Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1610830 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:37am On Oct 28, 2021
donlittle25:
10? he they carry ball waka for court?

Baba na nut case..

Worst part be say him come dey vess for the OKC pikin wen dunk ball as time dey expire for 4th Q. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:49am On Oct 28, 2021
joshboo:
We can all see Harden has been a fraud right from Time, na this one people sey compare to steph? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.. All the frauds would get exposed from now on, person go dey go line 15times every night drawing ridiculous fouls, Na now I understand why shefolosa dey bench an for OKC, To think the fraud had the Audacity to go at Giannis is preposterous. Love how the NBA has brought back old school basketball let's see the physical plays
I like that guys can guard him now. I bet he wishes he could run and just dunk like Giannis
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:58am On Oct 28, 2021
steady986:

Ha. I never hear this one before. So Kyrie is not a generational talent just because he can't run a team? E no make any sense o. Forget the mad handles, he's an elite shooter too. Guy just had a 50/40/90 season averaging 27 a game. How many times has that ever happened in this league?

Put Kyrie and Butler side by side for instance. Butler is the number one option and leading the sh*t out of Miami. Is he a generational talent?

Steve Nash 2x, Reggie Miller, Malcolm brogdon have all shot 50/40/90. Nash is even a 2x MVP to boot does that make anyone of them generational talents. Generational talents change the trajectory of franchises, they pick a dead beat franchise and drag them into relevance.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:02am On Oct 28, 2021
A40:
I like that guys can guard him now. I bet he wishes he could run and just dunk like Giannis

It will be a huge catastrophe for Harden if his season continues like this, not just for his legacy but also his pocket. Remember he rejected a healthy payday, trying to bet on himself getting a near supermax extension. Added to his detractors who if his poor play continues will start saying he was only a multiple time scoring champion because of the flopping he did in his Houston years
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:07am On Oct 28, 2021
Roland17:

Harden will be fine.. He will make some adjustments to his offense, he is one of the best students of the game when it comes to learning the rules and interpreting on the court. He is also struggling to lose the weight he gained while trying to force a move out of Houston so he looks 2-3 steps slow and heavy with the ball. You may want to check that TO leader because Brodie just posted 10 tonight.

The Lakers were up 26 but somehow lost the game. But again, many of the teams we will see in the post season are trying to figure out their rosters, so I won't read too much into it.
Won't be naive to suggest he will turn to a scrub, however its hard to change your game in the 9th inning as they say. What I suspect will happen is we start seeing Harden's regular season numbers start to look an awful lot like his playoff numbers so we're less shocked by his playoff choking. He got more foul calls on 3pt attempts than Steph and Dame combined
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:12am On Oct 28, 2021
steady986:

You sure there's not more? You no add Iverson? Or are you people listing only the people that led their team to a championship? grin

I sha agree with you on this argument. You do not have to be number one option to be a generational talent. Bring in something unique, have a special attribute that the game has not seen before, then be consistent and be on top of your game, that talent is what is referred to as generational, Why? Because generations to come will start adapting to that talent of you and even improve on it. Being a generational talent does not mean you have to be number one on a team. You could be on the same team with KD or Bron, how you wan take be number one option there?
Someone might just come and start scoring free throws facing backwards and will shoot at 90% accuracy, that's a talent that's never been seen before, as long as he's consistent and manages to be amongst top 20, that's generational... generations to come will continue with that skill.
My opinion on the topic tho

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:13am On Oct 28, 2021
joshboo:

Howfar steady how I fit join Una league?? Between na God go punish brodie, played him under points today the werey go score over 30 points. embarassed

League don start already, I don't think it's possible to join. But reach out to Birdman, so he can keep you on standby for next season
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2021
Khanben:

It will be a huge catastrophe for Harden if his season continues like this, not just for his legacy but also his pocket. Remember he rejected a healthy payday, trying to bet on himself getting a near supermax extension. Added to his detractors who if his poor play continues will start saying he was only a multiple time scoring champion because of the flopping he did in his Houston years
Too many maga teams in the NBA. He will certainly get his money. What I want to see is just how much of an impact the rule change will make, will he evolve his scoring arsenal because he is quite average for a 3pt shooter and had always hinged on drawing fouls. Or will he just resign to playmaking because in Kyrie's absence I expected he will take more shots instead he is taking fewer shots. It makes no sense, maybe its a confidence thing
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:54am On Oct 28, 2021
benji93:
What? KD was the primary focus of the defence? All the time? I didn't know that. Remember scoring and being the primary focus of the opposition's defence are not necessarily the same. Saying Westbrook is not the same Caliber is not smart man. Is/Was he a superstar or not? Must every superstar be like Steph? Now it was all Westbrook's fault that KD couldn't win with him? You people are trying to erase the fact that KD could have won with Westbrook. And please this is rather embarrassing coming from you. Be honest. Kyrie played 3 games and half of game 4, and the Bucks where leading in game 4 by 1. Don't make it seem as if he played without Kyrie for all seven games. cheesy. Ofcourse you could argue Harden's injury, even though history tells us it won't have been different. grin, and we both know that. And hopefully you don't bring up the "a toe away from getting to the finals". Cos I could argue for some they were a rim away from winning. grin. And you are very quick with throwing around some of your words. He took up the scoring load. It sounds like he dwarfed Steph's scoring ability 2 times over. We have not seen KD without any other superstar, whether he can or cannot is speculation although reasonable given his level of talent. I suppose you were not thinking about KD when you mentioned the "we have to see you without a fellow superstar". cheesy. You were caught good.

papa benji, you just enter market dey shoot, I dont even think you know why you are shooting grin This is a comparison between Klay and Durant on the definition of generational player. So anything you have against Durant above, awhen applied to Klay, still makes Durant more of a generational talent than Klay. Continue to dey shoot o grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:57am On Oct 28, 2021
A40:
Too many maga teams in the NBA. He will certainly get his money. What I want to see is just how much of an impact the rule change will make, will he evolve his scoring arsenal because he is quite average for a 3pt shooter and had always hinged on drawing fouls. Or will he just resign to playmaking because in Kyrie's absence I expected he will take more shots instead he is taking fewer shots. It makes no sense, maybe its a confidence thing

The NBA posted a series of tweets on the rule change before season started, and Harden was one of the examples they used on what the change meant. Which is why I stayed away from Harden in fantasy this year. I fully expected his scoring to drop by 10pts at least. Of course when my enemies picked him in round 1, I could not but laugh and thank my God grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:42am On Oct 28, 2021
Khanben:

Steve Nash 2x, Reggie Miller, Malcolm brogdon have all shot 50/40/90. Nash is even a 2x MVP to boot does that make anyone of them generational talents. Generational talents change the trajectory of franchises, they pick a dead beat franchise and drag them into relevance.

Did you read what I wrote? How many of them averaged 27?

You keep changing the definition of this generational talent. Now you have to change the fortunes of a franchise. Which fortune did Magic change? The Lakers had always been the cream of the crop. By this your definition, where do we put Isiah Thomas?

Sometimes players could have all the talent in the world, but something would hold them back. It could be attitude towards the game, like Kyrie. It could be injuries, like Kyrie also and Zion. It could be your lackluster GM.

You think we know who a generational talent is only when they've achieved great things with their franchise. But the reverse is the case. You know a generational talent at the very beginning of their career. Possibly within the first five years. We knew LeBron was a generational talent the moment he stepped in the NBA, way before achieving sh*t. Just the same way we know Luka Doncic is a generational talent. Abi is Luka not a generational talent? I really want you to answer this question.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:45am On Oct 28, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

I sha agree with you on this argument. You do not have to be number one option to be a generational talent. Bring in something unique, have a special attribute that the game has not seen before, then be consistent and be on top of your game, that talent is what is referred to as generational, Why? Because generations to come will start adapting to that talent of you and even improve on it. Being a generational talent does not mean you have to be number one on a team. You could be on the same team with KD or Bron, how you wan take be number one option there?
Someone might just come and start scoring free throws facing backwards and will shoot at 90% accuracy, that's a talent that's never been seen before, as long as he's consistent and manages to be amongst top 20, that's generational... generations to come will continue with that skill.
My opinion on the topic tho

Generational talent is based on talent alone. It has nothing to do with leadership or success. Although the talent most times brings the success, but a lot of other things have to fall in place. We can't say Iverson for instance is not a generational talent just because he didn't achieve success. Even if Luka doesn't achieve any major success, he's still a generational talent.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:03am On Oct 28, 2021
birdman:

The NBA posted a series of tweets on the rule change before season started, and Harden was one of the examples they used on what the change meant. Which is why I stayed away from Harden in fantasy this year. I fully expected his scoring to drop by 10pts at least. Of course when my enemies picked him in round 1, I could not but laugh and thank my God grin

Lol. By 10 points, do you mean from 35 to 25, or from 25 to 15? Because na 25 him average last year o grin

I still think he can average 25 easily even with this rule chance. Especially now that Kyrie is absent.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2021
Oh i have a fair idea about the argument. You did say that we want to see Klay without a superstar. We have never seen KD without one, so i suppose based on that there's no way to judge if he's a generational talent, even though we both know he is. If he isn't I don't know who is. You clearly suggested that to rule out Klay, but it must apply to others too, even those for which it's a consensus. So the point is say another thing. Make an argument that doesn't automatically exclude some of the players, that are nothing but generational talents. You don't get to bring that up in the case of Klay. I wasn't expecting that line of argument. Besides, i don't have anything against him. Just giving him the same treatment Lebron was given. Very simple. grin
birdman:

papa benji, you just enter market dey shoot, I dont even think you know why you are shooting grin This is a comparison between Klay and Durant on the definition of generational player. So anything you have against Durant above, awhen applied to Klay, still makes Durant more of a generational talent than Klay. Continue to dey shoot o grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2021
I am praying for that man. He shall not fall sick or get injured. I want to see something. grin
A40:
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
birdman:

Lmao which is why I always found the whole most 'dynamic' scorer of all time banter a whole bunch of foolishness. Maybe prolific but there was absolutely nothing dynamic about his scoring. What I want to see is if he can evolve to the point where if he's fouled we know its a real foul and not the fugazy calls he was getting for eons. This is a dude that previously got to the line 9-10 times a game on average under the previous jurisdiction, who gamed the system so much he got more fouls on 3's than Dame and Steph combined. Its not if the numbers will drop, its the severity I'm curious to see
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin grin grin cheesy
birdman:

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
steady986:

Lol. By 10 points, do you mean from 35 to 25, or from 25 to 15? Because na 25 him average last year o grin

I still think he can average 25 easily even with this rule chance. Especially now that Kyrie is absent.

15pts? you are wicked grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
He's been averaging 17 so far. So not too far off the 15 point target. grin
steady986:

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2021
benji93:
I am praying for that man. He shall not fall sick or get injured. I want to see something. grin
Not even a strong believer in karma per se but when you consider how unprofessional he went about leaving the Rockets you begin to wonder. Perhaps if he got to training camp in shape he wouldn't have gotten hurt last season, we will never know. The Harden in Houston would take 25-30 shots in the regular season knowing fully well thats what it would take. Surely he must know what he is putting out there does not give his team a fair shot at winning
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2021
Birdman you deserve cold beer. Westbrook literally proved you right in the next game.

At the beginning of the season I told my friends winning with Westbrook would be the most difficult accomplishment in LeBron's career. The lakers should have made a run for lonzo rather than westbrick in the off season.

birdman:

I actually hate when Russ has games like this. Because it fuels his desire to chuck shots. We know he wont shoot 55FG% every night. Even with 33pts, his +/- was 1.

The real takeaway imo is that Lakers defense need to be able to hold teams like the Spurs to a 100pts or less in regulation. This team is too old to play hero ball 3 to 4 times a week. Defense is the only way out for this team.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2021
benji93:
He's been averaging 17 so far. So not too far off the 15 point target. grin

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2021
birdman:

15pts? you are wicked grin

Lol
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lol...Wetin Harden do ona na?? shocked grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
A40:
Not even a strong believer in karma per se but when you consider how unprofessional he went about leaving the Rockets you begin to wonder. Perhaps if he got to training camp in shape he wouldn't have gotten hurt last season, we will never know. The Harden in Houston would take 25-30 shots in the regular season knowing fully well thats what it would take. Surely he must know what he is putting out there does not give his team a fair shot at winning

Na this Rockets parole dey vess Commissioner Birdman but him dey disguise grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mr Birdman, you are excluded from the Harden talk. It's too personal for you. cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
Why Chiney dey sweat for armpit on national TV? grin This babe never ceases to amaze me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
aliondo:
Lol...Wetin Harden do ona na?? shocked grin cheesy

As in ehn! E just be like say dem don dey light candle ontop the man matter for decades grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:34am On Oct 29, 2021
Come on R. Cobb, you should be making that catch angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On Oct 29, 2021
@A40, come out and tell us the receivers the GOAT is throwing to against the 7-0 red hot Cardinals
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Oct 29, 2021
Oh boy! This is what happens when you have young and inexperienced receivers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:36am On Oct 29, 2021
@A40 and other haters, come and pay HOMAGE TO THE GOAT!

Who exactly was this man throwing to tonight?

Everyone, throughout the week picked the Cardinals to dismantle the Packers. No one gave us a chance!

We had players out injured on both ends of the field!

PUT SOME RESPECT TO THE NAME!!!!!!

K. Murray is a stud though! This kid is legit....Despite the weapons he has, he distinguishes himself..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.