Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616946 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:32am On Mar 07, 2020
Guys guys the mavericks are coming, they are not ready to win it all this year but they look like the 3rd best team in the west already.
They give me the vibes of the golden state team that eliminated Denver and took the spurs to 6 games.
Porzingis is on fire on both ends of the floor and doncic is a superstar and closer. Hardaway and Seth curry have taken a leap this season.

Rick Carlisle is also a good coach.
The lakers and Clippers will be too much for them. But Houston and Denver won't relish facing these guys in the playoffs if they are fit.

Like how will Houston contain porzingis shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2020
etidy:
Guys guys the mavericks are coming, they are not ready to win it all this year but they look like the 3rd best team in the west already.
They give me the vibes of the golden state team that eliminated Denver and took the spurs to 6 games.
Porzingis is on fire on both ends of the floor and doncic is a superstar and closer. Hardaway and Seth curry have taken a leap this season.

The lakers and Clippers will be too much for them. But Houston and Denver won't relish facing these guys in the playoffs if they are fit.

A Clippers-Mavericks series would be interesting. Do they have a man for Porzingis? Especially when he plays the 4 with Powell at the 5
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2020
"An All star player would be wasted. It's not worth it" said no one Ever. Not Jordan,Not Lebron,Not Wilt. Heck Hakeem wishes He had Genuine all star/ borderline superstar teammates during His prime years.

If Giannis decides to leave the Bucks, Heaven will not fall. The only thing fans can do is scream and shout. After a while, their initial brouhaha will die down and life will go on. He owes them absolutely nothing. Zero! Zilch!. The only reason I am against Him going to the warriors is because I love How competitive the NBA is currently. Selfish reasons really.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
buck's bought perimeter shooters because of Giannis, that team was built with him in mind over the last 3years, that is reversible especially now, given the way they play another star would be wasted, its not worth it, besides what do they have to trade? Asides Giannis?

He isnt going no place, if he does, he would take so much hate, it will be heavy on his career, lebron and Kawhi got nothing compared to what buck fans will to do Giannis, his entire family is being taken care of by the fans and franchise, like he is their jesus literally, don't play guy man is not going anywhere, if anything, they have draft picks but be honest, given how good they have been, their picks will be too low for teams to desire, bucks have their work cut out for them and its almost impossible, I don't even want to think about it.

I believe he becomes a free agent in 2021 .. if they fail to reach the finals this year ... then it is not going to happen again ... cause you got teams like Boston who look to be improving rapidly .. or 76ers who may get their act together next year if Ben Simmons is traded ... They should keep Joel Embid..

Warriors may trade Wiggins for Giannis angry grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2020
iamJ:
buck's bought perimeter shooters because of Giannis, that team was built with him in mind over the last 3years, that is reversible especially now, given the way they play another star would be wasted, its not worth it, besides what do they have to trade? Asides Giannis?

He isnt going no place, if he does, he would take so much hate, it will be heavy on his career, lebron and Kawhi got nothing compared to what buck fans will to do Giannis, his entire family is being taken care of by the fans and franchise, like he is their jesus literally, don't play guy man is not going anywhere, if anything, they have draft picks but be honest, given how good they have been, their picks will be too low for teams to desire, bucks have their work cut out for them and its almost impossible, I don't even want to think about it.

Translation: I am praying he does not go there. Jesus please let him not go there. Sh** the league will be dominated by one team again if he goes there.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2020
chic2pimp:

That's the tactics most teams use and will continue to use until His teammates decide to turn up and make things easier to for Him. AD and Bron were also taking turns banging with Him in the post. That shyte is going to tire you out eventually.

The series in tied 1all too. Both teams won at home. However what His significant about this game is that the Buck's loss is much closer to the playoffs. True about the Heats plus they've actually won both of their match ups.

100%....There absolutely is. He is never going to be as Silky smooth as Steph or Durant is but bet He is working hard to improve His game. His FT % for instance has come on leaps and bounds since He changed His routine I think before the All star break(His 3 missed shot came after His knee tweak).

LOOOL C'mon bruh did you actually think that? No chance they win 70 games let alone threaten your record. Your record will be safe for a longgggg time. A fully Fit Clippers are the Best and Most well rounded team in the playoffs. Also looking forward to that game.

Banging him in the post and getting sometimes flimsy free throws which they were making. Those things add up.

The L IMHO has nothing to do with the playoffs. If anything it made it clear the Bucks will win a 7-game series against LAL because they will have home court and even fringe players generally shoot better at home.

Yes, to me, he has added some level of 3-point shooting but I also think he needs a consistent midrange and some other ways of attacking the paint even when bodies are packed in the paint.

Clippers have the highest peak but they are flattering. I don't want to call them frauds yet but the much defence everyone thought they would have is at best mediocre. They tend to step up when they want so I know they would be good. But for now, not so.
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
Eruditor:

Banging him in the post and getting sometimes flimsy free throws which they were making. Those things add up.

The L IMHO has nothing to do with the playoffs. If anything it made it clear the Bucks will win a 7-game series against LAL because they will have home court and even fringe players generally shoot better at home.

Yes, to me, he has added some level of 3-point shooting but I also think he needs a consistent midrange and some other ways of attacking the paint even when bodies are packed in the paint.

Clippers have the highest peak but they are flattering. I don't want to call them frauds yet but the much defence everyone thought they would have is at best mediocre. They tend to step up when they want so I know they would be good. But for now, not so.

Honestly think he should abandon the 3 point attempts and work on improving the midrange shot ... he may not be able to get to the post at all times .. but will surely get to the 15 to 20feet from the bucket every time..
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 8:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Nets coach fired?
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
He better bring it against Kawhi on sunday (ET). grin
iamJ:
true, he knows how to push himself, cause when you need him to prove himself, the guy answers with no mercy
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
True. He definitely must be held accountable. He has to realize he needs the midrange now more than ever. We have been hitting him hard on that subject, but just maybe it's not something he's going to be elite at. Maybe he's never going to muster enough confidence to shoot it. I am sure he practices midrange shots, but in actual games he just can't garner enough confidence. I just hope he just becomes borderline good at it. That may just be enough. But sometimes you can't help yourself when the other all-star on your team goes 5-19. Like you said Middleton had enough bricks to rebuild the wall of China. grin. At a point in the game i felt really bad for him. In one play he tried to guard Lebron, and the guy just went round and layed it up. That game mayhave put Lebron ahead of him in the MVP case. And can someone tell Giannis to stop those 3s. I could here them hit the front of the rim Kplaiiiiiiin. grin
Roland17:

Baba noooo!!! If you read closely you would see where I called out his team mates but it would a disservice to Giannis if we don’t hold him accountable for games like today.
He is definitely on a different level in comparison to his team mates so he has to perform at his level. He showed up in only 2 quarters of the game, the 2nd was late in the 4th. He made some very careless decisions with the ball especially shot selections. I get it, Vogel made it difficult but he made it easier for them to game plan for him during the game with bad selections.
This is a game against 2 contenders, this is a game the superstars circle with intention to dominate all 4 quarters. LeBum’s performance tonight was indicative of my last sentence. Giannis is still my MVP candidate, no questions asked but he desperately needs a ring considering how hard he has worked over the last 3 seasons.
Re: The NBA Begins by Omobarca: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2020
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
I think it's just one game.. No need to start piling on Giannis or his supporting cast. Nobody said anything when the bucks eviscerated the Clipper's and Lakers a few weeks ago. Now after one game, his supporting cast is bad.
This Team has lost just 10 games this season and won in the absence of Giannis. They are good Abeg. I give them the benefit of doubt.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
steady986:
Just because LeBron chooses not to defend the best players on the opposing team they say he can't defend. Y'all make me laugh. 5-time defensive first team. Jokers

When it's crunch time best believe LeBron gon be guarding your favourite player.
We all saw how he guarded KD those Finals

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2020
etidy:
I think it's just one game.. No need to start piling on Giannis or his supporting cast. Nobody said anything when the bucks eviscerated the Clipper's and Lakers a few weeks ago. Now after one game, his supporting cast is bad.
This Team has lost just 10 games this season and won in the absence of Giannis. They are good Abeg. I give them the benefit of doubt.
Clippers were missing Kawhi. The Bucks didn't eviscerate the Lakers, they won by 7

Playoffs and regular season is a different beast. Are you going to bet on a support cast of Khris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe come playoff time? When Giannis gets covered you need a second guy that can step up and make his own shot. No player has won without that.

Not the GOAT, not Shaq, not Kobe not LeBron not Duncan
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
etidy:

Lack of perimeter stoppers is the Mavs biggest problem. They have no decent defender that would do even a passable job on a Kawhi or Bron

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2020
Hello guys, I didn't know there was an nba thread over here. I hope I am welcomed. I'm an nba enthusiast and hope to comment on a regular basis.

Now to the subject of the greek freak, I think anyone can defeat just anyone in one game. I think Middleton is not a bad supporting cast, as someone here described. You guys should be checking his stats. That guy has been putting on big numbers the whole season. Giannis is not the only reason they have only 10 losses...

Besides, it is difficult for just any team to win the LA teams at home floor. So let's see how it turns out, but I wouldn't take my eyes off the bucks. Considering how the west is tough, the winner of the western conference may come out very tired while the bucks will be fresh and it plays a role too

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:52am On Mar 08, 2020
etidy:

And that was why I debunked the narrative that Doncic and Porzingis can not mesh. I think Doncic’s injury and absence has helped him rediscover his confidence which has now translated into a better 1-2 punch with Doncic since the latter’s return.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:41am On Mar 08, 2020
Afromentalist:
Hello guys, I didn't know there was an nba thread over here. I hope I am welcomed. I'm an nba enthusiast and hope to comment on a regular basis.

Now to the subject of the greek freak, I think anyone can defeat just anyone in one game. I think Middleton is not a bad supporting cast, as someone here described. You guys should be checking his stats. That guy has been putting on big numbers the whole season. Giannis is not the only reason they have only 10 losses...

Besides, it is difficult for just any team to win the LA teams at home floor. So let's see how it turns out, but I wouldn't take my eyes off the bucks. Considering how the west is tough, the winner of the western conference may come out very tired while the bucks will be fresh and it plays a role too

Inversely, I can make the argument that the Bucks may be spent by the time playoffs arrive because of their winning record, remember the Warriors record winning season? Some argued they were unable to win it all because they had very little left in the the tank for the post season and Bob Myers kind of shared that sentiment few minutes ago.
Don’t get he wrong, in comparison to the Western conference, the Eastern conference is easier but there is a lot of effort that goes into winning the amount of games the Bucks have won thus far and it may affect the supporting cast more than it would affect Giannis considering the level of talent.
Welcome aboard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:49am On Mar 08, 2020
A40:
We all saw how he guarded KD those Finals

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:56am On Mar 08, 2020
etidy:
A 7-point victory is not exactly an evisceration
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:02am On Mar 08, 2020
A40:
Clippers were missing Kawhi. The Bucks didn't eviscerate the Lakers, they won by 7

Playoffs and regular season is a different beast. Are you going to bet on a support cast of Khris Middleton and Eric Bledsoe come playoff time? When Giannis gets covered you need a second guy that can step up and make his own shot. No player has won without that.

Not the GOAT, not Shaq, not Kobe not LeBron not Duncan
He say Clippers were missing Kawhi, Lol. Get your facts right bro. Kawhi and PG where fully kitted in that evisceration
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 7:23am On Mar 08, 2020
Who is Kawhi

This hype is nauseating, if GSW didn't have injuries, he wouldn't matter, all this hype, no matter what happens in a few hours, it means nothing

When playoffs begins we will separate men from boys

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 7:24am On Mar 08, 2020
steady986:

He say Clippers were missing Kawhi, Lol. Get your facts right bro. Kawhi and PG where fully kitted in that evisceration
3rd quarter, it was almost 28points difference cheesy I saw that mountain goat Kawhi looking spent cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:55am On Mar 08, 2020
iamJ:
3rd quarter, it was almost 28points difference cheesy I saw that mountain goat Kawhi looking spent cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:13am On Mar 08, 2020
steady986:
Yeah hold that L for your guy.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:15am On Mar 08, 2020
Anyway I like how these guys are talking with bass in their voices. Keep this same energy when the Clippers hand that L in the regular and postseason. We will not be here for any excuses whatsoever.

Don't come and be telling us Kawhi was load managing and other miscellaneous Okoto meow
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sooooo... Ty Lue rejected head coach of LA Lakers and now is assistant coach for LA Clippers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Villagers at work grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
birdman:
Sooooo... Ty Lue rejected head coach of LA Lakers and now is assistant coach for LA Clippers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Villagers at work grin grin

Honestly dont think he is ready ... it is marathon and not a sprint smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by blacksta(m): 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lets go Clippers grin
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Let's go lakers
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
Truth be told, Lebron is most probably the most hated of those who have been in the conversation for Goat. Damm, the hate is real
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lakeshow baby

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.