Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616693 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41am On Jun 17, 2021
Defense is optional thus far in this game..

Both teams throwing haymakers

Jazz v Clippers
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:44am On Jun 17, 2021
The man shot 4 of 14 from the free-throw line. I mean his name is more or less synonymous with "bad free throw shooter".
Roland17:

If I talk dem go say I dey talk..
They better trade the expensive Lonzo Ball.. We are talking about Max players here, one is supposed to be your 2nd best player!!! @birdman talk say Tobias can knock down shots!
The Hawks pretty much stopped the clock, slowed the pace of the game by sending Simmons to the free throw line throughout the 2nd half and it worked.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:47am On Jun 17, 2021
Roland17:

If I talk dem go say I dey talk..
They better trade the expensive Lonzo Ball.. We are talking about a Max players here, one is supposed to be your 2nd best player!!!
The Hawks pretty much stopped the clock, slowed the pace of the game by sending Simmons to the free throw line throughout the 2nd half and it worked.

Talk your talk abeg. You say expensive Lonzo Ball but Ben wishes He has shown the type of improvement Lonzo has shown on the offensive end. Sixers must be kicking themselves with amount of talent they passed up on in both the 2016 and 2017 draft. Tatum, D.Fox, Mitchell,jaylen Brown,Jamal Murray Heck even Brogdon.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:50am On Jun 17, 2021
chic2pimp:

Bruh I said It's all in His Head. Once He gets it all figured out, you'll see the beast in Him unleashed. I reckon either Him or Embiid has to be traded first as I firmly believe He has to have a team built around Him to enable Him to flourish.

Also I said, He had "MVP Potential" coming into the League and that Still stands. Most overwhelming Numero Uno NBA draft picks have it. King James is probably the odd one out here. His was a case of "MVP in Waiting" not "Potential MVP".
Are you still waiting for Ben Simmons to unleash the beast in him grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:54am On Jun 17, 2021
Ben Simmons is such a fraud. I don't even want to hear anything. How do you take 14 free throws and finish with 8 points

I have been preaching for years now this dude is pure rubbish on the court. Any team or GM that thinks you can win anything with Ben Simmons as your second best player is smoking crack grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:54am On Jun 17, 2021
benji93:
The man shot 4 of 14 from the free-throw line. I mean his name is more or less synonymous with "bad free throw shooter".

Watch the 3rd and 4th quarter and the strategy to get back into the game for the Hawks was simple..

Get Simmons to the free throw line and more importantly, STOP THE CLOCK! Guess what? It worked.

It helped the Hawks disrupt any offensive rhythm the Sixers had because of the numerous stops.

It gave the Hawks time to regroup while he was on the line to pretty much set up offensive plays.

When they had caught up and were within 10pts, better still without foul trouble because of the Hack A Simmons, they stoped the Hack, went through their offensive schemes and progressions.

They pretty much had Trae force his way into the paint which made the Sixers defense sag and collapse, inevitably opening another Hawk because of the help defense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:55am On Jun 17, 2021
birdman:
One game and everyone is on d bandwagon. One game!
Na you Bronsexuals dey in denial. Healthy KD is the difference maker in today's league.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:58am On Jun 17, 2021
chic2pimp:

Talk your talk abeg. You say expensive Lonzo Ball but Ben wishes He has shown the type of improvement Lonzo has shown on the offensive end. Sixers must be kicking themselves with amount of talent they passed up on in both the 2016 and 2017 draft. Tatum, D.Fox, Mitchell,jaylen Brown,Jamal Murray Heck even Brogdon.

People wen I no dey see.. Dem sabi basketball?

The only reason why I would blame Doc is because he was stubborn and decided to go against his instincts.

When the Hawks were hacking Simmons to the free throw line, without any doubts, he knew Simmons should have hit the bench but he did not want to fall for the obvious narrative.

He was desperately hoping they could fight through the disruptions, win the game and still say they won the game despite the hack tactics.

You can’t be paying someone max money and all he is giving you is what Milton and Thybulle can give you on the defensive end but the latter offer added offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:03am On Jun 17, 2021
Bogdanovic abeg Na which soap u use come dis night?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:09am On Jun 17, 2021
Roland17:
@Birdman I hope you did not switch stations because this is Dejavu all over again!

Ol boy, I switched stations o. I have only one liver abeg una no go kill me grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:10am On Jun 17, 2021
Roland17:

Black soap. We all need this soap
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:10am On Jun 17, 2021
birdman:

Ol boy, I switched stations o. I have only one liver abeg una no go kill me grin

grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:10am On Jun 17, 2021
birdman:

Black soap. We all need this soap

I Dey tell u!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:11am On Jun 17, 2021
I hope I don’t jinx PG13 with this shoutout.

He has been good over the last 2 games and has come out aggressive in this game
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Jun 17, 2021
That has to be a tech on Morris.. You don’t walk over an opponent! Ty Lue should know this better.. haha
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:19am On Jun 17, 2021
Seth Curry and Embiid were the only players to hit a FG in the second half undecided shocked

Any serious minded sensible coach would sit Simmons starting with 4 minutes or less to go and a team within 15. That embarrassment will be his punishment till he learns to shoot free throws.

This man a poor man's Ben Wallace with handles and court vision ffs. And don't get me started on his overrated defense
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:31am On Jun 17, 2021
Agree 100% with shaq. Lights out shooting and only up 5? I smell trouble
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:37am On Jun 17, 2021
A40:
Are you still waiting for Ben Simmons to unleash the beast in him grin

Bruhhhhh why do you have to do me like that? embarassed embarassed. Tbf to me I did not envisage a total lack of commitment to Improving His offensive game when I made that statement two years ago. I also think His Dad forcing Him to shoot with his non dominant hand may have had more of an effect on His game than any of us imagined. He is a natural righty not a lefty and that's the Hand He should have learnt to shoot with.

Having said of all that, I make you right on the it's all in his head bit though because how do you explain His total refusal to shoot the ball? Unfortunately for Him, unless He turns Steph Curry overnight, I don't forsee any drastic improvements in His game which is a big shame has He had all the potential in the world coming into the draft.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:37am On Jun 17, 2021
A40:
Seth Curry and Embiid were the only players to hit a FG in the second half undecided shocked

Any serious minded sensible coach would sit Simmons starting with 4 minutes or less to go and a team within 15. That embarrassment will be his punishment till he learns to shoot free throws.

This man a poor man's Ben Wallace with handles and court vision ffs. And don't get me started on his overrated defense

Honestly it's Terrible, overrated coach in Doc, overrated players. Imagine Tobias n Simmons putting up A combined 12 points between them, Ben Simmons is all hype& a fraud that's the truth. Make him just thank him God he's got the max already cos at this point its downhill for him. Makes me wonder if these players ever care about improving themselves.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:46am On Jun 17, 2021
Roland17:

People wen I no dey see.. Dem sabi basketball?

The only reason why I would blame Doc is because he was stubborn and decided to go against his instincts.

When the Hawks were hacking Simmons to the free throw line, without any doubts, he knew Simmons should have hit the bench but he did not want to fall for the obvious narrative.

He was desperately hoping they could fight through the disruptions, win the game and still say they won the game despite the hack tactics.

You can’t be paying someone max money and all he is giving you is what Milton and Thybulle can give you on the defensive end but the latter offer added offense.

Cheiiiiiiii this sounds even more awful in writing. So in otherwise find a non contending team that will be happily take on His contract and go find yourself a Shooting Point guard before Embiid's window closes embarassed embarassed

Omo Playoff P heard yall talking smack over the past few months. He wants all of the smoke today.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:11am On Jun 17, 2021
chic2pimp:

Bruhhhhh why do you have to do me like that? embarassed embarassed. Tbf to me I did not envisage a total lack of commitment to Improving His offensive game when I made that statement two years ago. I also think His Dad forcing Him to shoot with his non dominant hand may have had more of an effect on His game than any of us imagined. He is a natural righty not a lefty and that's the Hand He should have learnt to shoot with.

Having said of all that, I make you right on the it's all in his head bit though because how do you explain His total refusal to shoot the ball? Unfortunately for Him, unless He turns Steph Curry overnight, I don't forsee any drastic improvements in His game which is a big shame has He had all the potential in the world coming into the draft.
Ben Simmons been in the league since 2016. What did he do from his eventual debut in 2017 to now?

I read that he had a background in Aussie Rules football/rugby perhaps that formed his tendencies that he's not quite been able to adjust

A #1 pick really should be a generational level talent for any team hoping to compete. When I start hearing well he influences the game in a lot of other ways besides scoring I know say comma don enter. That is ok for the 17th pick of the draft not #1.

I don't know if it's a head thing or maybe a player who is now comfortable in his limitations like a dried fish that you can't bend anymore. Which is why whether it's Game 1 or Game 7 Ben Simmons is taking 3 shots in the first half. There's never the intuition to give every game whatever it needs whether due to lack of ability or confidence or both. Game 4 it was Embiid struggling and he couldn't pick up the slack, game 5 it was Harris and he couldn't pick up the slack.

When it comes to playoff basketball putting the ball in the cup is the most important trait for me which is why I can't ever rate guys like Ben Simmons no matter what they do slides scoring.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:22am On Jun 17, 2021
joshboo:

Honestly it's Terrible, overrated coach in Doc, overrated players. Imagine g Tobias n Simmons putting up A bombined 12 points between them, Ben Simmons is all hype& a fraud that's the truth. Make him just thank him God he's got the max already cos at this point its downhill for him. Makes me wonder if these players ever care about improving themselves.
Doc Rivers about to oversee another chokejob.

Philly are really bleeped with that millstone contract of his and Tobias Harris if not for Seth Curry it would have been a lot more embarrassing
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2021
A40:
There's a reason triple doubles don't excite me in today's positionless basketball. A player as skilled as KD can get a triple double every blessed night if he sets out to. In today's pick and roll league assists are also super easy to rack up and it merely comes down to your teammates ability to make shots

True. Some just go out there to pad their stats without willingness to win the game from the very 1st quarter.

Scoring has always been the hardest and most important of them all.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Roland17:

I’ve always liked him. His shooting form is out of this world and he can shoot the lights out.

The Lakers should have picked him at whatever price then, instead they went for bricklayers. angry

Not to forget professional scorer Lou. He has been huge for the Hawks.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
nairamaniac:

True. Some just go out there to pad their stats without willingness to win the game from the very 1st quarter.

Scoring has always been the hardest and most important of them all.
My thing is no really great player will refuse to fix such glaring flaws to the point where you are now a liability to your teammates

In the playoffs teams zero in on you like crazy and that's why even a big like Embiid can go for 4/20. Scoring is super difficult and by far the hardest thing to do in the postseason people need to realize this. It's why MJ is the GOAT
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2021
Man if Paul George leads these Clippers to the final that has to be the end of the slander. Hell Ty Lue too who keeps getting disrespected
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
A40:
Man if Paul George leads these Clippers to the final that has to be the end of the slander. Hell Ty Lue too who keeps getting disrespected

Ty Lue letting his gray hair show he can get some respect. No. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
Roland17:

Underated in my own opinion... shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
A40:

I am so careful not to jinx the man because over the last 3 games he has reminded us of who he really he. He is mixing up his offense and facilitating plays on both ends of the court. You are right, if he takes this team to the finals without Kawhi, his respect level will increase.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2021
aliondo:

Underrated in my own opinion... shocked

Yes sir! Problem is, he plays in Utah and most people don't get to see him as much.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
This playoffs is so unpredictable that the so-called "analysts" keep changing their minds from one night to another. Na to shut up and watch ooo. I won't be surprised if the Bucks get the game tonight.(None of the teams has lost a game at home so there's no reason not to think so). And for Utah vs Clippers, dem don dey talk say, the Utah Jazz are done blabla, only for you to see them blow out the Clippers tomorrow with playoff P back to factory settings cheesy. I hope i am wrong about this man for once. I love unpredictability. I expect a monster game from Giannis tonight, he better. I hope calling KD the best player in the world is patting him on the back. I don't think he's someone that would do such a thing, unless he felt he really got sonned. grin. Come out with vengeance.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2021
Carlisle out! Did not see this coming. I m going to guess Cuban hiring an analytics guy has pissed off the old guard. First Donnie Nelson, Now Carlisle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1725) (1726) (1727) (1728) (1729) (1730) (1731) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.