Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? (18789 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 8:45am On Dec 27, 2011
David is an emperor without clothes.

A carnal man, who could not think of things of the spirit.

He had the option of rebuking the spirit of witchdract, he didn't; he only slapped the poor girl, who claimed to be a Witch for Jesus.

Divid has no sense of humour, could not see beyond his regular understanding of the word 'witch', could not restrain himself from getting physical, and is too arrogant to apologise for his behaviour. Heck, he returned months later to boast about it, at the same stained altar at which he committed the original irresponsible act.

Now, those of you supporting David: where is his Christianity? Where is the love meant for the weak? And where is the common respect another human should accord another in that situation? Where is his spirituality?

You're defaming God's name by associating this egomaniac ["Do you know who you're talking to"?] with God the Almighty, who is abundant in loving kindness, grace and truth.

David's holiness is worth nothing until he apologises - in public - to the girl 'witch'; he cannot redeem himself until he removes the stain of bullying from his altar. The Holy Spirit ought to have revealed this to all those DavidO zombies, but they wouldn't let the HS do it; the spirit of God is far from them.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by BERNIMOORE: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2011
OYEDEPO RAN AWAY FROM THE CHURCH BECAUSE OF HIS DEAR LIFE (BOKO HARAM) demostrating lack of faith,SIMPLE (UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE).SO WHY THE NOISE, if anybody is annoyed at the fact or rain curses IT GOES BACK TO SUCH PERSON LIVE AND DIRECT.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2011
vicoloni:

@Nimshi, you are a dead man. All the curses pronounced upon you by Meldrick shall come to pass except you confess openly in that same church and ask God for forgiveness.

Even if the man of God made a mistake by slapping that girl, you have all made your points but why the continued rantings by his critics? You guys have forgotten that this is a man that has used his privileges to build 2 world acclaimed universities in Nigeria in the space of 10 years with another one on the way?

How many have your father built?

You all criticise this man just because of jealousy?

Nimshi, you are dead.

I joined winners chapel 14 years ago as a pauper with no hope. He taught me bible faith. Today, am a millionaire trying to emulate him by impacting lives positively.

Nimshi, you are dead! except you repent and apologize openly.

Another David i.d-i.ot.

- Dead man? Hahaha. How possible? First, I'm writing this morning. And second: a man??

- Who is Meldrick? That mildly insane poster, Gadols?

- Confess in David's church? So that you members of the mob would confirm his holiness? Not happening.

- Continued ranting? David deserves it, until he reverses his thuggish boast, apologises to the girl, & pays compensation.

- Used his 'privileges' to build two universities? Yeah, 'priviledges', or, well church donated funds. So?

- Jealous? Of David, he of the white suit and white shoes? You could take the man out of the ghetto, bt not the ghetto out of the man. White suit and shite shoes; think about it.

- So what if you're a millionaire. You didn't mention that you've become a better Christian; no, it's all about the money; Mammon is your god; David is his tool.; you prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

- Nimshi is yet alive. Your thoughts of death on Nimshi's behalf expose you as a reeealll Christian!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Pain(m): 9:04am On Dec 27, 2011
Whether the over zealous bigots like it or not this incident will live with their GO for the rest of his life. The GO deeply realizes this that is why he took time out from the sunday orchestra to reminisce on his faux pas. The bigots can keep living in self denial.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 9:08am On Dec 27, 2011
chinnyonwu:

This slap-givin,  Wasn't it 2 years ago?? Why isit gathering much dust now?

Oh, really? 2 years ago, so doesn't matter?

Suppose a two-year video of David shows up with him fingering a female church member bearing no resemblance to his wife - witch or not - would it still matter?

Now, why would your sense of morality excuse the public slap and not a private fingering event?

Or, would it not matter anyway?

Use your God-given brains; or, even less challenging: pick your bible, poay attention and read well.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2011
Gadols:

The curse stays except if God is not on His throne.
Nimshi is cursed and shall remain so. I mean it.
I will print his post and take it to the altar next sunday
and lets see if he will escape.
Nimshi will never know peace

Ok, take it to the altar. And let all the suited bodies there do whatever they wish.

You believe in incantations offered to your tribal god; do it; let's see him do it's worst.

Now think: suppose your god kills Nimshi; would that then mean you've won the argument?

You're a thug posing as a Christian, a violent human worse than sucide bombers: you hide your true coours by picking a bible, chanting at a church, offering some of your money, and smiling, hoping everything will be okay. But inside - like Jesus correctly noted - you're a whitewashed grave. You need some help to be human. You don't even have to be a Christain to be human.

Jesus will be very ashamed of you.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 9:23am On Dec 27, 2011
gbemi-james:
@poster,i wish Bishop Oyedepo had the time to even read your posts and all other haters',but he doeant, always busy with his assignment, and in his words,"only fools doubt proofs", That man owes nobody an apology for his success,he worked his way to it,
The only pity i have for you is that its not Dangote,Otedola or GEJ Ʊ're ranting against, a man of God, 4 crying out loud, @ ųя own peril!!!

- 'Only fools doubt proofs'; this is interesting. Why is David attempting to rewrite the bible? And, isn't this a pedestrian thing to say? What proofs?

- Sorry, but Dangote and Otedola, I recall pay taxes. Does David pay taxes? How many scholarships has David awarded to indigents in his church? Why can most of his church members not afford to school their children at his universities? You're not thinking.

- God is not a mafia enforcer; he's not a common thug; stop insulting him by making him into one.

- David is human; until he apologises to the 'witch' in public, he's worth less than human; until he reverses his slap-boast in public, he deserves no respect; and until he pays appropriate compensation to the abused girl, he's unworthy of being called a Christian; which of these is too difficult for you to understand??
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by esebangoe(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2011
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah maybe he they fear bomb blast hahahahahahah
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Daffydoc: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2011
Am not backing d OP , not all. But I just don't like d idea of talking someone down for talking about things dat are all 'unimportant' to Nigeria. Dis is a place whr pple come to share with others things dat r of 'concern' to them. If u don't like his thread, just read,ignore and move on. Cos frankly if all we talk about are d myriads of problems we hv in Nigeria: bombings,corruption et al, we might all die an early death!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Gadols(f): 12:43pm On Dec 27, 2011
I say no more. I have read some very objective reaction to this post.

I therefore will say nothing about this anymore. Nimshi feels dignified by

my reactions and i choose to be quite from now on.

I think there are better things to do and think about.

Wishing you all a glorious 2012.

Jesus Is Lord
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by dekung(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2011
Quote from: Gadols on Yesterday at 11:04:02 PM
Be careful of what you say. This is not a joke. I meant every word i have said on Nimshi. He will see the devastation of the wicked in his belly. The wicked shall perish and to him that has touched the annoited of God, he shall recieve his due reward. Except God is not God and Bishop David is not called of God, then can i be making an empty noise. But if Bishop David is ordained of God, Nimshi you have a destiny with the wicked and you will not escape. I curse the works of your hands for all you said about David oyedepo. You have an escape route: Go to Faith Tabernacle and confess and then will you be free. I mean it.
@Gadols,
I thought David Oyedepo cursed Boko Haram on the same alter you are bragging about some weeks ago? But can you see the effect of the curse? Those poeple are getting stronger and a lot more violent and precise on their target. Why are you so bothered about what one human being like Nimshi posts on a forum like this to the extent of you issuing heavy curses and still promising to take his name to your alter to impose more curses on him while scores of people were killed by the same people your self acclaimed Bishop cursed? You are more concerned about a man an ordinary man who has stupendously enriched himself from whatever means and are ready to defend him with your life and not bother about innocent souls? If that little girl that was slapped was you only daughter would you still singing this tune? You may sit down there and say Boko Haram is a political issue that has nothing to do with religious sentiment but then are human lives involved? Does it matter on what premise crime is commited? I wonder why the definition of wrong doing in this country has seriously shifted over the years. If our dear president or any of the honourable ministers were the one filmed to have slapped a hapless lady in public the whole country would have gone up in flames but when it is a man of God the definition shifts and the arguments take up a spiritual dimension. You all sing the mantra "touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm", While conveniently forgetting that that statement reffered to everyone that is identified with God (The whole generation of Isrealites and by extension all of us). So are you saying you are not annointed. Your bishop is not different from any of us here and let me also add that your curses are nothing more than the noise you made when you issued them. Shouldn't you be praying that things get better? Shouldn't you be praying that the economy of this nation improves. If you go by likes: Oyedepo cursed Boko Haram on his alter and there is a marked improvement in their operations, if you curse Nimshi don't you think there might be marked improvement in his life too?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bid4rich(m): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2011
@Poster: I just pray you will not end up like Miriam in the Bible, complete leprosy, white as snow. What a hell is your problem! or you think everybody will support your unwarranted babbler? If that's what you are up to, you are wrong. The man of God is on his job, face your own.Let me guess, you are one of the jobless Nigerian. I think im right because if you have job, you will not be always against men of God. Rubbish!!! Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeewww!!!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bid4rich(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2011
@dekung: I guess you should examine your comments and examine yourself too. We are not equal neither can you equate yourself to somebody that has gone faaaaaaar ahead of you in everything. If Oyedepo slap a witch, what is your problem in that, did he slap you, is he your daughter that he slap? even if he does, did you ever find out the cause or reason(s) that led to the slap or you are merely acting on dem say, i hear say. I think before any comment, try and find out the root of the matter before throwing stones. You are faaaar away from the truth. Take the assignment, and find out the proper diagnosis before you can make a prescription.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 2:51pm On Dec 27, 2011
bid4rich:

@Poster: I just pray you will not end up like Miriam in the Bible, complete leprosy, white as snow. What a hell is your problem! or you think everybody will support your unwarranted babbler? If that's what you are up to, you are wrong. The man of God is on his job, face your own.Let me guess, you are one of the jobless Nigerian. I think im right because if you have job, you will not be always against men of God. Rubbish!!! Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeewww!!!

You're a sloppy bible reader. Did Mariam end up with complete leprosy?

In any case, David the Winner bishop isn't Moses.

You're correct he was at his job when he executed the abuse: he was messi.ng up his work He deserves what he's getting.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 2:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gadols:

I say no more. I have read some very objective reaction to this post.

I therefore will say nothing about this anymore. Nimshi feels dignified by

my reactions and i choose to be quite from now on.

I think there are better things to do and think about.

Wishing you all a glorious 2012.

Jesus Is Lord

Happy now, l.unatic Gadols? Your tin god is yet to apologise for his very public abuse; your chantings and boasts to kill me and turn me to instant ashes have yet to be realised. Dignified by your reaction? You're a deluded i-d-i-o-t; you're more than halfway to wormdoom, and your exertions on behalf of David the white suit and shoes arrogant bully

David "Do you know who you're talking to"? slapsbishop.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by vbs: 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
[size=18pt]sorry mate
but[/size]
[size=25pt]HE IS IN HIS HOME TOWN[/size]
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by dekung(m): 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2011
Quote from: bid4rich on Today at 01:32:48 PM
@dekung: I guess you should examine your comments and examine yourself too. We are not equal neither can you equate yourself to somebody that has gone faaaaaaar ahead of you in everything. If Oyedepo slap a witch, what is your problem in that, did he slap you, is he your daughter that he slap? even if he does, did you ever find out the cause or reason(s) that led to the slap or you are merely acting on dem say, i hear say. I think before any comment, try and find out the root of the matter before throwing stones. You are faaaar away from the truth. Take the assignment, and find out the proper diagnosis before you can make a prescription
Am sorry to dissapoint you all that I am not afraid of Oyedepo or any pastor for that matter. I feel the same way I would feel if the victim were to be my sister or daughter, but unfortunately I cannot react the same way I would have. If the man had slapped my daughter, we definitely would be in court now dealing with a case of public assualt. I saw the video and nothing in this world waranted that public assault. Oyedepo is richer than me but does material success equal to acceptance by God? Does having scores of followers mean you are on the right path? Adolf Hitler had more followers than Oyedepo can dream of but was it for a good course? Please what is wrong is wrong. The definition of wrongful should not be subjective and predicated on the actors but on the actions. If GEJ slapped someone in public for a state offence would you not be carrying placards by now shouting GEJ must go. Was this slap not extra judicial? So what's the difference between what he did and what the police are doing? Someone says am a witch for Jesus and he slapped her. A pastor in Lagos has said that if witches feel proud because they drink blood, then we are witches too because we drink the blood of Jesus (Communion), and since the bible says we soar above principalities and powers then that means we can fly too (My words). Then why would you brutalise someone for saying am a witch for Jesus. Jesus did not beat people up for being demonised, rather he showed them love but rebuked the spirits within them. If Odulele were to be in Nigeria, am sure he will still be walking free despite huge evidence that shows that he was guilty as charged and we will be saying do not judge, for judgement is of the Lord. We will also be single the mantra, touch not my annointed, If we are not to touch the annointed, how come all the apostles died a violent death and nothing happened to their killers. My dear let us wake up from our delusion, this man should be brought to book for assault. chikena!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tpia5: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2011
^^your thinking is quite messed up.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by dekung(m): 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2011
How??
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bid4rich(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2011
@
dekung:

Quote from: bid4rich on Today at 01:32:48 PMAm sorry to dissapoint you all that I am not afraid of Oyedepo or any pastor for that matter. I feel the same way I would feel if the victim were to be my sister or daughter, but unfortunately I cannot react the same way I would have. If the man had slapped my daughter, we definitely would be in court now dealing with a case of public assualt. I saw the video and nothing in this world waranted that public assault. Oyedepo is richer than me but does material success equal to acceptance by God? Does having scores of followers mean you are on the right path? Adolf Hitler had more followers than Oyedepo can dream of but was it for a good course? Please what is wrong is wrong. The definition of wrongful should not be subjective and predicated on the actors but on the actions. If GEJ slapped someone in public for a state offence would you not be carrying placards by now shouting GEJ must go. Was this slap not extra judicial? So what's the difference between what he did and what the police are doing? Someone says am a witch for Jesus and he slapped her. A pastor in Lagos has said that if witches feel proud because they drink blood, then we are witches too because we drink the blood of Jesus (Communion), and since the bible says we soar above principalities and powers then that means we can fly too (My words). Then why would you brutalise someone for saying am a witch for Jesus. Jesus did not beat people up for being demonised, rather he showed them love but rebuked the spirits within them. If Odulele were to be in Nigeria, am sure he will still be walking free despite huge evidence that shows that he was guilty as charged and we will be saying do not judge, for judgement is of the Lord. We will also be single the mantra, touch not my annointed, If we are not to touch the annointed, how come all the apostles died a violent death and nothing happened to their killers. My dear let us wake up from our delusion, this man should be brought to book for assault. chikena!

We are still saying the same thing. You can do anything you feel like doing if it were your daughter. But unfortunately she's not. Why cant you let the parent of the girl take up the matter or you want to help them? Besides, the issue is a year plus and nobody is saying anything about it not even the parent of the girl in question, why all these your aggressive quote Mr. Dekung?

Concerning the apostles, of a truth they all died miserably but they were forewarned by Christ that they will. What would you say of Peter's ministry concerning Ananias and Saphira? Im very sure you have a negative thought about that one too. Well, I think you will do well by moving the motion, taking the matter to court and you will be surprised how you will walk alone.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nimshi: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
bid4rich:

We are still saying the same thing. You can do anything you feel like doing if it were your daughter. But unfortunately she's not.
Why cant you let the parent of the girl take up the matter or you want to help them?
Besides, the issue is a year plus and nobody is saying anything about it not even the parent of the girl in question, why all these your aggressive quote Mr. Dekung?

1) No, it's not only the responsibility of the girl or her parents or relatives to further her case; making that assertion betrays a lack of knowledge of the workings of public justice.

2) No, because it's been a year or two does not matter; first, it's unlikely a statute of limitations could be imposed. Second: how would it be were this a 2-yar video showing Mr. Oyedepo fingering a female church member distintly different from his wife? Would you be encouraging forgeting it because it's two years old? Is this public slap and subsequent boast any less than what's just been described, or worse?

Mr. Oyedepo has a few things to do:
- apologise publicly to the girl
- compensate the girl handsomely

If he can't do these, he's failed the test of being human and is no different from a common thug,.

Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by mamalola19: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
dekung:

How??

Well said. You don't need to be accountable to anyone. We are all human beings with the freedom to expression. Oyedepo had that same freedom of expression that is why he slapped the girl so we talking about it doesn't make us worse. Its a free world we live in, a democratic one at that even Christianity doesn't put our mouth or hands in captivity. We have a right to question & challenge things just like we read the bible and ask God for guide and the right interpretation. If Jesus was so humble to be on earth and die for our sins even after he was denied by one of his disciple then why should we fear Oyedepo or worship him?
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tpia5: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nimshi:

If he can't do these, he's failed the test of being human and is no different from a common thug,.

that is your own problem.

outsider weeping louder than the bereaved.

why not face whatever you call your life and let others face theirs.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tpia5: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2011
dekung:

How??

because you, and your post, display a high level of ignorance.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bid4rich(m): 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nimshi:

You're a sloppy bible reader. Did Mariam end up with complete leprosy?

In any case, David the Winner bishop isn't Moses.

You're correct he was at his job when he executed the abuse: he was messi.ng up his work He deserves what he's getting.

Thank you Nimshi, Im a slow reader and I think I understand every bit of news I have access to and I quiet understand where you are coming from. For your information, go and read your bible very well, She ended up COMPLETE WHITE except you have torn that portion of the sentence out from your bible. If you say he's messing up the job, thats ok as we are all not perfect but he's still getting results. Hear this; If you expect perfection from people, your whole life will be a series of disappointments. Please dont work contrary to nature, it will always create a doubtful future and if you insists on following the crowd you will be surprised that you will not be followed by the crowd.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bid4rich(m): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2011
Nimshi:

1) No, it's not only the responsibility of the girl or her parents or relatives to further her case; making that assertion betrays a lack of knowledge of the workings of public justice.

2) No, because it's been a year or two does not matter; first, it's unlikely a statute of limitations could be imposed. Second: how would it be were this a 2-yar video showing Mr. Oyedepo manipulation a female church member distintly different from his wife? Would you be encouraging forgeting it because it's two years old? Is this public slap and subsequent boast any less than what's just been described, or worse?

Mr. Oyedepo has a few things to do:
- apologise publicly to the girl
- compensate the girl handsomely

And I think thats why we have internet and he (Oyedepo) has website too. He might not know that what he did was wrong. You can still use this same medium to write on his page that "he should apologize publicly to the girl" and I think that will end the argument.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tpia5: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2011
it's so annoying seeing these s.tupid headlines everytime one has logged on for the past few days?

can the m.orons go get a life!!!!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bid4rich(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2011
tpia@:

it's so annoying seeing these s.tupid headlines everytime one has logged on for the past few days?

can the m.orons go get a life!!!!

I beg tell them oooo may be they will listen to you.

What I just came to realise is that "the eyes of men are too sharp to see people's failure than their successes.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Toronto123: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2011
bid4rich:

I beg tell them oooo may be they will listen to you.

What I just came to realise is that "the eyes of men are too sharp to see people's failure than their successes.
To all you religious bullies and Zombies. This trend is here to stay because unlike you guys, someone of us know the difference between right and wrong.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by jerriekays(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
A idile hand is d devil workshop@nimishe find work 2 do.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by obongtunji: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2011
Some people die a miserable death without knowing the cause. How i wish some can come back to life and tell people what they have done wrong, poster you wouldn't have posted this. GOD is waiting for you to reapent, but if you did not,
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tavon(m): 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
fucking idiots. na only sinner dey die. why dont you ask bimbo odukoya. oh wait shes dead. fools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Prays For Couples: Other Women Will Smell Like Excreta To Your Husband / Mountain Of Fire Bans Members And Visitors From Indecent Dressing / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.