Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls (7921 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / Nigerian Prospective Medical Interns 2017 / What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by fateavon4u(f): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
Hi Nl's,happy new year.my bff got admitted into one of d eastern state uni to study information science.we dnt no wht info sci is(never heard of it b4),so we will like what d course is abt,d core subjects involved nd wht r d job opportunities after school?.thanks in advance.
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by chamber2(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2012
i guess it's Imsu grin

It's just library sci and nothing more.

Just google library sci and you will get to know what the course is all about.

In terms of job prospects i can't really say much because Nigeria doesn't have much libraries as such. However, he could still get a job in media houses;print and electronic media.
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by yamakuza: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2012
Oil Companies and Law Firms also employ Library Scientists.

Let him just add computer certification in database mgt along the way sha.
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by fateavon4u(f): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
Thanks,chamber2.u r rite abt d sch too, lmao,
Yamakuza,thanks alot,d fact dat there is even any job opening is good news to us, lmao, i just thnk d oil companies opening is far fetched.a job in media is just fine, lmao,dnt u thnk?, lmao,,.thanks,guys.
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by chamber2(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Getting a job these days is all about strategy, not really what you studied. I have a school mate who studied a course in education there in Imsu and today she is a big girl in one of the big multinational companies in 9ja. Most of us who studied what could be termed ''lucrative'' courses are still struggling to hit it big, even with masters degree.

So, i think the emphasis has shifted a bit. Your bf has to therefore design approaches on how to hit the corporate world real big after his studies.

Just as yamakuza said, your bf should take IT certifications before he graduates. He could consider taking courses in Information Security, Database mgt etc.

I happen to have friends who studied library and info sci at Imsu. One of them is working with one of the big law firms in lagos, the other has taken the academic line; doing masters and PhD.

So, let your guy design his strategies now before he graduates.
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by fateavon4u(f): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2012
Thanks,chamber2.FYI BFF means best friend forever nt bf like we all no, lmao, good morning!
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by pinkpony: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pls admin add me to the whatssap group 07038460658..thanks
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by Alliswell2015: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
My name is Brown Adeniran,I finished from Olabisi Onabanjo University, B.sc Economics, served in Edo State! Email-adeniranbrown@yahoo.com,adeniranbrown@gmail.com. phone no-08068835064,08026353319!I suffered looking for jobs!eventually God helped me with these-
Am giving you an opportunity to access this site,especially for those looking for jobs or opportunities for extra income, it is on database management for schools primary & secondary!you can make a lot for getting a sole proprietor or more to start using it!you can send your mail and I canMy birthday is tomorow am tense and very greatful to God Almighty,Plz dont just wish me well tomorrow but take time to thank the Almighty God for my life! The best gift you can give me tomorrow is to win a soul for Christ and bless some1 who needs help
God bless you all always forward you the proposal!all you need is your laptop,iPad,smart phones,internet connection! Either for presentation or for the training!
The training cost is very cheap&affordable
Demo.swiftgrade.com
Schools we have done for olofps.swiftgrade.com,hicc.swiftgrade.com etc.
Call for the user name&password,to show you are interested it is simply free!
What app no-08026353319,bbmpin 532f357f!
My major reason of doing this is help some youth suffering at least to earn your daily bread!
It doesn't necessarily mean you must be a computer expert am not,just the basics is OK!
Hope to hear from you soon,opened 24/7!
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by CharlieBee: 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Can you please give us a rough estimate of costs?
Re: Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls by Olufemisamuel: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2018
I am a libray and information science student studying at uniport, I have come to realize the importance of IT skills in the practice of library and information science by any library or info professional. The truth is that library and information science have so many job opportunities which i divulge in this post https://www.parrotgist.online/2024/01/librarian-salary-in-Nigeria.html. But without IT skills, you would be an ordinary librarian like in the 80's with no ground at all in the labour market

(1) (Reply)

FG To Check Hiring Of Expatriates In Place Of Nigerians / Career's Success:- Father's Disciplinary Love Versus Mother's Caring Love / Buhari Reappoints Alex Okoh Bureau For Public Enterprises DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.