Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,823 members, 7,798,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1607716 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1812) (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) ... (2190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:31am On Oct 22, 2021
Android17:
Every member of the New York Knicks team that won 2 titles between 1970-1973 made the list but Klay Thompson and Draymond Green with 3 titles and 5 straight finals from 2014-2019 did not make the list. Ohk.

No Kyrie, Klay.... Na that one pain pass, I'll rate both above Dame.. If Dame and AD dey on that list then PG, Embiid, Gobert suppose dey there.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:43am On Oct 22, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

No Kyrie, Klay.... Na that one pain pass, I'll rate both above Dame.. If Dame and AD dey on that list then PG, Embiid, Gobert suppose dey there.

Dame and AD should never make that list over Kyrie, Klay or Dwight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:43am On Oct 22, 2021
The warriors are nothing without Curry. Wiggins needs to pick up.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Khanben:
How the hell is AD a top 75 player and Dwight Howard is not? These voters are on something

I agree. Dwight should have made that list.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

You no even talk Tony Parker, na Kyrie and Klay
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 7:48am On Oct 22, 2021
steady986:

You no even talk Tony Parker, na Kyrie and Klay

Very true this, but we dey talk bou active players. Tmac sef no dey the list
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2021
Android17:
The warriors are nothing without Curry. Wiggins needs to pick up.

The warriors are just wasting curry's prime for one useless future build.
Trade draymond and one or 2 of those pick for ben simmons.
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2021
etidy:

Shey na upgrade be that or downgrade?
Klay comes back and this Warriors team gets to conference finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Shey na upgrade be that or downgrade?
Klay comes back and this Warriors team gets to conference finals.

Simmons has more upside than draymond.
In a team with a good coach like steve kerr and no center to clog the lane and multiple shooters, simmons will eat.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2021
etidy:

The Warriors are really nothing without Dray. He's the heart and soul of the team.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:53am On Oct 22, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Very true this, but we dey talk bou active players. Tmac sef no dey the list

Life is cruel. T Mac no win championship na em make
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2021
etidy:

Simmons has more upside than draymond.
In a team with a good coach like steve kerr and no center to clog the lane and multiple shooters, simmons will eat.
\

Be like you dey underrate Draymond too much. Why do you think no team is willing to trade for Simmons? Simmons is not in anyway an upgrade for Warriors. Draymond is the Warriors engine room, every team will do anything to have him. Draymond and Klay are so underrated especially their defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2021
My brother, are you alright?
etidy:

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
benji93:
My brother, are you alright?

Ben is essentially a younger draymond with more length.

Draymond has a greater drive and IQ but in my opinion, draymond can't get better and he's likely to keep depreciating.

Simmons has room for improvement. He's not as bad as this whole situation is making him to be.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
Oh i see, because we both know Simmons and improvement do not belong in the same sentence, you creatively created a room for them to coexist? Be careful my brother. IMO stability is very important to a team, and anyone putting together must do well not to include players that are a source of distraction. I wanted to include "no matter the talent", then I remembered, talent pass talent. Sometimes you can't help but forget a player could be a future source of distraction, and rivel in your victories at the moment. grin. However, Simmons is not such a talent now.
etidy:

Ben is essentially a younger draymond with more length.

Draymond has a greater drive and IQ but in my opinion, draymond can't get better and he's likely to keep depreciating.

Simmons has room for improvement. He's not as bad as this whole situation is making him to be.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

What's with all the Kyrie talk self, this is a guy that has never achieved anything without an all time great alongside him. Yes he is a skillful basketball player, but he as an individual does little or nothing to impact winning when he is the main guy. Tmac and Dwight were IMHO the bigger snubs in the list. If push comes to shove I actually prefer Dame being in the list than Kyrie, atleast we have seen him push his team to a conference finals and not be a hindrance to a team's culture

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
etidy:

grin

Bros, e be like say you no like GSW

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
Khanben:

What's with all the Kyrie talk self, this is a guy that has never achieved anything without an all time great alongside him. Yes he is a skillful basketball player, but he as an individual does little or nothing to impact winning when he is the main guy. Tmac and Dwight were IMHO the bigger snubs in the list. If push comes to shove I actually prefer Dame being in the list than Kyrie, atleast we have seen him push his team to a conference finals and not be a hindrance to a team's culture
When we talk about Kyrie, it is in comparison to active players and by every margin, Kyrie makes that list. First, if AD makes the list, Kyrie should. AD played along side an all time great to win anything. In fact, Lebron is yet to win anything without an all time great if that is an equitable argument to make against Kyrie. Kyrie represents more than just his skills - which if we are keeping it a hun'id - is elite (especially his ball handling). Kyrie is a maverick. Notice, I am not reeling out his all star appearances, FIBA MVP title and whatnot. Those speak for themselves. But Kyrie's larger impact than Dame is undeniable. Kyrie is even amongst the top selling shoes to add to his philanthropy. I am a Curry fan but Kyrie's shoes are worn by more people than Curry's. I mean people might buy Curry's to support him, but people actually do like wearing the Kyrie's. He is that impactful. You and me know why he did not make that list and it is because the NBA wants to act like the past tense of wake. If his name was changed to Kyrie Mamhud Abdul Rauf or some version of it (to accompany his new faith) - everybody would have loved him. This might be my conspiracy theory on the issue but I believe they replaced Kyrie's name with Dame's.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
etidy:

Ben Simmons is too mentally weak for me even though the Warriors are one franchise that are known to resuscitate damaged players. The issue with Dray is, he is the vocal leader of the warriors and Curry and Klay sentimentally will want him there. That said, I agree that Draymond has peaked and will never be better than his DPOY self.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Android17:
When we talk about Kyrie, it is in comparison to active players and by every margin, Kyrie makes that list. First, if AD makes the list, Kyrie should. AD played along side an all time great to win anything. In fact, Lebron is yet to win anything without an all time great if that is an equitable argument to make against Kyrie. Kyrie represents more than just his skills - which if we are keeping it a hun'id - is elite (especially his ball handling). Kyrie is a maverick. Notice, I am not reeling out his all star appearances, FIBA MVP title and whatnot. Those speak for themselves. But Kyrie's larger impact than Dame is undeniable. Kyrie is even amongst the top selling shoes to add to his philanthropy. I am a Curry fan but Kyrie's shoes are worn by more people than Curry's. I mean people might buy Curry's to support him, but people actually do like wearing the Kyrie's. He is that impactful. You and me know why he did not make that list and it is because the NBA wants to act like the past tense of wake. If his name was changed to Kyrie Mamhud Abdul Rauf or some version of it (to accompany his new faith) - everybody would have loved him. This might be my conspiracy theory on the issue but I believe they replaced Kyrie's name with Dame's.

We are talking impact on court you are talking shoes. Dame has done more on the court as the main guy than Kyrie has ever done in his career as the main guy. All-star selections are subjective, since we all know that in this era the west has so much talent at the guard positions that every year a few future HOF will be left out. Kyrie on the other hand has played in the east were he is a shoe in, in most years because of lack of talent at the position. Show me a signature moment that Kyrie as has on any team he has been on where he was the main guy, are we going to forget the debacle with the Celtics, this dude never even came close to making the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference before Lebron came back to the cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
Khanben:

We are talking impact on court you are talking shoes. Dame has done more on the court as the main guy than Kyrie has ever done in his career as the main guy. All-star selections are subjective, since we all know that in this era the west has so much talent at the guard positions that every year a few future HOF will be left out. Kyrie on the other hand has played in the east were he is a shoe in, in most years because of lack of talent at the position. Show me a signature moment that Kyrie as has on any team he has been on where he was the main guy, are we going to forget the debacle with the Celtics, this dude never even came close to making the playoffs in a weak Eastern conference before Lebron came back to the cavs.
The only argument you can make against Kyrie when compared to Dame is durability. I wanted to steer clear of his achievements because I thought it was a given. If you must know, Kyrie was drafted to a bad Cavs team which nobody expected him to elevate beyond what he did. There is a reason Lebron made them reshuffle the team and trade their top draft pick upon his arrival. You might call him the second wheeler but the Cavs don't win their 2016 ring without him. Heck, all the hype Lebron gets for the 2016 title but people forget that he stat padded for the first 2 games (continued to play even when those games were blowouts) and their games 3,5,6,7 wins are impossible without Kyrie. Kyrie even kept them in the game 7 until James came alive in the 3rd Quat (they scored the same points in games 5 and 7). And he hit the shot that sealed the win for them. That is more than anything Dame has done. You can argue that Dame took his Blazers to the WCFs but that roster was better than what Kyrie had at the Cavs before Bron and if he was fit against the Cavs in the ECFs where the Celts went 2-0 up and lost 4-3 to the Cavs, it will be hard to say he would have not made an impact. Nevertheless, Dame was swept by AD and the Pelicans in what should have been a surefire win for the Blazers. Dame got swept by a KD-less warriors team having led most of those games by double digits. Dame got wrecked by a Murray-less Denver last season as well. What we typically see as signature to Dame is folding when the pressure is on - the Olympics for e.g. Kyrie on the otherhand rose to the biggest of occasions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Dwight Howard didn't make top 75 undecided I won't be suprised if he doesn't make Hall of Fame. You see why I hate all these lists.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
A40:
Dwight Howard didn't make top 75 undecided I won't be suprised if he doesn't make Hall of Fame. You see why I hate all these lists.

Doesn't just add up at all...How does Dwight not make that list?? sad shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
Khanben:

I respectfully disagree. Kyrie has more All Star Appearances, All NBA Appearances and was no scrub in the title winning season. Bring the stats of the title winning run with the Cavs and show me where Kyrie was a carry along or a scrub! GAME 7 vs The Warriors, GO WATCH THE STEP BACK CLUTCH 3! There is no title without that shot.
Show me another Superstar not named Dirk and Giannis in the modern era that won a ring all by himself? Kyrie is arguable the best ball handler the game has ever seen. What has Dame achieved to be nominated ahead of Kyrie? What exactly? Dame that continues to be under the shadows of Chef Curry. He has had solid teams over the years but only has a conference finals appearance to show for it. Is Dame better than Kyrie? Head to Head?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2021
A40:

I will personally write a petition if that happens. He absolutely deserves to be on that 75 list.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
aliondo:

Doesn't just add up at all...How does Dwight not make that list?? sad shocked
We have normalized the disrespect of Dwight Howard. That's the problem. The man was the unquestioned best center in the league for 4 years at least. Maybe he has played too long past his peak that people don't even remember again

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2021
Roland17:

I will personally write a petition if that happens. He absolutely deserves to be on that 75 list.
E no go shock me at all
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
etidy:

Why will the Warriors want that diva in their squad?? Culture is even more important than talent. Ben Simmons will do zilch for them. His lack of heart and accountability will ultimately doom any contending team when push comes to shove

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
A40:
Why will the Warriors want that diva in their squad?? Culture is even more important than talent. Ben Simmons will do zilch for them. His lack of heart and accountability will ultimately doom any contending team when push comes to shove

It's not even about the culture and accountability, for me it is fit. Does Simmons fit the Warriors high intense transition scoring offense? Remember, the Warriors do not play through a Big Man like it is done in Philly, everyone should be able to score the basketball especially guard players. Getting Simmons on the Warriors roster will only stall the offense and change how they play. Also, Curry dominates ball handling, how is Simmons supposed to fit?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
Roland17:

It's not even about the culture and accountability, for me it is fit. Does Simmons fit the Warriors high intense transition scoring offense? Remember, the Warriors do not play through a Big Man like it is done in Philly, everyone should be able to score the basketball especially guard players. Getting Simmons on the Warriors roster will only stall the offense and change how they play. Also, Curry dominates ball handling, how is Simmons supposed to fit?
Which is why I said he will add zilch then when you factor his diva tendencies this worsens things already. Ben Simmons as a player is not mentally built for the grind of the playoffs.Even his game is not built for the playoffs, with less transition and more halfcourt play. He is a mark and a trojan for any team that fields him. Steph can play off the ball anyway its Simmons, he has no heart
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Android17:
The only argument you can make against Kyrie when compared to Dame is durability. I wanted to steer clear of his achievements because I thought it was a given. If you must know, Kyrie was drafted to a bad Cavs team which nobody expected him to elevate beyond what he did. There is a reason Lebron made them reshuffle the team and trade their top draft pick upon his arrival. You might call him the second wheeler but the Cavs don't win their 2016 ring without him. Heck, all the hype Lebron gets for the 2016 title but people forget that he stat padded for the first 2 games (continued to play even when those games were blowouts) and their games 3,5,6,7 wins are impossible without Kyrie. Kyrie even kept them in the game 7 until James came alive in the 3rd Quat (they scored the same points in games 5 and 7). And he hit the shot that sealed the win for them. That is more than anything Dame has done. You can argue that Dame took his Blazers to the WCFs but that roster was better than what Kyrie had at the Cavs before Bron and if he was fit against the Cavs in the ECFs where the Celts went 2-0 up and lost 4-3 to the Cavs, it will be hard to say he would have not made an impact. Nevertheless, Dame was swept by AD and the Pelicans in what should have been a surefire win for the Blazers. Dame got swept by a KD-less warriors team having led most of those games by double digits. Dame got wrecked by a Murray-less Denver last season as well. What we typically see as signature to Dame is folding when the pressure is on - the Olympics for e.g. Kyrie on the otherhand rose to the biggest of occasions.

The Olympic games really exposed Dame. They just had to play him every now and then just because he's Dame (make e no be like say he no participate), the guy had no impact on that team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
Roland17:

I respectfully disagree. Kyrie has more All Star Appearances, All NBA Appearances and was no scrub in the title winning season. Bring the stats of the title winning run with the Cavs and show me where Kyrie was a carry along or a scrub! GAME 7 vs The Warriors, GO WATCH THE STEP BACK CLUTCH 3! There is no title without that shot.
Show me another Superstar not named Dirk and Giannis in the modern era that won a ring all by himself? Kyrie is arguable the best ball handler the game has ever seen. What has Dame achieved to be nominated ahead of Kyrie? What exactly? Dame that continues to be under the shadows of Chef Curry. He has had solid teams over the years but only has a conference finals appearance to show for it. Is Dame better than Kyrie? Head to Head?

Dame has not has a team as good as the one Kyrie did nothing with in Boston. Every argument I see about Kyrie just balls down to, 'his play is flashy thus it makes it noticeable'. Yes he had a great series as the number 2 to Lebron, what else has he done, Kyrie only has one signature shot that everybody remembers and that is the game 7 shot in the finals.
I reiterate, he had a very good Boston team which went to the conference finals without him, and he did jack with them. Anyone who can says that Dame would not have done better with that team is just deceiving themselves.

PS: right now no team in the nba, even teams in states where is no mask mandate is unwilling to offer anything for Kyrie. If Dame was made available there would be a bidding war.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1812) (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) (1817) (1818) ... (2190) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.