Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? (1270 Views)

Children Are Powerful Logical Thinkers: My Experience / She Confess To Her Husband, Now........ / Please Help!who Do I Confess To,pastor Or My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 7:17am On Dec 31, 2011
I never had in mind to start this thread. I was opening a thread for our friend "Perx" and mistakenly posted his thread twice and in order to correct that and remove one of the threads out of the section. I decided to turn one into another thread----this is what gave rise to this thread.

The Xmas gift (we were all given by a young man who weighed down by frustrations killed himself) did not give us the joy a gift was supposed to bring instead it had us feeling sad. It was a touching and sad occurrence that when viewed from different angles leaves one with great food for thought. I was very concerned about the fact that this young man concluded that "everything he sets his hands on fails" which is seriously a very negative way of thinking. I truly feel his frustrations, he must have gone through many difficulties that hurt him deeply but one thing we must never do is declare or profess negativity over our life like that.

I have come across a colleague at the work place that was using that line of "Everything he sets his hands on fails" and because that did not sound right in my ear tried my best to dissuade him from such extreme negativity. This very person still went running to a prayer house to seek solution and matters were worsened because he was further confused with a declaration by the pastor lady minister that his mother wants to kill him which he also swallowed and believed thus shackling himself more in a web of negativity.

I agree that we should affirm and think positively at all times even when we can't see positives around us. Our words affect our lives a great deal.
A school mate of mine was involved in an accident so fatal and the injury she sustained so serious that she was told that she may never walk again. This lady refused to believe that negative statement and fought hard months after months of being bedridden, put her heart into the therapy programme of gaining movement and slowly and surprisingly started moving from baby steps to full movement and today walks without aid.

Do you have instances where positive thinking uplifted persons and brought positive things into their lives? You can share with us. Let us celebrate positivity and the power of positive thinking.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 1:50am On Jan 01, 2012

Post deleted for some reasons. I shared this good news
out of joy and happiness but have cause to delete it.

I appreciate much that you are happy for me.
May God keep blessing us all.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by 2mch(m): 2:21am On Jan 01, 2012
Congratulations to you and happy new year. cheesy

@OP

It is a fact that whatever you profess with your mouth, especially when you continuously do so it begins to manifest itself in your life. The mind interprets what ever we believe and it becomes part of our life. The mind is a very powerful force. That is why we must speak positivity into our lives every day. When we do so, we have faith and belief and can move mountains. The tongue is a very dangerous organ. This is why i avoid negative people, it is infectious. I have heard somewhere that when you say negative things or profess negative things on yourself or your life some demons are somewhere saying "Amen". kiss
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 2:48am On Jan 01, 2012
@2mch
Bless you brother, May the year be beautiful for you.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by ShyOne(f): 4:29am On Jan 02, 2012
Ivy

I am soo thrilled for you, I am so happy for you, Yes, words are powerful.  You can malign yourself, it is very critical that a person be careful what comes from their mouth.

Everything that you wish on others, becomes your own prison.  That is SPIRITUAL LAW.  That is why I AVOID negatives and constant bitterness that I see others imbibe in without thought for tomorrow, unaware they ignorantly dig their own graves; yet they continue to go around emitting drama.  Their foulness they think they are directing at others, it bounces back and settles deep and ferments deeply in their own home.  What they put out of their mouth at others, settles back on themselves and their own household, mates and offspring.

When 2 or more are gathered, becomes your reality.  That is why the Bible stresses, when 2 or more are gathered "IN MY NAME" - In God's name.  Because God knows the SPIRITUAL LAW.  You can either talk up your blessing and your own demise and your own ruin.

I TOTALLY BELIEVE THIS and try to stay positive 90% of the time and it is reflected in my life, my blessings, my gifts, my healings, etc.

Kisses and hugs - girlfriend.  Kisses and hugs.

A happy New Year it will most definitely be.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 5:11am On Jan 02, 2012
Happy new year to you dear. Lots of hugs to you too.

Girl what can I say? You said it all--you always have a way with words.
You must take up professional motivational speaking, you are one eloquent lady!

I did send you a mail yesterday, check your box okay
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by ShyOne(f): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
^^^^

Will check right now, did not check email the past days. You to, wishing you a happy New Year as well.

Loving your posts, your directives and advice. Keep em coming, Keep em coming!!!
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thanks Babes, you too.
Your own comments come in season as in it doesn't always come but when Shy-one speaks everybody knows Shy-one has spoken.
If it isn't followed by some goose-bumping/thought-provoking silence, it is followed by uproars  grin grin

In the words of Albert Einstein Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds---Lol
I mustn't laugh out loud lest I get bombed with words--- grin  grin
Girl those stuffs are not in my character one bit. I love my peace but when my dignity or that of others around me gets matched upon, I arise to it.
Just do me a favour and quit reading sickening posts of some sick people and your life is healthier. Mark my word for it.
The words they type are their sword, daggers and bombs. These weapons can only reach the targets who read them. Once you don't go absorbing it by reading it, you are safe from those weapons of words.
Let's live happily while awaiting another technology that can enable some bitter persons shoot others down with a gun through the internet until then no weapons of words can penetrate me here.  wink wink grin cool
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by ifyalways(f): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
Congrats Ivynwa.

May the new year be beautiful and fruitful for you.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
ifyalways:

Congrats Ivynwa.
May the new year be beautiful and fruitful for you.

Nnenne thanks o.
Wishing you the best of this year -o-o Amen.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by freecocoa(f): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
Chei IVY, udara gi acha go, biko elozokwana'm mgbe iga na ata ego gi.

Congrats girl and happy new year to you,it started out great already,it'll always be joy filled for you.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Sissy3(f): 1:40am On Jan 03, 2012
"D[i][/i]eath and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Proverb 18:21

Happy New year Ify and to you all kiss
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by ifyalways(f): 4:38am On Jan 03, 2012
~Sissy~:

"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Proverb 18:21

Happy New year Ify and to you all kiss
Happy new year to you dear.
2012 shall be beautiful for us ALL.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 4:56am On Jan 03, 2012
@Ifyalways
Nne biko gbaghara Perx biko. Nwatakiri ahu na agabiga a lot and is there sharing her deep pains with us.
She said that she has come here to talk it out and it wasn't looked into---maybe nobody noticed the thread then.
Now that she is here leaning on us we should give her emotional support and bear with the pain that must have
made her talk like that. She is very delicate right now and needs to be pampered with care as a little word can
upset her.

It was nice you didn't reply in anger, you were only asking where she lives and I know that maybe you had in
mind to visit her which will be great for her before she expressed herself like that. Let us see beyond her words
and remember her pains and wish to be healed. Whatever you had in mind to do for her, it is God you are doing it for.
Don't let her harsh words stop you okay Baby.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 5:01am On Jan 03, 2012
Cocoa Nwa,
Nnee pray with me -o-o, if we pray together we will enjoy together for sure.
Happy new year to you and to everybody. It is going to be a beautiful year for us all. Amen.
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ivy tell me y goodness won't surround you,gal do little and acheive mighty has bin stamped in your destiny.I continue to preach dat positive reinenforcements is crucial wen dealing with d negativity life might bring forth.I worry not about you cus u hold the key to my philosophy,cobras no dier prey but its left for the prey to prove its venom its thicker.Positive thinking is the only way bcus with Faith all impossibility becomes possibilities.Aren't you aware if you keep negativity in mind you'll miss everything that's coming your way.Madam nothing doseth we,upward ever backward never.

P.S- Since u don dey collabo wic Jackie chan, make sure my own pocket increase o angry angry cheesy cool cool
Re: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE WORDS YOU CONFESS OVER YOUR LIFE ARE POWERFUL? by Ivynwa(f): 6:14am On Jan 04, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Ivy tell me y goodness won't surround you,gal do little and acheive mighty has bin stamped in your destiny.I continue to preach dat positive reinenforcements is crucial wen dealing with d negativity life might bring forth.I worry not about you cus u hold the key to my philosophy,cobras no dier prey but its left for the prey to prove its venom its thicker.Positive thinking is the only way bcus with Faith all impossibility becomes possibilities.Aren't you aware if you keep negativity in mind you'll miss everything that's coming your way.Madam nothing doseth we,upward ever backward never.

P.S- Since u don dey collabo wic Jackie chan, make sure my own pocket increase o angry angry cheesy cool cool

Hahahaha grin grin
You are such a darling, your sense of humour had me loving you eternally------- kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

School In Ibadan / In Need Of A Mentally Matured Xtian Lady For A Serious Business Relationship / Story Of Ogochukwu(voice From The Grave ) Was Fabricated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.