Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

An Insight Of Nigeria: By Kpac - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Insight Of Nigeria: By Kpac (453 Views)

CBN Gives Insight Into Why States Can’t Pay Salaries / Insight: Why Nigeria's Restive Oil Region Will Only Accept Jonathan - YAHOO NEWS / Mutiny In The Sahel an insight into operation Zaman Lafiya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Insight Of Nigeria: By Kpac by Kpac(m): 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
Chapter One

EDUCATION

I have carefully listed and analyzed all Nigeria's present problems,  A long list i have, 128 in total,  and that to me is a proof why Nigeria is listed as an developing nation.

Being in the list of developing nation, Nigeria is also listed as majors in lists such as Corruption list, High Mortality Rate, Low returns on Investment, Child abuse, Poor Human Rights etc. The only list i know Nigerians can boast of as a positive is being in the list of Oil producing countries and the world's fifth largest producer as Crude Oil.

I have come to a arguable conclusion that the greatest of Nigeria's problem and the root of every other problem in my list is EDUCATION. The percentage of the illiterates in Nigeria is of a greater percentage for this country to develop. The "majors of the society", who are involved in everything as daily measures of the efficiency of Government are illiterates, by this; i mean the Public Drivers, Vulgarizers, Mechanics, Petty Traders, Union Workers, Okada Riders etc. Annoying is the fact that the few percentage of Nigerians who have attended Primary, Secondary Schools and Higher Institution are also poorly educated, some were cheats throughout their schooling periods and would hardly remember any topic in courses they excelled in while at school, few of those who have gone to Higher Institutions have been "De-Educated" gradually because they mingled with core illiterates, probably worked for them and made to live like their hosts.

It is shameful, painful and dainty that the greater percentage of Nigerian Youths as analyzed above are either illiterates, Poorly educated or "De-Educated". With such disgusting facts of our fallen education standards, these youths have also lost Morals, Honesty and Dignity. I say, without education or morals, a society would surely be servicing chaos and unrest all through its days.

A football club that does not have an effective academy, would not have any good player in its academy, such club would therefore be in crises sooner than later. Nigeria like such football club, have misplaced youths and therefore should not expect any policy to reach its desired goal, no matter the sincerity, no matter the alacrity.

Despite this shortcoming, Nigeria have to fill up its public offices with qualified officers, hence the lucky rich in our society have gone out of the country to buy their ways in foreign Higher Institutions and have come back with a well cultured, attractive certificate profile. A cross section of our senators, representatives reveals a hopeless, patchy situation this country have gotten into. In advanced countries, their senate and representative houses contains honest, truthful, experienced men and women, similar to what we see in the Senates of Universities like University of Ilorin, University of Lagos, University of Ibadan etc,  In Nigeria, our senators and representatives are by-products and their discussions are so unreliable and unrelenting. These people are mean, callous and wicked. They are fat people who have occupied all positions that would have brought hope for Nigerians and worse still, all sensitive committees, meant to investigate, alleviate and reward are made up of these dubious people and that makes Nigeria a country with no hope for development, at least not for now,

Lack of education in Nigeria is a menace of many years and it has gradually, successfully modified Nigerian's ways of life, methods of thoughts and pattern of reactions to all that has befallen this nation. They Vote and they never realize they can remove, they build and never realize they can destroy and armed with Religion as a tool, they have all looked to the sky waiting for a miracle for their anomalies.

Chapter 2 follows later,

(1) (Reply)

The Real Goodluck Jonathan / Nigerians And Their Foolish Way Of Protesting.fighting Among Themselves / Under Pressure, Jonathan Summons Emergency Fec Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.