Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Federal Min Of Finance Website - Is This A Good Baseline For Other Fg Websites? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Federal Min Of Finance Website - Is This A Good Baseline For Other Fg Websites? (872 Views)

Let's Design ur Website ,business without Corporate Website is meaningless.. / Website Is Offline!!!! / One Nigerian website is stealing my content (2) (3) (4)

Federal Min Of Finance Website - Is This A Good Baseline For Other Fg Websites? by dnative(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
http://www.fmf.gov.ng/

Came across this trawling through the net earlier.  Apologies if this has already been reviewed before but I have little time to check previous threads if this is the case. In my opinion, this looks a fairly good website with respect to 'look and feel' and basic functionalities (excluding any backend architectural analysis which I don't have the competence to validate - over to our Webmasters) - at least compared to websites of other FG agencies out there - if you've come across any better please highlight.

http://www.mpr.gov.ng/ comes close or possibly could even be adjudged better by others. With all the Petrodollars available to this Ministry, it should have been state-of-the-art website and laying a standard for the others - but unfortunately not.

Who remembered Dora's statement (as the new Minister of Information) some few years back regarding how each Ministry will have a befitting website that compares with similar websites of government agencies  all over the world? A lot of noise was made about this then and the initiative was hailed as one of the many changes Dora will bring to bear in her new portfolio considering her NAFDAC track record.  Sadly and looking back, this seems more of the typical braggadocio politicians are inclined to pass as policy statements before giving any thoughts to the viability of implementation of such.  I'm even struggling to find the website for the  Ministry of Information up till date - please post url if one exists.

Rambling thoughts

- If the Federal Ministry of Finance website is deemed a good design, it's highly likely the web developers or architects would be people with enough clout to replicate same across other FG agencies where they are bound to know people that matters to make this happen. Isn't this how it works in Naija, "look we built the FMF website and we have the references to prove it, we can do a similar project for your Ministry/agency". Why hasn't this happened or are these merely wrong presumptions on how things works in the corridors in Abuja?

- Is the Minister or Ministry of Information actually vested with the powers to regulate the web presence of all other FG agencies? If yes, someone there needs to revive, champion and lay down what Dora tried starting back then - but charity should begin from home with a baseline web design for the Federal Ministry of Information.

Blogging / Nairaland More Beneficial Than Facebook? / Hi