Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611339 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:

In the NBA today there are more big men with points than boards, even if you accord 1 point per basket.
That's a huge lie.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
You never learn. What a bunch of crap. cheesy.Most people regard MJ as the GOAT cos he did what was necessary to win, which included scoring. Sorry about it, but some of us here hold winning in very high regard. cheesy
steady986:
First picture is from yesterday. LeBron scored a game high 38 points, 12 rebounds and 8 assists. But look at the measly plus minus beside it...+2

Second frame is from his 10-point game 3 days ago. He had a +/- of +23.

For for someone who has never bounced a basketball in his life to come here and dictate how LeBron should play his game is buffoonery of the highest order. There are different ways to impact a game other than scoring. That's the reason why MJ is their goat. They are blind to all other aspects of the game, they just want the guy who scores the most. Pathetic box score fans

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
NBA go suffer when LA Bron retire sha..
Who else fit gather ride or die fans like this ?
Who else still fit gather haters to this extreme.. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:

Whenever i mention AD's lack of aggression it's cos we expect him to be better given his talent/opponent. It's not in relation to Lebron. The mainstream/social media on the other hand would rather blame his teammates than mention the fact that he was poor too
The only thing we complained about was poor shooting, including AD. And it's not lack of effort that made The Lakers lose the game that day, it's simply poor shooting. What a bunch of crap. Why would you keep giving the ball to someone that's missed 5 open shots. Perhaps his poor shooting was what affected his teammates. The third game for example he was efficient, and that trickled down to his teammates. They shot the ball better. He shot terrible and it's as simple as that. Perhaps he began throwing the ball to his teammates when he realized he's been shooting the ball poorly. This is exactly my point. He's not to blame cos he amassed 16 assists? To this i say yes he deserves some of the blame. Stat padder. Didn't he realize he may have to carry more of the scoring load given his teammates were poor. How many assists did he rack up in game 3, in which they won? 8 assists. That was half of what he had in the first game where they lost by about the same amount. So racking up 20 assists doesn't make you blameless when you lose. Cos it means there's something you didn't do well, which may include stat padding-Racking up 16 assists. cheesy
In case you forgot, let me remind you; AD is the primary scorer on this team and it's his job to score the recommended amount of points for us to win the game. So get off LeBron's back. LeBron scored only 10 points in game 2 and we still blew Portland out.

And for you to say that someone shouldn't be given the ball to shoot because he missed his previous shots is absurd.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
AD is the primary scorer? According to whom? The last time i checked Lebron has averaged more points in his career than AD has. I thought AD was there to help carry the scoring load. Ofcourse it's absurd. A 27 point per game player keeps giving the ball to some streaky shooters hoping they snap out of it. Such an incredible thought from someone with the highest basketball IQ(supposedly). cheesy
steady986:

In case you forgot, let me remind you; AD is the primary scorer on this team and it's his job to score the recommended amount of points for us to win the game. So get off LeBron's back. LeBron scored only 10 points in game 2 and we still blew Portland out.

And for you to say that someone shouldn't be given the ball to shoot because he missed his previous shots is absurd.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
AD is the primary scorer? According to whom? The last time i checked Lebron has averaged more points in his career than AD has. I thought AD was there to help carry the scoring load. Ofcourse it's absurd. A 27 point per game player keeps giving the ball to some streaky shooters hoping they snap out of it. Such an incredible thought from someone with the highest basketball IQ(supposedly). cheesy
AD averaged more points this season, but I'm sure you knew that.

Anyway, say what you want, I'm off to watch replays of that dominant performance by the King.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
Only military grade dunderheads will not know that +/- is a very flawed stat.

The hilarious irony is this clown is out there calling people box score stans while posting stats from a box score from a game he obviously didn't watch

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
You never learn. What a bunch of crap. cheesy.Most people regard MJ as the GOAT cos he did what was necessary to win, which included scoring. Sorry about it, but some of us here hold winning in very high regard. cheesy
MJ averaged 33-6-6 in the playoffs but he only affected the game with his scoring grin grin

Abeg free that clown

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
We have got to stop fouling and sending the Sixers to the freethrow line.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Damn. Just rewatched the King's 38 point performance and one thing is for certain, he'll get his buckets when he says he'll get his buckets. It's only LBJ that can go from a 23/17/16 triple double one night to a 38/12/8 scoring performance the next. The most versatile player in the history of the NBA. Truly the GOAT

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
The Sixers fighting for their lives here. I wonder if there has ever been a comeback from 3-0 down to win a series in the first round cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
Happy post humous birthday to the black mamba

#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2020
God I hope Harris is okay!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Thank goodness he got up by himself.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:
The Sixers fighting for their lives here. I wonder if there has ever been a comeback from 3-0 down to win a series in the first round cheesy

Nope no chance. I saw a stat that read NBA teams are 136-0(not sure exactly) after going 3 Nil down
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
With T. Harris out the Sixers look out of sorts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Broom
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
chic2pimp:

Nope no chance. I saw a stat that read NBA teams are 136-0(not sure exactly) after going 3 Nil down
Yea. Dorris Burke just said that only two teams have forced a game seven but still lost
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
You have got to respect T. Harris's toughness. I just really hope he is okay though because he may be playing concussed.
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
I need broom
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
I don't see how B. Brown survives this..He escaped the sack last season when I opined he should have been let go, I will be shocked if he stays.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
On to the Raptors..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
We knew that the first round would be a bye basically for the favourites in the east. It's in the second round that the playoffs begin for them. That goes to show you how far apart the top teams are from the mid to bottom teams in terms of quality. It's in the west that you have fierce contests right from the first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
This is how NBA go ignore Montrezl Harrell's racist statement? So much for fighting racism and for equality.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
steady986:
We knew that the first round would be a bye basically for the favourites in the east. It's in the second round that the playoffs begin for them. That goes to show you how far apart the top teams are from the mid to bottom teams in terms of quality. It's in the west that you have fierce contests right from the first round.
hmm irony
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
etidy:
This is how NBA go ignore Montrezl Harrell's racist statement? So much for fighting racism and for equality.

I dey tell you!!! I wish Doncic can open up about it. That comment was absolutely unacceptable, worsestill he has black teams that should be holding him accountable. It is shameful.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
Na like this Paul George go continue all series? cheesy. This man insists on finishing his house of bricks. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Lavoca: 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
shocked Mavs!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
It seems Seth Curry is a late bloomer. cheesy. Abi next thing na All star?
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
benji93:
[...] In fact the Bronsexuals here have been doing the same...
Between your good friend that calls someone universally regarded as one of the greatestof all time, "Lebum", the other one "LeNomad", and me, it is obvious to any objective mind who are the sycophants here.

We are dragging this issue unnecessarily. Let's wait for Lebrons' next loss and we will see y'all wanking all over it and calling him all sort of names.

This life no balance at all grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
DeeMain:

Not entirely Lillard and CJ's fault in my opinion. Nurkic and Whiteside were already lethargic by the 3rd quarter and this continued into the 4th. Also, they don't have enough depth in their bench at this point to match the Lakers.

Its not just this series. Its been there all season. I was explaining why their record is so poor even though they have good games
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2020
A40:
Loool calm down bros. How will you have them play? You want them to rely on Hasan Whiteside?

The playoffs is about giving every game what it needs. By being more aggressive he won more FTs, slowed the tempo of the game and the outcome became a lot more favorable.

Game 2, AD played well and LeNomad escaped with his poor showing as AD bailed him out. Call it what it is without unnecessary spinaroonie. Had AD not showed up the Lakers would have lost. So don't act like he fell back or something. He was 4/11 with 6 TOs. He played crap!

Lmaoooo all this story ko necesstri. The Lakers are and were the favorites going into this series and last night they essentially beat a Blazers team that was literally 6 deep, unless you consider Mario Hezonja and Simons playoff quality.

Im not referring to just the lakers blazers series. Its an issue the blazers have had all season. Imo there is no favorite here - blazers are guard dominant, and the Lakers are shorthanded at the back court positions. Lakers have bigs, but Blazers have skilled bigs that are not yet factors, but can be. Which to me means this can go 7 games because playoffs really are about matchups.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.