Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616608 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) ... (2199) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
steady986:

And P.S, Giannis is not a big man.

Haaaaaaa! shocked shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
steady986:

Has Giannis ever outperformed AD the way he did today? Just one game he had injury and we no go hear word. You're now talking as if he gets outperformed by any top big man he plays.

The way you like dey nitpick sef. Did Giannis continue in the the game he got that injury? Didn't he have 2-3 day to heal? When AD got his injury in this game, did he quit? I'm sure you didn't watch the game. He played on. But he couldn't be aggressive because of it, that's why Vogel had to put THT on Giannis. AD didn't have a bad game. He shot 60% from the field and even had a better +/- than Giannis himself.

And which "stomach ache" kept AD at home? AD played with that stomach infection, even vomiting at halftime but still played on.

Abeg, make we hear word. Which injury, the one he was faking so he can avoid Giannis or which other injury? If he was seriously injured, you think he would not leave the game? Someone that was trying to avoid Giannis from the 1st quarter as him see say Giannis dey on fire. AD was not injured, the way he played is the new AD and get ready to see more of him this way. Someone that was looking for an excuse for having a bad day at that point, he was injured and played heavy minutes... TAH!!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Abeg, make we hear word. Which injury, the one he was faking so he can avoid Giannis or which other injury? If he was seriously injured, you think he would not leave the game? Someone that was trying to avoid Giannis from the 1st quarter as him see say Giannis dey on fire. AD was not injured, the way he played is the new AD and get ready to see more of him this way. Someone that was looking for an excuse for having a bad day at that point, he was injured and played heavy minutes... TAH!!

Whatever makes you sleep at night bro
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
KNIGHTBlaed:

Chale just allow am make he continue to dey deceive himself

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
birdman:

you guys should pity steady. this assault is too much grin
Lol make I allow am let him keep tying himself in tortuous knots. Person they have been begging to play the 5 for 3 seasons now is suddenly the best big in a league where Embiid and Jokic dey. No be meth behavior be that? Shaq literally said Giannis is him 2.0 na him person say no be big man grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
Roland17:

Stop being overtly emotional when issues about the Celtics and Harden come up because they seem to trigger a lot inside you and e no good for your health.

lol. take your own advice. I dont take attacks against rockets or Lebron or other players I like personal. Its a game, entertainment provided by millionaires for us fans. End of story.
But anytime you hear something about the celtics na so u go dey para like policeman grin You are the one that needs to take it easy. No matter how deep your green runs, you just a fan like d rest of us tongue

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
donlittle25:
Gentlemen

Wetin dem dey Westbrook dey build? Tower of Babel?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:01am On Nov 19, 2021
The Lakers starting 5 has red flags all over it. Usually a team filled with veterans do not play up and down the way these Lakers do. We know its not coaching, because they have 2 of the best defensive minds in the league on staff. One weakness that this team has is that 2 of the supposed top 4 players are not known for defense. I havent paid as much attention to Melo, but Westbrook's D has to be the biggest 419 of the season. The guy even knows how to fake it, but the ease with which fellow guards blow by this guy makes me know he isnt all in, no matter what he says.

Is it too late to trade Westbrook? I feel like a mid season trade is needed to shake things up
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:16am On Nov 19, 2021
Who will even take Westbrook?? I will know this league is rigged if any GM is stupid enough to take him and bail out the Lakers
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:38am On Nov 19, 2021
birdman:

lol. take your own advice. I dont take attacks against rockets or Lebron or other players I like personal. Its a game, entertainment provided by millionaires for us fans. End of story.
But anytime you hear something about the celtics na so u go dey para like policeman grin You are the one that needs to take it easy. No matter how deep your green runs, you just a fan like d rest of us tongue

Abia! Look at who is talking.. You don add lying to the hot temper and unforgiving spirit grin I see it took you a couple of days to gather yourself and get out of your emotions to respond to that one wen enter you tongue

If I start to dey expose you now, you go vess come say no one go force you to think differently, you no Dey fear anybody, like say dem ask you and all other yen yen! Carry your wahala dey go jare! Since season start, I don talk about the Houston Rockets more than you sef wen say u be fan. tongue tongue

#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:51am On Nov 19, 2021
Whatever you do Curry, reserve some energy for the playoffs. I want to see something. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Not too long ago it was absurd to even mention Giannis in the same breath as AD. Hmm. Interesting. grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 3:59am On Nov 19, 2021
A40:
Lol make I allow am let him keep tying himself in tortuous knots. Person they have been begging to play the 5 for 3 seasons now is suddenly the best big in a league where Embiid and Jokic dey. No be [b]meth behavior [/b]be that? Shaq literally said Giannis is him 2.0 na him person say no be big man grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Chai, this guy, you no well at all
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 4:02am On Nov 19, 2021
A40:
Who will even take Westbrook?? I will know this league is rigged if any GM is stupid enough to take him and bail out the Lakers

YOu mean westbrick?

I haven't heard of "westbrook" brfore
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 4:05am On Nov 19, 2021
donlittle25:
Gentlemen

Shots fired
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 4:08am On Nov 19, 2021
How come nobody is talking about Steph the Chef Curry

Na bad belle ve this. Not like the dude was/is liked here

But he still keeps making y'all favorite players look like trash

Go steph!!!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:29am On Nov 19, 2021
Blueelf:

grin grin grin grin grin

Chai, this guy, you no well at all
You sef read wetin e dey yarn since nau. E be like wetin normal person go talk?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:31am On Nov 19, 2021
Blueelf:

Go steph!!!
Its Steph fatigue. We are used to it.

Incredible 4th quarter by the Warriors. They were down 13 entering the 4th and Steph just went banzai

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Blueelf:

Go steph!!!

Naaa, he will always get his due from me any day, anytime!

Roland17:
How the Chef with 2 block! Defensive Player of the Year, anyone?

Roland17:
The Chef doing his thing!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49am On Nov 19, 2021
A40:
Its Steph fatigue. We are used to it.

Incredible 4th quarter by the Warriors. They were down 13 entering the 4th and Steph just went banzai

People are sleeping on the growth of this Cavs team. I have watched them 4 times this season, twice when they played my Celtics and I did not fail to give them credit on this thread. The Cavs are well coached team that are disciplined on the court and don't give up easily.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:58am On Nov 19, 2021
Roland17:

Naaa, he will always get his due from me any day, anytime!

Just give it 2 weeks we will start hearing Lillard debates on thus group, how he's greater than steph bla bla bla.

Someone here even said free throw rule changes go affect Steph, he just had about 3 40-50 point games with 1 free throw in the the last 2 weeks alone.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
steady986:

Has Giannis ever outperformed AD the way he did today? Just one game he had injury and we no go hear word. You're now talking as if he gets outperformed by any top big man he plays.

The way you like dey nitpick sef. Did Giannis continue in the the game he got that injury? Didn't he have 2-3 day to heal? When AD got his injury in this game, did he quit? I'm sure you didn't watch the game. He played on. But he couldn't be aggressive because of it, that's why Vogel had to put THT on Giannis. AD didn't have a bad game. He shot 60% from the field and even had a better +/- than Giannis himself.

And which "stomach ache" kept AD at home? AD played with that stomach infection, even vomiting at halftime but still played on.

All this your beer parlor instigated narrative, oga Giannis is better that AD, use any metric you wanna use doesn't change a thing.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
steady986:

Giannis is not on the same level with anybody. I've said that plenty of times. I proclaimed him the best player in the league already, even better than LeBron and KD. What I'm saying is when healthy, AD is the best big man in the league. And don't tell me Giannis is a big man just because he's big. Giannis is a forward. The most times Giannis has ever played forward is this season in like 3 or 4 games because of injuries. Lopez, Portis and Thanasis will play center before Giannis does. Hope you get now. AD on the other hand plays at least half his minutes at center every single game. If you want to bring up names like Jokic or Embiid then you have an argument. But don't mention Giannis.

EL O EL

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
birdman:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
steady986:
Did Stephen A just say that KD has no help in Brooklyn? shocked embarassed My goodness. How KD is held to a much lower standard than any superstar I've ever known.

Dem suppose dey check SAS before he goes on air cos that thing him dey always smoke never dey known to most people.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
This dude really said Giannis isn't a big. Allahu Akbar cheesy grin

Roland17:

People are sleeping on the growth of this Cavs team. I have watched them 4 times this season, twice when they played my Celtics and I did not fail to give them credit on this thread. The Cavs are well coached team that are disciplined on the court and don't give up easily.
Yeah I remember talking about the Cavs earlier. They are very well coached. The injuries are just too much
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
joshboo:

EL O EL

You have nothing to say? When I say Giannis is the best player in the league, you and your type get triggered grin. Because y'all would never want to put him above your sweethearts KD and Steph. Deal with it bro, Giannis is the best player in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Roland17:

Abia! Look at who is talking.. You don add lying to the hot temper and unforgiving spirit grin I see it took you a couple of days to gather yourself and get out of your emotions to respond to that one wen enter you tongue

If I start to dey expose you now, you go vess come say no one go force you to think differently, you no Dey fear anybody, like say dem ask you and all other yen yen! Carry your wahala dey go jare! Since season start, I don talk about the Houston Rockets more than you sef wen say u be fan. tongue tongue

#RIP24

I didnt see your initial response, hence the late reply. what is there to talk about on rockets biko? But we welcome you to the Rockets fold - we bleed red out here grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
benji93:
Not too long ago it was absurd to even mention Giannis in the same breath as AD. Hmm. Interesting. grin cheesy

bro, you will make a good politician. for real grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
A40:
This dude really said Giannis isn't a big. Allahu Akbar cheesy grin

Yeah I remember talking about the Cavs earlier. They are very well coached. The injuries are just too much

I really hope injuries don't derail their development. They've been playing very good basketball all season
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:22am On Nov 20, 2021
Jeremy Grant for Simmons, this dude just did the sixers dirty.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:44am On Nov 20, 2021
So we need Lebron to beat the celtics? which kin life be dis embarassed

ayo to Melo, thank you sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) ... (2199) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.