Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,921 members, 7,802,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611618 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2020
benji93:
Could it be that, this Nuggets side has figured it out? cheesy Are they in for another ocme back aib na shakara. cheesy
This Denver team can come back quite alright, but the Lakers just showed they're not the Clippers by winning still. They held their own and made shots when it mattered. Yesterday was just one of the days where not much worked for the Lakers. LeBron was not getting love from the refs, Green shot terribly (I wonder why Green should be taking 14 shots in a game of basketball, and he missed 10 of them), and Markief didn't play much and didn't attempt a single shot, after he was hot the last game. I don't know why Vogel and the players didn't draw plays for him especially when they knew Green was wasteful. I've studied the matchups of this series and I'll say this, the only way the Lakers can lose a game to the Nuggets is if they shoot themselves on the foot.

Lakers in 4 cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2020
steady986:

This Denver team can come back quite alright, but the Lakers just showed they're not the Clippers by winning still. They held their own and made shots when it mattered. Yesterday was just one of the days where not much worked for the Lakers. LeBron was not getting love from the refs, Green shot terribly (I wonder why Green should be taking 14 shots in a game of basketball, and he missed 10 of them), and Markief didn't play much and didn't attempt a single shot, after he was hot the last game. I don't know why Vogel and the players didn't draw plays for him especially when they knew Green was wasteful. I've studied the matchups of this series and I'll say this, the only way the Lakers can lose a game to the Nuggets is if they shoot themselves on the foot.

Lakers in 4 cool

The Clippers would have had a better chance to be honest. Lakers in 5 and I don't mean to disrespect the Nuggets. I'll be shocked if they go 6 games. Lakers are finals bound since the Clippers decided to choke.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Afr0mentalist:

The real reason people put lebron ahead of him is that AD needs a facilitator, a general, while lebron can do most of what he does while being the general. If you see the difference
Prime Shaq needed a facilitator too and that didn't stop him from being the best. He's a big so you can't expect him to bring the ball down the court. People bring up the assists conveniently forgetting he's also averaging almost 5 turnovers per night, he had 6 last night

It's amusing to me that Bron stans are now throwing away the logic they used in anointing him better than MJ. The logic they use in their Pippen banter. AD leads the team in pretty much everything but assists.

We're not really here to argue what Bron has done in the past, this is not a lifetime achievement award. We're saying on current form AD is the best player on the squad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2020
The Nuggets cannot play any better than they did last night and they still lost, Jokic 30, Jamal Murray 25, Lebron had 2 points the whole of the second half, and a +/- of -9 which has been rare this season, heck the Lakers had 23 turnovers, had to play the last few minutes without Dwight, their most impactful answer to Jokic because of foul troubles and the Lakers still won. Michael Malone made his adjustments and did a good job to clean up bad plays and despite struggling against the shell defence by the Nuggets, the Lakers found a way to win.

Game 1 should’ve been the typical Lebron/Lakers feel out game, but it’s looking like this game 2 is the one.

Last night’s loss is damaging to any team’s psyche and encouraging to the winner’s confidence. That dagger by AD is very depressing.

Frank Vogel will make some adjustments in the coming games to tighten up the sloppiness, and knowing Lebron, he’s going to control the game better and hunt for more favourable matchups in subsequent games.

Lakers in 4

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
We're not really here to argue what Bron has done in the past, this is not a lifetime achievement award. We're saying on current form AD is the best player on the squad
I do Not dispute the fact that AD is better than LBJ this season for this team. Don’t mistake the argument.
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
Did anyone else see Rondo after the buzzer beater by AD? That guy is a psychopath and he needs to be placed on the national security watch list.

While the whole team was ecstatic, this guy just walked off the court without breaking a stride like nothing happened. He didn’t even shake hands with the refs or whatever
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
SmooshCHN:

The Clippers would have had a better chance to be honest. Lakers in 5 and I don't mean to disrespect the Nuggets. I'll be shocked if they go 6 games. Lakers are finals bound since the Clippers decided to choke.
Lol. Sadly we wouldn't get to know how the Clippers would have fared against the Lakers. We can only speculate. But I was confident that the Lakers would have handled their business. Maybe next year sha, when LeBron is 36½

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2020
When LeBron gets a 36-point near triple double we don't hear folks say AD is the best o. But let LeBron mistakingly score less points than AD and then they come out again. Na una get una mouth sha. I just want to get to the finals, all other talk na okoto

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
xwolverine:
Did anyone else see Rondo after the buzzer beater by AD? That guy is a psychopath and he needs to be placed on the national security watch list.

While the whole team was ecstatic, this guy just walked off the court without breaking a stride like nothing happened. He didn’t even shake hands with the refs or whatever
He's toiling with the Nuggets mentally. He showed them, right in front of their bench, that he was pissed because the game shouldn't have been close in the first place.
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
steady986:

He's toiling with the Nuggets mentally. He showed them, right in front of their bench, that he was pissed because the game shouldn't have been close in the first place.

He was pissed no doubt
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
Afr0mentalist:

I do Not dispute the fact that AD is better than LBJ this season for this team. Don’t mistake the argument.
Good. We are on the same page then

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2020
xwolverine:

Psychopath for what reason. Do you know the meaning of perfectionism?

As a floor general would you be happy to see such a lead melt down ?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
Good. We are on the same page then

When is my boy Rondo getting your credit? Has he not done enough yet?
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
Afr0mentalist:

Psychopath for what reason. Do you know the meaning of perfectionism?

As a floor general would you be happy to see such a lead melt down ?

I get what you’re saying, but in the moment, a lik bit of celebration wouldn't take away how disappointed you are in how the game played out, there's always a film session for you to do that. But I guess that attitude is what makes playoff Rondo a scary sight
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
Roland17:

When is my boy Rondo getting your credit? Has he not done enough yet?
Credit? Noo. AD wey dey do 28-10 them never gree make we give am credit e come be ordinary Rondo

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
steady986:

Lol. Sadly we wouldn't get to know how the Clippers would have fared against the Lakers. We can only speculate. But I was confident that the Lakers would have handled their business. Maybe next year sha, when LeBron is 36½

Next year the Lakers will have time to properly fill their roster. Not going to wait on someone like this year till all the good players are gone. Imagine how good this team would be if they got Seth Curry, Covington, D.Rose, Kyle Korver? They even had a chance to get D’lo or Butler.

Kawhi really bleeped with the Lakers’ plans for the season but still got sucker-punched in the end. I guess the basketball gods are not sleeping after all.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
xwolverine:

Next year the Lakers will have time to properly fill their roster. Not going to wait on someone like this year till all the good players are gone. Imagine how good this team would be if they got Seth Curry, Covington, D.Rose, Kyle Korver? They even had a chance to get D’lo or Butler.

Kawhi really bleeped with the Lakers’ plans for the season but still got sucker-punched in the end. I guess the basketball gods are not sleeping after all.
I wouldn't mention Kyle Korver as someone that can improve this team. At 39 that guy is an ancestor already. We brought a similar guy in J.R and we've used him only sparingly. D. Rose has a history of injuries. Seth would have been great. I think the delay by Kawhi was a blessing in disguise if you asked me, because we somehow managed to fill the holes in the team. We brought in guys who have been tested in this league and wanted to prove to people that they still had something to offer. Win or lose, there's not much that needs to change in the team. Everybody knows their role. The only downside is that we thought Kuz was that guy who was going to give you 18 off the bench. Perhaps we should have kept Ingram instead.
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
steady986:

I wouldn't mention Kyle Korver as someone that can improve this team. At 39 that guy is an ancestor already. We brought a similar guy in J.R and we've used him only sparingly. D. Rose has a history of injuries. Seth would have been great. I think the delay by Kawhi was a blessing in disguise if you asked me, because we somehow managed to fill the holes in the team. We brought in guys who have been tested in this league and wanted to prove to people that they still had something to offer. Win or lose, there's not much that needs to change in the team. Everybody knows their role. The only downside is that we thought Kuz was that guy who was going to give you 18 off the bench. Perhaps we should have kept Ingram instead.

Kuz is gone next season, being in Beal or even Dinwiddie is a better option, he manages to have turnovers either off his legs or can’t catch the ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
xwolverine:

Kuz is gone next season, being in Beal or even Dinwiddie is a better option, he manages to have turnovers either off his legs or can’t catch the ball.
Not sure there's enough cap for Beal, and bringing him would mean dismantling the roster
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
grin Ersan is back! You just couldn't stand the Anti-Lebron Union voices that was beginning to rise here cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
cool

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
DeeMain:
grin Ersan is back! You just couldn't stand the Anti-Lebron Union voices that was beginning to rise here cheesy

I have waited for this moment for 4 years. Plotting, watching, waiting, and now, the hour is upon us.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
For years, he was ridiculed, insulted, abused. Called a choker, a has been, a swindler, a loser.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
And now, you all dread the hour that's upon us. An hour, the coming of which there is no doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
They really allowed LeBron to get Anthony Davis cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
LeNomad fanboys getting really emotional right now. We're in December and the wailing and salaye has started already. Imagine comparing a squad led by 6'3 185 pounds Steph to 6'7 Kawhi. A 2 time FMVP and DPOY.

I saw prime LeNomad on Avenger squads catch L's to lesser talent so nobody is scared of your little washed king. We know when shit hits the fan we would hear more and more excuses and panegyrics by himself and his legion of fanboys

A40:
Lmaooooooo was he hurt on opening night as well? All these stories are for the gods! Nobody has time for it.

All summer we heard about how LeNomad would get his extended rest for the first time in a long time, he would be fresh reh reh reh. We are just in December and he's already 'hurt'

Like I said, we don't give a shyte! I saw Kawhi dominate multiple series and win a chip hobbling on one knee and barely able to elevate. Yet he led the postseason in minutes. No friggin excuses!

Lool I think you have me confused for someone else. My stand has been constant. The Lakers and Clippers are evenly matched. Y'all are the inconsistent lot that constantly try to play the underdog card. My confidence is in Kawhi not that notorious choker Paul George. Whatever he contributes in the series would be a bonus.

The Clippers will beat the Lakers in a playoff series and at that point I don't want to hear any excuses about age, refs, coaching, teammates, load management, injuries. This same confidence I want y'all to have it when Kawhi executes your washed King in GOT fashion

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
Neither you nor I can decide legacies. What we can decide is money. Let's go! If LeNomad beats the Clippers and wins a chip I owe you $100, if LeNomad fails to achieve neither then you owe me $100. Deal?

Hmmm....

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
Somebody get Anthony Davis's soft behind off that court. This overrated dude really scored 0 points the entire 4th quarter.

This is who LeNomad's yesman swore would lead the Bucks to a title last season

I see...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:

This is very inaccurate. With all due respect.

Giannis has had 3 All-star caliber seasons. He's always been the better passer and defender as well

This is not an argument about who has had the better career so bringing the year they entered the league is completely unrelated to the argument

For Siakam we are saying he can get to AD's level over time. We are not saying he is as good now.

Lool you think Kawhi won't clamp AD? Lool

The same AD that only made the playoffs twice in NOLA? Abeggi

Didn't Brad Stevens wall the paint? Didn't Giannis still destroy the Celts and his strategy? It's a pity Giannis had to share the court with mediocre guards like Eric Bledsoe

Kyrie had a shittier postseason but nobody is talking about how we can game plan for him
shocked

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
I don't know why you lot took that statement personal and to heart, he even backtracked eventually.

I took it up because the NBA is littered with players that didn't get to the league with as much fanfare as AD but were able to make it work and become a force in the league (Giannis, Harden) when they were on the come up I'm sure suggesting they could reach the levels of the marquee players in the league would have been laughable at the time.

I put it to you that AD underperformed at New Orleans. They only ever topped 40 wins twice in his stay there. He wasn't even rookie of the year and only managed a paltry 13ppg which was poor for a #1 pick

When they beat the Blazers, Jrue Holiday averaged 28pts per game and played stellar D on Lillard, not forgetting Mirotic averaging 18pts Don't come and paint the picture of AD doing it all on his own, nothing could be further from the truth. They were overmatched by the Warriors obviously but Holiday put decent numbers too
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
A40:
AD is a really great player but the pedestal he's being put on by some is just ridiculous. Suggesting he can't be compared to anyone or his level cannot be reached?

That was why I brought the example of Harden. If Harden was not handed the keys to his own team would he be at this level today? When he was leaving OKC who in their right minds would have predicted he would be this great? If you suggested he could be as good as a D.Rose at the time in the future you would be laughed out of the country but look at what happened?

Even Kawhi is another example. You just never know and that's all I'm saying

Oh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) (1585) (1586) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.