Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" (1220 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel / South East PDP Caucus Resolves To Remain In Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by volasunkan: 12:18am On Jan 04, 2012
Boko Haram: Remain in the North, MASSOB tells Ndigbo
, Igbo groups too
From CHIDI NNADI, Enugu and PETRUS OBI, Enugu
Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Photo:The Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Following the three-day ultimatum given by the Islamic fundamentalist group, Boko Haram, for all Southerners to quit the North or face its wrath, the leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, has urged Ndigbo in the North not to panic and to remain wherever they are.

Uwazuruike, who gave the directive in a text message he circulated to newsmen yesterday disclosed that his group had sent out its intelligence group to the North to weigh the strength of the threat and order by the Boko Haram sect.
He, therefore, advised the Igbo in the North to remain calm and wait for the outcome of the intelligence group’s visit and further directives from MASSOB.

The MASSOB leader regretted that this challenge was coming at a time Ndigbo lost their leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu and were preparing for the burial of the former Biafran warlord.
The full text read: “I urge Ndigbo wherever they are to stay calm and be vigilant. We are aware of the present challenges confronting our people now that our leader Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu has passed on.

“However, we are watching events as they unfold and will inform Ndigbo at the appropriate time.”
Also, some Igbo groups rose from their meeting in Enugu yesterday warning that no group or organisation in the country had monopoly for violence. They said they would not submit to any form of threat by any organisation, stressing that the quiet position in the face of various provocations against her people should not be taken for a ride.

The groups, however, urged Ndigbo in various parts of the country to remain calm and law-abiding in the face of the provocations, assuring that they were fully on the monitor of developments in the country and would not compromise on anything that could derail their security.
Briefing reporters shortly after the meeting, the convener and President, Igbo Youth Movement (IYM), Elliot Uko, said as much as Ndigbo was committed to the peace and progress of the country, it would not tolerate development that could jeopardise the security of her people.
He said the meeting took particular notice of the goings on in the country and would continue to call on the Igbo to remain calm and law-abiding.
Reacting to the quit order on Christians in the North by the Boko Haram sect, Uko said it was an offshoot of the state of emergency imposed on some councils in the North by the Federal Government and called on Nigerians to ignore them.
“It is merely a show by an aggrieved few over the state of emergency imposed on their area. But let them know that we are on the monitor of these events and will not compromise on the security of our people,” he said.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 04, 2012
Buyaka Buyaka!!!!

We are sensible, tolerant and calculative. We are not known as cowards but BRAVE and WARRIORS(IJELE). We also don't act by instinct.

We are following the situation very closely; ready to sacrifice everything for our people, Ndigbo.

Igbo Kwenu! Ahu! Ahu! Ahu!
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by volasunkan: 12:41am On Jan 04, 2012
^^the man dey enugu,dey enjoy his wife's isi-ewu,dey see his own children,yet left 'his' followers in the north,when 'kasala' burst,the man will take off just like Ojukwu did.Instead of the yeye man to advise igbos to send down their wards and wives down south while they 'stay put'.Most of these semi-literate self-acclaimed igbo leaders are as dull as GEJ!even AMERICA WITH HER IMPERIAL military majesty will never advice Americans to remain in the north in the face of such serious threat to the lives of their citizens.Stupid igboman.Serious igbo leaders should make a pronouncement ASAP,most of these illiterate northern trouble makers will ride on the oil-subsidy removal protest to inflict untold consequences on the unweary igbo person,burn down their properties and kill as many igbos as possible.Just like they did after the presidential election.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by jmaine: 12:42am On Jan 04, 2012
Why Chief Ralph Uwazuruike no go North go perch till their intelligence report show . . .Any Igbo  who is stvpid enough to hid this call should have his/her self to blame when Gboa is thrown at them . . .

Actor no dey last for real life
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 04, 2012
volasunkan:

^^the man dey enugu,dey enjoy his wife's isi-ewu,dey see his own children,yet left 'his' followers in the north,when 'kasala' burst,the man will take off just like Ojukwu did.Instead of the yeye man to advise igbos to send down their wards and wives down south while they 'stay put'.Most of these semi-literate self-acclaimed igbo leaders are as dull as GEJ!even AMERICA WITH HER IMPERIAL military majesty will never advice Americans to remain in the north in the face of such serious threat to the lives of their citizens.silly igboman.Serious igbo leaders should make a pronouncement ASAP,most of these illiterate northern trouble makers will ride on the oil-subsidy removal protest to inflict untold consequences on the unweary igbo person,burn down their properties and kill as many igbos as possible.Just like they did after the presidential election.

Lets say Nigeria is pregnant.  The igbo man is neutral in this Nigeria menace. When a sleeping lion is awoken. Then Nigeria might give a birth to a MONSTER.  Just pray for this madness not to continue.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by volasunkan: 12:58am On Jan 04, 2012
Olodostein:

Lets say Nigeria is pregnant. The igbo man is neutral in this Nigeria menace. When a sleeping lion is awoken. Then Nigeria might give a birth to a MONSTER. Just pray for this madness not to continue.

In what way has this provided education to the misguided northern elements who have made prey out of igbo beings? undecided

The cheapest life in the north is Igbo life!!They consider the life of igbos fair game!!

Igbo leaders must,for once,be wise.If Nigerians can take the assurances from the IGP with a pinch of salt,how much more a colourless Uwazuruike!They must start encouraging their kith and kins to work out an exit plan in case casala burst.The first step is to move their loved ones and most valuable possessions down south or close to the south like ilorin.It is not funny.The igbos,as currently constituted,lack the capacity to protect their kith and kin in the north!
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 04, 2012
volasunkan:

In what way has this provided education to the misguided northern elements who have made prey out of igbo beings? undecided

The cheapest life in the north is Igbo life!!They consider the life of igbos fair game!!

Igbo leaders must,for once,be wise.If Nigerians can take the assurances from the IGP with a pinch of salt,how much more a colourless Uwazuruike!They must start encouraging their kith and kins to work out an exit plan in case casala burst.The first step is to move their loved ones and most valuable possessions down south or close to the south like ilorin.It is not funny.The igbos,as currently constituted,lack the capacity to protect their kith and kin in the north!

Why are you Yoruba's such coward's and spread false information?  Listen intoto, most of the people that are killed in the North are Southerners(mostly yoruba's and others) because they are too afraid to fight back and defend themselves. You wanna know why? Because your folks prefer to live amongst uneducated Hausa's in their domain, since the rent is very very very cheap in these places.  We igbo's build our own houses and have our own community- an Igbo man could live in his community for decades without even understanding the Hausa language;that is to show you how we fend for ourselves.We don't live in ugbo ndu-ugwu(meaning Hausa community) as we like to refer to them in the North.  So, whenever there is riot of some sort, it doesn't affect us. Your folks are mostly the victims because you deceive yourself in believing that You and the Hausa's are ONE.  I called that Utter illusion because they hate you people with passion(and call you Fake Muslims) and respect the Igbo man because he is Brave and does not tolerate NONSENSE.

Stop talking what you don't know about from a distant. I have lived the experience,so I know.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by volasunkan: 1:30am On Jan 04, 2012
^^^it seems you fail to understand that my angst is significantly directed at how shallow the directive is.

since you have lived the experience and yet you are still alive,pls tell me the capacity of massob to protect igbos in the north in the case of vicious attack from BH?
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 04, 2012
volasunkan:

^^^it seems you fail to understand that my angst is significantly directed at how shallow the directive is.

since you have lived the experience and yet you are still alive,pls tell me the capacity of massob to protect igbos in the north in the case of vicious attack from BH?

I don't need to tell you and you do not need to know. It is a classified information. We will know how to go about it when all hell breaks loose.

You are one hypocrite. When you categorically said that the cheapest life in the north is igbo life, I knew you are a cheap Bigot who know nothing about the North and its make up. I can list the names of local governments where riots have occurred in the North(mostly inhabited by your people) for you to know that your folks are mostly the victims. But no, I don't need to do that because I would be giving BH a critical information;that is if they don't already know yet.

Before you start a thread with your parasitic and Pharisaical attitude . Think very hard and know what you are talking about.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by NegroNtns(m): 2:21am On Jan 04, 2012
Volasunjan, I agree with you that if they are going to heed Owazuruike"s call to stay put, then they should at least send their family down to village. That way when problem start, exiting will be easy and casualty is minimized.

My Igbo brothers and sisters, abeg o. . . I be Yoruba and I want you to listen to your leader but do the wise thing. Send your pikins and them mama home now, if you want follow go with them good but if you decide to stay then all is not lost if wahala happen.

Why are you Yoruba's such coward's and spread false information? Listen intoto, most of the people that are killed in the North are Southerners(mostly yoruba's and others) because they are too afraid to fight back and defend themselves. You wanna know why? Because your folks prefer to live amongst uneducated Hausa's in their domain, since the rent is very very very cheap in these places. We igbo's build our own houses and have our own community- an Igbo man could live in his community for decades without even understanding the Hausa language;that is to show you how we fend for ourselves.We don't live in ugbo ndu-ugwu(meaning Hausa community) as we like to refer to them in the North. So, whenever there is riot of some sort, it doesn't affect us. Your folks are mostly the victims because you deceive yourself in believing that You and the Hausa's are ONE. I called that Utter illusion because they hate you people with passion(and call you Fake Muslims) and respect the Igbo man because he is Brave and does not tolerate NONSENSE.

Stop talking what you don't know about from a distant. I have lived the experience,so I know

Yoruba was never a target until Igbo started masquerading as Yoruba. WWe know Igbos that went got Yoruba face mark to avoid Hausa nmassacre. When Hausa found out and it became difficult to identify who was who they made a blanket decision to kill every Southerner.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 04, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Volasunjan, I agree with you that if they are going to heed Owazuruike"s call to stay put, then they should at least send their family down to village.  That way when problem start, exiting will be easy and casualty is minimized.

My Igbo brothers and sisters, abeg o. . . I be Yoruba and I want you to listen to your leader but do the wise thing.  Send your pikins and them mama home now, if you want follow go with them good but if you decide to stay then all is not lost if wahala happen. 

Yoruba was never a target until Igbo started masquerading as Yoruba.  WWe know Igbos that went got Yoruba face mark to avoid Hausa nmassacre.  When Hausa found out and it became difficult to identify who was who they made a blanket decision to kill every Southerner. 

You are a blatant liar. We clearly don't need your advice hypocrite.  The Hausa will first finish the yoruba's in a second before thinking of CHALLENGING the brave Agu ne je mba(  The Lions that goes to war= Ndigbo).
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by toyemz(f): 3:11am On Jan 04, 2012
@

Yoruba was never a target until Igbo started masquerading as Yoruba. We know Igbos that went got Yoruba face mark to avoid Hausa nmassacre. When Hausa found out and it became difficult to identify who was who they made a blanket decision to kill every Southerner.

whoa
that statement has got to be one of the dumbest statement ever!
Really and you know the Hausa that well?

chill my brothers chill with the Hausa you are either are or you are not
the Yoruba got a fairer deal cos there are a lot of yoruba muslims living in the north,They go to mosque together
The ibos didn't because most of them are Christians
unfortunately whatever the cause of whatever uprising there will be in the north,it will always steam down to this factor
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 04, 2012
toyemz:

@

whoa
that statement has got to be one of the dumbest statement ever!
Really and you know the Hausa that well?

chill my brothers chill with the Hausa  you are either are  or you are not
the Yoruba got a fairer deal cos there are a lot of yoruba muslims living in the north,They go to mosque together
The ibos didn't because most of them are Christians
unfortunately whatever the cause of whatever uprising there will be in the north,it will always steam down to this factor

Why do the Hausa Muslims consider the Yoruba Muslims as Fake Muslims?  They are not immune to attacks of any form. The Hausa see themselves as the ultimate and genuine ones.

We don't pray for violence sha.   

@volasunkan
Besides ,Why are the Yoruba leaders not calling for their folks to come back or be vigilant? Are they scared of provoking their Northern "Brothers"?
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by HighChief4(m): 3:38am On Jan 04, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Volasunjan, I agree with you that if they are going to heed Owazuruike"s call to stay put, then they should at least send their family down to village. That way when problem start, exiting will be easy and casualty is minimized.

My Igbo brothers and sisters, abeg o. . . I be Yoruba and I want you to listen to your leader but do the wise thing. Send your pikins and them mama home now, if you want follow go with them good but if you decide to stay then all is not lost if wahala happen.

Yoruba was never a target until Igbo started masquerading as Yoruba. WWe know Igbos that went got Yoruba face mark to avoid Hausa nmassacre. When Hausa found out and it became difficult to identify who was who they made a blanket decision to kill every Southerner.

Keep lying to yourself till they bomb the 3rd mainland bridge as threatened. The corpers that were slained are not Yorubas? Its obvious you are already scared.
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by aljharem3: 3:43am On Jan 04, 2012
High_Chief:

Keep lying to yourself till they bomb the 3rd mainland bridge as threatened. The corpers that were slained are not Yorubas? Its obvious you are already scared.

Please brother, just ignore this silly thread thanks
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by houvest: 4:05am On Jan 04, 2012
The umbrella association of all socio-cultural organisations in the North, the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, the Gombe and Plateau State governments, Oodua People’s Congress, Nigerian Inter-religious Council, NIREC and the pan Yoruba’s Afenifere, yesterday, condemned the demand by the Muslim’s Boko Haram sect that southern Nigerian Christians living in the North leave the area within three days, describing such demand as not only empty but uncalled for.

ACF saidBoko Haram could not speak for majority of Muslims, let alone for the whole North.

The Plateau and Gombe state governments also reacted to the three days ultimatum, assuring that they would protect the lives of everybody living in their states irrespective of the tribe or religious inclinations.

Boko Haram spokesman, Abdul Qaga, had told newsmen in a telephone interview Monday that Christian and other Southerners living in the North should leave the area, vowing to confront troops posted to curtail its activities in some volatile northern states.

It’s an empty threat – Afenifere

National leader of Afenifere, a pan Yoruba group, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, described as empty, the three-day ultimatum by Boko Haram as the events that would follow would be disastrous to everybody.

However, the National Coordinator of Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, Otunba Gani Adams asked southerners living in the north lo leave to avoid blood bath just as the Niger Delta Group said the threat was aimed at bringing down the government.

The Voice of Northern Christians Movement led by Pastor Musa Dikwa said the threat was empty.

This was as NIREC urged Nigerians to disregard any threat from any group asking them to leave their houses, promising adequate security for every Nigerian living anywhere in the country.

Jonathan is their target — N/Delta group

A pressure group, Niger Delta Nationalities Forum, in Lagos State, said the threat by the Islamic sect was aimed at bringing down the government of President Goodluck Jonathan.

In a telephone interview with Vanguard, chairman of the group, Mr Manager Seigha berated the group for making such a threat, noting: “The threat will not pay anyone.

“Our group is of the view that they (Boko Haram) will be affected most. We also think they are trying to execute the promise they made to the President because they promised to make the country ungovernable for the president because he won the 2011 presidential elections. The threat has become political which is aimed at over-throwing his government. We are not afraid of the division of Nigeria because it will help us to develop at our own pace. We are ready if they (Boko Haram) want to divide this country.”

Boko Haram can’t speak for North

However, in its reaction, ACF, through its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Anthony Sani said: ‘’There have been such threats from both the south and the north of recent. But our attitudes have been that they are are better ignored, precisely because just as those from the south cannot speak for the good people of the south, Boko Haram cannot claim to speak for majority of Muslims,let alone for the North. In any case, there are Muslims in both North and South.

“We still urge Boko Haram to use the available due process of addressing grievances in the country to address their concerns rather than harassing innocent people who are not even aware of what the sect stands for.

’’Constructive engagement for the purpose of true reconciliation that go with genuine forgiveness is about the only path to peaceful coexistence needed for socio-economic and political development of Nigeria.”

Don’t be intimidated – Plateau govt

Also, the Plateau State government has called on the people of the state not to be intimidated by the threat of Boko Haram sect to vacate the Northern part of the country, re-affirming government’s commitment to securing the lives and property of every citizen.

Similarly, Senator representing Plateau South, Mr Victor Lar, has condemned the ultimatum, describing it as seditious.

The state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mr. Yiljap Abraham, who made government’s position known to Vanguard, yesterday, said the country’s constitution guarantees the right of every Nigerian to move freely and reside in any part of the country.

“The Nigerian constitution gives liberty to all Nigerians to move freely without hinderance. Indeed, we call on the good people of Plateau to remain calm, be alert and refuse to be intimidated in any way, but to stay committed to all efforts in maintaining the peace toward a better Plateau,” he said.

Lar in his reaction said the statement was inflammatory but should not be trivialized by government, stressing that a stop should be put to the impression that the more trouble you cause, the better attention you get from government.

According to him,“we have created an impression that the harder you shoot, the more attention you get. Before now government has not been able to differentiate between popular community demand and criminality. All were lumped together under the name ‘agitation’ and this has led us to where we are today.

’’Amnesty in the South-South part of this country has created an impression that the harder you shoot, the better response you get from the government.

“However, the government should not treat the ultimatum by the Boko Haram with kid gloves. Government can discuss with the group but not negotiation; they know them. But the ultimatum is highly seditious and it should be resisted.”

Gombe govt assures residents

Gombe State government in its reaction also assured residents living in the state especially, southerners of adequate protection of their lives and property even as the police in the state said “there is nothing that is getting out of hand as far as security is concerned.”

Speaking in a telephone interview with Vanguard, the State Commissioner for Information, Rev. Habu Dawaki, said: “I assure you, Gombe State is a peaceful state and we have always lived in peace with everybody and we have not had any challenges and we will not have any challenge. We have all live in peace with each other. So, be rest assured that Gombe is the ultimate destination for peace”.

Similarly, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ebikeme Orubebe said although he was not aware of the said ultimatum, the police in the state were abreast of the security challenges in the country.

ARP tasks N-Assembly

African Renaissance Party, ARP, yesterday, urged the National Assembly to reconvene as a matter of national urgency, to help tackle the Boko Haram threats.

Mr Udoka Udeogaranya, Lagos State chairman of ARP in a statement, said there was need for the lawmakers to enact a law that would punish perpetrators and ensure that everyone joins hands to end the menace.

The party said: “It is our opinion that the ultimatum by the sect, amid a rising tide of violence, gives a profound recognition that punitive measures are needed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/quit-threat-to-christians-acf-afenifere-opc-n-delta-group-nirec-others-react/

I HOPE ALL THESE ADVISERS ARE RIGHT
Re: Boko Haram's Threat:massob Directs Igbos To Remain In The North;says'dont Panic" by aljharem3: 4:08am On Jan 04, 2012
Yes arewa and co are right

Boko haram or killing of anybody be it southern or northern, igbo yoruba etc are NOT supported in the north. This has been the thing I have been tell u people about before I get a brag of insults etc.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of President Jonathan Taking A Salute At the Army Day Celebration / APC is Predictably Useless. See Why / Another Plane Crash Averted As Arikkair Plane Engine Exploded Mid Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.