Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (236174 Views)

Top Rated Musicians Of Igbo Nigerian Descent / Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Women And Handsome Men? / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:12am On Jan 17, 2012
yea those people are mixed with khoi-san.
and you can tell.
ex nelson mandela

how many west africans are generally that light skinned? apart from igbos.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by coogar: 2:13am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

yea those people are mixed with khoi-san.
and you can tell.
ex nelson mandela

how many west africans are generally that light skinned? apart from igbos.

the people of liberia, sierra leone, etc are light-skinned.

when you are less-busy, peruse this. . . .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skin_color
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 17, 2012
lol!! lord have mercy
my point is this once you are black you are just that black.

i hardly think there is anything "pure" in african anymore.
be it due to race mixing or simply tribal. mixing in africa is nothing new
and has been going on for ever. . .
just as some africans hate to admit it, others have no issue.
im just making points to those of you who try to play that "us against them"
game when the only difference between us is CULTURE! that's IT!

if you want to fight facts thats your problem.  kiss
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 2:17am On Jan 17, 2012
SIERRALEONIANS ARE MAJORITY BLACK

Far darker than Igbos
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 2:18am On Jan 17, 2012
Wow.  (still laughing at the Albino comment)
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:19am On Jan 17, 2012
coogar:

the people of liberia, sierra leone, etc are light-skinned.

are you trying to make a joke?
the typical liberian and sierra leoneans are dark skinned. except for the creole who are lighter skinned. these creoles make up only a small percent of their population and they are descendants of returned slaves from America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americo-Liberian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Leone_Creole_people
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 17, 2012
Hey MZD still on the same issue? Repeating the same thing all over lol.

Laws some girls are just annoying. I rather stay on this thread talking bs than going on a second date with this Japanese girl. Checking her BB and facebook updates every 3 seconds. Smdh
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 2:21am On Jan 17, 2012
REALITY101:

Hey MZD still on the same issue? Repeating the same thing all over lol.

Laws some girls are just annoying. I rather stay on this thread talking bs than going on a second date with this Japanese girl. Checking her BB and facebook updates every 3 seconds. Smdh

Yo, why you dissed my boy SAFO? angry grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 2:25am On Jan 17, 2012
light skinned africans are the result of mixing. it doesn't make them any less african but they are.

my bf's mother is light skinned and his father dark in complexion. On his mother's side they are light due to a certain "ancestor" who himself was light skinned in complexion due to having African AND Arab blood.

A post by Mzdarkskin a long time ago\

I get thats why Africans Americans are MORE light skinned than Africans due to more mixture with EUROPEANS!!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by coogar: 2:26am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

are you trying to make a joke?
the typical liberian and sierra leoneans are dark skinned. except for the creole who are lighter skinned. these creoles make up only a small percent of their population and they are descendants of returned slaves from America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americo-Liberian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Leone_Creole_people

just like the typical nigerians are dark-skinned!
the ones you see as light-skinned have been doctored somewhere in their pedigree!
you are making my point here. . . . . .
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:27am On Jan 17, 2012

europeans have been exploring these places as far back as the 17th and 18th centuries.
what are you talking about? the people in this picture have been compromised.

wth?
lol no comment.
those are the indegenous people of Southern Africa. 17th and 18th centuries are not even that long ago.

painting of khoisan people from the 17th century (1804) by Samuel Daniell

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by coogar: 2:33am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

wth?
lol no comment.
those are the indegenous people of Southern Africa. 17th and 18th centuries are not even that long ago.

painting of khoisan people from the 17th century (1804) by Samuel Daniell

the man in that image is not light-skinned, is he?
can you see the knots in his hair?
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 2:37am On Jan 17, 2012
BUT THE ARGUMENT is why are there more light skinned black Americans than Africans?

if pple think the light skinned Africans who are in the minority is a result of European mixture back in the day. .then the reasons why African Americans are more light skinned is because they mixed with more europeans compared to the black Africans
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:38am On Jan 17, 2012
coogar:

just like the typical nigerians are dark-skinned!
the ones you see as light-skinned have been doctored somewhere in their pedigree!
you are making my point here. . . . . .

you can tell the mixed ones from the indegenous ones
through their history as well as by their features.

typical west africans are dark skinned and  the difference is clear when you compare them to AA.
even the AAs themselves will be the first to say "you look african" if you are very dark skinned with big lips, nose and sharp features.
far too many of them have been diluted so they don't have that typical west african look anymore.

I don't even know why we are arguing this because I assume it's common knowledge. that african features are stronger than AA.
igbos are lighter skinned compared to yorubas so they look more AA in comparison.

about the mixed vs indegenous thing:
a light skinned igbo will still have very kinky hair
where as a light skinned african american will generally have looser hair texture.
same with light skin indegenous SA who will have very kinky hair,  but a colored SA will have looser hair texture.

this gives you a hint of who's mixed vs who's indigenous.

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:44am On Jan 17, 2012
coogar:

the man in that image is not light-skinned, is he?
can you see the knots in his hair?

that is exactly my point. he is lighter skinned.
but indegenous SA. you can tell by his hair texture!
most igbos are the same way. even the lightest one have kinky hair.
unlike AA who tend to have straighter hair if they are light skin.

more examples

1 Like

Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 2:44am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

typical west africans are dark skinned and the difference is clear when you compare them to AA.
even the AAs themselves will be the first to say "you look african" if you are very dark skinned with big lips, nose and sharp features.
far too many of them have been diluted so they don't have that typical west african look anymore.

I don't even know why we are arguing this because I assume it's common knowledge. that african features are stronger than AA.
igbos are lighter skinned compared to yorubas so they look more AA in comparison.

where as a light skinned african american will generally have looser hair texture.
same with light skin indegenous SA who will have very kinky hair,  but a colored SA will have looser hair texture.

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 17, 2012
LOOOl Chima, I didn't oo. For real I saw SAFO in Houston wearing wig lace and skinny pants.

Jenifa who paid you to die on this thread repating yourself like italian doorman?
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by coogar: 2:46am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

typical west africans are dark skinned and  the difference is clear when you compare them to AA.

brilliant!

so who is the indigenous and who's the mixed between flavour flav and ngoli okafor? grin cheesy
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:51am On Jan 17, 2012
Lol jenifa there are dark san ppl. Regardless as for the painting if u think that proves anything then thats on you.

onila:

A post by Mzdarkskin a long time ago\

I get thats why Africans Americans are MORE light skinned than Africans due to more mixture with EUROPEANS!!

Which proves how consistent I am from way back when till now unlike some folks who dont know where they stand. Furthermore you posting that is an epic fail because guess what? That boyfriend I am talking about is CAMEROONIAN!

Hes darker than me yet his mother is lightskinned. According to your logic lightskin mix too so therefore he as a dark skin african man is also mixed. Or are you going to try to change it up because he is african? tongue
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by onila(f): 2:51am On Jan 17, 2012
coogar:

you are very idiotic.

2 commonwealth countries and yet little european mixture?
you should donate your brains to the apes!

common wealth countries so why are most Ghanaians and sierraleonians darkskinned?

I guess some African tribes didnt really want to mix europeans why some did?

why are igbos light skinned compared to yorubas and ghanaians?

if  light skin is based on European mixture that means some regions mixed more with europeans than other regions

just like the African Americans have mixed more with europeans thats why they are more light skinned, less negriod features??
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 17, 2012
Lol! Onila you are drugs seriously.

There are mixed western blacks AND Africans end of story!
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 17, 2012
Onila which one are you?
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by coogar: 2:56am On Jan 17, 2012
onila:

common wealth countries so why are most Ghanaians and sierraleonians darkskinned?

you have to look at the level of interference of the europeans in the countries in question.
nigerians got the slave-drivers more slaves than ghana and sierra leone put together
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:57am On Jan 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Lol! Onila you are drugs seriously.

There are mixed western blacks AND Africans end of story!

yes there are.

but please address the argument:
there are way more mixed western blacks.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 2:57am On Jan 17, 2012
LMAO@Black Americans are only mixed with White folks  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people will deny to the BITTER END.   grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes! We have established there are mixed Black Americans, BUT WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT there are mixed Africans? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 2:58am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

LMAO@Black Americans are only mixed with White folks  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people will deny to the BITTER END.   grin grin grin grin grin grin

and with native americans. wink
you guys are mixed all over.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by tpia5: 2:58am On Jan 17, 2012
I don't even know why we are arguing this

dont you notice i've left the thread for the itk wrecking crew?

just dont have the time right now to be running in circles.

some people like to be more african than africans themselves.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 17, 2012
Time to delete this thread. No sense on it anymore
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by MrsChima1(f): 3:00am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

and with native americans.  wink
you guys are mixed all over.

SO are you guys!   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin 

If you can tell me what I am mixed with, I can tell you what you are mixed with.   wink
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 3:01am On Jan 17, 2012
tpia@:

dont you notice i've left the thread for the itk wrecking crew?

just dont have the time right now to be running in circles.

some people like to be more african than africans themselves.

abi o.

in fact, this is certainly not worthy of argument.

they want to be on our level by force by force.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Jenifa1: 3:02am On Jan 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

SO are you guys!   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin 

If you can tell me what I am mixed with, I can tell you what you are mixed with.   wink

yes. i'm mixed with bleaching cream and relaxer.
I don't need you to tell me tongue

just accept the fact that you are not African and never will be.
Re: Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! by Nobody: 3:06am On Jan 17, 2012
Jenifa_:

yes. i'm mixed with bleaching cream and relaxer.
I don't need you to tell me  tongue

[size=18pt]just accept the fact that you are not African and never will be. [/size]

"operation expose the root to the whole argument is a success! i repeat exposing jenifa's REAL issue is a success!!"

rather than accept that i am just as black as you and that you could be just as mixed as me, you'd rather bend backward and sideways than acknowledge that fact because you think being born on the continent somehow makes you better! but guess what? you've been exposed. You're nothing more than a bigot and ignorant. and i may be western but i'm not a hypocrite nor am i miserable. a true daughter of your slave trading forefathers is what you are. barbaric and blind, too pathetic to see some of your blood line is in the west. the same akatas you like to talk shit about carry some of your dna, and that is SUCH a shame. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

The 250+ Tribes/ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. / Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.