Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:07 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1589680 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) ... (2186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:49am On Jun 08, 2021
Shittaakeem:
Disappointed.
3's everywhere
Wow good thing Lakers got eliminated early it would have been 4-7 for LeBron

Admit it, you miss him
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Cancun may come earlier than anticipated.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:50am On Jun 08, 2021
Im afraid to do the math, but its looking like a 50pt whacking shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:59am On Jun 08, 2021
We have seen Weirder games. The Bucks may just get both games at home. grin
Roland17:
Cancun may come earlier than anticipated.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:01am On Jun 08, 2021
benji93:
We have seen Weirder games. The Bucks may just get both games at home. grin

For the sake of competition I desperately hope the Bucks get both home games. NBA no go find am funny if this series end sharp sharp!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34am On Jun 08, 2021
A fast paced game.. The Joker is able to match this pace, pass, play under the rim and knock down 3s, that can be an issue for Ayton and the Suns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On Jun 08, 2021
Both teams struggling to separate leads..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:08am On Jun 08, 2021
See as the City of Los Angeles dey put themselves for disadvantage during home games! Other cities have lifted restrictions and are enjoying strong home support/ cheers from their fans but LA too dey overdo and still dey use cardboard of fans with only 33% of capacity. Guess how much capacity the Jazz will have? 100%..That can make a lot of difference between a win/ loss.
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 7:35am On Jun 08, 2021
birdman:

Admit it, you miss him
Yeah
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:34am On Jun 09, 2021
The Hawks have the Sixers exactly where they want them!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2021
The Sixers seem to have settled down and now hitting shots..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:55am On Jun 09, 2021
S. Milton bringing the spark from the bench and matching the perimeter scoring of the Hawks.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:29am On Jun 09, 2021
Ben Simmons at it again, averaging a triple single. Another case of giving the max way too early

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:59am On Jun 09, 2021
Kai! Injury Na to bad thing sha! Watching D. Cousins run just made sad in some ways. This was dominant and promising player until injuries derailed everything.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:07am On Jun 09, 2021
Roland17:
Kai! Injury Na to bad thing sha! Watching D. Cousins run just made sad in some ways. This was dominant and promising player until injuries derailed everything.

He is a study of why it is always better to secure the bag as early as possible.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:21am On Jun 09, 2021
Khanben:

He is a study of why it is always better to secure the bag as early as possible.

When he made that run after stealing the ball from Gobert, I just became sad. His form while running was troubling, he looked wobbly and it just made me really sad because I knew a younger Cousins before injuries. You are right.. he should have secured his bag way early because in sports, nothing is guaranteed. It’s the reason players like C. Bosh/ L. Aldridge can retire very early even when they still have enough to give.. they have secured the bag enough..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:41am On Jun 09, 2021
Khanben:
Ben Simmons at it again, averaging a triple single. Another case of giving the max way too early

Haha.. can you imagine Embiid with a scoring PG who can also pass and make FTs?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:59am On Jun 09, 2021
What a strong finish to the game.. That scramble to react to the ball movement for that last second shot ultimately leading to a Gobert block was spectacular to watch. This is going to be a great series! Waooooo
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 6:27am On Jun 09, 2021
GOBERT showing up when it matters most and also showing why he got the max contract. Still the best defensive player in the NBA to me...

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2021
joshboo:

How old are you again?? Every Night lebum, this, lebum that. Ogbeni worry about your team getting Molested Night in Night out and
Worry about one of your biggest earners in kemba scrubbing up come playoffs I mean dude's earning 35 million per year and stil thrash. Even though you have no direct impact in solving your teams conundrum. STFU and enjoy one of the greatest players of all time and appreciate him while he's still around than choking on your hate.

U took this post out my mind.
I just tire for roland17 and the rest always referring to him as Lebum or Lefraud.

Very childish and disrespectful.
There is no player that doesn't have badnights atimes, even jordan and kobe had bad night and bad quarters.

The man they call lebum and lefraud has been at worst AMONGS THE BEST 3 PLAYERS FOR EACH OF THE LAST 12 SEASONS.

EVEN PLAYED BETTER THAN THE FINALS MVP'S IN THE OPPOSING TEAM in those FINALS HE LOST.

The are calling him Lebum and Lefraud like he is soooo overated.

It's really silly.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:58am On Jun 09, 2021
Congrats to the MVP Joker. Well and truly deserved. Also the Lowest ever draft pick to win the award. Simply amazing!

Only Gawd knows the amount of talent the NBA has missed out on in European, Africa and South america. Glad that's been corrected now.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
The Bucks have been woeful this past 2 games and the best result they'll get is a gentleman sweep. The buck(pun intended) starts and ends at the feet of the two people and they are the Superstar player and the Coach.

It's pretty clear to everyone that Giannis is currently unable to elevate His game come playoff time due to His offensive limitations. Sloppy handles, a broken jumper, zero post moves and most importantly an abysmal Free throw shooting percentage are four of those limitations and If He does not fix the latter two, He'd continue to run into the same obstacles year in year out. He is easiest No1 option of a contending team to game plan against.

A good way however to help counter the skillset He is currently lacking is giving Him a genuine top 5-10 player in the League to serve as a co-star to take a lot of the pressure off Him but unfortunately no Free agent of that calibre will even consider Milwaukee as a destination of Choice. Kawhi,Steph or Luka would be perfect and to a lesser extent Lillard or Beal

Now to the Coach, some are coaches are great in the Regular season whilst others come alive in the post season, Bud falls into the latter category. He is good at getting good teams 50+ wins in the Regular season but once post season comes around He falters. He makes Zero adjustments come crunch time and if plan A does not work, He is left clueless.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
It's simply Banter. If you don't get that then you have a lot of history to revise. Nobody denies his greatness. In fact, the argument here has always been about the GOAT, I am not sure what you mean by "like he's so overrated". Read and learn man.
nairamaniac:

U took this post out my mind.
I just tire for roland17 and the rest always referring to him as Lebum or Lefraud.

Very childish and disrespectful.
There is no player that doesn't have badnights atimes, even jordan and kobe had bad night and bad quarters.

The man they call lebum and lefraud has been at worst AMONGS THE BEST 3 PLAYERS FOR EACH OF THE LAST 12 SEASONS.

EVEN PLAYED BETTER THAN THE FINALS MVP'S IN THE OPPOSING TEAM in those FINALS HE LOST.

The are calling him Lebum and Lefraud like he is soooo overated.

It's really silly.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
I sincerely hope this talk about Durant vs Giannis will unleash a different kind of beast in Giannis in the lead up to winning this series. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
benji93:
It's simply Banter. If you don't get that then you have a lot of history to revise. Nobody denies his greatness. In fact, the argument here has always been about the GOAT, I am not sure what you mean by "like he's so overrated". Read and learn man.

It becomes more than a banta when u want to permanently change his real name.

U may not deny his greatness(cos u can't), but you want to Dilute it to as little/low as possible.

U shd know what I mean by "AS IF HE IS SOOO OVERATED".

Sounding like everyone who places him as a great is blind or kind of overating him.

See that last baba roland17 used one quarter he made 1 in 4, to berate the greatness of his 18season career.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
I am sorry, but when it comes to the GOAT conversation everything comes to the fore. Every detail. Every series. Besides i don't think @Roland17 uses it that much. Besides the LeFraud, LeBum( i once called Le(3-6)Bron. cheesy) has become so common that we all sides look beyond it, so it's an absolute waste of time harping on this matter. Besides in our GOAT conversations, if you bring up the 10 finals argument of course, if i claim it's bullshit, especially in the GOAT conversation, it simply means it's overrated, which also means he's overrated. Very simple argument. The fact that you don't get this baffles me.
nairamaniac:

It becomes more than a banta when u want to permanently change his real name.

U may not deny his greatness(cos u can't), but you want to Dilute it to as little/low as possible.

U shd know what I mean by "AS IF HE IS SOOO OVERATED".

Sounding like everyone who places him as a great is blind or kind of overating him.

See that last baba roland17 used one quarter he made 1 in 4, to berate the greatness of his 18season career.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
benji93:
I am sorry, but when it comes to the GOAT conversation everything comes to the fore. Every detail. Every series. Besides i don't think @Roland17 uses it that much. Besides the LeFraud, LeBum( i once called Le(3-6)Bron. cheesy) has become so common that we all sides look beyond it, so it's an absolute waste of time harping on this matter. Besides in our GOAT conversations, if you bring up the 10 finals argument of course, if i claim it's bullshit, especially in the GOAT conversation, it simply means it's overrated, which also means he's overrated. Very simple argument. The fact that you don't get this baffles me.

Oga, you are speaking in puzzles and parables.

Like you deliberately don't want me(us) to completely understand you, so that you use a reverse psychology on me(us) by terming us *Dull* or *U being BAFFLED that we don't understand things*.

For the fact that you wrote a very long epistle with the best of queen's english doesn't negate the fact that you are not talking intelligently.

For instance which one is *ROLAND17 DOESNT USE THE TERMS LEBUM OR LEFRAUD THAT MUCH*.

Dat he used it at all even once or twice in his life was enough for me and joshboo to criticize him and question his age.

Or should we wait till he uses it exactly 1million times??

Guy, intelligence is *U SPEAKING INTELLIGENTLY AND MAKING IT SIMPLE FOR OTHERS TO UNDERSTAND*

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
benji93:
I am sorry, but when it comes to the GOAT conversation

And so bloody what? Even when it comes to goat conversation's when placing lebron next to Jordan or kobe or jabar, u haven't stated anything he does wrong enuf or not good enuf to be soo overated amongst them.

That he won 3finals in 8 doesn't make him a bum or a fraud.

He has been invidually in top 3mvp to top 5 for past 12seasons apart from seasons he was injured.

He has been individually the best player on the court in all the finals besides the one against durant in his last finals in cleveland.

And we know that's becos durant was in a much more better team/system than lebron.

Even kobe you allllllll opppeeeen your wide mouths open to say he is the genuine clutch-player ahead of lebron wasn't even the best player on his own team for the first three finals he won in the Lakers.

Thank God he made up for that later with 2more finals, but we all remember how he got swept with that same team enroute to the 3rd conservative-finals.

I'm using your own yardstick of FINALS-PERFORMANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN ARGUEMENTS NOW.
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2021
benji93:
. Besides in our GOAT conversations, if you bring up the 10 finals argument of course, if i claim it's bullshit, especially in the GOAT conversation, it simply means it's overrated, which also means he's overrated. Very simple argument. The fact that you don't get this baffles me.

Are you saying that him leading his teams to 10finals is overrated as a point of aguement to emphasize his greatness?

I wish we could just meet in real life so I can give you the embelebe treatment he gave to that woman that burnt a 5year old child's head. grin grin grin
Well, just kidding with the violent act.

But somehow you deserve some friendly-slaps if that's what you meant.

Azin, some of those finals were kind of easy, cos east was weak.

But some where very very difficult.

Last year, no one expected lakers as at beginning of season to beat the clippers of the west.

Yet, after killing clippers, most haters came on to say "he wouldn't have succeeded without AD".
YET, lebron got the mvp.
Then haters came on to say AD Dominated both ends of court.

You guys gotta give props when it's due bro.

Let's forget all these many talks, we are both pulling this thread several pages behind.

I'm enjoying this thread more than all these our many talks.

Take care bros

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
benji93:
I sincerely hope this talk about Durant vs Giannis will unleash a different kind of beast in Giannis in the lead up to winning this series. grin
. Giannis is only more physical and athletic than durant.

But durant is the most efficient, most versatile, most fluet scorer since kobe and jordan.

Also, he occupies more space defensively that 90% of players in the nba with his heght and wingspan.

He has more as much scoring moves as Prime-Tracy-Mcgrady.

Shoots as good as Curry to an extent.

Legwork from a post as good as olajuwon.

Leap as high as lebron with that wingspan

Durant would have gotten at least 4 regular season mvp if he had stayed with OKC at the rate he was going.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
First bolded: For someone who's intelligent, i find it hard to understand why you would use that. When I say you are confused now you will complain. What has Kobe got to do with this?
Second bolded: You have literally not done anything. Bringing Kobe and Durant into this is unnecessary. Most won't consider Kobe GOAT, not even Jabar, not when he played alongside a point guard who's easily top 5.
He's not competing with Kobe.
Your "you've not stated anything he does wrong enuf or not good enuf" is quite childish. I am sorry to say that. In the GOAT conversation people bring up the 9 straight argument. Nice but losing 6 of them doesn't help your case. Second best is what you are. grin
In the Cleveland series in 2015, your guy averaged almost 36 points/game with 40% FG%. You would assume he was spectacular until you look at the FG%.
All you have done here is sing his praises, which is expected. It doesn't help him in the GOAT conversation though. Sorry, it is what it is.
nairamaniac:

And so bloody what? Even when it comes to goat conversation's when placing lebron next to Jordan or kobe or jabar, u haven't stated anything he does wrong enuf or not good enuf to be soo overated amongst them.

That he won 3finals in 8 doesn't make him a bum or a fraud.

He has been invidually in top 3mvp to top 5 for past 12seasons apart from seasons he was injured.

He has been individually the best player on the court in all the finals besides the one against durant in his last finals in cleveland.

And we know that's becos durant was in a much more better team/system than lebron.

Even kobe you allllllll opppeeeen your wide mouths open to say he is the genuine clutch-player ahead of lebron wasn't even the best player on his own team for the first three finals he won in the Lakers.

Thank God he made up for that later with 2more finals, but we all remember how he got swept with that same team enroute to the 3rd conservative-finals.

I'm using your own yardstick of FINALS-PERFORMANCE TO WIN YOUR OWN ARGUEMENTS NOW.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
Not as good as Hakeem i am afraid. Sorry, for me nobody touches Hakeem. cheesy. He would be in the GOAT conversation if not for the sparsely talented pool of players he played with. And please when comparing people, do not use as good as, then to an extent. I have no idea what that means. Besides, i am not arguing those points on Durant. The series is looking like a sweep, i am only hoping Giannis gets angry enough to make it interesting.
nairamaniac:
. Giannis is only more physical and athletic than durant.

But durant is the most efficient, most versatile, most fluet scorer since kobe and jordan.

Also, he occupies more space defensively that 90% of players in the nba with his heght and wingspan.

He has more as much scoring moves as Prime-Tracy-Mcgrady.

Shoots as good as Curry to an extent.

Legwork from a post as good as olajuwon.

Leap as high as lebron with that wingspan

Durant would have gotten at least 4 regular season mvp if he had stayed with OKC at the rate he was going.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) ... (2186) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.