Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611242 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Underrate Playoff LeBron and his boys at your own risk.

The Lakers have be best big 3 in LeBron, AD and Westbrook. grin

Saw what you did there grin

Abeg, make una easy on my guy smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Underrate Playoff LeBron and his boys at your own risk.

The Lakers have be best big 3 in LeBron, AD and Westbrook. grin

There is no reason for the Lakers to continue to start McGee because he is a bad matchup for them. The Rockets keep the game competitive in the 1st Q and 2nd Q until Vogel goes small in the 3rd and 4th. McGee can not run with the Lakers or the Rockets and has no value offensively either as he is not taking advantage of the matchup inside the paint. It is dangerous to keep volume shot taking team like the Rockets in the game by stating McGee. The Rockets have only way of playing and with no adjustment or tweaking, it makes them predictable but I will say I saw something they did twice that was interesting. 2 guards ran with the ball into the paint and forced the defense to sag deep, which led to consecutive buckets. Their defense has been impressive but since they rely on only one style of offense, they are stuck when the 3 ball is not going in.

As for Bron, he has to remain aggressive offensively and he has been excellent at it after game 2 of the Portland series and with Rondo he can do more offensively. AD...Well, the Rockets have absolutely no answer for him and he has been doing his thing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2020
Can we talk about Mike Budenholzer for a second?

For the 2nd consecutive season he gets knocked out in teh 2nd round. Last season, he lost the series against the Sixers after going 2-0. This season, he was throughly out coached by Erik Spoelstra and suffered a gentleman sweep. He is quite rigid and finds it difficult to make in-game adjustments to matchups and strategies..I am not advocating that he loses his job but Dwayne Casey had the best record in the East, set franchise records in wins and points, was NBA coach of the season but got fired after losing to the Cavs!

I am just saying.... I think its time to direct the torch on him for a little bit.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:41am On Sep 10, 2020
Mehn the Celtics are night and day better than the raptors.
If the Celtics get to the finals or win it all this year it will be because of Marcus smart, he's the brains of the operation.

Roland17 wow where did you guys steal this Williams guy from. He's the athletic big man you guys have been. Looking for.

And yeah Siascam on a max contract is still scamming
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:03am On Sep 10, 2020
This Celtics sha. 1mins to go
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:06am On Sep 10, 2020
If I hear Siascam and elite again grin
The only thing siakam needs to do next is to wear a Celtics jersey grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 2:22am On Sep 10, 2020
Roland17:
Can we talk about Mike Budenholzer for a second?

For the 2nd consecutive season he gets knocked out in teh 2nd round. Last season, he lost the series against the Sixers after going 2-0. This season, he was throughly out coached by Erik Spoelstra and suffered a gentleman sweep. He is quite rigid and finds it difficult to make in-game adjustments to matchups and strategies..I am not advocating that he loses his job but Dwayne Casey had the best record in the East, set franchise records in wins and points, was NBA coach of the season but got fired after losing to the Cavs!

I am just saying.... I think its time to direct the torch on him for a little bit.
Raptors not Sixers in the ECF last year
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:51am On Sep 10, 2020
Wow what a game!! Im ok with whoever wins gane 7. celtics are deadly. Raptors got heart. Except nick nurse with a stupid timeout... Gave celtics a timeout to plan. Smh

Roland17 u ok? Even me i feel like ran 100m

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:56am On Sep 10, 2020
birdman:
Wow what a game!! Im ok with whoever wins gane 7. celtics are deadly. Raptors got heart. Except nick nurse with a stupid timeout... Gave celtics a timeout to plan. Smh

Roland17 u ok? Even me i feel like ran 100m

Man!!This game swung me left and right but like I said earlier in this series, it is destined to be a game 7.
On to game 7
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01am On Sep 10, 2020
Shittaakeem:

Raptors not Sixers in the ECF last year

My bad! Thanks for the correction.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:41am On Sep 10, 2020
etidy:
Mehn the Celtics are night and day better than the raptors.
If the Celtics get to the finals or win it all this year it will be because of Marcus smart, he's the brains of the operation.

Roland17 wow where did you guys steal this Williams guy from. He's the athletic big man you guys have been. Looking for.

And yeah Siascam on a max contract is still scamming
They are, but if they can't kill a game when the Raptors are playing terribly then there's a problem. The Raptors have played terribly this whole series and yet we have a game seven.

And let's be honest, they have a good starting 5 quite alright but this is not a deep team. If not why does the most used player off the bench play just 19 minutes in a game that went to double overtime? When they have 4 starters playing 50 minutes. And the bench scored a measly 16 points. This is not sustainable. You can't play the Clippers like that.

If not anything else the Celtics lost this game because of fatigue

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:57am On Sep 10, 2020
steady986:

They are, but if they can't kill a game when the Raptors are playing terribly then there's a problem. The Raptors have played terribly this whole series and yet we have a game seven.

And let's be honest, they have a good starting 5 quite alright but this is not a deep team. If not why does the most used player off the bench play just 19 minutes in a game that went to double overtime? When they have 4 starters playing 50 minutes. And the bench scored a measly 16 points. This is not sustainable. You can't play the Clippers like that.

If not anything else the Celtics lost this game because of fatigue

Both are playing a very physical type of game. U would need a Kobe Bryant or a Michael Jordan to consistently close these types of games out. Both defenses are just that good.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2020
etidy:

He played elite defense that's for sure. Remember this is a player that got most his in season points from fastbreaks but the playoffs is an half court tournament basically. Last year he had Kawai then all of a sudden he is expected to lead his team seamlessly. The guy was just in the D league this is not LeBron coming out of high school knowing the hype and responsibilities he holds. It will take time but he has all the qualities to be elite. He was very poor offensively yesterday but he still had the character to take and make a shot down the stretch.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2020
Nobody's talking about how Jamal Murray has been underwhelming in this series. When just a few weeks ago we proclaimed him the next Allen Iverson cheesy. Man is averaging 18 ppg on 37% shooting and 30% threes. Down from 31 ppg on 55% shooting and 53% from 3 against Utah. Baba don jam defense grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:50am On Sep 10, 2020
No all star on a Max contract should ever have these averages over 10 games in the playoffs
BascoVanVeli:

He played elite defense that's for sure. Remember this is a player that got most his in season points from fastbreaks but the playoffs is an half court tournament basically. Last year he had Kawai then all of a sudden he is expected to lead his team seamlessly. The guy was just in the D league this is not LeBron coming out of high school knowing the hype and responsibilities he holds. It will take time but he has all the qualities to be elite. He was very poor offensively yesterday but he still had the character to take and make a shot down the stretch.

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 11:56am On Sep 10, 2020
We have lowered that standards for what a star player should be, it seems if you're not LeBron, Durant, Giannis, curry, Harden or Westbrook nowadays you can get max dollars, play shit and get zero criticism from the media.

6ft 9 player and you can't attack the paint continuously if your shoots aren't falling and get foul calls and easy buckets.
Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2020
If the rockets don’t win tonight, they might as well say goodbye to the bubble. No way they can ever come back from a 3-1. It’s tonight or never.

D’Antoni too should know, if they lose tonight, he should be looking for another team to showcase his Alleged offensive tactical prowess

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 11:59am On Sep 10, 2020
etidy:
We have lowered that standards for what a star player should be, it seems if you're not LeBron, Durant, Giannis, curry, Harden or Westbrook nowadays you can get max dollars, play shit and get zero criticism from the media.

6ft 9 player and you can't attack the paint continuously if your shoots aren't falling and get foul calls and easy buckets.
I agree with you. Siakam has been disappointing for an all star.

Some players are just regular season players. Some other come forth when it matters. Siakam seems to be the former while Someone like rondo likely belongs to the latter.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2020
etidy:
No all star on a Max contract should ever have these averages over 10 games in the playoffs

Haba playoff P nko grin Westbrook has not done much better either and these are vets. This boy is in his 3rd pro season. With what he has already accomplished he deserves the benefit of your doubt

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2020
Daniel House grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2020
SmooshCHN:
Daniel House grin grin

Body no be firewood cool No time to check time!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2020
etidy:
Person wey don sign big contract already

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Kdtrey5: 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2020
Roland17:

Body no be firewood cool No time to check time!
he claimed he didn't do it, moreover hez got a wife and kids. NBA is soft man they want LeBron in d finals so bad. House is a solid back up for the rockets
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:13am On Sep 11, 2020
Someone please tell Stephen Anthony Smith to shut the héll up about Steve Nash getting the Nets job. Which one is System again? Must everything be attributed to racism?
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 1:21am On Sep 11, 2020
It is over for the rockets
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:28am On Sep 11, 2020
If the 3s aren't falling in then it's au revoir for the rockets for it's all they got.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:34am On Sep 11, 2020
The moment Vogel threw in a rookie for his first important minutes in these playoffs I knew he had figured this matchup out. That was a strong message.

And what's with Houston attempting only 13 threes in a half of a basketball game? I give Vogel the credit here, he's got D'Antoni doing things he's not comfortable with. They're driving to the basket more, thus the high amount of free throws. But that doesn't seem to be the answer either. And the rebounds are truly killing them now. I mean, what were you thinking? It's basketball, you'd yearn for a big man at some point I promise you.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:38am On Sep 11, 2020
Kdtrey5:
he claimed he didn't do it, moreover hez got a wife and kids. NBA is soft man they want LeBron in d finals so bad. House is a solid back up for the rockets
Lol. Imagine the great Danuel House stopping LeBron from making the conference finals

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 2:03am On Sep 11, 2020
steady986:

Lol. Imagine the great Danuel House stopping LeBron from making the conference finals

Bad guy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:11am On Sep 11, 2020
steady986:
The moment Vogel threw in a rookie for his first important minutes in these playoffs I knew he had figured this matchup out. That was a strong message.

And what's with Houston attempting only 13 threes in a half of a basketball game? I give Vogel the credit here, he's got D'Antoni doing things he's not comfortable with. They're driving to the basket more, thus the high amount of free throws. But that doesn't seem to be the answer either. And the rebounds are truly killing them now. I mean, what were you thinking? It's basketball, you'd yearn for a big man at some point I promise you.

I said as much game 2

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:13am On Sep 11, 2020
Why is tnt playing lil flip? Insult on injury. If any team can win this game, we can. Knock down 5 straight 3s and we back in the game
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:28am On Sep 11, 2020
birdman:
Why is tnt playing lil flip? Insult on injury. If any team can win this game, we can. Knock down 5 straight 3s and we back in the game

Omo, the Lakers have stolen the soul of the Rockets win this flogging.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1570) (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.