Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal (4200 Views)

Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters / This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) / Us Grants Nigeria Direct Flight Permit ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by delarontus(f): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2005
The Federal Government of Nigeria has inaugurated a new official web portal www.nigeria.gov.ng.

Nairaland Users are invited to visit this site and offer their comments and suggestions in order to improve the site and the image of Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by omon(m): 6:05pm On Jul 13, 2005
I particularly like the fact that you can listen to FRCN and watch NTA news. It will be better if they will be able to display live onlinestreams of NTA programmes as well, that will be fun. They should also work on those links that don't work.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2005
Chai !! I taught it was contracted to Microsoft. The website is not even Browser Friendly. I am using Mozzilla Firefox.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2005
What's wrong with the site, it won't let me click on somethings. When did Nigeria get social security?? rolleyes I saw something social security on it, so does everyone now have social security numbers or wat?
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2005
You mean the national identity project. Its been there for a while, since IBB's time, if i am not mistaken. Well i dont know how far the implentation process has gone, but as far as i know its not going to work. Its just one of those things..................
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2005
I mean the national security part. Go to the About Nigeria, and click national security.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2005
It has to do with securing the nation, by equipping the military with all gadgets needed to protect Nigeria. It has nothing has to do with identity whatsoever.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2005
Crap. They should give everyone and ID and national security number. Nigeria needs one of those.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2005
well Nigeria really does need one, but its not feasible.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2005
ha. i am sure 1 person would get 4 social security numbers. rolleyes Stupid people that is.

Do you realise how so many people change their names everyday in that country?
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 8:16pm On Jul 13, 2005
Well i know people with 3 Nigerian passports. smiley. Well yeah in the newspapers.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 8:18pm On Jul 13, 2005
You see... Nigeria needs these things.

Jesus, Good leadership, strong military, good judges and court rooms, social security, ID, Free elementary and high schools, and financial aids and scholarships for college students.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2005
Amen!
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2005
what do you think of rebranding nigeria heart of africa, i.e. www.heartofafrica.com

i thought that was congo's position. anyway, its worth it to try to remake the country's image
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2005
the site you gave me is coming soon.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2005
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2005
ohkay.. cheesy I see. Good.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by Greatpeter(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2005
Delarontus, God bless you for this information.
I now listen to Radio Nigeria on the web in my office.

Sweet!
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by Hunter(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2005
looks good though the heading seems a little too tall, maybe it is just me wink
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2005
that site has options for every language in the world, but nigerian languages
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by hotangel2(f): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2005
haha..obong isn't that weird? Nigerian sites no nigerian languages.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 7:49am On Aug 21, 2005
it doesnt render its own language (content translation is done by another site) and it looks very unprofessional.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by Seun(m): 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2005
They probably shouldn't have bothered with other languages apart from French!
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by joftech(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2005
the language translation is a service from www.worldlingo.com and i think the language options that were available are predefined by worldlingo.

as per nigerian language, i think it will be a good option if someone can volunteer to translate the site. the site i think was meant to showcase nigeria to the outside world.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2005
what does worldlingo do? it translates every langauge out there?

seun, i disagree. I think Nigeria should strive to accomodate as many languages of our own as posible. Our langauges are dying and are not spoken anywhere else in the world. Showcasing our langauges helps build "brand" awareness, which is what that site is for anyway
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2005
100 million dollars Nigerian portal. Thats that for u. grin
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 1:57am On Aug 22, 2005
how do you know it cost $100 mil?
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 6:19am On Aug 22, 2005
Insider Information grin
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by Chxta(m): 6:48am On Aug 22, 2005
The site should have been designed with other browsers in mind. There are so many complaints I have, but they'll have to wait until I get to work.
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by Chxta(m): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2005
Another complaint: the streams provided are for only Windows based systems. That is archaic thinking!
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by obong(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2005
are you using linux or something?
Re: Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal by kazey(m): 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2005
Well try using mozilla or firefox to browse the site grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abacha’s Son Makes Inec’s Gubernatorial List In Kano / Acn Seeks Suspension Of Night Travels By Passenger Buses / FG Releases N300bn For Capital Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.