Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1616102 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 9:41am On Oct 26, 2016
Killrhymz:

see as I dey flog smooch

grin grin grin hehehe as I dey vex this season na angry

Well done o, lmao killrhymz killing it cheesy
Skywalker well done o....

Sharrout to y'all ..... undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
There are only two Humans that will stop Golden State being crowned champions next year.

1)Lebron James
2) Spurs- To be Precise Pop.

If the warriors had Pop as their Head Coach, they'll walk the League

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
Killrhymz:

see as I dey flog smooch
Check well. No be me you beat. Na birdman. You only beat me when you do cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
I am so glad league seasons are judged by the first game. If that were not the case the Cavs that won their first game last season would not have been champions....Oh wait!
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
chic2pimp:
There are only two Humans that will stop Golden State being crowned champions next year.

1)Lebron James
2) Spurs- To be Precise Pop.

If the warriors had Pop as their Head Coach, they'll walk the League

No they won't. They would lose to OKC 4-2 at the WCSFs. You see, Pop doesn't defecate Gold.

I wonder why people's metrics for judging the warriors changes at conveniences? If the Warriors had won that same game by the same margin, the same people will turn around and say it is just the regular season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
Eruditor:

No they won't. They would lose to OKC 4-2 at the WCSFs. You see, Pop doesn't defecate Gold.

I wonder why people's metrics for judging the warriors changes at conveniences? If the Warriors had won that same game by the same margin, the same people will turn around and say it is just the regular season.
You miss something. Warriors are thought better than the Spurs. I am a Spurs fan but I dinot expect the Spurs to win this morning and even if they did, maybe by 3 or 4 points but certainly not a blowout.

Judging by their lineups almost everyone expected Warriors to pull it off and playing at home was an added advantage.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
Mynd44:

You miss something. Warriors are thought better than the Spurs. I am a Spurs fan but I dinot expect the Spurs to win this morning and even if they did, maybe by 3 or 4 points but certainly not a blowout.

Judging by their lineups almost everyone expected Warriors to pull it off and playing at home was an added advantage.

No Warriors fan can deny this with a straight-face. I didn't expect them to lose, let alone by 29 points ahome. So in that I agree with you.

But there is a flip side to it and you'd do well to notice it as the season progresses. If the Warriors beat any team and even do 79-3 people would say it doesn't count until you win the Playoffs. If they win the playoffs people would say, everyone knew they would win it, the NBA is predictable. We don't want super teams and so on.

I thought neutrals and other fans alike should now be happy that this super-team is not as strong as people predicted and that maybe the season won't be as one-sided as many feared. Or are they celebrating the loss because they know there would be very few of them all season?

This same reactions online were prevalent all through last seasons regular season especially when Warriors lost 87-79 to Spurs to make it 1-1 during the season. Then when GSW made it 3-1 for the season, same people said Spurs don't care about the regular season and that they had GSW figured out just in time for the playoffs. Someone on this thread even said Pop was saving his tricks for the playoffs. We saw how that panned out.

So not yet Uhuru my people. Not yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
A40:

Its a long gruelling season with loads of time for Golden State to improve

It is imperative we all agree the Warriors team was assembled to win NOW, while that is a lot of pressure on the Warriors, it was self inflicted. The western conference is brutal, and the teething problems from last season are significantly prominent in the team.

I am personally rooting for Durant, he is one of my favorite players in the current NBA, and i have absolutely no problem with his decision to join the Warriors, however, they don't have all the time to figure things out. The loss to the Spurs is not the problem for me, its how they lost to the Spurs who happen to be contenders in the conference.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
Eruditor:

Pop doesn't defecate Gold but He is a much better coach than Kerr would be in 2 lifetimes. If they had Kerr as coach, they'll be raining two times NBA Champions.

Nah No reason to change my opinions on the warriors. They'll still breeze through most games in the regular season even with me as Head coach. They simply got outplayed by a better coached team not necessarily a superior team.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Roland17:

It is imperative we all agree the Warriors team was assembled to win NOW, while that is a lot of pressure on the Warriors, it was self inflicted. The western conference is brutal, and the teething problems from last season are significantly prominent in the team.

I am personally rooting for Durant, he is one of my favorite players in the current NBA, and i have absolutely no problem with his decision to join the Warriors, however, they don't have all the time to figure things out. The loss to the Spurs is not the problem for me, its how they lost to the Spurs who happen to be contenders in the conference.
Steve Kerr would really have to step up his coaching game this year.

The Warriors have plenty time to adjust. Remember the Heat were a .500 team 32 games into their own season that year.

All the vitriol poured on the Warriors is really taking away the excellence of the Spurs last night. They woulda beaten anybody including the Cavs. I don't know if this tempo is sustainable but I look at the 2013 and 2014 Spurs as a reminder that maybe just maybe we should pay them a little more attention

As for the Warriors we would see as the season unfolds
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
chic2pimp:

Pop doesn't defecate Gold but He is a much better coach than Kerr would be in 2 lifetimes. If they had Kerr as coach, they'll be raining two times NBA Champions.

Nah No reason to change my opinions on the warriors. They'll still breeze through most games in the regular season even with me as Head coach. They simply got outplayed by a better coached team not necessarily a superior team.

Pop is a HOFer, we are not here to argue that. But Kerr didn't inherit champions and his traducers need to recognise that as well.

That aside, Pop lost from 3-2 against Heats team in 2013. It was his 2014 response to that same team that made the story all the more glorious. Let us see how Kerr responds.

Personally, I am not phased because all I care about is the ring at the end of the season. Lebron had his ass handed to him 3 times in the regular season to GSW and OKC suffered same too. The playoffs became a different kettle of fish. Blazers did same to GSW. 32 or 35 points loss- I forget the deficit. It is the response that matters.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:20am On Oct 27, 2016
Not a bad start to the season, even though we almost lost the game after a very comfortable lead in the 4th. Pace, movement and ball movement seem to be the mantra of this team this season. Al. Horford presents a different dynamic on the court, wee are able to play small ball and for centers away from the rim. i hope he can become an integral offensive weapon for this team.

Brad Stevens has an opportunity to continue building this team from last season, i expect a higher finish this season and advancing past the first round in the post season. I was pleased with Jaylen Brown our number 3 overall pick from Brooklyn especially on defense.

#greenrunsdeep

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:11am On Oct 27, 2016
#LakerNation-New Era!

cool
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:18am On Oct 27, 2016
Houston handed them the game. Played absolutely no defense..
Re: The NBA Begins by Derrickfresh(m): 7:49am On Oct 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
They played the James harden way grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2016
Derrickfresh:
They played the James harden way grin
Funny enough Harden carries that team on his own.. I don't blame him for being so bad at defense when he plays PG as well as SG.. He was totally gassed out in 4th and thanks to Capella for the sweet turnovers.. The whole teams needs to work harder especially one defense
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2016
birdman, smooch, joephemzyz how market d beatings na die tongue grin cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:25am On Oct 27, 2016
Have you guys seen this. its funny. Making the warriors a villian team grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM0IB-1xJ8s
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Killrhymz:
birdman, smooch, joephemzyz how market d beatings na die tongue grin cool
Wait! Which beating?? Who got beat?? No be Birdman?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
I'm just sitting here waiting for Bulls to play ball cry

Rondo

Wade

Butler

Lopez

Gibson

Mirotic

McDermott

Felicio and

Benny the bull grin

#BullsNation

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2016
Decale:
I'm just sitting here waiting for Bulls to play ball cry

Rondo

Wade

Butler

Lopez

Gibson

Mirotic

McDermott

Felicio and

Benny the bull grin

#BullsNation

The Rondo, Wade and Butler combo go bad!... But I don't really think they'll go far, they still need little time to adjust. If they face cavs or raptors in the playoffs, they'll be knocked out.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
TRendlona:

The Rondo, Wade and Butler combo go bad!... But I don't really think they'll go far, they still need little time to adjust. If they face cavs or raptors in the playoffs, they'll be knocked out.
Thats a terrible combo. Three players that really aren't shooters? No spacing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
Donlittle:
Thats a terrible combo. Three players that really aren't shooters? No spacing.

Dwayne Wade is a good shooter, Rondo is good in making assists.. If their chemistry could be like that of Westbrook and Durant, they'll go far.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Lmao who were you expecting to play defense? Who is their coach again
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
TRendlona:

Dwayne Wade is a good shooter, Rondo is good in making assists.. If their chemistry could be like that of Westbrook and Durant, they'll go far.
Do you mean from 3 or midrange for Wade? Cos he's poor at 3's

Rondo is also a locker room cancer. This is his 4th team in 3 years. I question his motivation
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
A40:

Do you mean from 3 or midrange for Wade? Cos he's poor at 3's

Rondo is also a locker room cancer. This is his 4th team in 3 years. I question his motivation

Dwayne is a good shooter generally. He isn't a bad 3 pointer. As for Rondo, I no know wetin hin dey find upandan, from Celtics to Kings and now Bulls but truth be said he's an assist king.

And lastly BTW, are u the A40 in Bayern thread?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
TRendlona:

Dwayne is a good shooter generally. He isn't a bad 3 pointer. As for Rondo, I no know wetin hin dey find upandan, from Celtics to Kings and now Bulls but truth be said he's an assist king.

lol @ wade isn't a bad 3 point shooter.

Wade is good slashing to the basket, has great post move for a guard, and good mid-range. Something that diminishes with age, which is why I said Three players that can't shoot. Too much paint clogging for me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:26am On Oct 28, 2016
Isaiah Thomas would have to do more if continues with his crusade of wanting the league, media and fans to recognize as a superstar in the NBA.

Isaiah is a superstar in Boston, however, he is a mere Star in my books outside of Boston. He needs to take over games offensively, control the pace of the offense, improve his assist numbers and stop these silly turnovers for any serious considerations.

I am not blaming IT for tonight's loss, however, he has been average since the first round of the playoff's last season and I am seeing the same problems.

#greenrunsdeep

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:53am On Oct 28, 2016
Celtics-hawks
Am looking forward to that one.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2016
sorry guys I'm winning nairaleague this season
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2016
TRendlona:

Lol are you Dwyane Wade's agent? You must have passed him information about our critique of his shooting somehow

Yes I am A-40. The one and only you can't clone me. Haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.