Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,556 members, 7,801,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop (1631 Views)

Spyware/adware Attack / How To Get Trojans, Spyware, And Network Worms Off My System / Help: I Need Anti Spyware Programme! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by eduaustin(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2007
Hello Gurus in the house, please i have an issue with a colleagues laptop. it has the window Norton Anti-virus notification that keeps poping up VIRUS NAME: DOWNLOADER
But i checked that location its not in there,Symantec Antivirus has quarantined it and also it denied acces. But i still get the pop-up everynow and then. What can i do to take out the spyware completely?
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Ralvy(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2007
1. If u have checked the location and its not there, the that AV is not doing it's job, because another file somewhere on the PC maybe trying tu re - execute the quarantined file.

2. It's possible that you're on a network that has been hacked.

3. The file you're talking about "exploree.exe" is weird, I have never come across such a thing unless u're trying tu say explorer.exe , Please be very careful with your spellings.

And if it is true that explorer.exe is corrupt on your system, then thats some crazy shit because, thats the sole explorer for your OS, what lets you see files and all that.

From today till tomorrow, I believe that if you have a registered and activated version of Kapersky Internet Security 7, your Computer's life s secure. All my life, I have depended on cracks, but at the rate KIS is going, I am considering buying the software, man try KIS. You'll love it
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by eduaustin(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2007
@Ralvy, thks for your reply and was actually looking out for urs, cos i've read most of ur post and must commend you greatly.
meanwhile,its actually ''exploeee.exe'' that was stated there and i was so suprise at it. i even googled it and came up with nothing. on the system there is also this pop-up that tells you ''that your system is under threat, that you should download an antispyware by clicking ok on that pop-up window. also how can i get the ''KIS'' antivirus even though its the cracked version?
there are other stuffs i need to discuss wit u too. my email is: edubenye@yahoo.com
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Ralvy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2007
You can google it just like u said . . Download KIS and I will upload a key for you to use during installation.
At least - ur safe since "explorer.exe" is not affected. Install KIS and run a complete Virus / Spyware Scan.
I strongly believe KIS will do the Job wink
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by nawa1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2007
edu_austin:

on the system there is also this pop-up that tells you ''that your system is under threat, that you should download an antispyware by clicking ok on that pop-up window.

some time ago i had a similar problem. i searched the web and consulted friends for solution. differed kind of anti-virus and anti-spyware was recommended. unfortunately all the recommendations did not really solved the problem.

without question, having a good and up to date anti-virus is inevitable.

but right now, i think your system is affected with a spyware, and to thoroughly fix this problem, you have to backup all your important files and reload your system.
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Ralvy(m): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2007
na wa:
but right now, i think your system is affected with a spyware, and to thoroughly fix this problem, you have to backup all your important files and reload your system.

Naaaa . . .haba - that's nt necesri . . . Consider Drivers, although he can back them up, but I will have to get the CD across to him
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by nawa1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2007
ralvy,
you know, i think it's necesri. cos spywares are not like virus, it's not very easy to get rid of them. even if u did, they still have a way of re-attacking ur system grin

to backup your system is not particularly hard. all you have to do is to get another hard disk connect it to the system, then copy and past.
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Ralvy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2007
na wa:

ralvy,
you know, i think it's necesri. because spywares are not like virus, it's not very easy to get rid of them. even if u did, they still have a way of re-attacking your system grin

You made sense there . .

na wa:

to backup your system is not particularly hard. all you have to do is to get another hard disk connect it to the system, then copy and past.

Copy & Paste the Spyware/virus ba grin

Man, I think its necesri to ask what kinda Computer he owns.
Some Computers are old and their developers do not support them till date,
where does he get drivers from?
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by nawa1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2007
Ralvy:

Copy & Paste the Spyware/virus ba grin

na wa 4 u o o o. i meant copy and paste his important files (but if the spywares/viruses are important to him well, he can copy dem 2 grin grin grin)

Man, I think its necesri to ask what kind of Computer he owns.
Some Computers are old and their developers do not support them till date,
where does he get drivers from?

no matter how old a system may be, if it supports cd drive, then i think it can also support connecting another hard drive in place of the cd drive to do the transfer.
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Ralvy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2007
na wa:

(but if the spywares/viruses are important to him well, he can copy them 2 grin grin grin)

LOL,

na wa:

no matter how old a system may be, if it supports cd drive, then i think it can also support connecting another hard drive in place of the cd drive to do the transfer.

Man, Drivers . . wetin de make sound commot, VGA driver . .all those things. u don hear nw ba?
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by netotse(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2007
first things first guy do u have a firewall?(doubt it)
one of the smartest things u could do would be to download hijackthis(google it),do a scan then paste the result here(thats if u dont kno wot to do afta seeing the results)
@ralvy
can explorer be corrupted? i thot wot usu happens is that it(the malware)attaches itself to explorer,winlogon or userinit in the registry.
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Kobojunkie: 4:45am On Oct 05, 2007
DOWNLOAD AND RUN ADWARE or AVISOFT's SPY TRACKER , I have used both and I can tell you that I prefer them to Norton anyday
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by eduaustin(m): 8:30am On Oct 05, 2007
Hey Guys, thanks for all ur post. yeah yeah, the guy that had the laptop had to rush out for an urgent meeting yesterday, he is one of the sales engineer in the company. i will ask him to get it back today and run the Hijackthis scan then post the result here for analysis.The system in question is a Dell Inspiron Laptop. Will get back to u guys as soon as i lay ma hands on the laptop today.Have great & splendid day guys.
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Koolwilly(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
If you believe that your computer is infected with spyware, do not delay in getting rid of it. The problems it can cause will only get worse over time. But hopefully, the tips I have given will answer your questions on how to find spyware, http://softsupportonline..com/2008/07/how-to-find-spyware-on-my-computer.html tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by femzy(m): 12:01am On Jul 31, 2008
Mr Koolwilly do you realise you just resurrected a dead 10 month old thread?? grin grin
Re: Need Help! Spyware Attack: ''downloader'' On A Laptop by Koolwilly(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ femzy its my pleasur to bring hlp to all PC users in our great country. for more of this you can get me on willy_kitty007@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Advent Usb 7211 Usb Problem / USA Hp Pro Book 4530s SOLD / IE 6 Problem - Solutionscolony.net!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.