Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? (23212 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
Since the subsidy removal is all about oil, why are there no protests in the oil producing states of the SE/SS? It is strange.
All Nigerian states do fuckall and get a 100% of their upkeep from oil proceeds shared in Abuja, yet it is states that do not provide a drop of oil that are the venues of the anaemic protests we have seen so far. A very disturbing fact indeed.

No Nigerian state manufactures goods to the extent that they can feed their people. WHY?
No Nigerian state provides jobs and wellbeing. WHY?
Why would states that are basically useless and are fed by the proceeds of others go demonstrating? Are they meant to produce nothing or is the average Nigerian happy to be funded like we are disabled or lazy retards?
Why can people not see that the real problem is the fact that their states and LG's who are supposed to look to their welfare are useless and packed with thieves who are only there to steal the money that is generated from the oil producing states.

Why are people not demonstrating against your governor, if not mental and physical laziness? Why do the "revolutionaries" not think their laziness is not a major part of the reason Nigeria is undeveloped?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
Why do we mouth true federalism only to display a total lack of will to think?
I find it weird that anybody would go out and risk their lives whereas, their states produce nothing. Should we not be demonstrating instead for our states and LG's to actually begin developing instead of receiving monthly beggarly money from Abuja?

Abuja does not develop states and LG's, lets find out whose job that is.

If anyone is crying for true federalism, then let them put their money where their mouth is and cut out the hypocrisy of free gifts.

Me and mine will watch the protests on TV.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sizzlers(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
don worry soon e go start, the major reason is because people wey go protest never fin money wey dey go take come back from village
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

Since the subsidy removal is all about oil, why are there no protests in the oil producing states of the SE/SS? It is strange.
All Nigerian states do fuckall and get a 100% of their upkeep from oil proceeds shared in Abuja, yet it is states that do not provide a drop of oil that are the venues of the anaemic protests we have seen so far. A very disturbing fact indeed.

[size=18pt]No Nigerian state manufactures goods to the extent that they can feed their people. WHY?
[/size]
Why would states that are basically useless and are fed by the proceeds of others go demonstrating? Are they meant to produce nothing or is the average Nigerian happy to be funded like we are disabled or lazy retards?
Why can people not see that the real problem is the fact that their states and LG's who are supposed to look to their welfare are useless and packed with thieves who are only there to steal the money that is generated from the oil producing states.

Why are people not demonstrating against your governor, if not mental and physical laziness? Why do the "revolutionaries" not think their laziness is not a major part of the reason Nigeria is undeveloped?

Are you saying that the person that died should not have gone out just because he is not from ur region ?

So we should not protest just because we are not from the oil producing states ? yoru bigotry has not boundary

ARE YOU MAD angry angry
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2012
sizzlers:

don worry soon e go start, the major reason is because people wey go protest never fin money wey dey go take come back from village

It will never start. The protests are for lazy phuckers who cannot bear to think.
Under true federalism, there would be no subsidy, so why would Nigerians speak with two sides of the mouth? Why mouth true federalism when many are just lazy clowns?

I am yet to see anybody protesting, because their state govt is phucked and the LG chairman's office serves only as a brothel, while constituents wallow in poverty and unemployment. Do you think your governor and LG chairman were elected for decoration?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2012
Illorin protest the man that died and Beaf is making fun about

www.nairaland.com/attachments/607747_Protester_jpge5683851b414d92316bf78cf6a50d2b9
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by aljharem3: 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
One question beaf

WHO VOTED GEJ, WAS IT THE SS/SE OR NIGERIANS WHO ARE PROTESTING NOW ?

WHILE NIGERIANS HAVE MOVE FOLLOWED IN BIGOTRY, YOU, UR BIAFRAN GOONS AND GEJ ARE STILL IN THE CESSPIT OF WHO IS WHAT ETC

WHETHER HE IS SS OR SW OR SE OR NC OR NW OR NE. WHO CARES
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by efisher(m): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Beaf, you beat me to it. I was about creating this thread and my title was to be: "Rent Seekers Protest Subsidy Removal As Resource Owners Sit Back!"
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Ejine(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2012
I tried to state my own reasons on why the South-East and South-South states were never going to protest today; but before I could even finish, some weird brother Alhaji something something came in and tried to label me a tribalist for some reason (how he even got to arrive at that weird conclusion, I still cannot fathom).

But with the current situation in the aforementioned zones, I'm glad my predications have turned out to be quite accurate.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2012
@Beaf
I feel you my brother.and like u rightly say.it is share laziness for these people to think all they have is oil when in fact those who truely owned the oil are not protesting.It also shows the protest is politically motivated and I truely pray this protest lead to a break-up of the country so that they can start thinking with their head on how to produce and manufacture what can sustain them if they are so blind and mentaly lazy not to tap the resources in their states instead of depending on the FG for everything
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
efisher:

@Beaf, you beat me to it. I was about creating this thread and my title was to be: "Rent Seekers Protest Subsidy Removal As Resource Owners Sit Back!"

There is a big problem of hypocrisy in the country.
Your choice of the words, rent seekers, would have been apt as a title. It is really puzzling that people are ready to overlook the leprousy in their immediate sorroundings to seek rent from Abuja. You would think that their governors and LG chairmen who are suppossed to provide grassroots development and employment were elected as decorations whose only job is to get free oil money from Abuja. How can Nigeria ever develop with such attitudes?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Demdem(m): 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2012
From my observation the people are basically suffering and smiling. they are definately feeling the brunt of this draconian policy also and it seems as if they are being suppressed. They are basically weak. i hope by the time we have a full house (PH especially where a lot of peeps that travelled are yet to return) their weakened mind will be awakened. Nlers shouldnt be deceived, the vast majority of the people here arent so happy at all with the increase.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ozin:

@Beaf
I feel you my brother.and like u rightly say.it is share laziness for these people to think all they have is oil when in fact those who truely owned the oil are not protesting.It also shows the protest is politically motivated and I truely pray this protest lead to a break-up of the country so that they can start thinking with their head on how to produce and manufacture what can sustain them if they are so blind and mentaly lazy not to tap the resources in their states instead of depending on the FG for everything

Preach, bro. cool
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Rhino5dm: 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2012
The owners of resources indeed. When TY Danjuma, OBJ, Wale Tinubu, Atiku, Mike Adenuga Dantata, IBB, and Dangote are proud owners of multiple oil blocks. Tell me one oil block owner from SS or SE. I laugh in swahili.

Thesame tactics used for rigging elections(SE'ners are 75% of Lagos, 40% in Kano, 60% in Kaduna, 60 of Jos) and when the of victims post election violence was listed South South names were missing missing on the list. Looking for sacrifial lambs at its peak if you ask me.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by cashmentor(m): 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

Why do we mouth true federalism only to display a total lack of will to think?
I find it weird that anybody would go out and risk their lives whereas, their states produce nothing. Should we not be demonstrating instead for our states and LG's to actually begin developing instead of receiving monthly beggarly money from Abuja?

Abuja does not develop states and LG's, lets find out whose job that is.

If anyone is crying for true federalism, then let them put their money where their mouth is and cut out the hypocrisy of free gifts.

Me and mine will watch the protests on TV.
Hey dude, slow down, take it easy men, u're throwing in too many issues all at once! First off, a single Man started d protest/revolution in North Africa, so why don't u take d lead, then i and every other SS & SE 'll gladly follow, Talking about states being self sufficient, every 1 loves a free gift, and oil have provided that confort zone 2 Nigerian states even when there are good soil begging 2 be utilized for Agro purposes! Our governors, and not it's people that are lazy, uncreative and as clueless as Gej right now, Agriculture in the SS, SW and Northen states, then Manufacturing and a little Agriculture, coupled with industry in the SE is the Real Deal for Nigeria, buh i wish it were so?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ Beaf, perhaps the gov should have set a maximum price(price fixing) for certain key sectors of the economy to avoid anarchy certain sections of the country are keen to ascertain via wild pricing?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by efisher(m): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
People need to start looking inwards. That is one area where Fashola leads the rest. I bet if Fashola were president, his first task as president would have been to remove the damn subsidy.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

No Nigerian state manufactures goods to the extent that they can feed their people. WHY?

Why don't you just tell your boss to convene a sovereign National conference and make Nigeria a proper federation? Why is it that, it is only times like these you remember Nigeria is a Federation!

The lack of sincerity of this government is so appalling, they keep telling Nigerians to give this up, give that up, eat cassava bread and all that. Yet, Nigerian legislators are some of the highest paid in the world, each of them taking home more money than the president of United States!

Tell your boss and the band of thieves in Abuja to give up their unearned perks. Maybe Nigerians will then listen to them on subsidy.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by MrGlobe(m): 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
Yeah, f u ck you beaf. PH protest starts tommorrow and with the seriousness in other parts of the country, it will spread to the south and east quickly. You shld rather worry abt advising GEJ on where to go to exile cuz this will surely sink him. For once am proud of Nigeria. Protest continues 2moro
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by JamesDoe: 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
Leave C@ck muncher BEAF and his sisterhood of beetches!
Deranged fools follow this phocking c@ck sucker ignorant of the stains around his mouth.
Dude, I hope you get your SS/SE caricature so you and yours can be ruled by F@cking Tw@ts like GeJ.

Speak to you phocking boss, he is obviously too cowardly to follow your views or rightly sees that you are phocking demented putrid retard.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by sizzlers(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

It will never start. The protests are for lazy phuckers who cannot bear to think.
Under true federalism, there would be no subsidy, so why would Nigerians speak with two sides of the mouth? Why mouth true federalism when many are just lazy clowns?

please explain the bold line, u mean those reputable men protesting in Abj are inclusive?
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by NegroNtns(m): 8:13pm On Jan 03, 2012
Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States?

Because SE/SS are not change agents in the political process. Leave West and North to do the job. . . . we know what to do and how to go about it. You all sit and watch how it's done. This is not downcreek politics you know!
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
Aigbofa:

Why don't you just tell your boss to convene a sovereign National conference and make Nigeria a proper federation? Why is it that, it is only times like these you remember Nigeria is a Federation!

The lack of sincerity of this government is so appalling, they keep telling Nigerians to give this up, give that up, eat cassava bread and all that. Yet, Nigerian legislators are some of the highest paid in the world, each of them taking home more money than the president of United States!

Tell your boss and the band of thieves in Abuja to give up their unearned perks. Maybe Nigerians will then listen to them on subsidy.

Firstly, GEJ is the President of Nigeria, not my boss.

Secondly, you are only revealing the very hypocrisy I am talking about. Do your state and LG require an SNG to become productive, instead of hefting a monthly begging bowl to Abuja? The hypocrisy further shows in the fact that you are ready to demonstrate for the right to FG freebies, while you willingly turn a blind eye to the fact that your state and LG do absolutely nothing for you. Do you think the FG is responsible for the development of your state and LG, and your governors job is only to collect more freebies? How will you survive after the SNG, will your state have to go into theft and fraud?

Dude, your post is a sickening example of the disgraceful, lazy-minded, hypocritically-minded atittude of many Nigerians. It is freebie loving lazy people like you that are the real problem with Nigeria and the reason we are not developed.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by omanzo02: 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is a proven evidence that if nigeria break up now it would be all out famine for SW, NC, NE, and NW. grin grin grin

This is just mere subsidy removal, well those planning a revolution should go ahead, SS and SE are planning secession.
I think a sovereign national conference is need now to readress nigeria as a whole.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
Beaf:

I would have loved to ignore this topic, but because you are just such a slimy bast*ard insistent on dragging ignorant people into a quagmire against their will, I'll voice my opinion and hopefully it will help someone make a sound decision.

First, since you asked, let me tell you what your "siddon-look" stance makes you look like to the world: A BUNCH OF PRIMITIVE SAVAGES THAT CANT SEE BEYOND TRIBE AND RELIGION! Believe it or not, when all of this is broken down to an outsider, thats how they see you. You should know, at least its been alleged that you insulted a Cameroonian National on twitter just because she "dared" involve herself in "Nigerian Affairs".

Is this struggle about Resource control (like you're now falsely trying to spin it) or is it about the hardship "Your Brother" is inflicting on the people he falsely swore to protect? Do the people of Bayelsa earn more than those in Lagos to the extent that this evil policy won't affect them? Do people in the South-South/South East earn an average of $54,000/yr or do they also struggle to get paid $60/month (N18,000) while most of your benefactors walk away with (AT LEAST)  $2.5million (N400,000,000/N400million) every year?

A couple of things are at play here and thats why action hasn't commenced in those places. 1. Tribalism/Bigotry 2.Illiteracy/Ignorance of their rights 3.Lack of Co-ordination/Organization. [b]Your [/b]people not participating in a fight that'll free them from the shackles of their slave masters just shows how badly beat-down, mentally, they are. They need emancipation, and this you know deep down in your evil heart.

Whats wrong is wrong; in the eyes of the lord and in the eyes of man! So,you can try to spin this anyhow you want, but this time the world is watching and God willing, good shall triumph over evil Once and for all.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Beaf: 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2012
[size=21pt]True federalism or hypocrisy from lazy phucks?[/size]

I de laf ooooooooooooooo!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Abagworo(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Because SE/SS are not change agents in the political process. Leave West and North to do the job. . . . we know what to do and how to go about it. You all sit and watch how it's done. This is not downcreek politics you know!

I can remember the Oshiomole and Kokori days and how hard they fought against any negative policies. I dont know for sure where Kokori is from but Adams is from Edo in South-South.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by NegroNtns(m): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
To the guy killed in Ilorin protest. . . May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

[size=14pt]That's a hero, a brave man! [/size]
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by seanet02: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
beaf the afro, SCAMMER. Na today? ROGUE
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
omanzo02:

This is a proven evidence that if nigeria break up now it would be all out famine for SW, NC, NE, and NW. grin grin grin

This is just mere subsidy removal, well those planning a revolution should go ahead, SS and SE are planning secession.
I think a sovereign national conference is need now to readress nigeria as a whole.

I will not derail the topic. But, if you think your Region will not immediately plunge into a war were you to secede, you're joking. Everyone wants your Oil, Your neighbors and outsiders alike. And if people like GEJ , Dokubo, Boyloaf and John Togo are those that'll rule you guys, then hey, what can I say? To each his own.

Personally, I hope the breakup of that fake country happens, sooner, rather than later so everyone can be in control of their own destiny.
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by Remii(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
Abagworo:

I can remember the Oshiomole and Kokori days and how hard they fought against any negative policies. [b]I dont know for sure where Kokori i[/b]s from but Adams is from Edo in South-South.

Kokori is from Delta state, I think Isoko
Re: Why Are There No Subsidy Protests In The SE/SS Oil Producing States? by auwal87(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2012
their oil is free, they vandalize and steal whatever quantity they want so they need no protest!

period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

PDP Leaders Panic Over $2bn Arms Deal - New Telegraph / $200m Halliburton Cash ‘blown On Presidential Helicopter’ / APC 'walk for change' in Osun state..........................Update (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.