Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1611564 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) ... (2192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:09am On Nov 09, 2021
steady986:
When healthy, AD is the best big man in the game. I don't want to hear any argument again.

And you believe what you just typed. Co angry

Giannis did not win back to back MVP, DPOY, Finals MVP and lead his team to a title to be slandered like this.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2021
etidy:

And you believe what you just typed. Co angry

Giannis did not win back to back MVP, DPOY, Finals MVP and lead his team to a title to be slandered like this.

Who next are you going to say is a big man, KD?
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
steady986:

Who next are you going to say is a big man, KD?

Let Embiid and Joker play with Bron make we see something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Let Embiid and Joker play with Bron make we see something.

Oh, is this you agreeing that LeBron makes guys better?

And please, AD has played only one season with LeBron. He's barely played with Bron this year and is still dominating on both ends of the court. If someone like Joker plays with LeBron a lot of his qualities won't really be needed. Like his playmaking. We'll want to see if he can catch lobs, attack the rim, protect the rim. Embiid is more likely to thrive with LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
steady986:
When healthy and motivated, AD is the best big man in the game. I don't want to hear any argument again.

Fixed it for you bros tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
I have no issues with that Jokic foul, even though it was a cheap shot. Markieff had that coming - the way he fouled Jokic wasnt good either. Next time, you will give the big man his respect.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
Hahaha buttersoft AD dominated the damn Hornets and we no go hear word. Let him man up and lead his own team on a nightly basis. Some people don win FMVP,DPOY and two time MVP without Daddy Lebron. AD ko APC ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
birdman:
I have no issues with that Jokic foul, even though it was a cheap shot. Markieff had that coming - the way he fouled Jokic wasnt good either. Next time, you will give the big man his respect.
These American players always think Europeans are sweet. See how Jimmy Butler was clapping like a project chic

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
birdman:

Fixed it for you bros tongue

Lol. Motivated to do what, play basketball? Una dey overplay this thing walahi. When did this notion of lack of motivation even begin? Last season? This season? Abi since he's been in the league?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
birdman:

Jokic is slowly building a reputation. He was ejected last playoffs for something similar.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
birdman:

I hope its true. This season no get joy, and its almost christmas time

I know say na you go wish me evil angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
steady986:

Lol. Motivated to do what, play basketball? Una dey overplay this thing walahi. When did this notion of lack of motivation even begin? Last season? This season? Abi since he's been in the league?

I wasnt following him hard before Lakers. But between this and last season, there have been multiple times this question has arisen. Serious question, do you think that AD is better than Giannis skill wise. If you agree with me that AD is the more skilled of the 2, why is it not showing on this team like Giannis is affecting the Bucks?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
birdman:

I wasnt following him hard before Lakers. But between this and last season, there have been multiple times this question has arisen. Serious question, do you think that AD is better than Giannis skill wise. If you agree with me that AD is the more skilled of the 2, why is it not showing on this team like Giannis is affecting the Bucks?

Because he's not an alpha. And that's not an indictment on him. Not everyone can be an alpha. Kyrie is one of the most skilled ballers in the league, but can he carry a team. The answer is no. As blasphemous as it may sound, even KD is not an alpha. Skilled player no doubt, but hasn't shown that he can carry a team. AD needs a good PG to be successful.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
steady986:

Because he's not an alpha. And that's not an indictment on him. Not everyone can be an alpha. Kyrie is one of the most skilled ballers in the league, but can he carry a team. The answer is no. As blasphemous as it may sound, even KD is not an alpha. Skilled player no doubt, but hasn't shown that he can carry a team. AD needs a good PG to be successful.

Question, does every number 1 option need to win a championship, for them to be an alpha?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Khanben:

Question, does every number 1 option need to win a championship, for them to be an alpha?

Not every number 1 option or Alpha will win a championship in this league. It is what it is. And not every number 1 option is an alpha. An Alpha is a guy that would make good use of the cast he has and go as far as possible. Him winning a championship depends on how good his sidekick or supporting cast is. LeBron, CP3, Westbrook (yes grin), Harden, Giannis. I might add a handful of guys in the league too.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:36am On Nov 10, 2021
I don't think there is any objective basketball fan on the planet that rank Anthony Davis as the best big man in the league ahead of Giannis, Jokic and Embiid.. It must take premium odeku to make that cold take.

And what's this talk about the supposed best big man not being an alpha but a beta grin what a load of crap.

Has there ever been any point in NBA history where the best big man is not an alpha.

What makes the best is not just your skills but intangibles like your drive and leadership.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:34am On Nov 10, 2021
birdman:

Bless you G. Next time only dish out what you can take
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:36am On Nov 10, 2021
steady986:

Jokic is slowly building a reputation. He was ejected last playoffs for something similar.

EL O EL grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:45am On Nov 10, 2021
A40:
Narrow escape.

And why is Jimmy Butler always doing fake tough guy. He knows he don't want that smoke with the Joker

grin grin grin grin grin grin Jimmy's a clown... Jokers response was Savage..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53am On Nov 10, 2021
joshboo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Jimmy's a clown... Jokers response was Savage..
You hit a man then turn your back, the ultimate sign of disrespect from California to Ulan Bataar. They think a ninja that was born inside Serbian war is scared of a couple of hoopers

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:02am On Nov 10, 2021
The NBA is very wrong with how they handled this Jokic/ Morris situation. If you decide to suspend the players, then fine both of them equally and suspend them equally. I have absolutely no problems with Jokic's reaction because he was not the instigator but somehow, the NBA has found a way to make him the Villan. Morris took a cheap shot at him, whether facing him or backing him is irrelevant. Morris did not expect Jokic will react but God I am happy he did.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:30am On Nov 10, 2021
I'm just trying to imagine it was LeBron James that did what Jokic did grin. We would all be calling for his head on a spike. People love who they love and they hate who they hate. I know Markieff's foul on Jokic was hard, but his aim there was to stop a fast break. Players do cynical fouls all the time, this one was just poorly executed. A flagrant 2 is all that should be awarded to Kieff. The rules are clear on that. Flagrant 2 is unnecessary and excessive contact and also comes with a fine. What Jokic did on the other hand is beyond a basketball play and therefore deserves a suspension. You can't punish them equally because their offences are not the same.

Even Jokic is a bit remorseful for his actions.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2021
Hehehe

Shaq and Chuck broke it down best. And I like Shannon's take even more. One cheap shot deserves another. Once you hit somebody if you like turn your back don't complain if they hit you back

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:29am On Nov 10, 2021
Markieff gave him a hard foul. Thumbs down Kieff. Is the punishment for a hard foul death? Jokic could have given him a serious neck injury or worse killed him. His head snapped back: a whiplash can lead to serious complications.

Reaction >>>>> Action.

I understand Jokic's intention though, he wanted to send a message to the NBA.

Fair enough punishment by the NBA in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2021
DeeMain:
Markieff gave him a hard foul. Thumbs down Kieff. Is the punishment for a hard foul death? Jokic could have given him a serious neck injury or worse killed him. His head snapped back: a whiplash can lead to serious complications.

Reaction >>>>> Action.

Lmaoo killed him?? Like barging into Jokic like that couldn't have broken his ribs and punctured his lungs, His flopping was what led to the Whiplash. I would sympathize with any other player not the Morris brothers, two of the dirtiest players in the league. Literally

Maybe if he apologized like a man instead of turning his back on him like a kitten he would have seen the retaliation coming. Any basketball court in the world if Morris tried that he would get knocked out whether he faced him or turned his back
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2021
DeeMain:

Reaction >>>>> Action.

Exactly. They all got what they deserved. Suspension for Jokic and a fine for Kieff.

I don't know whether we're now condoning retaliation for every hard foul in the NBA. When I think a foul is hard then I throw you a punch to let you know. Not suspending Jokic would have made the NBA look bad. Kudos to them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
A40:
Lmaoo killed him?? Like barging into Jokic like that couldn't have broken his ribs and punctured his lungs, His flopping was what led to the Whiplash. I would sympathize with any other player not the Morris brothers, two of the dirtiest players in the league. Literally

Maybe if he apologized like a man instead of turning his back on him like a kitten he would have seen the retaliation coming. Any basketball court in the world if Morris tried that he would get knocked out whether he faced him or turned his back

I disagree, bro. How can he flop without knowing what was coming behind? It was the weight of the big man(Jokic) + the force of the push + the fact that it was unexpected (so he didn't brace himself to absorb the impact) that caused the whiplash.

Look at the pictures below and tell me it was flopping.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
Lol. Flop for push wey you no even see coming. Una get mind o grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
steady986:

Exactly. They all got what they deserved. Suspension for Jokic and a fine for Kieff.

I don't know whether we're now condoning retaliation for every hard foul in the NBA. When I think a foul is hard then I throw you a punch to let you know. Not suspending Jokic would have made the NBA look bad. Kudos to them.

The suspension was always a given, but Jokic sent a message which I liked, you don't mess with the Big man.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2021
How ironic, one of the dirtiest players is now getting sympathy from fans, with the 2nd being his own twin brother...hahahahaha. Jokic is a big man, you take a dirty cheap shot at him while he is defenseless, anything could have happened. Keep an eye on Morris's knee when he hits Jokic, that is as dirty and dangerous as it gets...How about his twin brother Marcus intentionally stepping on Doncic's injured ankle?

Jokic is listed as 6'11 with a long wingspan, he could have landed awkwardly and damaged different parts of his body. Listen man, if you do the crime, you do the time, however, it comes to you. These guys are humans and you are not going to punk 6'11 Serbian who has seen it all, on the court or outside the court. Should we review some of the dirtiest plays the Morris's brothers have engaged in all in the name of basketball play? He could have, he could have, all in support of Morris! What of the "he could have" for Jokic? Is it because Jokic stayed up?

Below is Morris retaliating at Boogie who was turned away from him after Boogie tossed him like a piece of chip..The bum could not even muster enough power to move Boogie but you dey loud say "I am built differently". Like Shaq said, if you hit a big man, if he retaliates, it's all fair because the force is going to be different.

Jokic is the face of the franchise, he is going to come out and apologize but everyone now knows you are not going to punk him whether na cheap shot oh or dirty play. They are big men for a reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l2_1vtXMeU&t=44s
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
Khanben:

The suspension was always a given, but Jokic sent a message which I liked, you don't mess with the Big man.

Lol. You wouldn't be saying this if he plays for your team and he did it in a crucial playoff game/series.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
A big kid gets bulied by a classmate and he comes to class the next day on a shooting spree and kills 10. Intention, retaliation. Shaq and Chuck on National TV: "they got it coming. Don't mess with a big kid," and "if you hit a big kid, if he retaliates, it's all fair because the force is going to be different," literally glorifying the act, extolling violence, gloating even.

I say hogwash!

What happened to the virtue of sportsmanship? What happened to emotional intelligence? Are we not supposed to be trumpeting these?

Does sports analysts and broadcasters not have a code of conduct?

And kids watch these programs. I just wonder what we are teaching them these days.

And we are wondering why society is so decadent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1828) (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) ... (2192) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Android17 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.