Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram (13175 Views)

Chibok Girls Alive And Kicking, Says Boko Haram’s Contact - TVC NEWS [ABUJA] / FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Shock As America Says Boko Haram Is Now Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by dbride: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Amalaaba, I see you are still defending the indefensible. Let me help u. Take a piece of paper, make 2 columns, xtian terrorist and muslim terrorist and daily mark appropriately under the relevant column whenever any terorist group strikes. Be sincere and religious about it. Do not waste ur time arguing back and forth trying to correct or educate non muslims. After this exercise maybe in one week you will be convinced who to direct your educational talks.

Once again, I understand your predicament but the above will help you a lot. Calm ur nerves.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by VoodooDoll(m): 7:46pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Amaleba

No need to go. I did not insult you, you're sensitive to an anonymous poster challenging your view on NL but you want Nigerians to be comfortable seeing their brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers killed by people who do not know peaceful Islam.

Such a thin skin, look my family members who are Moslem will equally challenge you for not facing down Boko haram. We all have to face down the negatives in our societies because war (civil, ethnic, or religious) is not child's play.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by syyoung: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2011
please Nigerians this so called boko haram are not muslims they are just sect of people that are controlled by another to cause crisis and unrest in the country by using islam to cover up. But the problem here is that the muslims leaders in the country are expected to come out and help the country to fight against these. they are destroying the image of islam. A muslim don't just go into public disturbance unless you persecute them. please am calling on Nigerians to join hand and help fight this bad sect. War is not the best option (religion crisis). we should not let corruption ruin this nation. we can do these only if we are ready to work tirelessly in search of them. they are not to much or invisible to handle but we don't just want to. their aim is to set religious crisis when they get it done they ' achieve 1 step of many but if they don't they go back to square one. we know many things are wrong but what will come is worst than what will think. we should not forget our prayers is the key to successful battle.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Amalaaba: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2011
dbride.
You are drawing me back with your challenge. I don't like people who ignore other people's points but are unfairly pushing their agenda.

Who is a Terrorist? The United nation controlled by the Christian nations of the world have not been able to agree with the definition in spite of several meetings in the last 2 decades because the nation Christian) with the largest terrorist organisation/operation in the world would not allow it.

If the BBC can para phrase every killings by Christians everywhere in the world by their religion, the story would change. This is just working on your mind. For example, if i ask you if you watch PRESS TV you will probably say no, but proudly tell me how current (with extreme trust) you are of CNN. Everybody knows that they bend stories to suite their country's agenda. A recent case was Amanpour, a journalist who has worked with them for 22 years but was sacked for praising a recently dead Muslim Sheik.

Sir, are you aware that Northern Islanders are Christians and they are killing to protect their religion? Have you forgotten the Rev. Jones of Guyana and the one in Africa? If you don't agree, remember, the Reverend father who was part of the pogrom/killing (over 1 million) in Rewanda. LRA: Lord Resistance Army is a Christian terrorist organisation that kills, maims and rapes using children.
By the way, the peaceful Christians in Liberia and Sierra-Leone went into war destroying villages, raping, killing and amputating men.

Don't use the argument that one is expressive and the other is not. Even Bush said God (Is that Jesus? God forbid) sent him to fight evil which eventually lead to the death of over one million Iraqis and 4 miilion displaced, by some estimates.

My friend, please tabulate, and then we shall see where you belong; but please, be since!

By the way, I sympathize with you for leaving Islam, but please update your knowledge of the religion and understand why all the most recent studies have shown that in the last 10 years of 9/11 more westerners have converted to ISLAM. Western propaganda cannot stop the truth from been constant.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Amalaaba: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2011
VoodooDoll, you wrote that i am writing rubbish when i articulated in the most logical manner that BH are not Muslims and all their quotations of the Quran were out of context. I deplore their actions. In fact, they have killed more Muslims than Christians. When you say i am talking rubbish after writing all that, what is that?

BH are working in the interest if countries that want to sale weapons. Saudi Arabia just signed another $30 billion contract for weapons they don't know how to use to defend themselves against an imaginery enemy, Iran, which has not invaded any other country in 250 years (according to a BBC analyst).

lets watch it. War is not a tea party. We have a common enemy as stated by Onaiyekan, which must be fished out and destroyed. I agree.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by VoodooDoll(m): 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Amalaeba

Northern Ireland conflict is about the English ruling over the Irish. Ireland was an English "colony" and the English raped Irish women and subjugated Ireland. Ireland-England is about ethnicities and one nationality dominating another.

By the way I have friends in Iran and they will tell you Press TV (Iran State tv) is full of lies.

Why don't you face Nigeria's problems instead of drawing international rubbish into it.

Give me one example of Christians killing Moslems in their thousands and quoting the bible after? Just one!
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by VoodooDoll(m): 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Amalaaba

Ok. I've just seen your last comment.

Boko Haram are not true Moslems, we need more people like you to state that and often.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Amalaaba: 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2011
VoodooDoll,
Thanks for finally getting my point; but i'm not happy that you are not careful with your use of the word "rubbish". It is not a good expression in a civilized debate like this.

The Ireland crisis is between Catholic and Protestant Christians. Google it.

As far as i am concerned, nobody can defend God. Anybody who kills without provocation is neither a true Christian of Muslim!

Thanks anyway.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by VoodooDoll(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2011
@Amalaaba

A different thread to discuss Ireland-England. It is about the English Empire expanding beyond its nose and about politics.  The English King refused to continue to bow down and pay taxes to the Powerful Popes who used religion to control empires, that was part of the troubles.

If my words were strong it is because I feel strongly about people using religion to mask devious deeds. Religion is often an excuse to power grab or cut down enemies.

I see now that wasn't your intention. And yes Western News media do have a huge bias.

Have a happy new year.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2011
sy young:

please Nigerians this so called boko haram are not muslims they are just sect of people that are controlled by another to cause crisis and unrest in the country by using islam to cover up. A muslim don't just go into public disturbance unless you persecute them.

*Boiling with righteous rage* Another fundamentalist b.as.t.a.rd. So you agree with the SAME ambiguous, amorphous, nonsensical bull shyte that ALL Islamic terrorists in history have used as justification for their violence against innocent people? "Persecute". What's that? What the fucking hell is 'persecute'? So if I refuse to vote for an Islamic buffoon like, e.g., Buhari for President, that amounts to 'persecution' of Muslims? Is that enough reason for you im.be.c.i.l.e.s to massacre tens and hundreds of innocent Christians? These Mohammedan animals are worse than wild beasts. If I ever had my way, I would exterminate every single one of you pigs from the planet - you don't belong here. I feel irritated that I'm breathing the same air as you savage beasts.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 01, 2012
pro01:

*Boiling with righteous rage* Another fundamentalist b.as.t.a.rd. So you agree with the SAME ambiguous, amorphous, nonsensical bull shyte that ALL Islamic terrorists in history have used as justification for their violence against innocent people? "Persecute". What's that? What the bleeping hell is 'persecute'? So if I refuse to vote for an Islamic buffoon like, e.g., Buhari for President, that amounts to 'persecution' of Muslims? Is that enough reason for you im.be.c.i.l.e.s to massacre tens and hundreds of innocent Christians? These Mohammedan animals are worse than wild beasts. If I ever had my way, I would exterminate every single one of you pigs from the planet - you don't belong here. I feel irritated that I'm breathing the same air as you savage beasts.

I want you to understand that there is nothing wrong with your sentiment. It is normal for any rational-minded person who is conscious of Nigeria history of religious wars and attacks to think in the direction you are thinking. And most Nigerians are equally in the same boat with you based on what I have been reading on here. However, keep in mind that, the enemy(foreign agents) are extremely happy that you and many Nigerians are thinking this way, why? Because that is their objective. Read my comment below and think thoroughly. Don't just reply whimsically, take a moment and think through it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/balarabe-musa-fingers-foreign-agents-in-bomb-attacks/

Please read my comments below also, perhaps they will help you all understand what is happening or about to happen in Nigeria.  All of your thoughts are on point, however at the surface. The question is who is behind all of these on the subsurface?   Below the subsurface, are foreign agents who are masterminding all of these. They have studied Nigeria for decades - remember this people are very clever and could be your neighbors - and clearly know that the only trigger to Nigeria disintegration is to ferment a religious war. Please employ critical thinking, is it by coincidence that as soon as Niger delta Militants stopped all attacks, BOKO HARAM becomes the next threat.  Top muslim leaders aka powerful Nigeria intelligence CZARS (IBB, GUSUA, AKILU, E.T.C) know what is happening and who is behind it, they know the prowess of the foreign intelligence behind them(BOKO HARAM) and WILL NEVER DARE TO SPEAK. Equally, Jonathan and Aziza know what's happening and who is behind it.  Dare speak against them like Balarabe(Who is a non-nonsense politician), and these foreign intelligence will track you down and come after you in the name of BOKO HARAM. Do you think Al Qaeda exist in reality? No it doesn't. These are the same people(foreign agents aka CIA) creating all these psuedo- islamic terrorist organizations as a weapon to divide and destroy Nations they have interests in.

Going back to history,  Biafra War. I wished Ojukwu did live to tell all what happened. Google up  this article posted on Sun News a month or so ago, Title: " What Ojukwu told me before, during and after the war - by Professor Sam Aluko." This is a must read article. Please read it with an open mind. Now, Why was Ojukwu so unperturbed  and confident about fighting the war knowing that Biafra had nothing? Well, because the United States, Britian, France and many European Nations assured him that once the war broke out they will back Biafra. Remember Ojukwu declared the war by Declaration of secession. Well, I guess you already know what happened.  Just to let you know, at the time they were assuring Ojukwu of their support, they were also assuring Gowon of their support, These People. These Blood suckers of Africans. They are about repeating the same history again and we will be so foolish and gullible to fall for it again. First, they( CIA through the Hausas) instigated the pogrom of  the Igbos in the North and then came to Ojukwu and had him declare for secession. What is my point: At the surface it looks like,  YES  THE MUSLIMS ARE BEHIND ALL THESE.

Take a cursory look at the bombs/explosives used. THESE ARE SOPHISTICATED EXPLOSIVES USED ONLY IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN. Trust me, BOKO HARAM can not manufacture such powerful explosives. These were smuggled into the country. As a Nuclear and Chemical engineer with a defense firm in Dallas, I know what I am talking about. We know the chemical composition of these bombs and can tell you that you can not source them locally in Nigeria. Can't you see to the level the cars at the Madalla Bombings were incinerated. Compare it to what you see in Iraq and Afganistan and draw your conclusions. When last did explosives in Nigeria killed over 40-50 people in a single bombing scene?

One other thought, If you live in the U.S or abroad, did you notice how the mainstream media carried this story? They ran this every minute or so, all popular Newspapers, Washington post, New york Times, e.t.c., all ran this like they have no other top news out there. Mind you same  day, a car bomb went off in IRAQ killing about a dozen or 20 people, I bet you didn't see that often as you saw the Nigeria Bombings. Did you notice how Obama immediately  issued PREPARED  statement condemning it - even before our president issued one -  and OFFERING TO HELP IF EMPLOYED. PLEASE Nigerians listen up, This is by design to spatter it all over the media and make the whole world believe that yes, there are muslim extremists in Nigeria killing Christians and next thing, U.S and NATO would say, we are going to Nigeria to protect Christians like Libya, to protect civilians and instead,  murdered half a million. Now that Nation is in total anarchy and people are dying of starvation and unknown diseases! Yes Gaddafi was due to go, but under his government, Libya had one of the best standard of living in the world.

Remember, the intent of this comment is not to force you to BELIEVE what I am trying to convey but to allow you to think for yourselves and draw conclusions from all evidences.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 01, 2012
One day, one person shall be named.

And when he is. . . . well, Nigerians will just look the other way as usual. Cowardsss!!!
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Akanbiedu(m): 5:50am On Jan 01, 2012
pro01:

*Boiling with righteous rage* Another fundamentalist b.as.t.a.rd. So you agree with the SAME ambiguous, amorphous, nonsensical bull shyte that ALL Islamic terrorists in history have used as justification for their violence against innocent people? "Persecute". What's that? What the bleeping hell is 'persecute'? So if I refuse to vote for an Islamic buffoon like, e.g., Buhari for President, that amounts to 'persecution' of Muslims? Is that enough reason for you im.be.c.i.l.e.s to massacre tens and hundreds of innocent Christians? These Mohammedan animals are worse than wild beasts. [size=15pt]If I ever had my way, I would exterminate every single one of you pigs from the planet - you don't belong here. I feel irritated that I'm breathing the same air as you savage beasts.[/size]

Terrorist in the making.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by olumudegun: 9:14am On Jan 01, 2012
Calling them boko haram glorifies their evil cause and actions. The appropriate name for them is AHLUL NAR (PEOPLE OF HELL-FIRE ) and after that name bracket the following words" may the wrath of Allah be upon them and may they be denied His Mercy" . Unjustifiable killings are not condoned by any religion, holy books or prophets. Out of all the thousands of verses and Hadiths that enjoined good neighborliness and good deeds, they can only quote one or two which shows their level of ignorance about ISLAM. Every muslim knows that the Quran was revealed piece-meal over 23 years as a guidance during certain situations thereby making it inappropriate to quote a verse of the Quran without knowledge of where, when and why it was revealed. These AHLUL NAR ( may the wrath of Allah be upon them and may  they be denied of His Mercy) are only giving Islam a bad name in place of their own culture of violence and ignorance. Are we in a war situation? Were they prevented from spreading Islam through preaching? So why these senseless killings?
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by dbride: 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2012
@Amalaaba, do not sympathize with me that I ditched islam. Clearly, I am in a better position to tell you which SUITS ME better. You are not in a position to sympathize with me on my decision.You have not slept on the other bed, how do you now tell me that the bed you are lying on is better? by looks or what? I have slept on both beds and you just one! How can you rightly compare both beds or be a better judge than me in this case? Amalaaba, experience is always the best teacher. Speaking in parables, I have fearlessly slept on so many beds to tell you which gives the utmost benefit, so quit sympathizing with me for I do not sympathize with you for your choice or advise you to change.

I see thru your bitter heart; you couldn't hide it anymore. I still love you with the love of God and I will never sympathize with you for in life, everything is ''turn by turn'' and ALL powers belong to God for He alone ALLOWS, I repeat, ALLOWS us to be wherever we find ourselves. I will never jugde whatever and wherever you choose to be as long as it does not cut short the life of another. Remain blessed where you are.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by sholylaw(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2012
No doubt, I knw dat d attach on christmas day is as a result of d Last Eld bloody attack on d muslims in Jos by christians, But dey too should knw dat d christians are not going to fold dere hand after d killings dat hve been done by d hausa/fulani Muslims in Jos since 2002, D christians as waking up strongly to defend and avenge for dere lost, D killin on Eld festive day I guess is a warnin and serious start, tellin d Northern Muslims enough is enough in plateau, Too Bloody and I Hail every warrior dat participated in dat attack which watch over 200plpp dead on Eld, Thanks All Broda's and Sista's in christ, Maranathan, D Truth is Matching on, Solider of Christ.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by tillo4real(m): 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2012
Hello my the peace of the lord be with you all, What I have to say is that we have good muslim among us, what matter may happen
Right now let both xtain and god muslim stand up fight against BH,BH are muslim by religious but there using islam to cover up. My fellow brother in the north,let stand and fight BH,let any BH use is muslim to use in cover up we now that you are terrorist let nigeria stand up and fight BH but not religious fight
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by knowledge4(m): 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2012
Methinks it a shame that Nigeria, an expert in peacekeeping operations elsewhere around the world cannot root out Boko Haram with the military arsenal at the FG's disposal?
Its a bigger shame that all the intelligence outfits in Nigeria cannot locate the Boko Haram bases for elimination. Could it be that the FG is treading cautiously to ensure that the conflict does not snowball into a religious conflagration? For how long at the expense of the cold blooded murder of innocent in bombing raids? Is it not time we go back to the root to address our problems as a nation.
Lets go back to Sovereign National Conference!
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by manosteel(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2012
Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab, Hezbollah, Hamas, you can name them, are all muslim terrorist group killing in the name of Allah, yet Islam is a religion of peace.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by sayusuf(m): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2012
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by knowledge4(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
Your comment is too rash for this honorable forum
Have you read the book 'My Hatred for Christ and Christianity' by O.O.Paul
Please look for it and read it.
It was written by a former Muslim Jihadist,now converted to Christ.
He was a notable Nigerian Islamic Jihadist while a Moslem who played prominent roles in many Jihad campaigns.
It will open your eyes to the truths that you have been blinded to.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Cogent: 3:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^Who told you that what is written in the book is the truth?
Look here, I know muslims and they are taught to respect Jesus Christ, not insult or hate him. They actually do this, stop spreading hatred by advertising a lying book.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by baslone: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2012
dbride:

@Amalaaba, do not sympathize with me that I ditched islam. Clearly, I am in a better position to tell you which SUITS ME better. You are not in a position to sympathize with me on my decision.You have not slept on the other bed, how do you now tell me that the bed you are lying on is better? by looks or what? I have slept on both beds and you just one! How can you rightly compare both beds or be a better judge than me in this case? Amalaaba, experience is always the best teacher. Speaking in parables, I have fearlessly slept on so many beds to tell you which gives the utmost benefit, so quit sympathizing with me for I do not sympathize with you for your choice or advise you to change.

I see thru your bitter heart; you couldn't hide it anymore. I still love you with the love of God and I will never sympathize with you for in life, everything is ''turn by turn'' and ALL powers belong to God for He alone ALLOWS, I repeat, ALLOWS us to be wherever we find ourselves. I will never jugde whatever and wherever you choose to be as long as it does not cut short the life of another. Remain blessed where you are.

I'm sure you are a pastor now too! grin
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by rabzy01: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2012
In Nigeria, Boko Haram Is Not the Problem- American Professor

Prof. Jean Herskovits

http://economicconfidential.net/new/features/865-jean-herskovits

GOVERNMENTS and newspapers around the world attributed the horrific Christmas Day bombings of churches in Nigeria to “Boko Haram” – a shadowy group that is routinely described as an extremist Islamist organization based in the northeast corner of Nigeria. Indeed, since the May inauguration of President Goodluck Jonathan, a Christian from the Niger Delta in the country’s south, Boko Haram has been blamed for virtually every outbreak of violence in Nigeria.

But the news media and American policy makers are chasing an elusive and ill-defined threat; there is no proof that a well-organized, ideologically coherent terrorist group called Boko Haram even exists today. Evidence suggests instead that, while the original core of the group remains active, criminal gangs have adopted the name Boko Haram to claim responsibility for attacks when it suits them.

The United States must not be drawn into a Nigerian “war on terror” – rhetorical or real – that would make us appear biased toward a Christian president. Getting involved in an escalating sectarian conflict that threatens the country’s unity could turn Nigerian Muslims against America without addressing any of the underlying problems that are fueling instability and sectarian strife in Nigeria.

Since August, when Gen. Carter F. Ham, the commander of the United States Africa Command, warned that Boko Haram had links to Al Qaeda affiliates, the perceived threat has grown. Shortly after General Ham’s warning, the United Nations’ headquarters in Abuja was bombed, and simplistic explanations blaming Boko Haram for Nigeria’s mounting security crisis became routine. Someone who claims to be a spokesman for Boko Haram – with a name no one recognizes and whom no one has been able to identify or meet with – has issued threats and statements claiming responsibility for attacks. Remarkably, the Nigerian government and the international news media have simply accepted what he says.

In late November, a subcommittee of the House Committee on Homeland Security issued a report with the provocative title: “Boko Haram: Emerging Threat to the U.S. Homeland.” The report makes no such case, but nevertheless proposes that the organization be added to America’s list of foreign terrorist organizations. The State Department’s Africa bureau disagrees, but pressure from Congress and several government agencies is mounting.

Boko Haram began in 2002 as a peaceful Islamic splinter group. Then politicians began exploiting it for electoral purposes. But it was not until 2009 that Boko Haram turned to violence, especially after its leader, a young Muslim cleric named Mohammed Yusuf, was killed while in police custody. Video footage of Mr. Yusuf’s interrogation soon went viral, but no one was tried and punished for the crime. Seeking revenge, Boko Haram targeted the police, the military and local politicians – all of them Muslims.

It was clear in 2009, as it is now, that the root cause of violence and anger in both the north and south of Nigeria is endemic poverty and hopelessness. Influential Nigerians from Maiduguri, where Boko Haram is centered, pleaded with Mr. Jonathan’s government in June and July not to respond to Boko Haram with force alone.

Likewise, the American ambassador, Terence P. McCulley, has emphasized, both privately and publicly, that the government must address socio-economic deprivation, which is most severe in the north. No one seems to be listening.

Instead, approximately 25 percent of Nigeria’s budget for 2012 is allocaated for security, even though the military and police routinely respond to attacks with indiscriminate force and killing. Indeed, according to many Nigerians I’ve talked to from the northeast, the army is more feared than Boko Haram.

Meanwhile, Boko Haram has evolved into a franchise that includes criminal groups claiming its identity. Revealingly, Nigeria’s State Security Services issued a statement on Nov. 30, identifying members of four “criminal syndicates” that send threatening text messages in the name of Boko Haram. Southern Nigerians – not northern Muslims – ran three of these four syndicates, including the one that led the American Embassy and other foreign missions to issue warnings that emptied Abuja’s high-end hotels.

And last week, the security services arrested a Christian southerner wearing northern Muslim garb as he set fire to a church in the Niger Delta. In Nigeria, religious terrorism is not always what it seems.

None of this excuses Boko Haram’s killing of innocents. But it does raise questions about a rush to judgment that obscures Nigeria’s complex reality. Many Nigerians already believe that the United States unconditionally supports Mr. Jonathan’s government, despite its failings. They believe this because Washington praised the April elections that international observers found credible, but that many Nigerians, especially in the north, did not.

Likewise, Washington’s financial support for Nigeria’s security forces, despite their documented human rights abuses, further inflames Muslim Nigerians in the north. Mr. Jonathan’s recent actions have not helped matters. He told Nigerians last week, “The issue of bombing is one of the burdens we must live with.” On New Year’s Eve, he declared a state of emergency in parts of four northern states, leading to increased military activity there. And on New Year’s Day, he removed a subsidy on petroleum products, more than doubling the price of fuel.

In a country where 90 percent of the population lives on $2 or less a day, anger is rising nationwide as the costs of transport and food increase dramatically.

Since Nigeria’s return to civilian rule in 1999, many politicians have used ethnic and regional differences and, most disastrously, religion for their own purposes. Northern Muslims – indeed, all Nigerians – are desperate for a government that responds to their most basic needs: personal security and hope for improvement in their lives. They are outraged over government policies and expenditures that undermine both.

The United States should not allow itself to be drawn into this quicksand by focusing on Boko Haram alone. Washington is already seen by many northern Muslims – including a large number of longtime admirers of America – as biased toward a Christian president from the south. The United States must work to avoid a self-fulfilling prophecy that makes us into their enemy. Placing Boko Haram on the foreign terrorist list would cement such views and make more Nigerians fear and distrust America.

*Jean Herskovits, a professor of history at the State University of New York, Purchase, has written on Nigerian politics since 1970. She contributed this piece to New York Times a day after President Goodluck Jonathan removed fuel subsidy in Nigeria.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by BlackPikiN(m): 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^^^ You and that your yeye prof will be thrown to jail in my kingdom.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
Gayboko harem, you filthy bitches you men prostitutes, I wouldn't dirty my saliva by spitting on your mothers.
By the way if I understand well you are the fathers of your brothers: meaning you had sex with your mothers while sodomizing your fathers.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by dimbright: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2012
@danka u do have a point but i have a few questions.
1 what would the united states gain by causing war in our nation
2 the current president is black, why would he be supporting doing such a thing in africa
3 have u noticed that every form of violence in the north is attributed to bh without proper investigation, so even if ur comments are true, there myt still be some religious extremists who are not bh members but are killing and making it look like bh to evade d law. Long before bh came into existence ethnoreligious killings have been going on in northern nigeria, it only just mordernised. So how do u explain that?
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 12, 2012
Don't let yourself fooled, there is no such thing as Boko Haram. All the northerners are together in this, they are the ones planting bombs to kill us. Let us divide right now. Why should we be sharing our oil revenue with people who keep killing us ? What apart from death are they bringing to the table ?
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2012
sayusuf:

if islam order us to kill you, do you think we will hesitate to slay you. The fact is that islam is religion of peace. Infact the literal meaning of islam is peace. But as bh said, tick for tack thats another version, allahu akbar
you see my friend this is where you lose us. So if you are convinced that Islam wants you to kill then you will kill! That is the difference between you and us, if the bible tells us to kill then we reject the bible!
And this shows how fanatic you people are. And this also shows that the non terrorist Muslims are only sleeping agents of terror, because sooner or later some fanatic will convince them that Islam wants them to kill and there we go again. But let me ask you one question: How long do you think we are going to let you kill us ? Do you think we are so powerless or do you think that killing us is such an amusing game ? Who produces the petrol in Nigeria ? It is the Christians. Who does the business in Nigeria ? It is the Christians. Who owns the see ports in Nigeria ? It is the christians. The Muslims never bring anything to the table apart from death and terrorism. So tell me, why should we remain as one ? We are going to break this country into two, so that you can continue killing people for not being good Muslims while we keep elevating our knowledge and our wealth and our peace.
Re: We Will Kill Again, Says Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lekki-Bridge Tolling Stirs ‘Cyber-War’ On Nairaland - Punch / Lagos Launches Office Of Overseas Affairs And Investment (pics) / 9 Biafra War Machine Dat Mak Is Hard For Nigeria To Defeat Dem During Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.