Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616306 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:25am On Jul 22, 2021
Khanben:

KP might not leave, because if you read what he said about the Clippers series recently it seems him just sitting around the 3pt line and not receiving any low post touches was actually the game plan. If Jkidd can get both Luka and KP into their bubble symmetry with the caveat that KP stays healthy, then with the right 6th man the Mavs can make some noise next season

Naah, Luka ain't winning jack with Porzingis as his sidekick. I don't know whether that guy don tire for basketball. Abi na the fat salary dey cause am? Could be the injury setback but still, it looks as though 21-22 ppg is his peak. Normally that would be enough for a big man but he offers almost nothing on the defensive end. He's not a 12+ rebounder even for his size. Rim protecting seems to be getting worse. Man has refused to enter the gym and bulk up a bit. This is the NBA, that skinny frame won't do you any good.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2021
He got his wish after all grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
Khanben:

If you switch Giannis for AD they get bounced in the 2nd round by the nets.

You no even talk first round.dude never carried his team past the first round till he joined the Lakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
steady986:

Naah, Luka ain't winning jack with Porzingis as his sidekick. I don't know whether that guy don tire for basketball. Abi na the fat salary dey cause am? Could be the injury setback but still, it looks as though 21-22 ppg is his peak. Normally that would be enough for a big man but he offers almost nothing on the defensive end. He's not a 12+ rebounder even for his size. Rim protecting seems to be getting worse. Man has refused to enter the gym and bulk up a bit. This is the NBA, that skinny frame won't do you any good.

How's porzingis skinny? Compare how he is now to when he was on the knicks. It's the mentality that's lacking, the injuries too but in a little way, then the mega-fat salary. Like dude has all it takes to dominate in all ways, but the mentality is a big hindrance, between why kill myself when I can be so laid back and stress still collecting mega millions.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Khanben:

If you switch Giannis for AD they get bounced in the 2nd round by the nets.
Easily. People forget Giannis dropped 40 in Game 7 taking 12 fewer shots than KD did

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
joshboo:

You no even talk first round.dude never carried his team past the first round till he joined the Lakers.

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Just have a question if you replace Trae young with Kyrie, will the Hawks have still made the conference finals?
IMHO Kyrie is just flashy, he has not achieved anything as the primary creator in an offense and I still just don't get the hype.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
joshboo:

He did actually. Swept Dame a few years ago. But that's by the way. Quick question: do you think AD would have had more playoff success if he played in the East?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
A40:
Lmaoooo Giannis is probably going to make over $400m living in small town Milwaukee. That money will get him very far. He's not American plus he's going to get plenty endorsements moving forward. Humble, drama free. Hell his jerseys are already at #5. You think the sales won't go up moving forward, you think his shoes won't sell more?

I promise you he doesn't need anybody. Besides him no send them and them no send am. This is someone that has talked about going back to Greece to play when his career winds down. Outside NBA there's nothing he shares with the American lifestyle and culture. I will be shocked if he remains there

After taxes, that is half. Less than half after all the hidden state and municipal fees. If its just you and your family you are looking out for, it will go some ways. If you are planning on doing Mutomob type things like building hospitals, or Lebron type things like sponsoring a whole class through college, or trying to bring some projects to your hood in Milwaukee, yeah its not enough. Based on what I have heard Giannis say, he has a heart to help, having gone through deprivation himself. He gon need funds for that. Life is meant to be lived cooperating with others and helping others. Everything is not just you and your fam. No one black or otherwise is going to fulfil their life mission going it alone. Periodt.

Just off point, this "I no send them" strong head wey people dey carry come from naija, that is how some folks go spend 30 years for yankee, no real progress, other than paying bills and buying aso oke. No viable business, no next generation wealth. Instead to humble and learn from people wey don reach there before you. By the time they wise up, they too old to take advantage in a meaningful way.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
joshboo:

How's porzingis skinny? Compare how he is now to when he was on the knicks. It's the mentality that's lacking, the injuries too but in a little way, then the mega-fat salary. Like dude has all it takes to dominate in all ways, but the mentality is a big hindrance, between why kill myself when I can be so laid back and stress still collecting mega millions.

Im hearing he feels like he is being left out. It wouldnt surprise me if he demands a trade.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
birdman:

After taxes, that is half. Less than half after all the hidden state and municipal fees. If its just you and your family you are looking out for, it will go some ways. If you are planning on doing Mutomob type things like building hospitals, or Lebron type things like sponsoring a whole class through college, or trying to bring some projects to your hood in Milwaukee, yeah its not enough. Based on what I have heard Giannis say, he has a heart to help, having gone through deprivation himself. He gon need funds for that. Life is meant to be lived cooperating with others and helping others. Everything is not just you and your fam. No one black or otherwise is going to fulfil their life mission going it alone. Periodt.

Just off point, this "I no send them" strong head wey people dey carry come from naija, that is how some folks go spend 30 years for yankee, no real progress, other than paying bills and buying aso oke. No viable business, no next generation wealth. Instead to humble and learn from people wey don reach there before you. By the time they wise up, they too old to take advantage in a meaningful way.
Lmaoooo is this man trolling me or what? Giannis would have earned over $300m in salaries before his 30th birthday living in small town Milwaukee and you're telling me he's going to need help of the NBA fraternity to run his projects?

Please tell me who will agree to donate his dollars to a man who earned that much in his career. Do you realize Giannis is on track to be the highest earner in league history or how much do you think his next extension is going to be ATBE when he would only be 30.

What Giannis has will be more than enough to donate or partner with cooperate America. He does not need any fellow NBA fraternity kankan because God knows if I were a NBA player donating to Giannis would be like Larry Ellison or Mark Zuckerberg donating to Jeff Bezos

This your Nigerian analogy no fly here oh. This Giannis money even village people no fit finish am.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
A40:
Lmaoooo is this man trolling me or what? Giannis would have earned over $300m in salaries before his 30th birthday living in small town Milwaukee and you're telling me he's going to need help of the NBA fraternity to run his projects?

Please tell me who will agree to donate his dollars to a man who earned that much in his career. Do you realize Giannis is on track to be the highest earner in league history or how much do you think his next extension is going to be ATBE when he would only be 30.

What Giannis has will be more than enough to donate or partner with cooperate America. He does not need any fellow NBA fraternity kankan because God knows if I were a NBA player donating to Giannis would be like Larry Ellison or Mark Zuckerberg donating to Jeff Bezos

This your Nigerian analogy no fly here oh. This Giannis money even village people no fit finish am.

You never even add endorsements, brand ambassadorship etc, dude has a contract with Nike for his shoes & as jrue holiday said he can still get like 2x max contracts in his career. Not bad for someone on a small market team to be so high up in jersey sales& it can only get higher from here

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
steady986:

He did actually. Swept Dame a few years ago. But that's by the way. Quick question: do you think AD would have had more playoff success if he played in the East?

Honestly I don't think the result would be different, AD is very talented more than Giannis but I don't think he challenges himself hard to be very great.

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Giannis is older than Ben Simmons by less that 2yrs. Mhenn I sorry for Sixers fans that your process, will not work.
Apart from the improved ability to process the speed of the game and improved defensive awareness which are both natural progressions from playing multiple years in the league the boy no gree improves at all. He is exactly the same player he was in his rookie season apart from experience undecided undecided undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:10am On Jul 23, 2021
A40:

Thank God you no be financial advisor grin. Someone that will be retired at 35 and have to make that money work for the rest of his life. Next thing na espn 30 on 30, stories that touch

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:39am On Jul 23, 2021
joshboo:

Honestly I don't think the result would be different, AD is very talented more than Giannis but I don't think he challenges himself hard to be very great.
You think AD comes back from that hyperextended knee and balls out like Giannis did? I think not. AD is not an Alpha dog like Giannis that is why he had this same Holiday on his team and was missing playoffs outright on a regular basis.

If he was an Alpha he would go to that Boston team and try to lead them to a chip not fly under Lenomad's wings. Till AD leads his own team to a chip heck even an NBA Finals no objective analyst will ever mention him to be better than Giannis again

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:43am On Jul 23, 2021
birdman:

Thank God you no be financial advisor grin. Someone that will be retired at 35 and have to make that money work for the rest of his life. Next thing na espn 30 on 30, stories that touch
Lol is this man serious at all? Do you know how many stocks, startups and VCs a guy like Giannis will be putting money in now? Not to mention he lives in freaking Milwaukee. You think this is the 70s or 80s? I don't think the Antetokounmpo lineage will ever experience poverty again never mind Giannis. Lol is this guy serious at all. This nigga can co-own a sports team by the time he retires ffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:53am On Jul 23, 2021
Khanben:
Giannis is older than Ben Simmons by less that 2yrs. Mhenn I sorry for Sixers fans that your process, will not work.
Apart from the improved ability to process the speed of the game and improved defensive awareness which are both natural progressions from playing multiple years in the league the boy no gree improves at all. He is exactly the same player he was in his rookie season apart from experience undecided undecided undecided
Ben Simmons is like that proverbial fish that is dry and cannot be bent again. The ship has already sailed on whether he can be the best option to lead a team to a title.

The question now is whether he can be a serviceable #2 and this is why the comparison with Giannis annoys me so much, he doesn't have the energy and physicality to be a Giannis but ironically he actually is the real run and dunk man because he actually has no moves besides dunking and layups in transition or when there are breakdowns on defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:12am On Jul 23, 2021
A40:
You think AD comes back from that hyperextended knee and balls out like Giannis did? I think not. AD is not an Alpha dog like Giannis that is why he had this same Holiday on his team and was missing playoffs outright on a regular basis.

If he was an Alpha he would go to that Boston team and try to lead them to a chip not fly under Lenomad's wings. Till AD leads his own team to a chip heck even an NBA Finals no objective analyst will ever mention him to be better than Giannis again

AD'S mentality is seriously suspect, he wins a chip after which he should have played with more freedom and less pressure, which would have resulted in him dominating the league. But what happens he has a huge slump and cannot even stay fit, he is very talented and his skillset is up there but the guy is a settler. He is easily satisfied and enjoys the comfort zone too much to be an all time great.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:54am On Jul 23, 2021
birdman:

Guy wait na joke be this or you outrightly just capping.
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:11am On Jul 23, 2021
A40:
Lol is this man serious at all? Do you know how many stocks, startups and VCs a guy like Giannis will be putting money in now? Not to mention he lives in freaking Milwaukee. You think this is the 70s or 80s? I don't think the Antetokounmpo lineage will ever experience poverty again never mind Giannis. Lol is this guy serious at all. This nigga can co-own a sports team by the time he retires ffs.

I feel birdman just dey cap honestly grin grin grin.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2021
joshboo:

Nobody is comparing AD to Giannis at this point. We all agree Giannis is greater than him.

But we know in this league everything has to fall in place for you to be successful. There's a thin line between failure and success. You're saying AD had Jrue Holiday and didn't achieve anything with him. Really? Did you see how Jrue was unreliable in these playoffs? The only year AD had Rondo he made the second round of the playoffs, sweeping Dame in the first round. That was a taste of what you get when you give AD a decent player. That was the same season he had Cousins but obviously he didn't play in the playoffs due to injury.

I asked you if you think AD would have had more playoff success in the East and you said no. But you're not being fair. The west is a different beast. It's almost impossible to make the playoffs as a lone superstar, let alone do well in it, especially if your sidekick is average or below average, or if you have a shitty team. Ask Curry this season. Ask KAT. Heck ask Zion who's a generational talent. Believe you me, as the west is presently constructed, if Zion doesn't get a decent sidekick, he wouldn't make the playoffs until his rookie contract expires. And AD never even dreamt of having the kind of team Zion has now. Look at Luka, he can't make it out of the first round.

No one is exonerating AD, he probably could have done better, but his situation at New Orleans was undesirable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) (1772) (1773) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.