Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,559 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:01 PM

Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings (301647 Views)

Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / Traditional Yoruba Names And Their Meanings / Igbo Names & Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by purplekayc(m): 12:04am On Jun 10, 2017
CynthiaSA412:
I can speak and understand just a little of Nigerian Pidgin and I have Nigerian friends. Hope you guys can help me in learning more of it.
you will find helpful hands here
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by CynthiaSA412(f): 7:45am On Jun 10, 2017
Thank you.. I'd appreciate that.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Nicheey(m): 1:25am On Aug 24, 2017
CynthiaSA412:
Thank you.. I'd appreciate that.

I'm at ur service,sha there's different version of Nigerian pidgin.biko avoid warri pidgin otherwise May I quiet first,sha which one u wan learn self
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by amaniart(m): 8:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
danieldlmt:
Hi guys, I'm brazilian and just started listening Nigerian music..
Can anyone help me undertanding this sentence "black man for face, white man for yansh"?
It's from a Seun Kuti song.. Rise..
What's the message of this sentence? I don't get it XD
Thanks brothers!

Download load my Pidgin English dictionary app from playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.amaniart.peegin

Or check out the web app http://www.peegin.com
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by smile4kenn(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
How can you say love or relationship in pidgin.

For example, Are there like specific pidgin translations for "I love her" or "I'm in a relationship with her"
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Nicheey(m): 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2018
smile4kenn:
How can you say love or relationship in pidgin.

For example, Are there like specific pidgin translations for "I love her" or "I'm in a relationship with her"

To begin with ,there are different dialect of pidgin(warri pidgin ,ekpoma pidgin etc)

But generally we could say "I heart you" the heart there simplifies the "love" .or luff ,loff ,heart. All simplifies "love.

How to say when you're in a relation in pidgin could be hard though ,remember there's different dialect of pidgin.so assuming I'm using warri dialect I'll say "me and dha girl get parol"."parol" there simplifies the relationship.

Bobo for you to learn nigerian pidgin you gotta be precised on the dialect ,or else your brain go jam .

Sha happy new year brodha
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 2:01am On Feb 05, 2018
Sounds kinda weird and funny to me.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2018
Nicheey:

To begin with ,there are different dialect of pidgin(warri pidgin ,ekpoma pidgin etc)

But generally we could say "I heart you" the heart there simplifies the "love" .or luff ,loff ,heart. All simplifies "love.

How to say when you're in a relation in pidgin could be hard though ,remember there's different dialect of pidgin.so assuming I'm using warri dialect I'll say "me and dha girl get parol"."parol" there simplifies the relationship.

Bobo for you to learn nigerian pidgin you gotta be precised on the dialect ,or else your brain go jam .

Sha happy new year brodha
In Yeniz or Yenagoa pidgin we say Dread for love Eg i dred yu die means I love yu to the fullest.
Then to be in a relation you say: Me and dat Banny(girl) don de run tinz. Or mi and her get compass or parol.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Nicheey(m): 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2018
Sinistami:
In Yeniz or Yenagoa pidgin we say Dread for love Eg i dred yu die means I love yu to the fullest.
Then to be in a relation you say: Me and dat Banny(girl) don de run tinz. Or mi and her get compass or parol.

pidgin varies in different forms and dialect, nice yenagoa has thiers,buh seriously i'd stick to warri dialect,e too good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Nicheey(m): 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2018
Rexia:
Sounds kinda weird and funny to me.
tf its beautiful
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2018
Nicheey:

tf its beautiful
Too beautiful
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2018
[quote author=Nicheey post=65147900]

pidgin varies in different forms and dialect, nice yenagoa has thiers,buh seriously i'd stick to warri dialect,e too good[/qwas Yenagoa is a little near Warri so we have lots of influence from Wafi pidgi. We too speak a lot of pidgin yenagoa was even Listed five on most pidgin speaking cities in Naija. But we still cut cap for Warri pidgin shaa.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2018
I'm Cameroonian but I know how to speak Nigerian pidgin very well
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2018
Nicheey
Please I know it's beautiful and all but I'm just not used to it.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by purplekayc(m): 11:45am On Feb 18, 2018
Rexia:
I'm Cameroonian but I know how to speak Nigerian pidgin very well
does it sound better than French?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
purplekayc:
does it sound better than French?
Of course it does.I'm actually from the anglophone side of Cameroon in the north west.We also speak pidgin but it is different from Nigerian pidgin.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by purplekayc(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
Rexia:

Of course it does.I'm actually from the anglophone side of Cameroon in the north west.We also speak pidgin but it is different from Nigerian pidgin.

Another version of English pidgin?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2018
Yenagoa pidgin slangs
Wida: somewhat of an insultive way of greeting depends on the context means whatsup or whats wrong with you be careful some people dont take it lightly when you say to them Wida you
Banny, CHinkins, bitchise kpass, Ageli A'be(bae): girl
Aboy, Aboby Ogopi: boy
how e de be: whats up
Robs, List:money
Ozed: Prostitute
Okpolor: Phone
Oguaja: odd job
Gba: work
Gba/Gbaga: run
Injeke: Untrue Story
Wet,Oil,Press,Loot:sex
Fall: kill/die
Ofiolor: backdoor
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2018
purplekayc:

Another version of English pidgin?
It's not really like another version.It's just different.We usually call it mboko pidgin.Because it is mixed with words from mboko and pidgin.This is why most Nigerians wouldn't understand it.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2018
Rexia:

It's not really like another version.It's just different.We usually call it mboko pidgin.Because it is mixed with words from mboko and pidgin.This is why most Nigerians wouldn't understand it.
Try me they were many of my relatives in Cameron and they came back during the bakasi crises they brought back what my dad called Bad pidgin grin and I picked it up somehow. So Abegi yan us small Mboko pidgin make dis Bayelsa boy hear.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2018
Sinistami:

Try me they were many of my relatives in Cameron and they came back during the bakasi crises they brought back what my dad called Bad pidgin grin and I picked it up somehow. So Abegi yan us small Mboko pidgin make dis Bayelsa boy hear.
A say eh ma paddy man you dey na how? You monch na weti do mornin time?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2018
Rexia:

WUS kain news na
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2018
Sinistami:

WUS kain news na
WUS mean say weti?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Nicheey(m): 3:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
Rexia:
lol this one pass me,biko jejely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by mayblossom(f): 9:56am On Feb 28, 2018
Interesting!!!
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
Nicheey:

lol this one pass me,biko jejely
Hahahahaha!!! You didn't understand what I wrote?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rexia(f): 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2018
mayblossom:
Interesting!!!
What's interesting?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Sinistami(m): 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2018
Cameroon pidgin is like a different but related language to naija pidgin they both share the same mother language English. I Iiking it to the relationship of urhobo and Isoko to Edo their mother language and Spanish and Portuguese to their mother language Latin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Myrahv: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2018
Hi!! I'm not Nigerian but I want to know if the lyrics to Yemi Alade's song 'Africa' are Nigerian Pidgin English:
Biko weruya wayo - wayaka (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPEntGix4M from 1:14-1:18)
Can someone help me translate them and tell me which language it is? Biko means please in Ibo right? But the rest I don't know...
Thank you!!
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Rathasbaby1: 2:19am On Apr 26, 2018
Oga this one wey your sign post dey highway na your Estate be that?

Yes oo, na me get am

What does this mean?
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by Nicheey(m): 2:10am On May 28, 2018
Rathasbaby1:
Oga this one wey your sign post dey highway na your Estate be that?

Yes oo, na me get am

What does this mean?

You jUst talk am na.You wan dey ask again ni
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings by HALBRIZZ(m): 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Dear Nairalanders,

This is my hustle, patronize or refer us to someone.

There are dozens of freight shipping companies in Lagos. How do you find out which one will serve and best protect your interest? One company you can rely on to take care of all your shipping solutions is Halbrizz Global. You can't go wrong when you let Halbrizz be your freight (Sea & Air) provider. We've have been around for some times handling freight shipping, cargo clearance with utmost professionalism in Nigeria.

Why don't you just walk into our office or call us on 07017171076 or visit us on #Halbrizz or www.halbrizzenergy.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! / Ogun Awon Bàba Wa / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.