Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1608240 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
Chris Paul has been traded to the Suns.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:12pm On Nov 16, 2020
Roland17:
Chris Paul has been traded to the Suns.
angry cry cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2020
aliondo:

angry cry cry

It’s going to be a long season for you guys. I expect OKC to move Adams now too. You are getting Rubio/ K. Oubre and some picks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:38am On Nov 17, 2020
J. Holiday has been traded to the Bucks

Harden has turned down a contract extension with the Rockets and has demanded a trade to the B. Nets.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:21am On Nov 17, 2020
Some crazy moves going on in the league. CP3 to the Suns. Could get them to the playoffs though, but that's it. I've always been skeptical about guard combos. That's not the recipe for a championship, except of course if you're the greatest shooting backcourt of all time. The best combo for a chip is the guard-big man combo, or two wings to a lesser degree. That's why I want Harden to go Philly and Simmons to go the other way. Both teams would be better off.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:17am On Nov 17, 2020
Roland17:
J. Holiday has been traded to the Bucks

Harden has turned down a contract extension with the Rockets and has demanded a trade to the B. Nets.
Is it just me or these teams are giving way too much for these guards.

The Suns gave too much for cp3
Blazers for Covington
Bucks for Jrue.

It's too much.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
SmooshCHN:

Blazers for Covington
Bucks for Jrue.

It's too much.

Everyone is desperate that’s the truth. The market does not have a lot of valuable pieces, so they over pay for the few available and teams want to win now.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2020
Roland17:

Everyone is desperate that’s the truth. The market does not have a lot of valuable pieces, so they over pay for the few available and teams want to win now.

True. Many teams want to win now. Demand is far in excess of supply. Price will rise.
Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2020
I agree but Phoenix has a solid big man in Ayton, i think CP3 can have similar impact like Nash for the Suns in the mid 2000's
steady986:
Some crazy moves going on in the league. CP3 to the Suns. Could get them to the playoffs though, but that's it. I've always been skeptical about guard combos. That's not the recipe for a championship, except of course if you're the greatest shooting backcourt of all time. The best combo for a chip is the guard-big man combo, or two wings to a lesser degree. That's why I want Harden to go Philly and Simmons to go the other way. Both teams would be better off.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2020
steady986:

A good move for the Suns....I see them as the surprise team next season...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
Roland17:

It’s going to be a long season for you guys. I expect OKC to move Adams now too. You are getting Rubio/ K. Oubre and some picks.

Na to turn Nets fan be that oh..After all,my gee is there....(K.D) wink smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2020
aliondo:

A good move for the Suns....I see them as the surprise team next season...

Surprise to make the playoffs, because honestly, it's gon be very tight in the west next year
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
Markswag101:
I agree but Phoenix has a solid big man in Ayton, i think CP3 can have similar impact like Nash for the Suns in the mid 2000's
Well, Ayton is not a championship piece. Not yet.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 10:08am On Nov 18, 2020
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2020
The beast is fully grown! shocked Former GM had been massaging Harden's ego for years, even firing coaches just so Harden could play iso and rack up points. But now the beast can no longer be tamed - instead of looking in the mirror and changing his game, he wants out. I know it will end in frustration, wether he stays in houston or not because Harden is selfish.

Personally, I have been hoping Harden and Morey got shipped out as early as 3 seasons ago. I want to see what Silas jr can do - we need some young guns who can take instructions, and if we make the trades right, maybe even wait one season, we can get a team better than what we have now.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
steady986:

Well, Ayton is not a championship piece. Not yet.

CP3 has a way of elevating players, there is no telling how that suns team will look mid season. We may have another Denver danger in the west
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
birdman:
The beast is fully grown! shocked Former GM had been massaging Harden's ego for years, even firing coaches just so Harden could play iso and rack up points. But now the beast can no longer be tamed - instead of looking in the mirror and changing his game, he wants out. I know it will end in frustration, wether he stays in houston or not because Harden is selfish.

Personally, I have been hoping Harden and Morey got shipped out as early as 3 seasons ago. I want to see what Silas jr can do - we need some young guns who can take instructions, and if we make the trades right, maybe even wait one season, we can get a team better than what we have now.

But truth is that with the current roster put together by Morey their championship window was over. it was a culdesac. No way out of it. Best bet is to start all over again.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2020
#6 pick, Onyeka Okongwu repping Nigeria with Green White Green flag!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:32am On Nov 19, 2020
The Celtics pick Aaron Nesmith (SF) with the 14th pick. We definitely need a shooter and we hope that is what Aaron brings.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:33am On Nov 19, 2020
My igbo brothers I greet you grin You have like 5 picks in round 1 if the draft. Lots of players to watch next season. This will be sweet

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skepticus: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2020
Markswag101:

The Phoenix Suns have a good history with guards.

CP might bring some maturity to the team. An over saturation of guards might be another problem.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2020
SmooshCHN:

Blazers for Covington
Bucks for Jrue.

It's too much.
Desperation. I feel especially sorry for the Bucks should they lose Giannis.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:23am On Nov 19, 2020
I see Doc Rivers trading for his son in law. No be only Nigeria man know man dey go oh.

Richardson should add some defense and Tyler Bey is a very good steal and smart pickup off that trade. The Mavs front office made some nice picks

Sixers move All Horford for Danny Green and also give away 1 first round pick and a second round pick
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2020
birdman:

CP3 has a way of elevating players, there is no telling how that suns team will look mid season. We may have another Denver danger in the west
The likes of DeAndre Jordan owe their careers to CP3. If he's healthy the Suns could squeak into the playoffs and take OKC's spot

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:31am On Nov 19, 2020
Heard Klay Thompson is injured again. Achilles
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2020
A40:
Desperation. I feel especially sorry for the Bucks should they lose Giannis.
These teams are simping hard sort of. grin The Bucks are not winning anything with Middleton as the second best player. Giannis's style of play sef get him own handicap when playoffs come so it makes no sense as to why the Bucks are doing too much.

A40:
Heard Klay Thompson is injured again. Achilles
cry
That right leg was compensating for his ACL injury and doing way too much work. I'm hurt ngl. I thought we'd just need to draft Wiseman and pick up where we left off. I hope he comes back strong.
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 8:13am On Nov 19, 2020
NOW A CHARLOTTE HORNETS FAN. cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2020
Udoka Azubike
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
SmooshCHN:
These teams are simping hard sort of. grin The Bucks are not winning anything with Middleton as the second best player. Giannis's style of play sef get him own handicap when playoffs come so it makes no sense as to why the Bucks are doing too much.

cry
That right leg was compensating for his ACL injury and doing way too much work. I'm hurt ngl. I thought we'd just need to draft Wiseman and pick up where we left off. I hope he comes back strong.

This is really sad. Must be devastating for Warrior fans. Let's pray he recovers fully. The league needs Klay healthy. Rare talent.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
I can’t wait.. I have been saying it for over a year now.. I can’t wait for the return.

#Slimreaper.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2020
Klay's out for the season with a torn achilles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnUJuxxTO_o

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2190) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.