Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1614816 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
A40:

Lool. First things first. LeBron shoulda gotten a tec, and that was a foul on Durant. The NBA have come out to say this

With that being said, the Warriors once again pissed away a very easy win.

I watched the game from start to finish and my thoughts.

Kyrie Irving is a BEAST. I have not seen a player display such clutchness in a while. With the game on the line he demands the ball and plays fearlessly. This is what the Warriors have to fix! They need to look within themselves and identify who would be the Closer in that team. It clearly can't be Durant with the way he faffed around on that final play with a smaller and significantly older Richard Jefferson. I would nominate Klay tbh

The Warriors have to stop enabling Green. It is possible to play hard and with grit without being a nuisance. He is a father now, small sense and maturity suppose don set in.

Iggy is a broken man, he clearly shook and he better accept anything the Warriors give him because he adds very little to the cause nowadays

LeBron's shooting has improved which is remarkable. Because if you watched him up till 2009/10 his mechanics were laughable and his J unreliable. I know it still comes and goes like Glo network but if you saw him back then you would be marveled at the confidence he now has in his treys

Curry dey phuck up big time. Its high time some scrutiny is sent his way. The kind of passes he and Draymond throw at times its like they think they are at Rucker Park. Even his coaches don't trust him on defense in key possessions. I know he is slight but slighter guys dey like Isaiah Thomas wey still dey play hard.

I also saw ninjas settling for layups where they coulda dunked (K.D and Green the only exception) you are setting yourself up for intimidation. That is why 36 year old Jefferson was posterizing Durant and Thompson
I have a big problem of putting my points into writing cheesy Iggy needs a therapist and your ending part, they put themselves in that position to be bullied and intimidated. Curry made one stupid pass and I was like "wake up dude". They really need a spark and Green isn't doing it right. I hope they learn and for you Killryhmz, I no fear your Spurs cheesy Kawhi has been figured out no worries if we meet in wcf.. We won't shrink like we blew 3-1 lead to you.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2016
Killrhymz:

whatever u call it warriors cant beat d spurs tho
Well well well, if things stay this way, we'd be looking at a GSW - Spurs match-up in the WCF finals.
My my only fear is that the Rockets would stretch GSW all the way to game 7 while Spurs would easily tank Clippers/Okc
Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2016
A40:

Lool. First things first. LeBron shoulda gotten a tec, and that was a foul on Durant. The NBA have come out to say this

With that being said, the Warriors once again pissed away a very easy win.

I watched the game from start to finish and my thoughts.

Kyrie Irving is a BEAST. I have not seen a player display such clutchness in a while. With the game on the line he demands the ball and plays fearlessly. This is what the Warriors have to fix! They need to look within themselves and identify who would be the Closer in that team. It clearly can't be Durant with the way he faffed around on that final play with a smaller and significantly older Richard Jefferson. I would nominate Klay tbh

The Warriors have to stop enabling Green. It is possible to play hard and with grit without being a nuisance. He is a father now, small sense and maturity suppose don set in.

Iggy is a broken man, he clearly shook and he better accept anything the Warriors give him because he adds very little to the cause nowadays

LeBron's shooting has improved which is remarkable. Because if you watched him up till 2009/10 his mechanics were laughable and his J unreliable. I know it still comes and goes like Glo network but if you saw him back then you would be marveled at the confidence he now has in his treys

Curry dey phuck up big time. Its high time some scrutiny is sent his way. The kind of passes he and Draymond throw at times its like they think they are at Rucker Park. Even his coaches don't trust him on defense in key possessions. I know he is slight but slighter guys dey like Isaiah Thomas wey still dey play hard.

I also saw ninjas settling for layups where they coulda dunked (K.D and Green the only exception) you are setting yourself up for intimidation. That is why 36 year old Jefferson was posterizing Durant and Thompson

Yeah, should have been a tech. But at times, refs get caught up in the moment. And the don't want to held responsible for spoiling the game with controversial-calls.

KYRIE is the next big thing. Clutch as can be.

Left to me, warriors should choose whoever is hottest amongst them to lead at such moments. U can really stick to klay. Cos at times he fumbles over long stretch of minutes and games.

Curry ain't that bad defensively, just needs to be harder with his defence.

All in all, I ain't still convinced cavs would take out warriors in a game of seven.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
nairamaniac:

Yeah, should have been a tech. But at times, refs get caught up in the moment. And the don't want to held responsible for spoiling the game with controversial-calls.

KYRIE is the next big thing. Clutch as can be.

Left to me, warriors should choose whoever is hottest amongst them to lead at such moments. U can really stick to klay. Cos at times he fumbles over long stretch of minutes and games.

Curry ain't that bad defensively, just needs to be harder with his defence.

All in all, I ain't still convinced cavs would take out warriors in a game of seven.
The rules are the rules though. If it happened against the Cavs they would have let us heard it.

Going with the flow of the game K.D shoulda gone for the winner. Unfortunately K.D's record at closing out games is atrocious and I couldn't even find Steph on the court.

Klay is the most fearless and coldest killa among all 3 but he is more of an off the ball guy so they would have to run a catch and shoot play.

K.D really fall my hand. If he missed I for even understand. This ninja is 6'10 and he fell FFS
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
Jesus! I can't believe Richard Jefferson got fined cause he smiled and winked at KD after posterizing him.

Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 27, 2016
KD weak bro grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:13pm On Dec 27, 2016
Someone's about to pay $200K fine cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy At least he's speaking up..

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
League Leaders:

2. Anthony Davis – 29.6

3. DeMarcus Cousins – 29.1

4. James Harden – 27.5

5. DeMar DeRozan – 27.5

Rebounds:
1. Hassan Whiteside – 14.9

2. Andre Drummond – 13.5

3. Dwight Howard – 13.0

4. DeAndre Jordan – 12.9

5. Rudy Gobert – 11.9
Assists:
1. James Harden – 11.9

2. Russell Westbrook – 10.9

3. John Wall – 9.9

4. Chris Paul – 9.6

5. LeBron James – 8.6
Blocks:
1. Anthony Davis – 2.71

2. Rudy Gobert – 2.61

3. Myles Turner – 2.39

4. Joel Embiid – 2.38

5. Hassan Whiteside – 2.35
Steals:
1. Chris Paul – 2.27

2. John Wall – 2.25

3. Draymond Green – 2.20

4. Trevor Ariza – 2.19

5. Kawhi Leonard – 2.00
Field Goal Percentage:

1. Rudy Gobert - .698

2. DeAndre Jordan - .656

3. Dwight Howard - .646

4. Clint Capela - .640

5. Steven Adams - .592
Three-Pointers Made:
1. Stephen Curry – 120

2. Eric Gordon – 119

3. Kyle Lowry – 100

4. Klay Thompson - 95

5. James Harden – 95
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 29, 2016
GSW vs Raptors: Flat track bullies grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Someone's about to pay $200K fine cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy At least he's speaking up..
$15k though.
He made valid points there, even though I'm biased cos they played against D Wade's Bulls. A lot needs to be done about the quality of refereeing, more and more players are grumbling, only keeping it within cos of league regulations .
Would be interesting though, to watch the return game tomorrow at the Pacers cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:40am On Dec 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

$15k though.
He made valid points there, even though I'm biased cos they played against D Wade's Bulls. A lot needs to be done about the quality of refereeing, more and more players are grumbling, only keeping it within cos of league regulations .
Would be interesting though, to watch the return game tomorrow at the Pacers cheesy
I was surprised it wasn't $50k since the NBA don't want players speaking up..
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:40am On Dec 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:
GSW vs Raptors: Flat track bullies grin
Lmaooooo.

It's a cold killing out there
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:48am On Dec 29, 2016
Through the FA, I wanted us to add Bazemore or Batum but here we are with KD cheesy. Kevin Durant and these guys are out there playing ball like it's eating contest cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Through the FA, I wanted us to add Bazemore or Batum but here we are with KD cheesy. Kevin Durant and these guys are out there playing ball like it's eating contest cheesy
Lool lol lol lol. I must give credit to DeRozan and the Raptors , overcoming that demoralizing 1st quarter blowout to coming within a possession play in the 4th.
That's why they're the league's best offensive team.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:41am On Dec 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Lool lol lol lol. I must give credit to DeRozan and the Raptors , overcoming that demoralizing 1st quarter blowout to coming within a possession play in the 4th.
We always blow leads and I'm still confused as to why that issue has not been fixed undecided. I was expecting a 20pt game. Much respect to the raptors tho..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
We always blow leads and I'm still confused as to why that issue has not been fixed undecided. I was expecting a 20pt game. Much respect to the raptors tho..

Which is the point I was trying to make after the Cavs game: that we had made that same mistake a couple of times this season. Even against an Under-manned Jazz team, Raptors the first time we played, Pelicans, Bucks and even the Wolves. That is why I used the word complacency as no matter how other teams seem to view it as them "getting stops and hitting big shots" it always boiled down to GSW just losing steam unnecessarily.

I know majority of the reason this happens is because they are trying to show so much that they are more interested in the post-season, but they should be careful not to decommission themselves before it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2016
sapiosexual1:

The leagues 2nd or 3rd best offensive team. I thought GSW was still number 1?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2016
Eruditor:

Which is the point I was trying to make after the Cavs game: that we had made that same mistake a couple of times this season. Even against an Under-manned Jazz team, Raptors the first time we played, Pelicans, Bucks and even the Wolves. That is why I used the word complacency as no matter how other teams seem to view it as them "getting stops and hitting big shots" it always boiled down to GSW just losing steam unnecessarily.

I know majority of the reason this happens is because they are trying to show so much that they are more interested in the post-season, but they should be careful not to decommission themselves before it.
I agree. other teams now fighting harder and getting the boost and confidence they need to win knowing we're good at not finishing well.. Hopefully it'll stop..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
boredom is the real reason.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:51am On Dec 29, 2016
SIRcumalot:

boredom is the real reason.
Hahahahaha.. Abeg explain please..
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2016
SmooshCHN:
Hahahahaha.. Abeg explain please..
they are easily better than the opposition that sometimes,they just slow down.
We won't see them truly locked in until the playoffs.that just my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:14am On Dec 30, 2016
First Paul George, Durant and now Westbrook complains of the officiating. These players better continue speaking up cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
SmooshCHN:
First Paul George, Durant and now Westbrook complains of the officiating. These players better continue speaking up cheesy
I think Westbrook deserved the two technicals and the consequent ejection he got . He kept nagging about the foul that wasn't called even when the officials assured him they had heard his complaints already.
With his level of experience, he shouldn't be doing that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2016
Isaiah Thomas scores 52 for a career high..
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 8:51am On Dec 31, 2016
Roland17:
Isaiah Thomas scores 52 for a career high..

For his height, I. Thomas is just too pure a scorer it is unbelievable. I saw the highlights of the chase down blocks bron was dishing to people against Celtics and noticed Thomas waltzed his way easily into Cavs paint to make easy buckets. I believe he dropped 31 on the night and now today.

My issue is I still feel Horford can do more for you guys. His last possesssion against Cavs annoyed the hell out of me. Really. Celtics are one trade away from competing with the Cavs. Like I mean, really competing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2016
Eruditor:

For his height, I. Thomas is just too pure a scorer it is unbelievable. I saw the highlights of the chase down blocks bron was dishing to people against Celtics and noticed Thomas waltzed his way easily into Cavs paint to make easy buckets. I believe he dropped 31 on the night and now today.

My issue is I still feel Horford can do more for you guys. His last possesssion against Cavs annoyed the hell out of me. Really. Celtics are one trade away from competing with the Cavs. Like I mean, really competing.
@Roland17 , certainly Thomas did very well, it was all about him getting the personal glory (he didn't hide it in his post game presser) and the crowd and team encouraged him on.
But looking at it in perspective, 52pts with zero assists, that's meh for me. If Westbrook did that much, some persons here would bring down the roof on our heads grin angry sad. Getting 29pts in Q4 on a b-2-b game was the highlight for me though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 31, 2016
@SmooshCHN , it's getting more rampant and the NBA commission may need to step in soon.
Even Doc Rivers got ejected for bitching at the refs for a foul not called on Marresse Speights (even though we know it's cos his son was ejected for a soft foul).
More and more ppl are throwing caution to the wind to express their displeasure at the quality of refereeing
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
Eruditor:

I agree Big AL has not produced his max on the court for us this season, however, you must remember he was injured for over 14 games. Also, he is playing with younger players in contrast to what was available in ATL and most importantly, this is his first season with the Celtics.

I am an ardent fan and i watch most if not all our games, his return has been vital for us especially with blocks, under the rim contest and floor spacing. Our lack of perimeter scoring makes it difficult to value the advantage Big AL brings through floor spacing.

Danny Ainge has a big decision to make, i feel we have 3 similar players in Smart, Rozier and Bradley. One of those three would have to be traded.

We are one efficient perimeter scorer away from being a better team.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
The NBA will get tired of the complaints and do something.
And Isaiah, no assists? We know he usually does his PG job well who are we to bash his shine? His and Westbrook should continue what he does.. That team would always need him. I'd like him to make playoffs and that OKC GSW rematch. There'll be so much fun cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Muna15: 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2016
SmooshCHN:
The NBA will get tired of the complaints and do something.
And Isaiah, no assists? We know he usually does his PG job well who are we to bash his shine? His and Westbrook should continue what he does.. That team would always need him. I'd like him to make playoffs and that OKC GSW rematch. There'll be so much fun cheesy
I don't see OKC GSW being a great match up like that of late year. Russell will definitely ball but his team does not have the defensive strength to stop those GSW shooters.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 01, 2017
Muna15:

I don't see OKC GSW being a great match up like that of late year. Russell will definitely ball but his team does not have the defensive strength to stop those GSW shooters.
Certainly, OkC would do well to finish higher than 8th and avoid GSW in the first round, I think we would have them matched with Clippers in the first round, then faced with the Spurs in the semis

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (2198) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Kibbs(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.