says He should rightly be placed amongst the Upper echeloens of QBs to have ever played the game. After all there will be no debate if there was no truth to it. Also a few comments above you actually said you'd have no qualms if someone placed Rodgers as a Top 5 QB of all time. That alone tells me that He is not overrated as GOAT arguments can be made for pretty much each Member of that exclusive club. Joe Cool,Brady, Manning, Rodgers et al.

Mahomes is ahead of the Curve and in the next decade or so from now, We might very well be mentioning His name as a Top 5 QB of all time however for the time being let us be guided please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1485) (1486) (1487) (1488) (1489) (1490) (1491) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.