Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing (6514 Views)

My Experience With An Online Fraudster / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing by sexylogan(m): 6:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
kambili,
You fell for the wrong person bt im glad that you're moving on with your life. Whether or nt this sort of thing happens more wen nigerian men are involved is another issue. My prayer for u is that u meet the man of your dreams that will be true to you.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing by olaboy1: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2012
The exclusivity of heart shattering escapades of Nigerian men should be put aside for research purpose vis a vis their black american counterparts, for the sake of this thread, i still maintain no heartbreak should be considered bigger than the other just so to prove on NL that Nigerian men are monumental heart-breakers. but seriously ask Nigerian women who are married to nigerian men if the guys are this terrible as portrayed by western women, am also surprised these women who live in a society of 70% failure in civil partnership/marriage are on NL holding nigerian men up for accounting for less than 2% of these failures - i tink something is not right.
I am not here to defend our men, but to opine that western women should desist from holding only nigerian men for their misfortune and learn to look at the bigger picture, and one more thing, europe is been run on software making it possible for the women to sing same song, stand on same ground and reach same conclusion about nigerian men, is this another western plot to drag our image in the mud.
who is capable of committing more crime? nigerians aight?
who is capable of committing aggravated heart-break? nigerians aight?
who is capable of rape? nigerians aight?
wonder when nigerian men will be let off the radar
please OP start another thread harping on the good things our brodas have done and stop running us down like we are the worst creatures on this planet.
how about a german couple (married for decades) who picks up a nigerian guy at the club, only to get home asking the gentleman to make out with his wife while the husband watches. for heavens sake i feel the west has done more damage than any part morally, economically, socially and enviromentally.
if anyone finds nigerian men more callous and undeserving, try your own lot and when poo happens pls still come back to post on NL.
a western woman would cheat on a helpless immigrant, break up with him and still confirm with immigration if he has been deported and guess how they ask immi (i hope the idiot has been deported back to his god forsaken continent). i have spoken with several immigrants and a lot of dem have given various unpalatable accounts with some of their hopeless european women, and am so shocked at the clean moral cap some of these women wear to NL to make faceless and aimless generalizations about nigerian men, although OP sounds very responsible and one of the very few good eggs (yes i said it, one of very few).
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing by kambili190: 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ola_boy:

I get your point and I agree with you. I am not here to claim that all Nigerian men are terrible. I just came here to share my experience and by doing it I learned a lot. An I truly believe that there are lots of Nigerian men that are real men and deserve a lot of respect.

however, the divorce rate is not at 70% and I hope it never will. however, this development is not anything we're proud of. but honestly, any country that makes economical progress has to face this problem. the more independence there is for males as well as females the more divorces. and I believe that African countries will have to face the same problem sooner or later.

as I said: I am not saying that Nigerian men are all terrible. and I agree that there are also horrible Western women. I also believe that I am not innocent concerning what happened to me with my ex. I should have known better but I prefered to deceit myself and think that a criminal who has babies from different women withoutbeing married to them, would be a good boyfriend for me. indeed, he treated me very well and that's why I stayed until I discovered that I am not the only one. whatever!

forget about my experience: me alone, I am not responsible for your bad reputation. if Nigerian men don't stop to marry a wife in Africa and another in Europe, for example, you will have to read more of these stories.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing by LordReed(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2012
@kambili
Despite all of that it is not enough to label Nigerian men. South Africa has high incidence of murder nobody labels them as murders even the US same thing. A famous Nollywood actress who lives here in Nigeria is divorcing her 'Whitey' husband meanwhile she had previously said she's glad she didn't marry a Nigerian. The fact is crime and misbehaviour will occur anywhere there are humans it does not follow any nationality. We might have nationalities that are famous for certain things eg. Sicilians and organised criime, Jamaicans and drugs but its not enough to label everyone you as such.
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing by olaboy1: 8:31am On Jan 11, 2012
I remember using the word heartless for european women on this thread, i was actually looking for this story below for some weeks now to buttress that. Take your time to read this story and share your thoughts here.

http://kenyastockholm.com/2009/09/29/swedish-woman-esacpes-to-france-with-kenyans-baby/
Re: My Experience With A Nigerian Man - Questions Existing by kambili190: 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ola_boy

a sad story but we both don't know what really happened. because of the language used, I doubt that credibility of the source. and even if someone tried to tell the truth, the truth is not really objective, it depends on perspective.

let's say, the story is true! it could be true!

well, what can I say? always the same! some guys need papers and make babies with strangers. they shouldn'T be so surprised if it all doesn't work out and they meat a European who does not share any values with them because a decent European woman will not risk to get a child under these circumstances. there is nothing against helping the man you have fallen in love with to get his papers but there are different ways to do so. a decent woman will not get a baby by a stranger, in such cases most often without a job to feed this baby. most European and Africans who get a baby together for papers do it quickly without finding out if they fit together. they barely know each other. they don't get to know each other's families, each other's character, values, past, belief, at the end, everyone is disappointed and the children grow up in broken homes sad

however, you're right! women like this exist but they are not the majority. this is what I can say from experience. however, if you meet a woman who gets a foreign boyfriend and barely knowing him is ready to do anything for hoim, expect the worst! there are exceptions but they are exceptions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Flirt With Girls -dating Tips For Get Sexy Women / My Friend Fingered His GF And Came To Me Outside To Put his Finger In My Nose! / SHOCKING: You Won't Believe What Girls Are Doing Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.