Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2023) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1615985 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
The Nuggets are getting into playoff mode
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
sad

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2023
@A40 e don zeh oh! Our boy Usman lost by decision. I thought Edwards defense and refusal to allow this fight hit the mat was convincing enough
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Roland17:
@A40 e don zeh oh! Our boy Usman lost by decision. I thought Edwards defense and refusal to allow this fight hit the mat was convincing enough
My fears for Usman weren't unfounded. This is what makes that last seconds loss hurt even more
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Tyus Jones is arguably the best backup PG in the league. No wonder they don't tend to miss Jarule at all.

His efficiency is dizzying. 12 assists and not a single turnover
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Mar 19, 2023
Here we go about to choke a 19 points lead
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:25am On Mar 19, 2023
So we called a timeout and the play is to just have Tatum walk up and jack up a 3 ball? Na.. This team dey vex me
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:25am On Mar 19, 2023
Please call the last play for Brown, Tatum is in his own head
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:29am On Mar 19, 2023
Another horrible last possession call. Why are we calling a play for Williams to drive to the bucket? I don't get it! For him to attack the rim or for him to kick out for a 3? Since when did Williams become a ball handler? There is nothing anyone can tell me, Mazulla is not the guy for me..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:42am On Mar 19, 2023
So Ceitics no fit just beat Jazz for us. Just this small favour angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:10am On Mar 19, 2023
steady986:
sad

Its always been that way, and its not going to change. Best to deal with it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:00am On Mar 19, 2023
Roland17:
Here we go about to choke a 19 points lead
Hahahaha. I just dey laugh

You guys are now 3rd seed. I really thought the Jazz were tanking. I absolutely pity people that still carry basketball moneyline. No way you're not approaching bankruptcy now

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2023
Warriors are now 7-29 on the road. Goodness!

Btw what is up with Wiggins? Did someone die? Is someone dying?

I understand privacy and not trying to be a dvxk but I'm a believer that absolutely nothing is new under the sun. Whatever happened has happened to someone before. Sores are better exposed than hidden but that's just me
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 11:16am On Mar 19, 2023
Roland17:
Every year, there are great college basketball players who will not make it into the NBA because of their style. Some of those players this season are D. Timmie (Gonzaga), J. Jaques (UCLA) and Z. Edey (Purdue).

What you mean explain boss ?
Re: The NBA Begins by typicalgamer(m): 11:23am On Mar 19, 2023
Roland17:

Rumor has it that Andrew's longtime girlfriend cheated on him with his bestfriend, got pregnant, had the baby and all along Andrew thought the daughter (some say both kids are not his) was his.

This is cruel if true! I don't know how he gets over this one.

Women go stain your white shirt o
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:11am On Mar 20, 2023
I think Jalen wants out of the Celtics. Irishtown not treating the brother right. Sad that with all that money, you still have issues getting housing
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Mar 20, 2023
birdman:
I think Jalen wants out of the Celtics. Irishtown not treating the brother right. Sad that with all that money, you still have issues getting housing

Racism has been an issue in bean town, I can’t deny it. However, I don’t think it translates into JB wanting out, at least not right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:27am On Mar 20, 2023
typicalgamer:

What you mean explain boss ?

Being a great college basketball players like the ones I listed doesn’t necessarily translate into being lottery picks or sought after talents in the NBA. They will probably get drafted but will barely play good minutes before they are out of the league and in Europe.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:33am On Mar 20, 2023
Roland17:

Racism has been an issue in bean town, I can’t deny it. However, I don’t think it translates into JB wanting out, at least not right now.

They did pick a curious time to do this interview, but he appears to be more activist than the average nba player. He doesnt even sound angry, just resigned to the facts lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:50am On Mar 20, 2023
birdman:

They did pick a curious time to do this interview, but he appears to be more activist than the average nba player. He doesnt even sound angry, just resigned to the facts lol

JB is renowned around the sports world for his social justice fight. He is an extremely intelligent, eloquent and a well read gentleman who has given great speeches in universities across the country including Harvard. He has a future in politics if he chooses after his NBA career. This is why I said it doesn’t necessarily mean he wants out of Boston because this isn’t the first time JB has been open about racism and Boston.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:50am On Mar 20, 2023
It’s the D. Timmie show..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:13am On Mar 20, 2023
I love watching D. Timmie, one of my favorite college basketball ball players!!!! Man just enjoys playing basketball.

I love the fact Few and the Zags are flying under the radar for the first time. Hopefully this will help them this time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 7:36am On Mar 20, 2023
typicalgamer:

Women go stain your white shirt o

T least, thank God say him no marry am

She for divorce quick con cash out

Despite her being the cheater

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:46pm On Mar 20, 2023
Portland is already talking of shutting down Dame even though the dude wants to play, so that they can tank for a better draft pick.
Very soon someone will do another stupid load management article and will include those missed games, when computing whatever statistics they are trying to push the narrative for.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
Khanben:
Portland is already talking of shutting down Dame even though the dude wants to play, so that they can tank for a better draft pick.
Very soon someone will do another stupid load management article and will include those missed games, when computing whatever statistics they are trying to push the narrative for.

too many excuses mehn, dame himself is not serious. The brother is down low lazy. Even if he wants to stay on portland, I have never seen him put pressure on the front office to win. He just wants to ball and get paid. Like Beal. and thats ok. But stop trying to make the go getters look bad, like you staying in one place cuz you loyal and old school.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2023
birdman:

too many excuses mehn, dame himself is not serious. The brother is down low lazy. Even if he wants to stay on portland, I have never seen him put pressure on the front office to win. He just wants to ball and get paid. Like Beal. and thats ok. But stop trying to make the go getters look bad, like you staying in one place cuz you loyal and old school.

Agree with a lot of what you said, but this situations are like the classical 9ja song about a father, his son and their donkey, whichever way a person goes people will talk.
IMHO, everybody should act in a way that gives them peace of mind. make decisions you can live with and let the chips fall as they may.

PS: Putting pressure doesn't always work, some owners just don't know how to hire the right basketball people to make the right decisions at the right time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:08am On Mar 22, 2023
A lot of positive adjustments in this game against Kings. We are playing inside out, taking the ball to the rack and actually moving our feet.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:02am On Mar 22, 2023
birdman:

There's nothing wrong with what Dame is doing as far as sticking to the Blazers, is it his fault his GM is not doing his job or a free agent not coming to Portland?

What's the point of a 30 team league if the best players are just going to congregate in 6 or 7 teams
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:07am On Mar 22, 2023
Paul George with a nasty looking injury. Just maybe the Clippers are cursed

Luguentz Dort. Put the clamps on Kawhi. This OKC looks like an interesting wacky team

From the day they blew out the Celtics without SGA and then ruined Lebron's scoring night. I knew something was up with this team

They're now 7th and within striking chance of 6th. Do they tank or go for it?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2023
Khanben:

Agree with a lot of what you said, but this situations are like the classical 9ja song about a father, his son and their donkey, whichever way a person goes people will talk.
IMHO, everybody should act in a way that gives them peace of mind. make decisions you can live with and let the chips fall as they may.

PS: Putting pressure doesn't always work, some owners just don't know how to hire the right basketball people to make the right decisions at the right time.

I am with birdman on this one. Lillard is afraid of the pressure that comes with winning.
A good example of a player that is serious was Giannis. With one year left in his contract, he supported his team but made it openly clear that they needed to improve the rooster. What happened next ? Jrue holiday and gbam one title.

You don't have to request for a trade but you have to apply the right amount of pressure. Lillard gives the vibes of a player who just want to stat pad, make millions without the pressure that comes with it while hiding under the loyalty banner.

Sometimes let your contract run down small and put fear into the front office.
Lillard jumps at every opportunity for long extensions upon extensions take the maximum amount with consideration of how it affects the ability of the team to put players around him.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2023
Lonzo Ball’s career is over in my opinion. He should just hang his shoes for his own health and life retirement. I am feel bad for the man.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
etidy:

I am with birdman on this one. Lillard is afraid of the pressure that comes with winning.
A good example of a player that is serious was Giannis. With one year left in his contract, he supported his team but made it openly clear that they needed to improve the rooster. What happened next ? Jrue holiday and gbam one title.

You don't have to request for a trade but you have to apply the right amount of pressure. Lillard gives the vibes of a player who just want to stat pad, make millions without the pressure that comes with it while hiding under the loyalty banner.

Sometimes let your contract run down small and put fear into the front office.
Lillard jumps at every opportunity for long extensions upon extensions take the maximum amount with consideration of how it affects the ability of the team to put players around him.

you said it better than I could

(1) (2) (3) ... (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.