Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. - Politics (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. (59243 Views)

Zara John: "I Miss My Boko Haram Husband Who Impregnated Me" / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / My Boko Haram Saga, By Negotiator Stephen Davis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by chino11(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

@ freecocoa lmao! Ha na muta ife obere, obere . O ma uter-lee, anyi ga na pia-fa ha wa-ere na muta ife. Umu ndi ara. Obulo obere ife ka nmadu na fu na eba.  grin 

@ Idowuogbo nice to see u too. How are u by the way?   

Ha fu go nke solu the Reverend Father  grin grin

freecocoa:

@Bliss nwanne'm obu ife mere eme ka ikwu ru,dalu soh.

Nwanne mu kedu ka ime? Next time they know better  grin grin grin grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2011
I see you people won start again.

I hope the fake and dishonest clowns are keeping tabs and timeline of who is starting first.

This thread is till about To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba.

Not ibo people.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Idowuogbo(f): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
^Madam ayam fine for now, u wan make we test our skills again (jus teasin).Bck to the main topic, do you agree with some parts of the post or do u hold your reservations.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

I hope the fake and dishonest clowns are keeping tabs and timeline of who is starting first.

This thread is till about To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba.

Not ibo people.

Eku ile sharap, we know. angry grin
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by vanitty: 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2011
Sincerely hope in the "real world", people don't have this warped sense of thinking. Olorun lo ma gba wa sha.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by OneNaira6: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

Not ibo people.

Ah. They are just reflecting on what occurred in this thread for the past days and joking about it. You are becoming paranoid o! Just ask for a translation rather than jumping into a conclusion.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
One_Naira:

Ah. They are just reflecting on what occurred in this thread for the past days and joking about it. You are becoming paranoid o! Just ask for a translation rather than jumping into a conclusion.

I know you have selective brains and sense of attention, but the quote below obviously has nothing to do with what you are talking about and your silly paranoia nonsense. You only see what other people post, but never what your people post. It's still called dishonesty.

igbo boy:

frecocoa and her cohorts that are rolling peace here biko do it on your own o, no dey put igbo boy for the matter( I call una when i dey write my own? so no call me when una dey do your own?)

Back to my ofe manu tinz
olodowa descendant ranting like a LovePeddler, igbo dey kidnap Yes
small boy that thing u dey write inside NL go make your mama cry when we kidnap u and your sister, take una go east and have a feast, anuofia

too much oil is not good for an olodowa evidently, #agberopeople
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by OneNaira6: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

I know you have selective brains and sense of attention, but the quote below obviously has nothing to do with what you are talking about and your silly paranoia nonsense. You only see what other people post, but never what your people post. It's still called dishonesty.

I read it and I read what he replied to.  You calling an insult a FACT and pretending it is not an insult and he's insulting you back.  Shikena!!! Sometimes I wonder do you even put yourself in other people perspective to try to attest how your comments are viewed outside of your bigotry.  His first post prior to the one you quoted was an insult on the other hand.

I do not feel like you going back and forth with you on this again, all you are going to do is deny it anyway.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by chino11(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2011
^

Why are bothering yourself explaining to that clownish being. Rapu okwu biko, if they want more e-war we will not hesitate in giving them back. What is all this nonsense from non-entities?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
One_Naira:

I read it and I read what he replied to.  You calling an insult a FACT and pretending it is not an insult and he's insulting you back.  Shikena!!! Sometimes I wonder do you even put yourself in other people perspective to try to attest how your comments are viewed outside of your no offense bigotry.  His first post prior to the one you quoted was an insult on the other hand.

I do not feel like you going back and forth with you on this again, all you are going to do is deny it anyway.

Instead of all that rubbish, why not juts go ahead and say what I said wasn't facts? Also how that = Insult. Be a man and say just that.

And if you people want to go at it again, I'm game. Bring it on.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by webstar(m): 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2011
This Thread just shows how divided Nigerians are, even some people who never knew what transpired to what has been blabbing, I believe its because we all have computers and internet.

My people, lets face reality, if we can`t stay together, lets stop deceiving ourselves, alot has happened, we have all it takes to be great but all these tribal whatever is not helping us. I hear you guys blabbing about the war you know nothing about. Gowon led the Nigerian soldiers against the so called Rebels (Biafra), it was never your so called Adekunle or what, and now it is clear that Gowon is an Igbo man from Abakiliki, born to an Igbo soldier who got the mother pregnant and abandoned him, but this is not the ultimate issue now. The issue is that people are dying in masses, Boko Haram is Bokoring people, with a THEME playing against Western Education which simply implies AGAINST CHRISTIANITY. Christianity brought Western Education to Nigeria.

From my own point of view of the whole thing, our major problem in this country is just ethnicity and Religion, that has been the main cause of nepotism and red-tapism that has been happening in most of our government parastatals. We the young people of this country has been misled into adoring fake heroes. Most of the riots, wars that we have experienced, where has it led us to, before Ojukwu died, he was paid all his due pensions and gratuities, I also think he was promoted up to the rank of a general. WHY SHOULD THAT BE ? You see all this old men do not deserve any recognition, they have failed, they do one thing or another just for some personal and selfish interests. Compare them with the likes of Mandela, and other great men who have made worthy sacrifices for their respective countries.

Irrespective of what Boko Haram says or do, to me, it is just another political masterstroke coming from one of those criminals to hinder some political opponents but with time we would find out.

In summary, my people, if possible, lets forget about those past failures and think of how to face our problems and help this country, cos my people, we are sinking, some big feet below sea level,
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by OneNaira6: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

Instead of all that rubbish, why not juts go ahead and say what I said wasn't facts? Also how that = Insult. Be a man and say just that.

How many people have to say something before you get it.  It is not Fact but an insult and such insult or supposedly in your opinion "fact" occurs in SW as well thus your assertion reflect SW also hence irrelevant to the article or thread.

SMH. It's like you are a child.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by VoodooDoll(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2011
Families in the South West are tolerant when it comes to religion.

A man can be Christian but marry a Moslem woman. A Moslem man can marry a Christian woman.

A son or daughter may have a different religion to his or her parent.

All the above will occur without animosity, even if opinions differ.

A Moslem man may even help his family build a small church and vice versa.

I have heard that families in the North are not so tolerant.

Nigerians need to be more tolerant of each other and I think that's what the article was focusing on.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2011
One_Naira:

How many people have to say something before you get it.  It is not Fact but an insult and such insult or supposedly in your opinion "fact" occurs in SW as well thus your assertion reflect SW also hence irrelevant to the article or thread.

SMH. It's like you are a child.

No, you are still logged in your tribal mode, you are so dishonest that you are not even willing to accept the fact what the rest of the world know as facts is real facts and from your view it's an insult.

So all the news stations and news papers reporting all the kidnapping stories were all insults and insulting ibo people?

How do you even fight  or eliminate the menace called kidnapping when the people afflicted don't see it as anything but an insult to admit that their own people are the unfortunate recipient of kidnapping.

We both know your problem is tribal loyalty so stop the silly and dishonest charade.

Or you just mean the people that are killing your people and kidnapping your school kids are not insulting you, it's the news and the messengers doing the insulting?

Your sense of reasoning suxs, you are even worse than a day old baby.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by freecocoa(f): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2011
@Chino11,onye nke'm I dey o,biko rapu zie onye nsogbu ahu,good to see you.

@One_Naira,ezigbo nwanne'm ji eje mba,biko free the matter,take care bro.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by russellino: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
webstar:

This Thread just shows how divided Nigerians are, even some people who never knew what transpired to what has been blabbing, I believe its because we all have computers and internet.

My people, lets face reality, if we can`t stay together, lets stop deceiving ourselves, alot has happened, we have all it takes to be great but all these tribal whatever is not helping us. I hear you guys blabbing about the war you know nothing about. Gowon led the Nigerian soldiers against the so called Rebels (Biafra), it was never your so called Adekunle or what, and now it is clear that Gowon is an Igbo man from Abakiliki, born to an Igbo soldier who got the mother pregnant and abandoned him, but this is not the ultimate issue now. The issue is that people are dying in masses, Boko Haram is Bokoring people, with a THEME playing against Western Education which simply implies AGAINST CHRISTIANITY. Christianity brought Western Education to Nigeria.

From my own point of view of the whole thing, our major problem in this country is just ethnicity and Religion, that has been the main cause of nepotism and red-tapism that has been happening in most of our government parastatals. We the young people of this country has been misled into adoring fake heroes. Most of the riots, wars that we have experienced, where has it led us to, before Ojukwu died, he was paid all his due pensions and gratuities, I also think he was promoted up to the rank of a general. WHY SHOULD THAT BE ? You see all this old men do not deserve any recognition, they have failed, they do one thing or another just for some personal and selfish interests. Compare them with the likes of Mandela, and other great men who have made worthy sacrifices for their respective countries.

Irrespective of what Boko Haram says or do, to me, it is just another political masterstroke coming from one of those criminals to hinder some political opponents but with time we would find out.

In summary, my people, if possible, lets forget about those past failures and think of how to face our problems and help this country, cos my people, we are sinking, some big feet below sea level,

@bolded - Dude are u friggin serious or just taking a piss. Thats one i never heard before.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by frankdeen: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
inspite of your claim to have christianity dominance in your zone,yoruba still have the best of the christian leaders in the country
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by OneNaira6: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

No, you are still logged in your tribal mode, you are so dishonest that you are not even willing to accept the fact what the rest of the world know as facts is real facts and from your view it's an insult.

SMH, unlike you dude I read articles about others beside my own.  I'm going to let you wallow in your ignorance to believe your bigotry is now a world bigotry.

So all the news stations and news papers reporting all the kidnapping stories were all insults and insulting ibo people?

There are tons articles of kidnapping occurring in Lagos and other SW regions.  I wonder if you bigotry blinds you sometimes.  SW is not immune to the Kidnapping occurrence happening in Nigeria as we speak and there are tons of articles to prove such.  That was and still is my point.

How do you even fight  or eliminate the menace called kidnapping when the people afflicted don't see it as anything but an insult to admit that their own people are the unfortunate recipient of kidnapping.

SMH. There are kidnapping in East and no Igbo or any other tribe would deny that but I find your post comical to say the least. Your backward has the exact thing you accuse others of but you are more concern of other people backward.  Of all the kidnapping that happened in Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, etc that I've read about what have you guys done to fix it?

We both know your problem is tribal loyalty so stop the silly and dishonest charade.

I am loyal to Igbo no doubt about that.  My problem is I don't sugarcoat anything when concerning this Nigeria.  I see the mess on all side because I've seen article supporting the mess on all side. I don't pretend one thing happening at one side isn't happening in other area especially when there articles disproving such.  The only crime I can say that isn't widespread all over Nigeria is religious killing.

Or you just mean the people that are killing your people and kidnapping your school kids are not insulting you, it's the news and the messengers doing the insulting?

Seriously dude what is wrong with you?  Has your tribalism eating your entire brain or what? You have not read articles of the same occurrence in SW before.  Dude, do a google search sometime. See your backward

My sense of reasoning suxs, I are even worse than a day old baby.

Fixed and you got that right, your sense of reasoning sucks.  You are too blinded with your hatred to actually notice what is happening in your backyard.  SMH[quote][/quote]
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by OneNaira6: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2011
freecocoa:

@Chino11,onye nke'm I dey o,biko rapu zie onye nsogbu ahu,good to see you.

@One_Naira,ezigbo nwanne'm ji eje mba,biko free the matter,take care bro.

Nwanne I'm done, my reply before this one will be my last. The guy is too dense and too blinded to notice what's at his house unless it pertains the Igbo in bad light. I pity the fool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by realkendy(f): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2011
WHERE ARE THEY?I NEED MY OWN SEVEN MEN TO FACE,VOLUNTEERS PLEASE.LOL.After going through serious research,i now realised that the poster brought in that post in the name of tribalism.Of all the write-up in the whole wide world ,this is the only advice you have for boko haram,This is your only contribution to the haram menance,a comment by an IGBO,Then the almighty tribalist UNCLE Dayo started his already known tribal signature statement.Everyone is complaining as if this is the first.Go thru all the posts on Ojukwu n see what the MAIN tirbalists in this thread have posted.People who just lost a loved one n some dark souls still went their to mock them.This is stupidity n i couldnt believe they are above 13.The stupidity is simply amazing.As for the igbos here pls its okay,i realised the anger stems from the insults on ojukwu's thread especially the mourning aspect but pls sheath ur swords.Everyone knows that the yorubas(excluding the noble ones)threw the first stone TRIBALISM in this thread n d politics section as a whole.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2011
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2011
@ Onekobo

Must you bore me with the same dum.b and dishonest rubbish.

Please stop the stupidity, this is about your sad and sorry pattern of dishonesty in this thread. Tribalism sits on your eyes like a huge concrete.

How many times have you quoted me with your deceptive and selective nonsense when the thread is full of your people rampaging all over the place?

I really can not stand despicable liars and dishonest people like you, you lack credibility and you really need to shut your mouth.

Lying scum bag
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by ak47mann(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
One_Naira:

Nwanne I'm done, my reply before this one will be my last. The guy is too dense and too blinded to notice what's at his house unless it pertains the Igbo in bad light. I pity the fool
those people are so stupid that they think that people dont read news cheesy closed banks in ogun state and kidnapping and ritualism/inceest in S/W is not meant to happen in yaribaland abi?i feel sorry for them cos they like to live on fantasies cool
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by EkoIle1: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2011

Religious Intolerance: Lessons from Yoruba ‘Paganism’

Because Oro and other Yoruba forms of spiritual expression spring from an ethos of life and democratic spiritualism that admits of pluralism, otherness, and difference, they were crucial to the survival of Yoruba people in the New World who, unlike their fundamentalist Christian and Moslem cousins in Nigeria, understood right from the bowel of the slave ship that they could not afford to forget the self. They got to Brazil, in Bahia de Salvador, and the white slave master insisted they forgot themselves by converting to Catholicism. The same thing happened in Cuba. But the slave master did not reckon with the accomodationist and adaptive essence of the religion of these Yoruba slaves. The slaves took whatever they could from Catholicism, blended such with Yoruba religion, and gave the world the religions of Candomblé in Brazil and Santéria in Cuba. By simultaneously enacting Catholic and Yoruba rituals in Candomblé and Santéria, the Yoruba of the New World are screaming esin kan o pe k’awa ma s’oro! In Candomblé and Santéria, the Virgin Mary lives in peace with her neighbor, Yemoja; Ogun does not grumble about the goings and comings of Saint Peter; Jesus Christ does not label Obatala a pagan deity. Candomblé and Santéria are inscriptions of the old self into new things. For old things hath passeth away…

Harmony. Harmony. Harmony. Do the Christian and Moslem fundamentalists of the old Yoruba land in Nigeria know how to listen to these things from their “pagan” cousins in the Americas? Sadly, the Yoruba who know the meaning of Hubert Ogunde’s warning, “Yoruba Ronu”, are few in Nigeria. They are mostly in Brazil, Cuba, and Barbados. As long as Nigeria is peopled mainly by selves alienated from the accomodationist and pluralistic humanism of their own cultures; as long as these lost selves refuse to listen to what their cultures have to say about the validity of the multiple roads leading to the market of spirituality, Nigeria will never know peace. I have encountered that pious Hausa Moslem who knows nothing about what his pre-Jihad Habe culture had to say about pluralism and tolerance before Othman Dan Fodio arrived on the scene and decided to rid those cultures of pluralistic and accomodationist values which he demonized as mixing Islam with impurities. This Hausa Moslem even got angry that I asked him about pre-Jihad Habe culture, something he considers haram. For old things hath passeth away…

Recovery of the self implies an unconditional acceptance of the fact that everything you need for the accomodationist efflorescence of your humanity is logged in your culture and whatever version of Christianity or Islam you embrace must accept and respect those values, not condemn them. The humanism and pluralism which our forebears valued and celebrated are not mutually exclusive with Christianity and Islam. Esin kan o pe k’awa ma s’oro espouses an ancestral dictum of tolerance that Nigerian Moslems and Christians need to learn from. Will they ever be sufficiently humble to admit that they have anything to learn from spiritualities that the most obdurately ignorant among them still label paganism? For old things hath passeth away!

http://saharareporters.com/column/religious-intolerance-lessons-yoruba-%E2%80%98paganism%E2%80%99
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by chino11(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2011
ak47mann:

those people are so silly that they think that people dont read news  cheesy closed banks in ogun state and kidnapping and ritualism/inceest in S/W is not meant to happen in yaribaland abi?i feel sorry for them cos they like to live on fantasies cool

Nwanne kedu ka imere, please don't mind these monstrous vagabonds who knows next to nothing in the real world. Banks in the entire (ooos') oyo, ondo and ogon states were shut down for weeks and months due to high level of insecurity ever to be witnessed by any region of the federation and yet they are so illusion-ed to see the damage being done to their filthy, Inbreeding infested woeful region
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by BlackBaron: 3:18am On Dec 30, 2011
shocked shocked

I predicted this madness was to be continued. . . cry

I wasn't wrong tongue
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by NegroNtns(m): 4:54am On Dec 30, 2011
To the Ibos here. . .

You have been told repeatedly by numerous people to cease. . . but you continue to congratulate and pat one another's back for standing up to the flogging. You are exhibiting precisely the schizo that your kinsman said you are trapped in. You refuse to vacate where you are abused.

Everyone else has moved on, . . . you too move on! There is no more flogging here. There are other posts currently flogging ibos. . .go in there and have fun.

I beg my Yoruba brothers and sisters, please read the referenced post by Eko Ile, that says it all.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by gists: 7:02am On Dec 30, 2011
Some comments here are somehow insulting to us the Yoruba muslims. Or should I say some comments here are not quite well thought out. Can I ask since when has the northern muslims been the yardstick to measure a true muslim? Must any muslim in the world meet the standard of to the northern muslims? In other words the Cameroonian, Ghanaian, South African, Brithish, Serbian muslims must all be fake muslims because they don't measure up to the northern nigerian standard. They all should also hide their heads in shame simply because the same perfect northern muslims don't consider them as true muslim. Personally, the opinion of the northern muslim about yourba is inconsiquential because they (the northern muslims) are not the model. But then you can't say all muslim from northern origin are violent can you?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by stillme(m): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2011
See foolishness in display. There are too many educated illiterate on this thread. Nigeria is so blessed even with fools who fight one another over nothing.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Krosslife(m): 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2011
Please, you people should stop all these sentimental contributions.
Well, the writer has made the point and it’s the fact. It is no gainsaying that there is religious balance in the SW of Nigeria called Yoruba nation. That is why there is religious tolerance in the area. In every Yoruba family of the SW Nigeria, you’ll always find Muslims and Christians living together harmoniously as members of the same family. For example, in my family; my Grandpa is a Christian, Grandma is Christian (Orthodox), my father himself is a Muslim (Alhaji), my mum is a Christian and I am a Christian. Two of my sisters are Christians while the other two are Muslima. Most of my uncles and aunties in my father’s family are Deeper Christians while those of my mother’s family are devoted Muslims.  And we have other members who are neither Muslims nor Christians.
However, when we gather together as ONE BIG family for any occasion, party, events or family meeting, you’ll always see us chatting, talking, conversing, gisting and discussing about various issues in Nigeria, from politics to economy, from education to tradition, it could even be religion and culture, I always marvel at the way we get along with one another as if we were all of the same religious beliefs.
I remember, my father will always urge me to hurry up to church on Sundays and also on Fridays I will ask my father if he would not go to Jumat service or whether  he has completed his 5 daily salat. Obviously, this is the trend in almost all the families of the Yoruba people.
Frankly speaking, the Yorubas are really advanced in their thinking of building fully civilized liberal progressive societies that are devoid of religious and ethnic bigotry. And this is evident in what we are witnessing today in every parts of SW Nigeria and keenly responsible for the diverse ethnic population in Lagos Nigeria which is a Yoruba state.
Therefore, like the author has rightly said, the other parts of Nigeria especially the North should borrow a leaf from the Yoruba people of SW Nigeria. The North should learn from the Yorubas of the SW, how to live in peaceful co-existence, cherish life and accommodate fellow Nigerians in their states irrespective of religious, ethnic, educational, social, political or family backgrounds for us to have a united and developed Nigeria. Aha! They should just stop this incessant and indiscriminate killing of innocent Nigerians. Or how can Nigerian citizens anywhere in the country continue to live in trepidation of religious fanatics and bigots?
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2011
Krosslife:

Please, you people should stop all these sentimental contributions.
Well, the writer has made the point and it’s the fact. It is no gainsaying that there is religious balance in the SW of Nigeria called Yoruba nation. That is why there is religious tolerance in the area. In every Yoruba family of the SW Nigeria, you’ll always find Muslims and Christians living together harmoniously as members of the same family. For example, in my family; my Grandpa is a Christian, Grandma is Christian (Orthodox), my father himself is a Muslim (Alhaji), my mum is a Christian and I am a Christian. Two of my sisters are Christians while the other two are Muslima. Most of my uncles and aunties in my father’s family are Deeper Christians while those of my mother’s family are devoted Muslims.  And we have other members who are neither Muslims nor Christians.
However, when we gather together as ONE BIG family for any occasion, party, events or family meeting, you’ll always see us chatting, talking, conversing, gisting and discussing about various issues in Nigeria, from politics to economy, from education to tradition, it could even be religion and culture, I always marvel at the way we get along with one another as if we were all of the same religious beliefs.
I remember, my father will always urge me to hurry up to church on Sundays and also on Fridays I will ask my father if he would not go to Jumat service or whether  he has completed his 5 daily salat. Obviously, this is the trend in almost all the families of the Yoruba people.
Frankly speaking, the Yorubas are really advanced in their thinking of building fully civilized liberal progressive societies that are devoid of religious and ethnic bigotry. And this is evident in what we are witnessing today in every parts of SW Nigeria and keenly responsible for the diverse ethnic population in Lagos Nigeria which is a Yoruba state.
Therefore, like the author has rightly said, the other parts of Nigeria especially the North should borrow a leaf from the Yoruba people of SW Nigeria. The North should learn from the Yorubas of the SW, how to live in peaceful co-existence, cherish life and accommodate fellow Nigerians in their states irrespective of religious, ethnic, educational, social, political or family backgrounds for us to have a united and developed Nigeria. Aha! They should just stop this incessant and indiscriminate killing of innocent Nigerians. Or how can Nigerian citizens anywhere in the country continue to live in trepidation of religious fanatics and bigots?

You have raised one of the best points on this thread. But do you think there would have been tolerance if one religion was a clear majority in Yorubaland like it is in the north.
Re: To My Boko Haram And Northern Brothers, Let Us Learn From The Yoruba. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2011
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Sirika To Tinubu: President-elect Bola Tinubu, Write Your Acceptance Speech Now / Obi Flag Boy Now Rides A Bicycle After Oshodi Attack (Photos And Video). / Hamman Tukur Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.