Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Where Is Funmi Adams? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Is Funmi Adams? (43258 Views)

Where Is Funmi Adams? / I Miss Funmi Adams... Where On Earth Is She? / Where Is Funmi Adams Et Al ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Funmi Adams? by bennnie(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2007
NAIRALANDERS PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE CURRENT LOCATION OF FUNMI ADAMS ,A FEMALE SONGSTRESS WHO WAS VERY POPULAR IN THE LATE 80'S AND EARLY 90'S.SHE SANG SUCH BEAUTIFUL HITS LIKE 'NGERIA ,MY BELOVED COUNTRY", MA ROMO SERERE, "NNEM O" "OMODE", ALL WE NEED IS LOVE AND OTHERS
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by suze(f): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2007
Yeah , i wonder where she is is too.

Her most popular song was the hausa song: "Akanye yaro'
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 12, 2007
i heard one time she is dead. I'm not 100% certain
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by suze(f): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2007
dead shocked

eeeeweeewewo, yebariba samboribobo shocked shocked
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
Please you guys should confirm firstoooo. shocked shocked
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by shehun(f): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2007
nairalanders are so funny,pls u guys should confirm.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by rite2salas(m): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2008
[size=16pt]Hey guys i gat the complete CD of FUNMI ADAMS, i jus made of of her songs into a video
here's the youtube link tho  smiley smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8&feature=player_embedded

Email : ryte2salas@hotmail.com if u want the CD grin grin cheesy cheesy
[/size]

update : youtube deleted my originial account , but heres a dude who saved the video from youtube jst before my account was deleted!
New youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
rite2salas: [size=16pt]Hey guys i gat the complete CD of FUNMI ADAMS, i jus made of of her songs into a video
here's the youtube link tho  smiley smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8&feature=player_embedded

Email : ryte2salas@hotmail.com if u want the CD grin grin cheesy cheesy
[/size]

update : youtube deleted my originial account , but heres a dude who saved the video from youtube jst before my account was deleted!
New youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8

Pls can u send me a download link on where i can get the other songs she sang?
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by eazydadon: 3:46am On Jun 25, 2013
I have been trying to get information about her whereabout on the internet but to no avail. My guess is that if she's still alive she wouldn't withdraw from the social scene just like that. Anybody where I can download OMODE by he. U can contact me on bbm 32304a04
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 7:26am On Jul 04, 2013
I have been searching and searching for info about her too.
Pls does anyone know where I can get her video clips? The video cassette we had at home has been damaged by a lot of dust (of course it's over 20 years tape).
And I can't find any of her videos on YouTube.
Pls anyone that has her video should kindly upload to youtube.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2013
eazydadon: I have been trying to get information about her whereabout on the internet but to no avail. My guess is that if she's still alive she wouldn't withdraw from the social scene just like that. Anybody where I can download OMODE by he. U can contact me on bbm 32304a04
I thinke we need to contact Nta they will have th mastertape and can be re-downloaded to cd/vcd formart or what do u think??
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 10:03am On Jul 08, 2013
OCTAVO: I have been searching and searching for info about her too.
Pls does anyone know where I can get her video clips? The video cassette we had at home has been damaged by a lot of dust (of course it's over 20 years tape).
And I can't find any of her videos on YouTube.
Pls anyone that has her video should kindly upload to youtube.

I thinke we need to contact Nta they will have th mastertape and can be re-downloaded to cd/vcd formart or what do u think?? And also try to clean d video cassete with a video cleaner,pls do it n gt back to us if its showing
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 12:16am On Jul 10, 2013
I heard she was a Teacher back to then, but I don't know how true, that is.
But in her track "Nigeria my beloved country" she made use of students of Kings College Lagos and some other schools. One of those students then Should know something about her. Probably her family or relations.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2013
warrenweste:

I thinke we need to contact Nta they will have th mastertape and can be re-downloaded to cd/vcd formart or what do u think?? And also try to clean d video cassete with a video cleaner,pls do it n gt back to us if its showing

Video cassette damaged beyond repair.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 3:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
OCTAVO: I heard she was a Teacher back to then, but I don't know how true, that is.
But in her track "Nigeria my beloved country" she made use of students of Kings College Lagos and some other schools. One of those students then Should know something about her. Probably her family or relations.

I dont think shes a teacher but i knw she has strong ties with the babangidas cos maryams daughter was in the video when it was shot in btw 1989/1990 acording to this source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8 i think the only situation now is to go to NTA for it,i tried goign to nta ibadan but i wasnt given proper audience as they were more particular on whether i wana advertise with them so pls if u can try NTA of the state you re am sure they will have useful info about her and as to how we can get the video cassette..and pls let me know the outcome of your research..thanks

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
warrenweste:

I dont think shes a teacher but i knw she has strong ties with the babangidas cos maryams daughter was in the video when it was shot in btw 1989/1990 acording to this source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBAoRf1O6m8 i think the only situation now is to go to NTA for it,i tried goign to nta ibadan but i wasnt given proper audience as they were more particular on whether i wana advertise with them so pls if u can try NTA of the state you re am sure they will have useful info about her and as to how we can get the video cassette..and pls let me know the outcome of your research..thanks
The only credible NTA station that can give valuable information is NTA2 Lagos because that was the headquarters before it was moved to Abuja. And I'm presently not in Lagos.
Also, some old southwestern NTA stations created in the 70's like NTA Ilorin and NTA Ibadan e.t.c should have her tapes. Anyone in any of these locations can help.
I hope we can come up with something good about this.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
How I wish that video was the original. I was in Primary school when that song came out. It gets me emotional whenever I listen to it. I seriously feel like crying for Nigeria. Little did we know then that Nigeria was a lot better!
It's only in Nigeria that the past is a lot better than the future economically.
Over 20 years back, Hmmmmmmmm God bless Nigeria!

6 Likes

Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by eazydadon: 1:15am On Jul 11, 2013
I don't think NTA will be willing to give out a copyright material to a third party even if they have it. I think we should try old record sellers.or betterstill, radio music presenters to can be of help.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2013
OCTAVO:
The only credible NTA station that can give valuable information is NTA2 Lagos because that was the headquarters before it was moved to Abuja. And I'm presently not in Lagos.
Also, some old southwestern NTA stations created in the 70's like NTA Ilorin and NTA Ibadan e.t.c should have her tapes. Anyone in any of these locations can help.
I hope we can come up with something good about this.
Well you re rite even though have tried going to NTA ibadan before but they were more interested in me giving thems,but will try and go back there most of the pple I knw want bribe but this time I won't worry and will bribe them so as to gt me that mastertape because locating old record sellers aint easy but am 100% sure nta ibadan and nta lagos has the mastertapes and useful info abt her the problem is locating their directhav mailed the primary school they shot part of the video and waitng to hear from the girl who happen to be the propertior's daughter(though nt sure but tryn out)so will gt back to u whatever I can gather I hope u can also work on it there..thanks
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2013
warrenweste:
Well you re rite even though have tried going to NTA ibadan before but they were more interested in me giving thems,but will try and go back there most of the pple I knw want bribe but this time I won't worry and will bribe them so as to gt me that mastertape because locating old record sellers aint easy but am 100% sure nta ibadan and nta lagos has the mastertapes and useful info abt her the problem is locating their directhav mailed the primary school they shot part of the video and waitng to hear from the girl who happen to be the propertior's daughter(though nt sure but tryn out)so will gt back to u whatever I can gather I hope u can also work on it there..thanks
Wow, that's nice to hear. I read most of the comments on her youtube clip and I was like wow!!! This woman has a lot of fans.
A guy posted there that he was in the making of the video when it was shot, but I don't know how we can reach the guy, he might have some valuable info.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2013
OCTAVO: How I wish that video was the original. I was in Primary school when that song came out. It gets me emotional whenever I listen to it. I seriously feel like crying for Nigeria. Little did we know then that Nigeria was a lot better!
It's only in Nigeria that the past is a lot better than the future economically.
Over 20 years back, Hmmmmmmmm God bless Nigeria!

I soo much it was d original video as well,I was in primary school too then and I remember sitting infront of my tv and singing it with joy,I miss all her song a lot then its sad that nta doesn't show all. Her songs again,d last time I saw it was 5years ago n I remember hw I use to dance to the song mama..and omode o....those songs really inspired my life while growing up...and was instrumental in making me knw what was right and wrong..I pray she's still alive and hope we can gt the video its just 23years ago since she relased it tht was 1990...it achieved a Gold status instantly....and am sure for selling ova tht much then many pple still. Has the video...wish all these alaba bois could help make it to CD/vcd format..and yea nigeria was much better then than now...but I believe the country will still be good...God bless us all and God bless funmi adams wherever she is...and pls let's both work together to unover her works

1 Like

Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by eazydadon: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
I wish us luck finding her and uncovering her evergreen inspirational and motivational songs.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
Finally, I think I've found someone that have her video. But we are far apart.
Imagine, my best friend has been in possession of this video and I never knew it.
I'll keep you guys posted when I get the VHS.
But guys, how one convert the VHS to VCD or DVD format?

1 Like

Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by eazydadon: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2013
Wow.. That sounds cool, good work man. I think it can be converted in any music studio, there are many of them in lagos if you are in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2013
OCTAVO: Finally, I think I've found someone that have her video. But we are far apart.
Imagine, my best friend has been in possession of this video and I never knew it.
Wooooooow really,God will so much bless you for this Good news..all these local studio converts vhs to vcd n mp4 in 30mins/1hur soo many of the studios scattered around town..pls try to update us..and waiting for your reply
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by Amyr: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Where is she?
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
OCTAVO: Finally, I think I've found someone that have her video. But we are far apart.
Still waiting for ur update on d cassete conversion
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
Amyr: Where is she?
We dunno yet.do u have any of her old works?
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by OCTAVO: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
warrenweste:
Still waiting for ur update on d cassete conversion
The person hasn't travelled over to where I stay.
Maybe in the space of two weeks sha.
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
OCTAVO:
The person hasn't travelled over to where I stay.
Maybe in the space of two weeks sha.
Alrite then will be patiently waitng cheesy
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 11:08am On Aug 26, 2013
warrenweste:
Alrite then will be patiently waitng cheesy

Still waiting ocatvo
Re: Where Is Funmi Adams? by warrenweste(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
Still waiting ocatvo..I hope u havnt forgtn..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs / Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.