Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,941 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1610549 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
WeissVonner:

He is the most desirable and probably most feasible but he's not the only one. Theres a reason Lord Pelinka ensured all the Lakers contracts are ending in 2021. They're making a run at someone that's for sure.
Most desirable? I think the lakers will do better by pairing AD with a perimeter player.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
etidy:

Most desirable? I think the lakers will do better by pairing AD with a perimeter player.

If they can get someone like Kawhi of course. But I don't think they should go for any other wing at the expense of Giannis. One of them may have to move to the 5 during the playoffs but it will absolutely be worth it. Bron handling the ball, two knockdown 3 and D players, Giannis and AD at 4 and 5. That's a cheat code.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
WeissVonner:
NBA FINALS RATINGS GAME 1 by year since 2016:

2016: 17.4 million
2017: 15.7 million
2018: 17.4 million
2019: 13.3 million
2020: 7.4 million

I think it will bounce back next year. These are just weird circumstances.
Or perhaps China refused to watch
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2020
WeissVonner:

If they can get someone like Kawhi of course. But I don't think they should go for any other wing at the expense of Giannis. One of them may have to move to the 5 during the playoffs but it will absolutely be worth it. Bron handling the ball, two knockdown 3 and D players, Giannis and AD at 4 and 5. That's a cheat code.
Naaah, that's an awkward pairing grin. We need a ball-handling wing who can shoot jumpers.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2020
WeissVonner:

Add Bradley Beal or Dame to the current roster and it’s game over for everyone.

Seth curry is an honourable mention as well, but he’s tied to Dallas for now.

On a side note, I’m wondering what happened to the Rondo is a liability on defence narrative cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
steady986:

Naaah, that's an awkward pairing grin. We need a ball-handling wing who can shoot jumpers.

You have LeBron, which other ball handler do you need? It's basically the same starting five as now except you're substituting Dwight/Javale for Giannis. I can live with that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
xwolverine:

On a side note, I’m wondering what happened to the Rondo is a liability on defence narrative cry cry

I don't think either of those guys are free agents in 2021, nor do the Lakers have the assets to get them. God bless Seth curry I'd love him as a role player, not a marquee signing to solidify a teams championship aspirations.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
steady986:

Or perhaps China refused to watch

Just US
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
WeissVonner:

No plastic rings bro. A Giannis or Kawhi or Dame in Lakers will dilute the quality amd honour of the ring.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
DeeMain:

No plastic rings bro. A Giannis or Kawhi or Dame in Lakers will dilute the quality amd honour of the ring.

cheesy

Bron would be an old man by then. He needs to get carried like he's been carrying throughout his career.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 8:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
DeeMain:

The only sensible options for this off-season are:
Tristan Thompson, Fred VanVleet, Serge Ibaka, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Montrezl Harrel, Marcus Morris, Jordan Clarkson, Jerami Grant, Carmelo Anthony

Apart from VanVleet, Bogdan, Jerami grant, Trez and Melo I don’t see any point in getting anyone else in
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
xwolverine:

you mean liability on offense. His defense has always been solid. He is getting wide open looks on those 3s
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
Heat need to retool for game 3. That celtics could not solve that zone defense exposed the starting 5, and Brad Stevens to an extent. On the other hand, Lakers are full of older gentlemen who have seen such many times. They also have bigs who can dominate under the basket. Lebron is a big. As is AD. And Dwight. 2 of those guys can also get their own shot, and are excellent passers to decent shooters on the perimeter. Zone busted.

Heat may have to eat humble pie and stop trying to grind it out with the Lakers. Run pops out of breath, maybe stay close enough to win a game
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
birdman:
Heat need to retool for game 3. That celtics could not solve that zone defense exposed the starting 5, and Brad Stevens to an extent. On the other hand, Lakers are full of older gentlemen who have seen such many times. They also have bigs who can dominate under the basket. Lebron is a big. As is AD. And Dwight. 2 of those guys can also get their own shot, and are excellent passers to decent shooters on the perimeter. Zone busted.

Heat may have to eat humble pie and stop trying to grind it out with the Lakers. Run pops out of breath, maybe stay close enough to win a game

Laker would destroy them, it would be a bloodbath if they dare change from their zone defence, the only option could've been a shell zone like the Nuggets played, but they lack the personnel. Spo already made his adjustments for game 2 and they still struggled. The only way they could compete is to continue to play zone, which is still useless against the Godzilla in the Laker uniform.

Bron and AD would feast on iso plays, they will literally hunt Kendrick Nunn, Herro and Robinson on every play and pass if double teamed. Plus they need a reliable third scoring option behind Jimmy and Bam on offence to compete.
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
birdman:

you mean liability on offense. His defense has always been solid. He is getting wide open looks on those 3s

No defense, some analysts legit called him a liability after Avery Bradley opted out of the bubble. They swore that he's only manageable on defense. The irony is that he contributed immensely to stop Jamal Murray during the Nuggets series
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
The Lakers are already hunting Herro/Robinson/Nun. Spo understands this and that is why he is employing the zone. However, every time the Heat came out of the zone, the attack on all 3 was even more vicious which accounted for most of their foul troubles.
I can’t get over my Celtics allowing the zone disrupt our basketball. Brad Stevens was very poor and I was clear about it during that series.
The one thing they can try is that basic pick and roll but it has to be Dragic/Bam combo and see if that unsettles the Lakers and get them in early foul trouble. The Celtics would have been a better matchup against the Lakers but the truth is we did not deserve to be in the finals
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 12:46am On Oct 04, 2020
Roland17:
The Lakers are already hunting Herro/Robinson/Nun. Spo understands this and that is why he is employing the zone. However, every time the Heat came out of the zone, the attack on all 3 was even more vicious which accounted for most of their foul troubles.
I can’t get over my Celtics allowing the zone disrupt our basketball. Brad Stevens was very poor and I was clear about it during that series.
The one thing they can try is that basic pick and roll but it has to be Dragic/Bam combo and see if that unsettles the Lakers and get them in early foul trouble. The Celtics would have been a better matchup against the Lakers but the truth is we did not deserve to be in the finals

The pick and roll will also be less effective if you’re meeting Dwight/AD/Bron/Kief at the rim. I could count at least four to five times when Jimmy had his shots swatted by Bron last night alone, God help your body if you’re Bam after getting banged up multiple times.

At least the Celtics have three good guards and multiple scoring options, the heats are playing with Herro who was still playing high school basketball in 2018 as their main scoring option outside of Jimmy. Kelly Olynyk had a bit of flurries which will dry up if the Lakers focus on him.

It’s going to be a mismatched and boring series, but I’m loving it grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 1:44am On Oct 04, 2020
Roland17:

I agree with this....
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:54am On Oct 04, 2020
xwolverine:

The pick and roll will also be less effective if you’re meeting Dwight/AD/Bron/Kief at the rim. I could count at least four to five times when Jimmy had his shots swatted by Bron last night alone, God help your body if you’re Bam after getting banged up multiple times.

At least the Celtics have three good guards and multiple scoring options, the heats are playing with Herro who was still playing high school basketball in 2018 as their main scoring option outside of Jimmy. Kelly Olynyk had a bit of flurries which will dry up if the Lakers focus on him.

It’s going to be a mismatched and boring series, but I’m loving it grin grin grin

Hmmm..Not necessarily..Bam is a skilled big man and makes great decisions whenever he is under the paint. If he rolls to Dwight, it will be easier in comparison to AD. The idea is to do enough to force a bucket, free one of Herro or Robinson or get the Lakers in foul trouble. The Heat have not tried the pick and roll in this series, not last night for sure because they don't have th body to complete the roll. A Dragic/ Bam may offer them something on offense because both are skilled scorers inside the paint.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:15am On Oct 04, 2020
xwolverine:

Laker would destroy them, it would be a bloodbath if they dare change from their zone defence, the only option could've been a shell zone like the Nuggets played, but they lack the personnel. Spo already made his adjustments for game 2 and they still struggled. The only way they could compete is to continue to play zone, which is still useless against the Godzilla in the Laker uniform.

Bron and AD would feast on iso plays, they will literally hunt Kendrick Nunn, Herro and Robinson on every play and pass if double teamed. Plus they need a reliable third scoring option behind Jimmy and Bam on offence to compete.

lol so you saying this is a bad situation for spoelstra grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Roland17:

Hmmm..Not necessarily..Bam is a skilled big man and makes great decisions whenever he is under the paint. If he rolls to Dwight, it will be easier in comparison to AD. The idea is to do enough to force a bucket, free one of Herro or Robinson or get the Lakers in foul trouble. The Heat have not tried the pick and roll in this series, not last night for sure because they don't have th body to complete the roll. A Dragic/ Bam may offer them something on offense because both are skilled scorers inside the paint.

That Dragic Bam Pick n Roll was their bread and butter during previous series. Dragic is really a huge loss.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2020
For me, it's Harden and Giannis.

Bron
KD
AD
Kawhi
Steph

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
I knew Bron was his favourite player but I didn't know he was this big of a fan. Now they're teammates and they're about to win a chip together. Really happy for him.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
Tom Brady...

Say his name.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Heat making things interesting. I love it. They're doing a great job on Bron and AD so far.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 05, 2020
AD has always had problems passing out of double teams. He got better as the season progressed but he's allowing Iggy to bother him today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 05, 2020
LeBrick stays bricking free throws. SMH
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 05, 2020
Ended the quarter well. This is looking a bit like game 1, Heat build a huge lead, Lakers slowing chip into it and it turns into a blowout.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Kuzma is playing well today. Moving his feet against Butler and making a few shots on the other end. About time he showed up.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:25am On Oct 05, 2020
The Heat defense at the top of the key has been very very poor!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 05, 2020
The Heat coming out desperate as they should. They've just played with a lot more intensity. Those soft fouls called on AD haven't helped either.

We should turn this around in the 3rd.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 05, 2020
Roland17:
The Heat defense at the top of the key has been very very poor!

Doing a great job of pestering the ball handler and denying the entry pass. When the pass does go in, they get very physical and when theres dribble penetration they collapse. They've been very solid defensively. If they had shown this intensity in the first two games, maybe we'd be telling a different story now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) (1605) (1606) (1607) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.