Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,013 members, 7,799,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1608155 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) ... (2190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:24am On Jul 06, 2021
Hey @Joshboo and Chic2pimp

What are 9ja’s chances of medaling at the Olympics track events? Any knowledge about field events? Shotput, weightlifting? I reckon we qualified for the men’s basketball and are in Group B, I will be following that closely. How good is that team?
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 2:19am On Jul 06, 2021
Roland17:

Alaye, I figured.. So was Kobe before he retired when Tatum entered and KD now.

Yea, The Kobe picture would have worked but Kobe was not doing it big when Tatum came into the league. Kobe had retired by then. The KD picture would have worked because KD is still doing it big now but Tatum was much older than he was in the Lebron picture. The summary is, the guy is bragging about Lebron's longevity. I am not speaking in defense of Lebron, just providing a perspective.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:23am On Jul 06, 2021
The Canadiens kill a 4 minute power play in the OT and score the all important goal afterwards to win and avoid a sweep. As for my Cubs? Well, let’s just say we are riding to our 10th strategy loss. I figured it was a matter of time before the true realities of this team showed up.

Finally, congrats to Nate McMillan as the Hawks remove the interim tag and both parties agree to a 4 year contract. Well deserved sir!!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2021
Roland17:

Alaye, I figured.. So was Kobe before he retired when Tatum entered and KD now.

I go komot ya teeth now now
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:32am On Jul 06, 2021
Android17:

Yea, The Kobe picture would have worked but Kobe was not doing it big when Tatum came into the league. Kobe had retired by then. The KD picture would have worked because KD is still doing it big now but Tatum was much older than he was in the Lebron picture. The summary is, the guy is bragging about Lebron's longevity. I am not speaking in defense of Lebron, just providing a perspective.

Wagbayiii.. you broke it down perfectly even though father time is finally catching up with him, he's been doinh it for years since the best player at the moment in the celtic organisation was a lil-baby, its all bants sha but all love too at the end of the day.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:55am On Jul 06, 2021
Roland17:

What are 9ja’s chances of medaling at the Olympics track events? Any knowledge about field events? Shotput, weightlifting? I reckon we qualified for the men’s basketball and are in Group B, I will be following that closely. How good is that team?

TBH no hope in any category,or better still slight iota of hope. Our best chance of any medals at all is okagbare, albeit her best chance is either silver or Bronze, the men are an utter disgrace. We no even meet the qualifying time for the 4×100m imagine!!! Omo politics has killed every facet of sports in this country from football which used to be our rallying point to other sporting categories.
Our Bball team has good prospects but for starters most of the naija guys called up playing in tge NBA hardly get game time between, most of the guys are first time invitees they don't have so much time to build up that chemistry amongst them, our group is actually an open one, any of the teams fit qualify. For the women bball NO HOPE, our group na straight up killing, we can't beat the usa and france... japan wey we fit try beat come be host nation, you know most of the calls would be in their favor. We have other categories like table tennis where we used to be pretty decent but we've dropped so bad over the years, inadequate funding and lack of proper preparation is one of our biggest undoings, it's really sad honestly. We have 5 wrestlers going sha, don't know about their prowess but i feel sey na excursion most of them dey go do for there, the skill set is way below par as compared to most countries who have been preparing adequately for the Olympics.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2021
joshboo:

TBH no hope in any category,or better still slight iota of hope. Our best chance of any medals at all is okagbare, albeit her best chance is either silver or Bronze, the men are an utter disgrace. We no even meet the qualifying time for the 4×100m imagine!!! Omo politics has killed every facet of sports in this country from football which used to be our rallying point to other sporting categories.
Our Bball team has good prospects but for starters most of the naija guys called up playing in tge NBA hardly get game time between, most of the guys are first time invitees they don't have so much time to build up that chemistry amongst them, our group is actually an open one, any of the teams fit qualify. For the women bball NO HOPE, our group na straight up killing, we can't beat the usa and france... japan wey we fit try beat come be host nation, you know most of the calls would be in their favor. We have other categories like table tennis where we used to be pretty decent but we've dropped so bad over the years, inadequate funding and lack of proper preparation is one of our biggest undoings, it's really sad honestly. We have 5 wrestlers going sha, don't know about their prowess but i feel sey na excursion most of them dey go do for there, the skill set is way below par as compared to most countries who have been preparing adequately for the Olympics.

Sadly the state of 9ja sports mirrors that of the nation.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2021
Roland17:
The Canadiens kill a 4 minute power play in the OT and score the all important goal afterwards to win and avoid a sweep. As for my Cubs? Well, let’s just say we are riding to our 10th strategy loss. I figured it was a matter of time before the true realities of this team showed up.

Finally, congrats to Nate McMillan as the Hawks remove the interim tag and both parties agree to a 4 year contract. Well deserved sir!!!

Nate deserves this. Just hoping the front office makes the right moves in the off season
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2021
Roland17:

.... Very slim... If anyone springs any surprises, maybe this ladies, Tobi Amusan (100m hurdles), field event, long jump(women).. Ese brume.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
carbonado:
.... Very slim... If anyone sprung a surprise maybe this ladies, Tobi Amusan (100m hurdles), field event, long jump(women).. Ese brume.

joshboo:

Khanben:

Sadly the state of 9ja sports mirrors that of the nation.

Thank you guys for your inputs , well appreciated. I am honestly sick to my stomach reading these things, especially when you consider how talented Nigeria is. We used to be strong in boxing (lower categories) weightlifting, shotput, soccer, 4 by 4 relays and 100M in the Olympics but it seems we have nothing to hope for this time.
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:36am On Jul 07, 2021
If you havent seen this yet
https://guardian.ng/sport/nigerian-basketball-teams-kits-trapped-at-lagos-seaport/

With less than 19 days to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, kits and other sports equipment donated to the Nigerian basketball teams to aid their smooth participation at the Games are trapped at the Lagos seaport.

In the absence of Nigerian men and women football teams at the Tokyo Olympics, many Nigerians are looking forward to the performance of D’Tigers and third women counterparts, D’Tigress at the Olympics.

An official of the Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) told The Guardian yesterday that Peak Milk based in China donated some sports equipment, including sports kits for the two teams, to them for the purpose of the Olympics Games about three months ago, but the Nigerian Customs Service has held on to them at the port.

I remember when we were a force to reckon with in track, boxing, shot put, name it. Even if we no medal we go dey final. The world has shrunk, and a lot of talented but frustrated athletes have found their way out of Nigeria for better pay. You will see one lone black dude on a squad somewhere in some unpronoucable country in Asia, and be wondering. Na condition angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:44am On Jul 07, 2021
I realize there are many players in the league I have never heard speak, I just know them by their stats. I cant get over how low key Jrue Holiday is - completely the opposite of what I expect. Cat was averaging 20 for the pelicans for a looong time.

Suns should win this, but on any given night, if Jrue drops 30, there gon be problems
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:07am On Jul 07, 2021
Giannis is starting. That's pretty risky if you ask me but hey I am no Roland so let's see How it goes.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:24am On Jul 07, 2021
chic2pimp:
Giannis is starting. That's pretty risky if you ask me but hey I am no Roland so let's see How it goes.
Who knows when he gets to the Finals again. I dont like it, but I understand
Re: The NBA Begins by nelsonebby(m): 2:41am On Jul 07, 2021
Booker is just fouls left and right.
Bucks look solid as a expected
Middleton needs to show up
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 2:41am On Jul 07, 2021
Giannis not looking bad. I pray this leg holds up.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:49am On Jul 07, 2021
birdman:

Who knows when he gets to the Finals again. I dont like it, but I understand

Totally understandable in my opinion. Athletes are fiercely competitive and if it were up to them, they'll be out there balling on crunches. I was simply looking at it from a long term perspective but He has been fine so far but I don't think He'd play heavy minutes in this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:43am On Jul 07, 2021
Bucks have shot just 6 free throws thus far dayum. This game is over. Onto Game 2 for the Bucks.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:46am On Jul 07, 2021
Nahhhh Man Chris Paul is cooking. My Guy wants that ring real bad.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:57am On Jul 07, 2021
Poor Portis/ B. Lopez getting chewed by Buds coaching ineptitude. I mean, does it take a professional coach to see what the Suns are doing?

Meanwhile..CP3 wants this dance sooo bad..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:04am On Jul 07, 2021
chic2pimp:
Nahhhh Man Chris Paul is cooking. My Guy wants that ring real bad.

The bucks are getting back in the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:10am On Jul 07, 2021
birdman:

If you havent seen this yet
https://guardian.ng/sport/nigerian-basketball-teams-kits-trapped-at-lagos-seaport/

I remember when we were a force to reckon with in track, boxing, shot put, name it. Even if we no medal we go dey final. The world has shrunk, and a lot of talented but frustrated athletes have found their way out of Nigeria for better pay. You will see one lone black dude on a squad somewhere in some unpronoucable country in Asia, and be wondering. Na condition angry

Guy it's appalling to say the least, but I'm totally hyped and happy for any athlete that decides to take his/her talent to another country, omo i watch british trials the other day most of their competitors are Nigerians without mincing words most of them grew up there but it just shows how naturally gifted we are, see Bahrain too and so many other countries Nigerians are their hope for medals. It's really sad honestly
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:18am On Jul 07, 2021
joshboo:

The bucks are getting back in the game.

They are but Chris Paul won't allow that.

Did you not even know you are in the UK. Thought you were in Naij.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:20am On Jul 07, 2021
Roland17:
Poor Portis/ B. Lopez getting chewed by Buds coaching ineptitude. I mean, does it take a professional coach to see what the Suns are doing?

Na wa o. If nah me talk that one now. Make I hush my mouth sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 4:23am On Jul 07, 2021
chic2pimp:

They are but Chris Paul won't allow that.

Did you not even know you are in the UK. Thought you were in Naij.

Omo na naij i dey oo
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:39am On Jul 07, 2021
joshboo:

Omo na naij i dey oo

Kl.....Heard you talk about the British trials and I assumed that you were in the UK since it's only us British folks that care about our trials cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 5:46am On Jul 07, 2021
I don't understand o.

It's like this chris paul has been pretending not to be this good for past 10years.

Such unforgivable deciept!
Re: The NBA Begins by Mustiboy(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2021
Basketball, I wonder how you people enjoy it. The game isn't tactical to me; even the video game is boring.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2021
nairamaniac:
I don't understand o.

It's like this chris paul has been pretending not to be this good for past 10years.

They call him the point god for a reason, but still Bucks in 6.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2021
chic2pimp:

Kl.....Heard you talk about the British trials and I assumed that you were in the UK since it's only us British folks that care about our trials cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin i dey follow sports gaan, asides that some distant family& friends dey compete too so.......... but it was worth the watch sha even though una no too impress me.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:40am On Jul 07, 2021
nairamaniac:
I don't understand o.

Theres a reason the nba refused to let him join kobe. He knows how to alter the game regardless of his tean. When Harden wasted that opportunity is when I really started hating Harden.

To keep it 100, cp3 of 5 years ago would not play thru injury. But I guess he understands father time better now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2021
Mustiboy:
Basketball, I wonder how you people enjoy it. The game isn't tactical to me; even the video game is boring.

Like almost all sports, it takes time to get how the the tactics work and how adjustments change the flow of the game. If you keep watching and especially listen to the technical part of the commentary you will start to get a picture of how the tactical game of bball is done

(1) (2) (3) ... (1746) (1747) (1748) (1749) (1750) (1751) (1752) ... (2190) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.