Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,505 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1610950 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2021
Roland17:
Its over

Italy 80-71 Naija

Should they continue like this?
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2021
Scoring 8 points in a 4th quarter after taking an 8 point lead to that same quarter? Lol. No team would touch Mike brown with a 100ft pole after this disgrace of an outing. My lord!!! Chai

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2021
Thanos:
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. angry

No need for this....how on earth do you expect them to win with such inconsistent display?
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2021
Equal2DeTask:

No need for this....how on earth do you expect them to win with such inconsistent display?
Germany, Australia, Italy in our group and somehow we went 0/3. This is unacceptable. With players that have been in basketball programs all their lives in the no.1 basketball nation on the planet. Totally unacceptable. They should just disband the entire basketball association until they get their acts together.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:33am On Jul 31, 2021
Too many issues with this team in this competition

1. Unable to progress past 1st offensive scheme leading to bad shot selections when the 1st option does not work. This was the biggest issue for me.

2. Turnovers, 19 TO today and Italy made 27 points out of those TOs.

3. Horrible FT shooting, better today today but bad overall.

4. Bad fouls

5. Lack of discipline and composure to finish games, the 4th Q of all 3 games were horrible.

6. Questionable substitutions especially the timing. Okafor had a terrific game and for the 2nd consecutive game we did not maximize his influence.

I can go on an on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Asin, see smoking especially today, Thanks a lot bro for your live game commentary, it's just painful naija made your efforts to be in vain

Haha.. thanks, its all fun, I did not expect anything from the team.

Roland17:

I was really impressed by the showing of the Tigers. They moved the ball extremely well and penetrated the weak interior defense of the US. With that being said, I would like to see them play this level of intensity and discipline when the Olympics start. We hit our perimeter shots especially the 3, I think we hit like 20 or so.. Can they do same when it matters?

As for the US, the way the team is constructed makes it easier for opponents. There is absolutely no interior defense or even perimeter defense on this night. The combination on the court would determine how far this team will go else we would be relying on individual brilliance. A good team will use the pick and roll to tear this US team apart. While I understand some players in the finals will join the squad, I don't think it will much of a difference in terms of strategy.

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2021
This team lacks clutch-time composure and mental strength. How else you wan explain the persistent 4th quarter choking?

And why is the free throw shooting so horrible? In fact the shit selection is overall poor.

Mike Brown work still plenty.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2021
birdman:

WB na stat padder, those triple dubs never translate into playoff runs. But lets leave the matter make e no turn to fight. lets see as the season will be. hopefully you are right.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2021
Thank God say I no too raise my hopes for this Naija team grin. We never reach there first. Na small small. Make the core of this team remain together win FIBA Africa, them compete favourably in FIBA WC, then we can reevaluate them.

This team is still very young. A good number of them are either rookies or sophomores, a few of them in their third year. Most of them are also not regular rotation pieces for their teams. So, while there was talent, it wasn't quite enough compared to these other teams. It would even have been much better for us if we brought along more guys who play in Europe who are regulars for their team, Guys like Michael Eric, Iroegbu, Stan Okoye etc.

It is what it is though. We move.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2021
Roland17:

Baba, it is sooo annoying and frustrating.

Sometimes some people think I carry US matter for head to much because I be citizen or I live here and I tell them anyone can become a citizen as long as you meet the criteria but the reason I am a grateful and passionate American is because this country helped me achieve a dream Nigeria would have destroyed!

I listened to L. Balogun and I can see the frustration. Ordinary to disburse free Samsung phones wen IOC give to Athletes na wahala. Them corner the phones! The careers of these athletes involved in this situation will remain on hold because of the failures of some greedy and self serving administrators. If I tell you say the thing no dey pain me, I Dey lie.

The suffering is just too much and many have now normalized it.
Baba I just Comot for that side four days ago. So many things to talk about. See ehn, to fix the country ehn, person no even know where to start from.

Everything just jagajaga
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
donlittle25:
Baba I just Comot for that side four days ago. So many things to talk about. See ehn, to fix the country ehn, person no even know where to start from.

Everything just jagajaga

Don Baba! E don tey sha.. happy to read from you. I can’t imagine wetin your eyes see.. Thr matter tire me and e dey sadden me because I sabi how gifted that country dey..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
Roland17:

this country helped me achieve a dream Nigeria would have destroyed!

I had chills when I read this. Brings back too many memories undecided

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congrats to the #Slimreaper as he passes C. Anthony to become the all time leading American scorer in Olympics basketball. A dominant display this morning that was balanced with Tatum (Greenrunsdeep) leading all scorers with 27. Off to the quarters to face Italy or Slovenia/ Spain.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
So apparently both Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul have declined their player option and are becoming free agents. It's possible CP3 signs a 3 year deal with the Suns, but for Kawhi, try predicting what he does. But is it possible he goes to the Heat, and Dragic to the Clippers? cheesy Cos I'm hearing rumours of both Lowry and Derozan considering the Heat. They probably would want to join forces. Imagine Kawhi, Butler, Derozan and Lowry on one team. That's championship or bust shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:38am On Aug 02, 2021
steady986:
So apparently both Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul have declined their player option and are becoming free agents. It's possible CP3 signs a 3 year deal with the Suns, but for Kawhi, try predicting what he does. But is it possible he goes to the Heat, and Dragic to the Clippers? cheesy Cos I'm hearing rumours of both Lowry and Derozan considering the Heat. They probably would want to join forces. Imagine Kawhi, Butler, Derozan and Lowry on one team. That's championship or bust shocked

The wind blowing says derozan ends up in LA. Or is it just LA media hyping things?

If kawhi leaves, that would be evil. Clippers have moved mountains to please this guy. I cant see him on the Heat because they dont take kindly to load management excuses - Pat Riley no dey take nonsense. Either you can play, or get on the injured list.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:01am On Aug 02, 2021
birdman:

The wind blowing says derozan ends up in LA. Or is it just LA media hyping things?

If kawhi leaves, that would be evil. Clippers have moved mountains to please this guy. I cant see him on the Heat because they dont take kindly to load management excuses - Pat Riley no dey take nonsense. Either you can play, or get on the injured list.

I have a good feeling that Kawhi will rework his contract and resign with the Clippers.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2021
Me don talk am teytey. Talent, then hard work. We'll continue to have this problem as long as the Best of them choose to play for their countries of birth. Besides all the supposed "NBA players" in the squad barely feature for their respective teams, at best role players.
steady986:
Thank God say I no too raise my hopes for this Naija team grin. We never reach there first. Na small small. Make the core of this team remain together win FIBA Africa, them compete favourably in FIBA WC, then we can reevaluate them.

This team is still very young. A good number of them are either rookies or sophomores, a few of them in their third year. Most of them are also not regular rotation pieces for their teams. So, while there was talent, it wasn't quite enough compared to these other teams. It would even have been much better for us if we brought along more guys who play in Europe who are regulars for their team, Guys like Michael Eric, Iroegbu, Stan Okoye etc.

It is what it is though. We move.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
birdman:

Kawhi didn't really do that load management thing last year. He played when available to play

I don't think Lakers can pay Derozan. Except he wants to take the minimum to try and win a championship. But why would he do that when he's still near his peak? And he doesn't fit in that team, except coming off the bench.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
steady986:

Kawhi didn't really do that load management thing last year. He played when available to play

I don't think Lakers can pay Derozan. Except he wants to take the minimum to try and win a championship. But why would he do that when he's still near his peak? And he doesn't fit in that team, except coming off the bench.
The lakers already has 3 players with questionable or streaky shooting from the 3 point line in Lebron, AD and westbrook . I dont think another one is a good idea , make dy dead this derozan to lakers talk.
Lakers should be looking to add shooters.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
birdman:
Simmons for Lowry, Van Vleet, Anunoby and first round pick? Ah, are you mad? na craze, abi na village tinz. The person who even suggested this is very unfortunate. Oh wait, its Morey grin grin grin you think everyone else is a yam head?
I thought Lowry was an UFA. Masai should be sacked on the spot if he agrees to this trade. Although I would be tempted to do this trade on the back of how poorly FVV played this year, he was by far the worst volume 3pt shooter in the league. Would probably give him another year to prove himself before considering shipping him

The reason you don't give up a farm for Ben Simmons is simple, he cannot be the best or even second best player on a Championship winning team,
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
As for D.Tigers and D'Tigress what can I say? Typical Nigerian teams always flattering to deceive

For D'tigers their lack of size I always thought would ultimately do them in but I didn't expect the FT shooting to also be such a problem. Our turnovers especially in the Italy game was absurd

As for the women they were in my eyes an even bigger disappointment, played well vs the best team then completely crumbled against the two weaker teams. Facing a Japan team that was on fire from the 3 pt line they did nothing to defend it and worse they didn't attempt any 3's of their own, trying to fight 3's with 2's it was so comical to watch

Anyway our basketball is merely a reflection of the sorry state of our sports as a whole. We just went to the Olympics to do excursion which explains why a nation of almost 200 million cannot boast of one medal. In any sane environment heads would roll and people would resign in shame but since the fish is rotten from the head
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2021
As for LeNomad what can we say? I see our guy has formed another Superteam grin cheesy Abi this one no be Superteam undecided

Anyway suggesting a team with Bron, AD and Westbrook won't be a top 2 contender would be asinine. As far as the West unless Kawhi returns healthy and even at that they will still need some help stopping them

The ultimate wildcard is AD's health. Lebron is not enough even with Westbrook to threaten anybody. Also they are going to need shooters or role players that don't need the ball to be effective. It's easy to forget that despite Milwaukee's size it was their shooting vs the Heat that blew that series open and made it uncompetitive. I want to see the final form of this roster before chuckling in mischevious glee at another Superteam mishap or groaning in despair at the prospect of a 5th ring for LeNomad
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:04am On Aug 03, 2021
That Lakers about to be the oldest squad in league history next season

LeBron 37
Westbrook 33
Marc 37
Dwight 36
Melo 37
Danny Green 34
Wayne Ellington 34
Wes Matthews 35
Dudley 36
Avery Bradley 31

grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:28am On Aug 03, 2021
Lowry to the Heat and CP3 extends with the Suns
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:38am On Aug 03, 2021
Bobby back at 2yr 9mil the steal of FA so far. Comes with a 1yr player option which he will certainly decline especially if he plays as well as he did the past season.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:11am On Aug 03, 2021
So Bazemore, Ellington, Ariza, Howard confirmed to be coming to the Lakers. This team is more than enough to win it all. No excuses
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:17am On Aug 03, 2021
Roland17:
Lowry to the Heat and CP3 extends with the Suns
The Suns don handicap themselves with the length of this deal. No guarantee they will get this far next year

Will be interesting to see what they do when it's time to pay Booker and Ayton
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:19am On Aug 03, 2021
Khanben:
Bobby back at 2yr 9mil the steal of FA so far. Comes with a 1yr player option which he will certainly decline especially if he plays as well as he did the past season.
I'm absolutely shocked he did not get a better deal elsewhere. Retaining him was absolutely huge, their best bench player for me and if he plays as well as last season then he would be worth a new and bigger deal. They need one more shooting guard off the bench to replace Forbes or perhaps our Naija boy Nwora shows improvement to fill that role next season

PJ Tucker to the Heat hmm. They do get DiVincenzo back though.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:58am On Aug 03, 2021
Of which why aren't the Warriors trying to get a guy like Siakam? I think he will be a better fit than say a Bradley Beal. Gives them size and defense and wouldn't need the ball as much as a Beal neither would he need to be the best player on the squad. Send a rookie and Wiggins the other way, it will take them much less to get him I assume as Masai may need to blow up that team with Lowry gone
Re: The NBA Begins by PDPGuy: 5:54am On Aug 03, 2021
Ricky Rubio is running riot!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:55am On Aug 03, 2021
Tight one here.

USA 19-17 Spain

Time out USA after Rubio's shot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:57am On Aug 03, 2021
That Garuba block on my Tatum was nasty

(1) (2) (3) ... (1781) (1782) (1783) (1784) (1785) (1786) (1787) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.